2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
37 members (bwv543, Cominut, Colin Miles, Andre Fadel, BWV846, Animisha, alexcomoda, Calavera, 10 invisible), 1,218 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
FloRi89 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hm, I thought about buying this full price during the summer sale but then decided against it (because still pretty expensive). Did anyone ever buy something off this page? Is this legit? That deal almost seems to good to be true.

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/74-off-true-keys-pianos-bundle-vi-labs/

G
G
Hi, I've already purchased stuff from vstbuzz and never had any problems. Looks like a good offer! (edit, the stuff I've purchased so far were even other grands which were offers at some point)
(further edit, can some people share their experience with these grands? I think they should be pretty good, but just to be sure...)

Last edited by Gamma1734; 10/22/20 07:35 AM.

Kawai E200-ATX3
Mostly VSL's, Garritan, Modern U, Grandeur
F
FloRi89 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by Gamma1734
Hi, I've already purchased stuff from vstbuzz and never had any problems. Looks like a good offer! (edit, the stuff I've purchased so far were even other grands which were offers at some point)
(further edit, can some people share their experience with these grands? I think they should be pretty good, but just to be sure...)

O.K so I bought them, no troubles at all, worked like a charm. You register the key over at VI labs, so it's something official. I also found out that they go on sale for that price once in a while, so it's not a first.

And yes they are supposedly very good, here is a long overview by Simeon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQWKSRqP5Aw. If they are what you need, I don't know but they complement my small "collection" really good laugh. (In only have Pianoteq and the Ravenscroft on iOS, so not really a serious collection).

G
G
I'm impressed with the sound, but playability is more important for me. But I recently bought the Modern U and I'm quite impressed with it, so I hope
they are of similar playability. I think I'll also buy them for that price...

Kawai E200-ATX3
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
vstbuzz is legitimate site.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. (falsely attributed to Plato)
Vlad,
Adult beginner
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Gamma1734
I'm impressed with the sound, but playability is more important for me. But I recently bought the Modern U and I'm quite impressed with it, so I hope
they are of similar playability. I think I'll also buy them for that price...

I am also debating about getting them at this price. That way, I would have the full VI Labs catalog thumb

But this thread is keeping me back:

Previous thread about this bundle

confused

Jose

Yamaha U3H
Kawai VPC1
...plus some other DPs, synths, controllers and VSTs

[Linked Image]
G
G
Thanks for putting that link up. I searched for an old thread but did not succeed. Hm, apparently most of the people are not satisfied, which makes me think now too...

Kawai E200-ATX3
D
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
D
I guess for the USD value, it's similar to the summer sale, especially if you add taxes on to the value, it's almost $99. But the velocity layers is a bit less compared with Ravenscroft, plus it's an earlier product of theirs. I'm actually also waiting for a new Steinway D from them, if they are willing to release one! smile Probably another American D? smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by David Lai
I guess for the USD value, it's similar to the summer sale, especially if you add taxes on to the value, it's almost $99. But the velocity layers is a bit less compared with Ravenscroft, plus it's an earlier product of theirs. I'm actually also waiting for a new Steinway D from them, if they are willing to release one! smile Probably another American D? smile

Yes, they are older than Ravenscroft and Modern U, which I have... but at roughly US$86 for the three... I love to change piano sounds depending on my mood and the song I am playing. So having other options seems interesting.

I have also Pianoteq and several sampled VSTs. It seems there is never enough piano sound palette on my PC! grin

Jose

Yamaha U3H
Kawai VPC1
...plus some other DPs, synths, controllers and VSTs

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I own all the VI Labs pianos and the True Keys bundle is not worth buying. I only play Ravenscroft and Modern U. The other three are just not to par with these two. They all sound fabulous, but just not there when playing. The best of their three in the bundle is the Italian... boy so close to being a great piano.... but ... just no.

If you want to have some fun, sure go ahead and buy them.... but I will bet that over time, you will stop especially if you own either their Ravenscroft and or Modern U.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 10/22/20 11:37 AM.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
I would like to have a Fazioli VST but just not sure how the Italian grand is. Seems like there is no single Fazioli VST that got good reviews

Piano: 1982 NY Steinway Model B, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X
VST(preference in order): VSL Synchron Pianos, Vienna Imperial, Garritan CFX, VI Labs Modern U, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Harpuia
I would like to have a Fazioli VST but just not sure how the Italian grand is. Seems like there is no single Fazioli VST that got good reviews
There are just a handful of Fazioli pianos in the PianoWorld VI database

https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre...no-master-sticky-thread.html#Post2752919

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Don’t buy it if you expect it to behave like a piano.

I purchased the German Grand after hearing some beautiful recordings. But, when I got it, I discovered that it had no sustain, whatsoever. It turns out the samples I had heard were fast paced pieces where its lack of sustain was masked by the quick tempo. It is only good for playing staccato or uptempo pieces. And, VI Labs is aware of the defect.

I question the ethics of a company that would produce such garbage, and then fleece unsuspecting innocents by going to great lengths to mask the product’s defects.

If I ever stoop so low, I hope one of my friends will do me the honor of killing me.

Ralph

Kawai VPC1
Garritan CFX
Pianist since April, 2015

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission