2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
67 members (brennbaer, accordeur, antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, 10 invisible), 1,817 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3037686 10/20/20 09:41 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Does anyone here know if something may have happened to this outfit in Los Angeles? I was ready to schedule a trip there in LA, but the phones have been disconnected, and emails have gone unanswered. Does anyone have any contact with anyone there or have any insight? Thank you!

1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
David Andersen Pianos
Piano store
Temporarily closed

Probably due to COVID in LA. You can try to ping him on eBay or on FB. I hope he is OK.

Last edited by VladK; 10/20/20 11:23 AM.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. (falsely attributed to Plato)
Vlad,
Adult beginner
Platinum Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Platinum Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I do speak to David regularly. I have not been in touch in a few weeks, but when I last spoke with him he seemed ok.

Later this morning (it is 4 am in LA) I will call his cell and see. Thank you for posting this westexdent.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Company
Visit one of our four locations
(215) 991-0834 direct
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Learn more about the Matchless Cunningham
W
OP Offline
W
Thank you so much!!

C
C
David sent out this email back in August. I am praying all is well with him.

August 18, 2020

To my beloved clients...

Wow. Time flies. It's been five months, with a couple of singular exceptions, since David Andersen Pianos has been open for tuning and service. Even though Los Angeles is in a Coronavirus surge, so many of our clients have called to see if we can come and make love to their beautiful pianos that we decided if all of you who want your pianos worked on can abide by our strict Covid guidelines, which means wearing a mask, staying at least 10 feet apart, and handling the payment either online, or with a check that's written and left at a place that's at least 10 feet away, so we can be completely safe, we'll be happy to come and see you.

Both Nick and I are Covid-free, and have worked it out so that we are tested often. For me, it's very difficult to go work now, because I'm in mortal danger if I get the virus, because of my compromised immune condition due to rheumatoid arthritis. Another massive medical challenge I have right now is that I was diagnosed six weeks ago with advanced Hodgkin's lymphoma... before you freak out, let me tell you that this is, if there is such a thing, the jackpot of cancers. All the other advanced cancers that I could've had have survival rates in the 20 to 25% Range; Hodgkin's lymphoma, miraculously, is in the 90 to 96% range... So when my oncologist says I won the jackpot of cancers, he's telling the truth. I expect a full recovery and full remission in 3 to 6 months.

Nick Morello, my partner, is an incredibly gifted piano tuner and piano technician, who has basically "become me" in terms of his ability to produce the best quality work. He took a full two-year course from the best piano technology school in North America, and then has been working directly with me, and mentored by me, for the last nine years.

Please respond to this, if you want us to come, via text to me, at this number: 310-403-4559.

I will text you back to set up an appointment and a day within 24 hours. I am so excited to be back in relationship with you all; I really truly missed seeing you and missed piano work, I absolutely do love it, and looking forward to the day when I can look in your eyes and smile, and work on your pianos.

Please, stay safe, be well... Be grateful and happy to be alive... and I will speak with you soon.

Best,
David
310-403-4559
David@davidandersenpianos.com

Platinum Supporter until December 31, 2022
9000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until December 31, 2022
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Compañero
David sent out this email back in August. I am praying all is well with him.

Thanks for sharing.
David has certainly had more than his fair share of medical concerns.
I hope he's well.

Search US techs by Zip Code
“If it sounds good, it IS good.” ― Duke Ellington!

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission