2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
67 members (amc252, brennbaer, accordeur, antune, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, 9 invisible), 1,790 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 81 of 191 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 190 191
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Parkher
Originally Posted by LGabrielPhoto
Final look
So you may put CA79 so close to the wall?
CA99 (because of its soundboard?) needs a gap between the wall and CA99 at least 30 cm to sound good. Or so I read.
Currently I have about 20 cm and the sound is not much different from 30 cm, but I haven't tried 40-50 cm yet...
BTW, when you say you prefer CA79 sound to CA99's - is it because it is cleaner, no additional distortions caused by the soundboard (but present in acoustics too) , or perhaps you listened to CA99 located too close to a wall?

I am still working on the wall distance positioning. If I place it like 30cm away, I feel the sound is too "dispersed" and does not give me the sound I was used to from my previous Grand which was a bit more in your face with the lid open. Moving closer to the wall, gives me a more "coming from the actual piano" feel. I am working on a balance now. smile

I tested the CA99 twice..second time I went with the info I found here and moved it away from the wall even up to 2 feet just to test. I could NOT get rid of what I perceive as a more congested sound (didn't have issues with soundboard noises). I was surprised to see the term used to describe the CA98 before it by some users here too. So guess for some of us, it does not work. I wonder if it has to do with being used to a grand with lid open vs an upright sound? Not sure but I was super biased towards the CA99 which is why I went a 2nd time but in the end, the CA79 sound was the one that did it for me. smile

P
P
Final look
CA99 (because of its soundboard?) needs a gap between the wall and CA99 at least 30 cm to sound good. Or so I read.
Currently I have about 20 cm and the sound is not much different from 30 cm, but I haven't tried 40-50 cm yet...
BTW, when you say you prefer CA79 sound to CA99's - is it because it is cleaner, no additional distortions caused by the soundboard (but present in acoustics too) , or perhaps you listened to CA99 located too close to a wall?

I am still working on the wall distance positioning. If I place it like 30cm away, I feel the sound is too "dispersed" and does not give me the sound I was used to from my previous Grand which was a bit more in your face with the lid open. Moving closer to the wall, gives me a more "coming from the actual piano" feel. I am working on a balance now. smile

I tested the CA99 twice..second time I went with the info I found here and moved it away from the wall even up to 2 feet just to test. I could NOT get rid of what I perceive as a more congested sound (didn't have issues with soundboard noises). I was surprised to see the term used to describe the CA98 before it by some users here too. So guess for some of us, it does not work. I wonder if it has to do with being used to a grand with lid open vs an upright sound? Not sure but I was super biased towards the CA99 which is why I went a 2nd time but in the end, the CA79 sound was the one that did it for me. smile

Did you listen to it also from farther away, somebody else playing or in demo mode.
It is supposed to fill the room better. Not necessarily better sounding from the players perspective but from elsewhere.
Although who cares about others smile

Last edited by Parkher; 11/19/20 03:04 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Final look

Did you listen to it also from farther away, somebody else playing or in demo mode.
It is supposed to fill the room better. Not necessarily better sounding from the players perspective but from elsewhere.
Although who cares about others smile

Yeah not really, I play for myself so it has to sound good for me first as I am more demanding than my wife (audience) laugh

R
R
We have a CA79 on order. It will be in a living room on a hardwood floor. Will there be an issue with sound? Is it better to be on a carpeted floor?

Kawai CA79 (Nov 2020), Kawai ES920 (Aug 2021), Roland ep-7IIe (1993)
P
P
To me its mid-range sounds a bit boxy. Or congested. Yes, you are right. Need to try it in the middle of the room.
Great ends, though. Currently I am sort of stuck at 20 cm from the wall because my AiO computer is hanging a bit too low, or way to high at the next arm height.
But I did not feel any real improvement when trying at 30 cm.
Because of this SARS-2 thing I did not want to go to any store personally. And it was in May. It is much worse now...
Perhaps I would have liked CA79 better too. But I mostly play with headphones anyway.
I am guessing that even without the soundboard CA79 passes enough vibrations to the keys.
With the soundboard CA99 sure does.
Oh, to open up, CA99 requires quite a lot of master volume - over a half at least. Again - recommendations. But yes, probably.
I find that a brighter voicing helps with congestion somewhat.

A
A
Does anyone cover the speaker with fabric cover or something? I don't like the exposed speaker on top and worry that it might become a nightmare to clean later on.

R
R
Assembly is pretty easy but carrying it, that's another story.
My wife it's light weight so it was s bit too heavy for her to move it from the garage to our living room. I didn't want to risk her back so I got a neighbor to help me after I setup the stand.

Ah, it sounds like you opened the box to remove the stand and carried it in separately to assemble, then carried i the the main unit? That's a good idea, but I imagine most of the weight is still in the main unit. My wife is small too.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by RickM
Assembly is pretty easy but carrying it, that's another story.
My wife it's light weight so it was s bit too heavy for her to move it from the garage to our living room. I didn't want to risk her back so I got a neighbor to help me after I setup the stand.

Ah, it sounds like you opened the box to remove the stand and carried it in separately to assemble, then carried i the the main unit? That's a good idea, but I imagine most of the weight is still in the main unit. My wife is small too.
Yeah the wight is mostly the main unit, pretty solid build based on the weight smile

G
G
Good morning.
I have a question for Kawai James.
Do all variations of a specific piano sound (eg. Romantic, Brilliant, etc.) use the same samples (with only virtual technician parameter changes), or are they different samples?

I ask because in some cases it seemed to me that I perceived different samples, so I thought that each variation had a specific set of samples.

R
R
Hi everyone. I’m hoping to get some help. I tried the CA79 and the CA59. I love them both. I was wondering what made you decide on the 79 vs the 59. Thank you!

R
R
Originally Posted by Ress
Hi everyone. I’m hoping to get some help. I tried the CA79 and the CA59. I love them both. I was wondering what made you decide on the 79 vs the 59. Thank you!
To be honest, we didn't even look at the CA59. We wanted the grand feel 3 action which the ca59 does not have. We liked the "hybrid grand" action on the Roland LX706 so the 79 was a direct comparison for us. Also, already for CAD$2000 less than the LX706 we didn't need to look lower than the 79.

S
S
Hey,

I'm unable to use the Line OUT, and I don't understand why. Does it requires some software parameter to be activated ?

I just wired the Line OUT L/R (Double Jack to RCA) with a decent quality cable.
First on my mix table (amplified), I also tried on my Yamaha Preamp. No sound come through?!

Can somebody tell me what I am missing ?

@Kawai James Hey, I am still waiting for Kawai service : Logo misaligned, and a oily stain on wood // since delivery. I'm waiting for months now (July)... My reseller contacted Kawai, but apparently they do nothing. It is really disconcerting, especially since I read on this forum that people with the Logo problem in particular, had a service from Kawai.

Thanks for you help !
s

Last edited by simonoche; 11/20/20 03:31 PM.
R
R
Originally Posted by simonoche
Logo misaligned

Isn't the logo painted on? How do they fix it?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ress
For me it was the touch and the speakers creating for me a clear improvement in sound and experience.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Kawai James
LGabrielPhoto, thanks for sharing the nice pictures - congrats on your new piano!

[quote=LGabrielPhoto]Why is the power cord NOT L-Shaped like the pedal one. I am annal and it bugs me to see the cord so I may try to find an L-Shaped replacement cord for it.

How about an adapter?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H9C15RP

Kind regards,
James
x

THanks !
I am trying to find something like that or the whole cord but the piano one is NEMA 1-15P polarized so is not rounded on both sides which is making it harder to find.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I meant a IEC320 C7 polarized plug and I cannot find a single angled version so guess it does not exist. I give up lol

G
G
I meant a IEC320 C7 polarized plug and I cannot find a single angled version so guess it does not exist. I give up lol

This?

https://www.amazon.it/Goobay-60320-...IJ18Y3W/ref=psdc_473322031_t1_B0817RN84J

Last edited by Gianluca; 11/20/20 05:08 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Gianluca

This?

https://www.amazon.it/Goobay-60320-...IJ18Y3W/ref=psdc_473322031_t1_B0817RN84J
That one is not polarized, both sides are rounded. My CA79 has one side that is like this:
Plug

Last edited by LGabrielPhoto; 11/20/20 06:11 PM.
H
H
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello Hikenkami,

May I ask:

- which online retailer was the instrument purchased from?

- have you contacted Kawai France directly to confirm the current situation?

Kind regards,
James
x

Hello James,

The online retailer I bought my CA99 from was https://www.musique-shop.fr/

I cannot contact kawai france directly, because on the customer service webpage from Kawai France, they say that the first contact should be the retailer. So until now, no luck.

https://www.kawaipiano.fr/support/sav/

K
K
A few recent promotional videos from Kawai. CA79, CA99, and NV10 for comparison.

Page 81 of 191 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 190 191

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,244
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission