2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
49 members (Carey, Dfrankjazz, cagal, Beowulf, accordeur, David B, c++, 36251, 10 invisible), 492 guests, and 466 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Moved and hard to adjust
#3038758 10/23/20 09:29 PM
S
Sebs Online Content OP
OP Online Content
S
I recently moved which led to 10 days off in a row. I havent moved in 8 years, we moved to a bigger place and now I have my piano upstairs in a loft area and I can't get comfortable with the space, such as playing up there just doesn't feel as good as before. My piano used to be crammed in tiny nook in my hallway and I always thought I wanted it in its own room but now Im thinking I need to bring it down to living area. Anyone else picky with this or find it takes time to adjust to new home piano location? Strangely enough, I now think I like it the piano in the common area with the dog and gf distracting me on occasion but I also want to give having its own space a try.

After 10 days off I was only able to focus 15-30min in my last few sessions. Is that common where coming back after a break then it takes time to get back in the groove? Is it like working out? Such as take it easy and slowly get back into it? i think as long as I sit at piano 15min or more a day I'm still winning!

I will add that moving after so long it's quite hard to adjust and when I was playing it sure made my mood improve and stress go away. Really do believe playing music has so many health benefits.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to hearing back.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Moved and hard to adjust
Sebs #3038906 10/24/20 11:46 AM
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Well, at one point I decided I never wanted to move again, so I do think moving can be disorienting.

As to what room to put the piano in - yeah, I think that can make a difference, too, altho my place is so small that I have easy access where ever it is. But on a similar note I remember moving in to one place and I couldn't figure out why I spent all my time in the bedroom instead of the living room. And then I moved my books into the living room smile Home is where the books are.

So I think you're on the right track to rethink the piano space - either moving the piano back in to a "living" space, or moving something else in to the piano space so that it's a natural part of where you spend your time. Sort of my version of feng shui smile

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
jotur #3038952 10/24/20 01:52 PM
S
Sebs Online Content OP
OP Online Content
S
Originally Posted by jotur
Well, at one point I decided I never wanted to move again, so I do think moving can be disorienting.

As to what room to put the piano in - yeah, I think that can make a difference, too, altho my place is so small that I have easy access where ever it is. But on a similar note I remember moving in to one place and I couldn't figure out why I spent all my time in the bedroom instead of the living room. And then I moved my books into the living room smile Home is where the books are.

So I think you're on the right track to rethink the piano space - either moving the piano back in to a "living" space, or moving something else in to the piano space so that it's a natural part of where you spend your time. Sort of my version of feng shui smile

Thanks for tip. That's a good point and come to think of it the area it's in only has computer desk so maybe once I get some decor and furniture up there it'll feel more like a living space. I'm about to be the same stance of deciding never to move again too.

Sebs #3039200 10/25/20 10:48 AM
Z
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Z
Originally Posted by Sebs
After 10 days off I was only able to focus 15-30min in my last few sessions.
Practise for 15-30 minutes. What's common doesn't matter. It's not like working out because it's mental not physical.

Originally Posted by Sebs
i think as long as I sit at piano 15min or more a day I'm still winning!...Really do believe playing music has so many health benefits.
Yes and yes.

When you're enjoying it you spend more time. When you're not you spend less time. But just like you eat, sleep and brush your teeth, you spend a little time each day at the piano. You're a pianist. That's what you do. You don't brush your teeth because you like it.

Richard

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Our October 2020 Free Piano Newsletter is Here!
---------------------
3,000,000+!
------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Disklavier parts needed for Yamaha Mark 3 Disklavier
by Dfrankjazz - 11/28/20 10:52 PM
Pandemic a boon for piano stores?
by doremi - 11/28/20 10:37 PM
Yamaha Clavinova cvp209 Fault
by Johnnyretro - 11/28/20 09:45 PM
DGX-660: A key in a style playing wrong...
by Kruiser_56 - 11/28/20 09:23 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,116
Posts3,028,301
Members99,409
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission