2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
46 members (1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, 6 invisible), 1,180 guests, and 260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T

What do you think of this grand piano compared Yamaha C3 or Kawai Rx 2?

Last edited by tony3304; 10/26/20 01:17 AM.
K
K
I always found that Feurichs often have a great "depth" to them. This particular one has a very soft sound, maybe slightly too soft but that may also be the recording.
Some piece can get a bit muddied with such a soft sound.

Otherwise, it's just lovely!

Do you have any specifics about the player system of this particular piano?

Last edited by Keybender; 10/26/20 04:26 AM.
T
OP Offline
T
Sorry I don't know

S
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
PW Gold Subscriber
S
Hi Tony
I did not like the sound at all: too thin, no richness, muddy. My experience with Feurich’s on the internet has been the Feuruch of Paul Barton, which is outstanding. I would recommend not making decisions about internet postings as they may not be an accurate picture of the piano’s real sound for many reasons.

Ubu Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Considering it seems its maintenance has been a little bit neglected, i like very much how it sounds

K
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
K
Sounds generic Asian, with a poor tenor. No colour, no depth, no distinction of any kind.
Sorry.
Karl Watson

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
I think there's some potential there, but the piano's not in tune and the camcorder mic, combined with YouTube and camcorder compression/level control don't do it any favors. It's a little hard to tell.

Pianist, teacher, occasional technician, internet addict.
Piano Review Editor - Acoustic and Digital Piano Buyer
Please visit my YouTube Channel
W
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
W
Could use voicing. But generally unpleasant and tiring to listen to

-Bill L. - former tuner-technician
T
T
Feurich of Paul Barton?
is it also made by Hailun?

S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S
Originally Posted by tirta
Feurich of Paul Barton?

Paul Barton is a Feurch artist, did early demonstrations on the Feurich harmonic pedal and records his videos on the Feurich 218.

Last edited by dogperson; 10/27/20 06:04 AM.
T
T
on his youtube videos, it is written Feurich Vienna.

I heard that Feurich Vienna is actually made by Hailun.
Is this correct or not?

S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S

Is this correct or not?

Either someone from Piano Buyer or a Feurich dealer would best answer your question

O
O
Originally Posted by dogperson

Is this correct or not?

Either someone from Piano Buyer or a Feurich dealer would best answer your question
Yes, I believe the Feurich grand pianos are produced by Hailun but voiced in Austria. I note that 179 also has a laminated soundboard.

Haha! That's so freaky.
I was literally listening to that same Rach concerto (and I never listen to Rach usually, or even classical at this time of night) and I paused it to see this piano PLAYING ITSELF the exact same piece of music and pretty much at the same point. What are the chances of that!!!
But anyway, if this is the Dynamic II (or something) 179 then I have played about 4 of them in shops next to Kawais. I don't remember all the models but GENERAL thing I found for me was:

Yamaha's are nice feel etc but as a person who likes that tired mellow classical sound, the Yamahas generally have no soul whatsoever and are plain, plain, plain, plain beyond being able to bear it, HOWEVER the odd Yamaha top of the line well-voiced ultra mega grand piano can have a richness that is actually really amazing. This has happened about 2 or 3 times to me, ever.

Freurich - the Dynamic series, DO have that mellower classical sound that I like. The keys have like a 45-degree edge on the side, interesting. They can have a really gorgeous sound actually but quite hazy, as in, colourful, the whole thing is a blend, lots of overtones, but can be nice.

The KAWAI's - like GL30, GL50 and others which I can't remember the name of, I found to have a more separated, clearer sound, where each note is individual, and a better feel, although it depended on the day and which models.

When I started piano shopping and was new to the piano shopping world after three decades of isolated playing, I temporarily fell in love with a 179 which was very inspiring. There were about 3 of the same piano in the shop, but one in particular had that sound. It was only after an awful lot of playing and many shops, going back and forth over time, that I realised the Kawai's have a better feel, but the sound well, it's a matter of opinion I suppose!

As for Steinway, none of them have really blown me away yet, but that's another story I can't quite figure out.

Classical and film score composer - www.eveshka.com | 1925 Romhildt Weimar 5'5" | 1933 Broadwood 4'6"
A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
In addition to the above comments about the tuning and recording quality, I would caution you about evaluating a piano via a Pianodisc playback. Those files are created another piano and imported into the host piano as a digital file. They don't allow the performer to work to the tone, dynamics and acoustic space of the host piano because the recording was designed to bring the best out of another piano with different characteristics in a different acoustic space. The only exception to this would be if this Pianodisc recording was made on this particular piano.

D
Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
D
Feurich of Paul Barton?

Yes, I believe so.

J
6000 Post Club Member
Online Blank
6000 Post Club Member
J
All Feurich Vienna pianos are made by Hailun apart from one of the uprights which is assembled in Vienna from parts sourced from Hailun and and perhaps it has a Renner action but don't quote me on that.

I don't like Paul Barton's Feurich that much either although it's better because it's at least a good design. I will say Paul Barton is a PHENOMENAL player though.

I don't think, for the most part, Feurich and Hailun is comparable with Yamaha and Kawai, but I think they punch above their weight for the money.

I also think the piano needs voiced so we can hear what it actually sounds like.

YAMAHA Artist
T
OP Offline
T
I tried Kawai GX2 and GX6 today. I think they originally had beautiful and nostalgic sound but the voicing work which has been done on them was terrible. The technician totally ruined the balance of those two expensive pianos. He is same man who terribly voiced my piano too. I told to the shop owner but he was not very musical and couldn't notice.

Considering the price, Feurich grands have most favorite sounds that I like. I thought I like bright sound but when I tried Feurich, they have soft and mellow but clear and clean tone as well. But Feurich 218 and 179 has big gap. Feurich 218 was even better than Kawai Gx6. It has amazing sustainabilty and heart touching sound. Also I felt the touchweight like featherweight such as top quality Steinway concert grands. I couldn't stop playing. 179 was also nice but cannot be compared with 218 in every points.

Last edited by tony3304; 11/04/20 01:55 AM.
S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S
Originally Posted by tony3304
I tried Kawai GX2 and GX6 today. I think they originally had beautiful and nostalgic sound but the voicing work which has been done on them was terrible. The technician totally ruined the balance of those two expensive pianos. He is same man who terribly voiced my piano too. I told to the shop owner but he was not very musical and couldn't notice.

Considering the price, Feurich grands have most favorite sounds that I like. I thought I like bright sound but when I tried Feurich, they have soft and mellow but clear and clean tone as well. But Feurich 218 and 179 has big gap. Feurich 218 was even better than Kawai Gx6. It has amazing sustainabilty and heart touching sound. Also I felt the touchweight like featherweight such as top quality Steinway concert grands. I couldn't stop playing. 179 was also nice but cannot be compared with 218 in every points.

Sounds like you may have found your piano???

T
T
Originally Posted by Joseph Fleetwood
I don't like Paul Barton's Feurich that much either although it's better because it's at least a good design. I will say Paul Barton is a PHENOMENAL player though.

Hi Joseph,

thanks for the comment.
although quite bright sounding, I find Paul Burton playing and its Feurich are nice enough for me to listen to.

can you elaborate why you do not like Paul Barton's Feurich?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission