2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (AlkansBookcase, brdwyguy, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, clothearednincompo, bcalvanese, booms, 10 invisible), 1,961 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Perhaps you'd care to post your purchase information in the Prices Paid thread at http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/1201029/38/digital-piano-prices-paid.html
Code
USER LOCATION: 
MAKE: 
MODEL: 
CONDITION: new/used
PRICE PAID: 
DELIVERY CHARGE: 
VENDOR LOCATION: 
VENDOR NAME: 
PURCHASE DATE: 

Originally Posted by David B
Originally Posted by Zanoni
I wouldn't want someone to cut me slack. I would want to know (ASAP) if I was factually incorrect so that I could correct it.God Bless, David

He says, "the action on an AdventGrand piano is the same as what we have in a full size concert grand. God Bless, David

You say you want to know (ASAP) about any incorrect information you shared. So what about your contineously misswriting the name Yamaha AvantGrand for Yamaha AdventGrand? A bit strange for a person that ownes an Yamaha AvantGrand N1X himself. Or is it something religious (Advent) that you want to add to the name? It would not surprise me, considering how frequently you are handing out God's blessings over here. Anyway this kind of deliberately misswriting is also giving incorrect information.

Didn't notice I was doing that. Thank you for pointing it out. I'll try to be more aware in the future.

God Bless,
David

And when an Advent Grand finally arrives, before Christmas, one might hope it will be the precursor to even more wonderful things . . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
E
EPW Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
E
Advent Grand

The birth of a new hobby wink

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I think that when the N1X I have ordered will come and replace my CLP150 (2002), it will be a grand advent !

Last edited by Frédéric L; 11/21/20 04:52 PM.

http://www.sinerj.org/
http://humeur-synthe.sinerj.org/
Yamaha N1X, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
M
mwf Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Does anyone on here know if the N3X has the exact same action as the N1X? Or does N3X have a superior action? I presumed they both share exact same action.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by mwf
Does anyone on here know if the N3X has the exact same action as the N1X? Or does N3X have a superior action? I presumed they both share exact same action.

Same action, different key surfaces.

Originally Posted by EssBrace
Originally Posted by mwf

Same action, different key surfaces.

Why? Does the key surface improve with higher models?

"[Linked Image]"
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Yes :

N3X, N2 : Ivorite (synthetic Ivory ?)
N1X : Acrylic resin.

Note : even the lowest Clavinova (CLP735) has synthetic ivory key top...

It is quite unfortunate to pay a premium price (7500€) for something quite inferior to this 2000€ DP in some point of view (key top, display). But the quality of the keyboard made me choose it without hesitation.

Last edited by Frédéric L; 11/21/20 07:48 PM.

Yamaha N1X, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
Is there anything really exciting about synthetic ivory? It's synthetic. It's not ivory. It's just plastic. WOW! frown

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
If synthetic ivory is made from gelatin and hydroxylapatite (see https://www.fkf.mpg.de/6949480/74_1_Bio_inspired_synthetic_Ivory_Fischer), it is not the simple plastic we can have.

However, I haven’t tried both key tops in a short time to tell you if the grip of these are quite different.

Last edited by Frédéric L; 11/21/20 07:54 PM.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Synthetic is still nice. The key surface of the Yamaha CLP and Kawai CA series do not feel 'fake' compared to their CX and GX grand pianos, so I would rather they do synthetic ivory than acrylic resin.

Originally Posted by Beowulf
Synthetic is still nice. The key surface of the Yamaha CLP and Kawai CA series do not feel 'fake' compared to their CX and GX grand pianos, so I would rather they do synthetic ivory than acrylic resin.

They do feel different to the plain ole plastic, even if it has a matt finish, for some reason. Can never quite understand that; just how sensitive are our fingers?
The synthetic ivory on my Roland felt different (a little better) again, but scratched fairly easily on the surface.
But unless there is a bit of real ivory in the mix, it should not be called ivorite!

"[Linked Image]"
Peter is seeking honest marketing! Sentiment: good. Probability: low.
Originally Posted by peterws
... unless there is a bit of real ivory in the mix, it should not be called ivorite!

[Linked Image]

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Love the shiny acrylic on my NU1. It has the right amount of friction and slipperiness. Have had the synthetic in the past, from Kawai, not a fan in looks or feel. I would not pick an action based on that as a specification alone.

3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
They do feel different to the plain ole plastic, even if it has a matt finish, for some reason. Can never quite understand that; just how sensitive are our fingers?
People and climates differ so that might make a difference, for example, in a steamy tropical climate where people don't use air conditioning.

But unless there is a bit of real ivory in the mix, it should not be called ivorite!
Taking the page of deception from the furniture and shoe industries which confusingly market pleather, leatherette, Naugahyde, PU leather, faux leather, vegan leather, etc. And mysterious bonded leather or bicast leather.

Regardless, the synthetic ivories are better then the alternative IMHO.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
Love the shiny acrylic on my NU1. It has the right amount of friction and slipperiness. Have had the synthetic in the past, from Kawai, not a fan in looks or feel. I would not pick an action based on that as a specification alone.

It's all just fluff for the marketing people. Shiny plastic is just fine. Total non-issue.

G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by EssBrace
It's all just fluff for the marketing people. Shiny plastic is just fine. Total non-issue.

+1. Totally happy with shiny plastic. Wouldn't mind an acoustic quality synthetic ivory, but totally a non-issue.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
N
OP Offline
N
Hi Pianoforum family,

To give you an update- I was so busy piano shopping for the past week checking out different new and used models of Yamaha, Kawai and Steinway and calling different distributors even out of state. There were also good listings from Craigslist, OfferUp and Facebook Market place that I personally checked.

I was very tempted to buy a brand new that would amount to purchasing a premium car but I'm not an impulsive buyer and the local dealers were not able to persuade me (as they said sweetly to me- just finance the remaining we offer 2yrs no interest bla bla bla). It was like buying a car and some were pushy and would really won't let me leave until I buy it. I found great deals everywhere even an out of state piano company who offered me a used grand piano price I can't resist with 5yrs warranty. However, each piano is different and at the end of the day I told myself without hearing and playing that piano, it's a big risk and I wouldn't know how I will like it.

After reading a lot reviews here and there, listening to Youtube and trying out multiple pianos locally, I decided to get a used but in pristine condition Yamaha C3 Conservatory 6'1" with 5yrs warranty and 2 free tunings. I know I was was just eyeing for a baby grand size but there was a big difference in sound so I told myself I just have to push my couch further move around things to accommodate it. There's always a room for the piano if that's my priority.

It was an incredible experience since it's my childhood dream to own a grand piano and finally I have one now. Big blessings thank you Lord. This is another major milestone in my life. Buying a car, a house and now a grand piano all from my own sweat and hard work.

This process taught me to do thoroughly my research, don't be shy to haggle the price and don't be overly excited /rush it. Opinions from experts matters but some are still objective some are subjective so at the end of the day be wise with the investment. Find the piano you really love that would inspire you to practice each day to become better.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Congratulations on your purchase! The C3 is an awesome and reliable one.

Tyr Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
[Linked Image]

That got me. Well played Mac³ grin

Last edited by Tyr; 11/23/20 03:23 PM.

Kawai: NV5 | Yamaha: CLP-745R
Pianoteq 7 Pro | Garritan CFX Full | Vienna Imperial | Keyscape Full | Ravenscroft 275 - Modern U - Model D - AG | Minigrand | The Oeser
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission