2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Bellyman, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, btcomm, Animisha, 14 invisible), 2,019 guests, and 354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Pete14
Is she paid for/by Yamaha?

The first thing she mentions is the “same action of a 9ft. Grand”; incidentally, she then repeats it over and over. We all know that Yamaha wants us to believe this, and they sometimes even make the claim (perhaps unofficially). It’s BS!

I think this simply just isn't something people think about--outside of forums like this, how many people even know that there are different actions in different sized grands? A few years ago I certainly didn't know it was a thing. So take an N3X that has a CFX sound and you would naturally think (incorrectly) that it has a CFX action too. We are this mistake made over and over.

I don't think Yamaha actively perpetuates the belief, but they certainly as heck aren't doing a lot to dispel it, either wink

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
She mentioned that action is different in different sizes of grands but goes ahead and claims that the action of the N3X is the same as a concert grand anyway laugh

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
If this is not a paid video, then it clearly shows that for someone who can play Rach 2 (see other video postings from her), they can’t even tell the difference of different key lengths of the grand actions, at least if they are not comparing side by side and specifically look for it.

Piano: 1982 NY Steinway Model B, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X
VST(preference in order): VSL Synchron Pianos, Vienna Imperial, Garritan CFX, VI Labs Modern U, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Beowulf
She mentioned that action is different in different sizes of grands but goes ahead and claims that the action of the N3X is the same as a concert grand anyway laugh

Are you accusing me of not watching the video before commenting on it???

Well, for your information, you're right! whistle

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Pete14
The first thing she mentions is the “same action of a 9ft. Grand”; incidentally, she then repeats it over and over.

It's kind of embarrassing when your main talking point is rubbish. She does acknowledge varying key lengths in different acoustics, but continues to repeat the error. I don't think she realizes that the N3X only has the key length of a baby grand and not a concert grand.

God Bless
David

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
I would give her some slack. She's possibly been misled by someone, sales person, and anyway the realities may be less important to her than making music. Her enthusiasm does come through, enthusiastically!

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
And in the meantime the OP has vanished.

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
I would give her some slack. She's possibly been misled by someone, sales person, and anyway the realities may be less important to her than making music. Her enthusiasm does come through, enthusiastically!

I wouldn't want someone to cut me slack. I would want to know (ASAP) if I was factually incorrect so that I could correct it. I do not want to be associated with misinformation. It should be especially true for her since she is trying to buildup her youtube channel (like and subscribe, etc,).

God Bless,
David

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
She has some great teaching videos!

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
She’s not alone to make that claim about the action in the N3x. This guy in a Yamaha promotion video does the same, and even takes it further by explaining why it’s better than a small grand.
https://youtu.be/dHpoVioDC-A

Last edited by johanibraaten; 11/20/20 11:58 AM.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
I would get a digital piano if cost concerns , but a digital piano is a toy compared to a real piano, especially a decent one..

N3x is a great toy but no real piano, so why would you pay for a toy when you can get an instrument at the same price lol

Last edited by Jitin; 11/20/20 11:59 AM.

Yamaha P155, Yamaha P515
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by johanibraaten
She’s not alone to make that claim about the action in the N3x. This guy in a Yamaha promotion video does the same, and even takes it further by explaining why it’s better than a small grand.

He says, "the action on an AdventGrand piano is the same as what we have in a full size concert grand. It feels that way in every way, and you have the long hammer shanks, and that does make a difference when you're practicing..."

Interesting. He says the hammer shanks on the N3X are the same size as a concert grand, however, he doesn't mention key length. Maybe that's the missing link that gives the N1/3X the concert grand action. smile

I've never heard anyone talk about hammer shank length. Do we need to start measuring that now? cry

God Bless,
David

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by David B
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha

I wouldn't want someone to cut me slack. I would want to know (ASAP) if I was factually incorrect so that I could correct it. I do not want to be associated with misinformation. It should be especially true for her since she is trying to buildup her youtube channel (like and subscribe, etc,).

God Bless,
David
Whoosh.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
The internet is famed for propagating false information at megabit speeds.
Originally Posted by johanibraaten
So ... what else is new? smile

Z
Z
I wouldn't want someone to cut me slack. I would want to know (ASAP) if I was factually incorrect so that I could correct it.God Bless, David

He says, "the action on an AdventGrand piano is the same as what we have in a full size concert grand. God Bless, David

You say you want to know (ASAP) about any incorrect information you shared. So what about your contineously misswriting the name Yamaha AvantGrand for Yamaha AdventGrand? A bit strange for a person that ownes an Yamaha AvantGrand N1X himself. Or is it something religious (Advent) that you want to add to the name? It would not surprise me, considering how frequently you are handing out God's blessings over here. Anyway this kind of deliberately misswriting is also giving incorrect information.

Yamaha AvantGrand N2.
Sennheiser HD 598 SE - Sennheiser IE 80.
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
I am not aware of David “contineously” “misswriting” the gospel of Jobs (Steve Jobs) ‘round here.

D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Zanoni
I wouldn't want someone to cut me slack. I would want to know (ASAP) if I was factually incorrect so that I could correct it.God Bless, David

He says, "the action on an AdventGrand piano is the same as what we have in a full size concert grand. God Bless, David

You say you want to know (ASAP) about any incorrect information you shared. So what about your contineously misswriting the name Yamaha AvantGrand for Yamaha AdventGrand? A bit strange for a person that ownes an Yamaha AvantGrand N1X himself. Or is it something religious (Advent) that you want to add to the name? It would not surprise me, considering how frequently you are handing out God's blessings over here. Anyway this kind of deliberately misswriting is also giving incorrect information.

Didn't notice I was doing that. Thank you for pointing it out. I'll try to be more aware in the future.

God Bless,
David

A
A
As someone who's shopping for a piano bench, I felt that her bench is almost too high for the piano?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Jitin
I would get a digital piano if cost concerns , but a digital piano is a toy compared to a real piano, especially a decent one..

N3x is a great toy but no real piano, so why would you pay for a toy when you can get an instrument at the same price lol

A toy. Seriously?

Casio PX-S3000
Nope, no issues with it at all.
Took lessons from 1960 to 1969, stopped at age 16.
Started again in July 2020 at age 67. Lots more fun now!
B
B
Earlier this year I had to make the same decision, whether to buy a small acoustic grand or the Yamaha N3X. For me the decisive factor was that I mostly play at night, between 8 and 10 PM, and playing a grand at full volume would be unacceptable to my family and neighbours. The other alternative that allows for playing at lower volume would be a Yamaha transacoustic, but a Yamaha C1X or C3X with the TA system is at least twice the price of the N3X, and I wasn't really impressed with the trans-acoustic sound.
So, in the end it was easy for me to choose the N3X, which I can play at any volume I want, at a any time of the day. Besides that, it's a beautiful instrument, with a surprising amount of sound and playing versatility. I paid around €15,000 for it, which includes 21% tax.

Last edited by BrokenSymmetry; 11/21/20 02:27 PM.

Yamaha AvantGrand N3X
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission