2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
40 members (Eli26, DaEgg, EPW, Evgeny 85, cozmopak, Almaviva, carlspost, 13 invisible), 424 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Where can i find classical pieces like these?
#3038790 10/24/20 01:52 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi all,

I have been learning Piano and I have almost completed the Alfred Piano level 1, last 2 pieces are remaining. I happened to practice and play pieces like:
1) German dance in C major - Ludwig can beethoven - WoO8, No.1
2) Minuet - Wolfgang amadeus mozart
3) Allegretto - Anton diabelli
4) Watermark - Louise chamberain

But lately due to work pressure i could not attend much of the classes, so have to look for alternative, and now i need to work on my own going forward frown ... Now i want to continue further and looking get on Alfred book level 2 also, but i also want to practice pieces like the above, where can i get such piano pieces for my level of playing please? Not restricting myself here, to learn any other piano pieces.... So please let me know people, i need get on my practice a lot daily here on.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Where can i find classical pieces like these?
sharath kumar #3038806 10/24/20 03:37 AM
B
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
B
This is my go-to volume of piano pieces for students from three months to three years into their lessons:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Easy-Classics-Moderns-Music-Millions/dp/0825640172

It (and its companion volume with blue cover) contains three of the pieces in your list, along with about 150 other pieces in each volume, and I can't recommend them highly enough......not least because they contain only original keyboard/piano pieces by great composers with a great diversity of style.

"I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life."
bennevis #3038809 10/24/20 04:18 AM
E
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by bennevis
This is my go-to volume of piano pieces for students from three months to three years into their lessons:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Easy-Classics-Moderns-Music-Millions/dp/0825640172

It (and its companion volume with blue cover) contains three of the pieces in your list, along with about 150 other pieces in each volume, and I can't recommend them highly enough......not least because they contain only original keyboard/piano pieces by great composers with a great diversity of style.

+1

Following Trying to follow the Ling Ling 40 hour method

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
bennevis #3038812 10/24/20 04:42 AM
T
T
Bennevis, I own a copy of the vol. 17 and its brilliant. I consider buying the copy with blue cover as well but I havent found the complete list of pieces the book contains anywhere, nor did I find a representative playlist on youtube. Is the blue book comparable to the red book when it comes to the pieces selected? Are the pieces in the blue book also as rewarding to play as the ones from the red book?
I also found classics to moderns with intermediate pieces, would you recommend that as well? I will buy eithee the blue cover (should be at the same level as the piece in the red book) or I'll go straight for the intermediate one.. Thanks.

Tom97 #3038817 10/24/20 05:50 AM
B
B
Originally Posted by Tom97
Is the blue book comparable to the red book when it comes to the pieces selected? Are the pieces in the blue book also as rewarding to play as the ones from the red book?
Yes, More Easy Classics to Moderns contains music by the same range of composers, plus a few more obscure ones, and I found them just as enjoyable to play. Obviously, more of the better-known pieces are in the original red book.

I also found classics to moderns with intermediate pieces, would you recommend that as well? I will buy eithee the blue cover (should be at the same level as the piece in the red book) or I'll go straight for the intermediate one.. Thanks.
If you're talking about the books like this in this series:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Classics-Moderns-Book-Piano-Third/dp/1783053704

.....I believe that most of the pieces in Books 1 & 2 (which I haven't seen) were taken from the original Easy Classics to Moderns, and aren't as good value for money, as they each contain only 32 pages (costing £7), whereas the Easy Classics to Moderns books contain 160 pages each (costing £10). But from Book 3 onwards, they include harder pieces (like Chopin and Grieg) which aren't in the original volumes.

So, it depends on what your level is - the book I linked is about Grade 4 ABRSM standard, which is slightly harder than the most difficult pieces in the Easy Classics to Moderns books.

"I don't play accurately - anyone can play accurately - but I play with wonderful expression. As far as the piano is concerned, sentiment is my forte. I keep science for Life."
Tom97 #3038819 10/24/20 06:25 AM
G
G
Tom, here you can see the full list of pieces included in the blue book:
https://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/more-easy-classics-to-moderns-vol-27-sheet-music/3603963

sharath kumar #3038820 10/24/20 06:27 AM
T
T
bennevis: Thank you. Well, I´ll probably include the blue book (vol 27) on my wish list for Christmas grin

By the intermediate one, I meant this one (vol 37): https://www.amazon.com/Classics-Moderns-Intermediate-Grade-Millions/dp/0825640377

It contains 115 pieces but judging by the table of contents and the preview of some of the pieces that this will be much more difficult than vols. 17/27. As you´ve said, there is some Chopin, Grieg etc. so much more difficult... I have no idea what ABRSM level they are (possibly around 5?). I am afraid I am not at this level at all (I´ve been playing for a year and 10 months now) but I´ll definitely go for it in a year or two since its really nice that the pieces are sorted chronologically, are in original form and include fingerings. Combining all three books, the pieces may accompany me for a looong time.

Last edited by Tom97; 10/24/20 06:28 AM.
sharath kumar #3038821 10/24/20 06:36 AM
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Tom
You can look up the grade of pieces at
Pianosyllabus.com

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
Tom97 #3038823 10/24/20 06:46 AM
B
B
Originally Posted by Tom97
bennevis: Thank you. Well, I´ll probably include the blue book (vol 27) on my wish list for Christmas grin

By the intermediate one, I meant this one (vol 37): https://www.amazon.com/Classics-Moderns-Intermediate-Grade-Millions/dp/0825640377
Thanks for bringing this to my attention - looks like a good follow-up book to the Easy Classics to Moderns, though I never used it myself.

It looks like the pieces in it are from Grade 4 ABRSM standard onwards.

The easiest Chopin piece (Op.28/4) and the easiest Grieg piece (Op.12/1) are both Grade 5 ABRSM.

sharath kumar #3038829 10/24/20 07:21 AM
T
T
Greta and dogperson, thank you for sharing these, I am sure it will help me picking new pieces.

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Our October 2020 Free Piano Newsletter is Here!
---------------------
3,000,000+!
------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Dual-sensor vs Triple-sensor Actions
by Almaviva - 11/29/20 12:14 AM
Disklavier parts needed for Yamaha Mark 3 Disklavier
by Dfrankjazz - 11/28/20 10:52 PM
Pandemic a boon for piano stores?
by doremi - 11/28/20 10:37 PM
Yamaha Clavinova cvp209 Fault
by Johnnyretro - 11/28/20 09:45 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,120
Posts3,028,338
Members99,409
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission