2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, bcalvanese, 6 invisible), 1,908 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
OP Offline
A
Newly recorded 'Scenes from Childhood':

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA81T0uD5vudP5ClAeN475t4IoaYsorZL[/video]

alex-plays.org :: Bechstein A190 :: Kawai MP11SE :: Pianoteq 6.5
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Be more careful with your rhythm in No. 3.

S
5000 Post Club Member
Online Content
5000 Post Club Member
S
Overall it is well played, you have a good control of the instrument, there are also things to improve. You need to play this in a more subtle way. At times like number 1 it is too brutal and you need to work out the right hand to be smoother and more equal. You tend to put too much emphasis on your left hand like in number 6 so the texture is a bit thick and over aggressive. Traumerei is well played though i think most people play it too slowly, at times you tend to push the keys too strongly with your left hand.

On the more complex pieces like 13, you still have some work to do on the melodic conduct. You have the notes but it is disconnected, there are places where you speed up with no reason so it breaks the line. In these more complex pieces precise tone control, articulation and timing are essential to give life to a story and an emotion.

Blüthner model 6
W
WTM Offline
W
Hey, overall this is really impressive, well done.

I have some advice for the first piece.

Treat this piece as 2 voices in harmony, and an accompaniment. There is a treble voice and a bass voice, and the middle is a ripple for rhythmic texture. Your treble voice is clear but I think you miss the harmony that can be emphasised with the bass voice.

For example, listen to the way he plays the first section, and then listen to the way he plays the repeat, he really emphasises the harmony from the bass voice. I personally think he over-emphasises it, but you get what I mean?

The second section, I thought you neglected dynamics with the chords in the right hand. Listen to what Horowitz does with the chords around 1:10. And again he makes a lot of the bass melody here.

You're very talented for your age, and you'll go far if you keep it up. I hope you enjoy these tips smile. And I hope I don't come across as overly critical, really it's quite an achievement to play all of these at your age. Well done.

Last edited by WTM; 05/22/20 10:07 AM.

Bechstein A114
Enjoying piano since May 2018
My Youtube
W
W
I agree that Alex is talented for his age and has a good amount of musical instinct that is frankly not easy to develop. Whereas many young talents go for flashier pieces to show off fingers, Alex's choice of repertoire perhaps reveals a more sensitive, poetic side to his instincts. I could definitely discern the musical intent in his playing, even if there's always room for improvement. Now the task ahead is to develop technique and touch to a level that allows him to communicate his intent more effectively.
Well done!

Sauter Delta 185, Bosendorfer 225, Ibach F III 215

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks everyone - The feedback is appreciated and very gratefully received :-)

alex-plays.org :: Bechstein A190 :: Kawai MP11SE :: Pianoteq 6.5

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission