2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
35 members (DaEgg, Eli26, EPW, Evgeny 85, FrankCox, cozmopak, 11 invisible), 430 guests, and 390 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Recital #60 --- General Discussion Room
AB Forum Recital #3048099 11/21/20 07:29 PM
S
S
PianogrlNW, Peyton, barbaram, Serge88, Sam S, Ido, MarieJ, SMA55, ShiroKuro thank you for the encouragement.

PianogrlNW, I think I managed something unnatural at the end --- EMaj7 to Bflat with stuff on top. I wish I knew how it worked.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
AB Forum Recital #3048108 11/21/20 08:37 PM
T
T
Thank you barbaram, Ido, Serge88, JB_PW, Sam_S, MarieJ, and ShiroKuro for your encouraging words and comments!

Talão

Yamaha U3 and P125
Playing since July 2019
My piano journey
AB Forum Recital #3048150 11/22/20 03:26 AM
I'm having a blast with this recital!

Second part of my comments:

11. vte - Andante from Sonatina Op 55 No 4
Enjoyable and even playing! Good job with this piece.

12. Ted Jones - Burst loveletter number nine
I recognized your busy-sounding music the moemnt I heard the first notes, Ted. To be honest, I think your style of music is a bit of an acquired taste. Definitely interesting to listen to, though. Somehow, the title perfectly matches the piece or, you know, vice versa.

13. Rich D. - Argentinian Dance No. 2
I really enjoy the moderate dramatic changes of this pieces, and you play it with riveting expression.

14. AndresVel (Andres) - Minuet in G minor (BWV Anh. 115)
Congrats on discovering the joy of learning the piano and this confident performance! You don't sound like someone with only 5 months' experience. Really impressive.

15. Mosotti - Arietta
A competent performance full of poise and gracefulness.

16. AlexKi - Of Foreign Lands and Peoples
Very nice use of subtle dynamic changes. Good job!

17. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 6 no. 2
Thanks for sharing this Mazurka. Nice and even performance.

18. Ganddalf - Siciliano Op.128 no.1
An interesting and enjoyable piece. It sounds quite light-hearted and optimistic.

19. rwsavory - Aria
A soothing piece played with skill and subdued expression.

20. JB_PW (Jen) - Prelude No. 3 in C Minor
Congrats on finally taking the plunge and performing in the ABF recitals, Jen! This is a highly promising debut, in which you ooze control and sensitivity. Your cat is either easily moved, or just a philistine!

21. Rachtoven - Prelude in C major, BWV 846
A beautiful and even performance of Bach's prelude. Well done.

23. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Deep River
I read the lyrics while listening to your performance, and thought you somehow to evoke their meaning through your playing. A beautiful and, as far as I can tell, flawless performance.

24. meganr - Little Prelude in D Major BWV 926
Recording this performance was the right decision. I didn"t notice the 'left hand bobles'. Good job with the Little Prelude.

25. Jason Lenthe - Reverie
I'm not a fan of Debussy, but you seem to have done a more than adequate job with this performance. I do enjoy the change around 2:20, and the overall gentle mood and control you bring to this piece.

Thank you to everyone who commented on my performance of You're Not Alone. I'm always curious to see how people react to my selections.

Originally Posted by KevinM
22. Calavera - You're Not Alone
Always love your music selection from games. There are memory triggers from bit of this that make think of Elton John. But I can't tie it down. This is just lovely and played with a nice sensitive and assured touch.
Uematsu says Elton John was his main inspiration, but indeed it's hard to pinpoint any specific echoes of EJ's songs in Uematsu' compositions. Perhaps they borrow from Elton John 'in spirit' rather than in terms of melodies. Thanks for your comment KevinM!

Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
I have really enjoyed your other submissions of Uematsu pieces, so I was looking forward to this and you did not disappoint! But now I really want to know what (who) you’re going to play next!! Do you play other Japanese composers (not in the gaming world), like Hisaishi or Sakamoto?
I've dabbled in some Hisaishi before, and technically he's also part of video game music since his work on the Ni no Kuni franchise. At the moment though, i'm still enamoured with the catchy game melodies I used to hum (usually off-key tired) as a child a teenager.
You can therefore expect some music by Uematsu's current and former colleagues.

Calavera #3048169 11/22/20 05:36 AM
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Calavera
I recognized your busy-sounding music the moemnt I heard the first notes, Ted. To be honest, I think your style of music is a bit of an acquired taste. Definitely interesting to listen to, though. Somehow, the title perfectly matches the piece or, you know, vice versa.

Oh yes, it was an acquired taste for me too, but after fifty years I couldn't face the prospect of spending the rest of my life playing the same old music in the same old way, getting progressively narrower and fossilised like most older musicians seem to, especially classical ones. I want to constantly reach out, have fun, create something new every day. Most of my titles are Satiesque nonsense, serving as memory triggers. "Interesting" is a fine enough compliment, and thanks for listening.

"We shall always love the music of the masters, but they are all dead and now it's our turn." - Llewelyn Jones, my piano teacher
KevinM #3048170 11/22/20 05:39 AM
S
S
Originally Posted by KevinM
SMA55, I really appreciate your comments about 30.6. I've been listening to the recordings a few times recently and I've realised I am a long way from happy with both of them. But I think your comments about putting weight on the wrong notes in each bar is valid and I'll be practising and listening out for it now. I think I know why it is (The first and fourth note in the left hand) are often the lowest and by some distance and for a long time I was missing the note as I was in too much of a hurry to move the left hand back towards the middle to play the remainder of the broken chord after playing. Meaning I was missing the bottom note quite often completely and I became tentative at playing those notes. So that now needs to be rectified.

I have an earlier recording of me playing Opus 30 No. 6 where I have played the trills as semi-quavers. I felt it lost too much, but the rhythm of it is better I think. This is played using a virtual piano with quite a distinctive sound, so it sounds quite different to recording submitted for the recital.

Songs Without Words 30.6 - missing trill

I actually prefer your earlier recording, Kevin. For one thing, the beat accents sound closer to what they should be. And the flow is MUCH better without your having the need to slow down for the trills. In my view, your using semi-quavers instead of trills is perfectly acceptable, because ornaments are just embellishments after all; I think tasteful deviations from what the composer wrote are okay when it comes to them. One way that you could have made these semi-quavers sound less static and more interesting would have been to start them off soft, gradually crescendo them, and then gradually decrescendo. In fact, that's how I myself play these ornaments in this piece, although I do play them as trills. Also, I start the trills out slow and soft, gradually increase their speed and volume, and then gradually taper off their speed and volume--all while allowing the left hand to act as the conductor with an all important steady tempo/flow. One last comment on your earlier recording: you were also playing the mordants back then with B#'s instead of the B's that were written by Mendelssohn. Can you hear how this is just sour sounding, given that they're out of key?

jazzyprof #3048171 11/22/20 05:46 AM
S
S
Originally Posted by jazzyprof
Originally Posted by SMA55
01. jazzyprof - Song Without Words, Op.30 no.1
I’m very impressed with your performance of this piece. You play it very evenly and execute on the notes nearly flawlessly. My only criticism is that in the piece’s B section, you’re leaving out several notes. Specifically, in each of measures 13-16, you’re tying over both notes of each dyad in beat 3 through to beat 4. But only the upper note of each dyad should be tied over. So what we’re hearing is an awkward silence on beat 4 in each of those measures, when we should be hearing a D played there in measures 13 and 15 and an F played there in measures 14 and 16. Make sense? Otherwise, you’ve done an excellent job on the piece, and I enjoyed listening to your performance!

Thank you so much for your detailed, substantive critique of my performance! This sort of feedback is why I love this forum so much. Ordinarily I would have to pay a teacher $80 an hour for the kind of constructive feedback you've given me for free! You've reminded me that I need to pay close attention to the score. I went back to the wayward measures (13-16) you pointed out and corrected the errors. And yes, I can now hear what Mendelssohn actually intended in those measures. Thanks again!

You're welcome! And I'm glad that you found my comments helpful.

AB Forum Recital #3048176 11/22/20 06:05 AM
S
S
Thank you so much to all who've listened to my recording, and special thanks to Qwerty53, AndresVel, Sam S, Peyton, JB_PW, AssociateX, Serge88, MarieJ, PianogrlNW, Rachtoven, jazzyprof, and ShiroKuro for kindly taking the time to comment upon it!

Originally Posted by Sam S
32. sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Alla Turca from Sonata in A major KV 331 Wise choice to cut back on the time - when you have 51 pieces to listen to, a 20 minute sonata is a bit much! Very nicely done - loved the dynamic changes! Needs cymbals! The video threw me at first - ghost pianist!

Ah, yes--cymbals! I knew it was missing something. Excellent suggestion! Also, I've found that the ghost who's been haunting my house has been much better behaved since I bought him the piano. (Seriously, I've stopped appearing in my videos, due to a certain agreement I have with an employer.)

Ted #3048180 11/22/20 06:24 AM
S
S
Originally Posted by Ted

Oh yes, it was an acquired taste for me too, but after fifty years I couldn't face the prospect of spending the rest of my life playing the same old music in the same old way, getting progressively narrower and fossilised like most older musicians seem to, especially classical ones. I want to constantly reach out, have fun, create something new every day. Most of my titles are Satiesque nonsense, serving as memory triggers. "Interesting" is a fine enough compliment, and thanks for listening.

While I realize that your response was intended for the person who commented upon your performance here (Calavera), I do have a challenge for you, Ted. I, for one, would love to hear you play a "fossilised" piece by some established composer. Take your pick of which one, as long as it's played true to form and without improvisation. Dare you submit one in an upcoming recital?

AB Forum Recital #3048334 11/22/20 03:34 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Thank you, Sam, for putting together this great 60th recital! And many thanks to all who commented on my piece!

02. QuasiUnaFantasia - Prelude op. 28 no. 6
That was beautifully done!

04. Ido - Little prelude in D major (BWV 925)
Very nice touch, steady beat.

05. MarieJ - Gymnopedie No. 1
Good job, Marie!

Amazing job for only having had 5 months of piano experience. Your ornaments are flawless.

Nicely played. You brought out the Romantic in Bach!

Well done!

31. Moo smile - opus 87 no 7 - A major fugue
Thanks for introducing me to this nice Shostakovich piece. I was only familiar with his big orchestral works.

41. KevinM - Songs Without Words 30.6 and 19.4
Great to see another fan of Mendelssohn’s Songs Without Words. Nicely played.

44. AssociateX (Liz) - Prelude in F# Major WTC 1 (BWV858)
Well done…very nice trills!

46. ShiroKuro - Energy Flow
Very expressive playing with a lovely touch and sound.

49. Kevin1116 - Piano Sonata in E-Flat Major Op. 27 no. 1 "Quasi una Fantasia" IV. Allegro Vivace
That was excellent! I watched your entire sonata on Youtube. Such agile fingers, great technique, great interpretation!

50. Qwerty53 - Valsette en bleu
Another new composer to me. Nicely played and a lovely sound from your new Estonia.

51. Sam S - Song Without Words op 19-4
Sam, that was wonderful! I also loved your subtitles which showed me how much attention one should pay to details in the score.

"Playing the piano is my greatest joy...period."......JP
SMA55 #3048366 11/22/20 05:47 PM
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by SMA55
Originally Posted by Ted

While I realize that your response was intended for the person who commented upon your performance here (Calavera), I do have a challenge for you, Ted. I, for one, would love to hear you play a "fossilised" piece by some established composer. Take your pick of which one, as long as it's played true to form and without improvisation. Dare you submit one in an upcoming recital?

Could do I suppose, if that is what people really prefer, I’ll give it serious consideration.

"We shall always love the music of the masters, but they are all dead and now it's our turn." - Llewelyn Jones, my piano teacher
AB Forum Recital #3048396 11/22/20 08:46 PM
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Another very rewarding Recital, thank you to everyone who took the time to listen to my submission. Special thank to those who provided encouragement and advice: AndresVel, QuasiUnaFantasia, Qwerty53, Sam S, PianogrlNW, SMA55, Kevin1116, Rachtoven, Ido, Peyton, AssociateX, KevinM, Calavera, ShiroKuro, jazzyprof. I value every comment.

PianogrlNW, I've noted the tip and will try to do as you suggest. I’m painfully aware of the difficulty in sustaining the melodic line in the Gymnopedies; it’s improving but I still have some way to go before it really flows.

Kevin1116, I haven’t checked out The Queen’s Gambit yet, but I’ve added it to my to-watch list.

ShiroKuro, thank you! I’ve wanted to play this piece forever.
I’ve tinkered with Gnossienne No. 1 from time to time, thinking that - measure lines or no measure lines - I should start to take it seriously, but I’d never heard No. 4. I’ve just checked it out now on YouTube and I LOVE it. Another piece for my bucket list!

And finally Sam S, once again thank you so much for all of the work you do to keep these Recitals up and running. I think I'd be lost without them. thumb

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LX

My C3 - solace. And joy.
AB Forum Recital #3048465 11/23/20 05:25 AM
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Many thanks to everyone who has commented on my piece, I really appreciate the feedback.
Here's my next batch of comments:

Congrats on your first ABF recital! This is such a beautiful classic, and you play it with a lovely flow and sensitivity. Well done!

This piece is great even without any familiarity with the game, and I’m sure it has huge resonance for fans of the game. Great performance, I really enjoyed this

23. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Deep River
Such beautiful harmonies, I loved this

24. meganr - Little Prelude in D Major BWV 926
Glad to hear you are finding solace in piano during these difficult times. I really enjoyed the energy and momentum of your performance.

25. Jason Lenthe - Reverie
Lovely

26. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Prelude in C Major (BWV 846)
I liked this a lot. It felt to me that your interpretation had a more modern, less baroque feel to it that I am used to, perhaps to do with where you placed the stresses, but it worked very well

27. Peter Hontaru - The Little Ballerina
Amazing achievement on this piece and your ABRSM6, well done!

28. JJHLH - Waltz No. 10 in B minor
Great job, very well played

29. timmyab - Sonata k25
Ooh, very nice, well done

30. Purrblast - Prelude in E minor
Wow, you’ve had an eventful time. Congratulations on the new arrival!
Lovely prelude, very nice

31. Moo smile - opus 87 no 7 - A major fugue
Gosh, I would never has guessed this was Shostakovich if I didn’t know! Sounds like quite a challenge, well done with it

32. sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Alla Turca from Sonata in A major KV 331
You may be only moderately satisfied with this but I think it’s terrific! It flows along with a sparkling energy.

33. winterflower - considering
Very enjoyable, I liked the opening especially

[Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #3048473 11/23/20 06:36 AM
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
My thanks to AndresVel, Qwerty53, Sam S, PianogrlN, Kevin1116, MarieJ, KevinM, Rachtoven, Shirolkuro, and Calavera for their nice comments about my playing of Alberto Ginastera's Argentinian Dance No. 2. It was a fun piece to learn and one of my favorites to play.

Rich

Retired at the beach

Anton Rubinstein said about the piano: "You think it is one instrument? It is a hundred instruments!"
AB Forum Recital #3048617 11/23/20 04:34 PM
J
J
Thanks very much for the additional feedback. I’m really glad I decided to participate - it’s been a positive experience and I’m already looking forward to the next one!

Here are the rest of my comments...I didn’t quite get to everyone, but I know I’m going to have limited time for listening the rest of this week.

This is one my absolute favorites of the SWWs...since I’ve listened to it a hundred times I did pick up on the error sma55 mentioned, but if I didn’t know it so well I don’t know that it would have stood out. I thought your playing was really lovely!

That sounded great...the melody came through nicely. I thought your tempo choice was perfect.

I really enjoyed that. It had a nice ‘floaty’ feel. I didn’t notice any ‘warts.’ smile

09. Serge88 - Your Song
I’ve always liked this song, and I thought it was a great arrangement. Nice job!

10. Tim Adrianson - Morning on the Milkweed
Really fine playing, and that was definitely a very joyful piece!

You’ve only been playing for 9 months? Wow, I thought that was really strong. Welcome to PW!

That was really nice...very enjoyable. I’m not familiar with this piece but I might add it to my list!

That’s a really interesting piece! I thought your performance was fantastic.

26. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Prelude in C Major (BWV 846)
Nice work, and beautiful new piano. You turn pages like a pro! Nice of your little dog to make such a polite appearance.

28. JJHLH - Waltz No. 10 in B minor
Really good! I’ve been playing quite a bit longer than you and I can’t get a grip on this piece yet.

29. timmyab - Sonata k25
Great performance! Very delicately played. I really like this piece.

30. Purrblast - Prelude in E minor
Really lovely, I enjoyed listening.

35. Flygbladet - Nocturne in E minor
This piece was a really nice choice, and I thought it was very well played.

36. Piano_primo - Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach#Sacred song "Schaffs mit mir, Gott", BWV 514
Maybe a simple piece, but still very enjoyable to listen to. Nice job!

37. Greta99 - Valse Lente, Op. 33
So much character and expression...I thought it was excellent.

39. PikaPianist - Melodie Op.4, No.2
Absolutely gorgeous. The dynamics were so well done! P.S. I vote for the overhead view.

41. KevinM - Songs Without Words 30.6 and 19.4
Very impressive! I would guess you’ve put a lot of work into these. I think you should be really proud.

I ❤️ Mendelssohn, Yann Tiersen, Heller
AB Forum Recital #3048738 11/23/20 09:49 PM
S
S
38. JoBert - Erinnerung
I lent my almost new Album for the Young to a friend 30 years ago and haven't seen it since. After hearing you, I think I should look for another copy. It is a touching little gem.

37. Greta99 - Valse Lente, Op. 33
Something new to me. Lovely piece. Played well. Nice sense of time.

36. Piano_primo - Notebook for Anna Magdalena BachSacred song Schaffs mit mir, Gott, BWV 514
Maybe simple, but also quite naked. Nice balance in loudness between left and right hands.

35. Flygbladet - Nocturne in E minor
As you point out it is interesting how the Moonlight Sonata sets up expectations. I've only heard heard his B flat nocturne before. I really like this one.

34. facdo - Sonata in Eb Major, K.282
Good job for only 4 months prep. A pleasure to listen to. Now I want to work on some Mozart!

33. winterflower - considerin
I'm impressed, I find it hard to improvise for more than a few seconds. Some interesting bits here.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #3048745 11/23/20 10:27 PM
K
K
Wonderful recital everyone! This was really fun to listen to and I'm glad I played!

Purrblast - A very sad prelude. You can hear the heartache coming out in your playing. Nice choice of tempo; great performance
sma55 - Fun playing! Good dynamic range, you have a very good control over the sound you’re producing. If you have the rest of the sonata, I’d definitely be interested in listening!
facdo - I’m really impressed by how much work you’ve accomplished everytime I listen to one of your recordings. The first movement is sweet, and the last movement was brisk and enjoyable. Great playing!
Greta99 - Very sweet and gentle playing. It’s a nice a waltz and you play the middle section quite well.
PikaPianist - So beautiful! And I really enjoyed your interpretation. It’s a shame that Fanny has only gotten credit for her works quite recently.
KevinM - Whenever I try to count the boat song while listening to a recording, I get reminded of how difficult it must be to play. Nice job keeping a steady tempo, and I enjoyed the dynamics towards the end.
sandalholme - This was a very nice interlude in the middle of the recital. You bring out a lot of the chromaticism very well.
Associate X Liz - Great prelude! It was nice and rhythmic! Hope that you learn the fugue too!
Talao - Congrats on your first recital! I read over your recital thread too, quite impressive work in just 16 months! You do a good job make sure the melody isn’t obscured by the accompaniment.
ShiroKuro - I can see why it was chart-topper! It’s a quite lush arrangement and you bring some very nice rubato to the performance.
psych 23 Edwin - Very nice dreamy playing! Debussy is so good at painting landscapes with his music, and you convey it oh so well.
Sam S - A fitting end to the recital! Beautiful and lyrical playing! Bravo! The video was very interesting; nice to see that callout of the German 6th! I ought to spend more time harmonically analyzing the pieces I’m working on; it’s so much easier to recover from mistakes when you know where you’re going.

I'm kschwarz1116 on youtube

Unless I mention otherwise, I always like constructive feedback.
AB Forum Recital #3048749 11/23/20 10:54 PM
K
K
Also I'd like to give thanks to Peyton, Qwerty53, AndresVel, stumbler, Pianogrl NW, barbaram, Rachtoven, Ido, Serge88, JB_PW, Sam S, MarieJ, ShiroKuro, and jazzyprof for the very kind comments.

As for how long the whole sonata took me (AndresVel asked), I started it when I was still in college, and then put it down for a while. I picked it back up at from a quite "dusty" state some point around May 2020 - when exactly, I can't say

I'm kschwarz1116 on youtube

Unless I mention otherwise, I always like constructive feedback.
AB Forum Recital #3048917 11/24/20 10:05 AM
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Last set of comments from me, covering the first twenty submissions. What a great recital! Thanks as always Sam for all the work to make it happen

What a great opener to our recital, this was just lovely

So evocative, I love it

03. wouter79 - celestial voices and vesper song, op.45 no9, 10
Lovely, I enjoyed both but the second in particular. Your piano is sounding great!

04. Ido - Little prelude in D major (BWV 925)
Gorgeous

I love this piece, I’m working on it at the moment myself. Your performance is gorgeous

06. Peyton - Aria from The Goldberg Variations
Lovely build from the simplicity of the opening to the flow at the end

07. pianist685 (Constantin) - Waltz A minor B.150
Such a wonderful piece, and your performance is great.

09. Serge88 - Your Song
Really enjoyable performance

10. Tim Adrianson - Morning on the Milkweed
Lovely uplifting piece

Well done on participating in your first recital and on your new digital piano! This sounded great, well done

The opening was perhaps a little too intense for me, but I enjoyed the mellower sections a lot

13. Rich D. - Argentinian Dance No. 2
I learned this a few years ago, it’s such a fab piece. It was a real stretch for me, but so worth it. Your performance is gorgeous

Well done on participating in your first recital. Very nicely played, I especially liked your trills and ornaments

15. Mosotti - Arietta
Lovely, well done

16. AlexKi - Of Foreign Lands and Peoples
Very nicely played

I loved this, great mood and energy

I love when you bring unfamiliar composers to our attention, this was no exception! Really enjoyable

19. rwsavory - Aria
Very pretty piece, and you play it with a lovely delicacy. Really nice!

20. JB_PW (Jen)- Prelude no. 3 in C Minor
Congrats on your first recital submission! Lovely piece and you do a terrific job. I’m a fan of Catherine Rollin too and am polishing one of hers up for the Female Composers recital in the New Year, and just pulled out a book of her Christmas arrangements yesterday.
I’m entertained by your crying cat – one of our dogs likes to howl along in accompaniment when my daughter plays her saxophone!

[Linked Image]
barbaram #3048923 11/24/20 10:16 AM
J
J
Originally Posted by barbaram
20. JB_PW (Jen)- Prelude no. 3 in C Minor
Congrats on your first recital submission! Lovely piece and you do a terrific job. I’m a fan of Catherine Rollin too and am polishing one of hers up for the Female Composers recital in the New Year, and just pulled out a book of her Christmas arrangements yesterday.
I’m entertained by your crying cat – one of our dogs likes to howl along in accompaniment when my daughter plays her saxophone!

Thank you! I am not so entertained by my crying cat. smile She goes into the 'hallway of despair' as I like to call it, and she just howls like she's never received a minute of attention, or morsel of food, in her entire sad life. She's done this during multiple recordings that were otherwise going very well. I try not to take it personally, but I wonder sometimes if she is judging my performance and/or my musical choices LOL.

I ❤️ Mendelssohn, Yann Tiersen, Heller
barbaram #3049081 11/24/20 04:48 PM
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by barbaram
The opening was perhaps a little too intense for me, but I enjoyed the mellower sections a lot

Thanks for listening. It is the final few minutes of an hour so it actually isn’t an opening at all. I am pleased you heard bits you like. One or two people have said they would rather hear me play conventional stuff but so far they are a very small minority.
I get an odd state of contemplative calm through such intense music, you know, like the stationary spot in Brouwer’s teacup or viewing a bustling metropolis from the nineteenth floor. I guess I am a bit peculiar, but why not ? Art should reflect the whole psyche.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Our October 2020 Free Piano Newsletter is Here!
---------------------
3,000,000+!
------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Dual-sensor vs Triple-sensor Actions
by Almaviva - 11/29/20 12:14 AM
Disklavier parts needed for Yamaha Mark 3 Disklavier
by Dfrankjazz - 11/28/20 10:52 PM
Pandemic a boon for piano stores?
by doremi - 11/28/20 10:37 PM
Yamaha Clavinova cvp209 Fault
by Johnnyretro - 11/28/20 09:45 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,120
Posts3,028,338
Members99,409
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission