2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Advanced Piano Tricks
Advanced Piano Tricks
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
77 members (Beemer, Animisha, accordeur, ando, Alex Hutor, Andrew E., An Old Square, 20 invisible), 630 guests, and 398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 71 of 170 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 169 170
P
P
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Parkher, please don't take this the wrong way, but... which is more important to you? The piano or the computer (the "AiO")?

x

Actually, I now tried moving the piano 12 inches (30.5 cm) away from the wall. I am not sure if I noticed any difference compared to 20 cm from the wall.
Switching between wal1, wal2, and off is noticeable. If changing the distance from the wall could be done instantly, perhaps I would notice it too.
But at 20 cm from the wall my AiO is hanging as low as it possibly can - barely above the open lid. Besides, more space in the room too.
And I use headphones most of the time. So, I think I am happy as it is now. Somehow it does not sound as boxy as I remember it sounding when it was 18.5 cm from the wall smile

Last edited by Parkher; 10/16/20 02:43 AM.
K
K
Hi Guy's,
Has anyone had issues with the remote App on 79/99 using Samsung tablet? - Simple reason for asking is that I have a chance to purchase cheap a new one and don't want a load of hassle, it all works fine one my iPhone but I would like to .pdf music to the stand etc. Thanks in advance :0

P
P
Two days ago I tried to buy a Samsung tablet on amazon. After I was not able to get iPad Pro for many months. Unfortunately, I was not quick enough. Now I am told to wait 1-2 months. When I get it, I will test the remote app.
So there is really no difference between android and iOS tablets - they all are unavailable.
However, it works on my 7.2" android 10 phone Huawei Mate 20 X 5G

Last edited by Parkher; 10/17/20 11:36 AM.
D
D
On My Ca99 the Last white high C note was making a tapping noise when the key returns back up,so I contacted Kawai through my dealer and they sent out an engineer to do a repair. When he stripped down the piano he found a part was missing on the key so he fitted the part,he then screwed all the panels back together on the piano and said it’s fixed now and I need to be on my way.
The key is not making the noise now but I noticed when the key returns it is about 2mm higher than all other keys and up against the felt at the back it is very noticeable and I don’t like it . I told the Kawai engineer I’m not happy about that and he said it will settle back down in a couple of weeks.
I think he was in such a rush to get away he couldn’t be bothered to Unscrew all the panels and reset it In its correct position and just flogged me off by saying it will go back to normal height in a couple of weeks.

Kawai CA99PE,True keys American,Ivory Grand pianos, Pianoteq 6.0 and Ravenscroft
P
P
daz100,
Good thing, perhaps you saw what he was doing and now you are qualified to disassemble and fix the thing yourself.
Are there any warranty stickers or seals to deal with?

Last edited by Parkher; 10/17/20 05:21 PM.
J
J
As promised, my CA79 was delivered yesterday, on the driveway outside my home. The box had a hole in it, which caused my heart to flutter. But upon opening, nothing inside was damaged. I unpacked and carried in the small pieces, then later my son helped me carry in the main keyboard unit. That baby is heavy!

Next step was assembly. The base went together quite well and quickly. Directions maybe a little worse than IKEA. Not hard for me, but if you’re challenged by that kind of thing, you’re going to want help. Then my son helped me set the keyboard in place. A little tricky there. The first time we put it in, I think it was at a slight angle on the left side, but didn’t notice. Put in the right side screws, then couldn’t get the left side into alignment. So took the screws out and re set the keyboard. This time it clicked into place, and the screws went right in.

The supplied bench is sturdy, and held together by four stout bolts. It is not adjustable for height, which had worried me, because I really need to pay close attention to ergonomics, due to the situation with my hands. Fortunately, the height is actually pretty good for me, so I may not have to spring for an adjustable one.

The moment of truth: Connect the pedal cable, plug into AC, and apply power. It boots! Press a key. It works! It was late, so that was it. The anxiety that had built up over buying something so expensive sight unseen dissipated.

Today I downloaded and installed the software upgrades. It’s odd that the manual has the physical assembly instructions, but not the software update processes. I had already been alerted here that the two processes use the two different USB ports, so that went quickly and without incident.

During those processes, I experimented with the screen. I had seen complaints here about the user interface, and frankly I think they are overblown. The UI may not be quite as polished as say a really good iPhone app, but really, it’s fine, more than fine. I had also seen complaints about the responsiveness of the screen itself, and same comment. It’s not an iPhone, but it’s more than just okay.

I played a little on each of the built-in piano sounds to get a feel for them, and I actually preferred the EX to the SK-EX, at least so far. The SK-EX has a rumbly kind of resonance, where the EX is a clearer, purer tonality, which to my ears is preferable. Chaque a son gout.

I played each and every key and noted no discrepancies from low to high. The feel of the keyboard as reported here and elsewhere was a big part of my decision to go with this unit. And I was not disappointed. It’s usable as-is. I hadn’t had my hands on a keyboard in six months or more, but I was able to get right back in the groove, with no negative effects on my beat-up hands.

Tomorrow, I’ll want to experiment with the touch sensitivity and see if it makes any difference for me. And then figure out how to save settings so it comes back up with my preferred settings. And that will probability be it, at least for awhile.

I don’t feel any pressing need to go customizing everything. I bought this thing to play music and increases my skill. Maybe after becoming intimately familiar with it, then I’ll want to tweak some of the sound settings. Right now I am so happy that this thing feels and sounds so good with the default settings, and that I have experienced none of the problems reported here. The CA79 is a beautiful piece of technology that brings an amazing capability for a fraction of the cost of a “real” grand piano, which I have neither space nor budget for. The world is a messy place right now; this device provides a little refuge of sanity and beauty. If you’re like me - not a pro, but an amateur with a little talent - you won’t be disappointed.

I hope this helps others who may be trying to make a decision.

D
D
Image of my Ca99 top key sticking up.Will this drop down and correct itself over a couple of weeks or does the engineer need to return to fix it?

[img]http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/galleries/3036697/c-note-raised.html[/img]

Kawai CA99PE,True keys American,Ivory Grand pianos, Pianoteq 6.0 and Ravenscroft
K
K
Originally Posted by Parkher
Two days ago I tried to buy a Samsung tablet on amazon. After I was not able to get iPad Pro for many months. Unfortunately, I was not quick enough. Now I am told to wait 1-2 months. When I get it, I will test the remote app.
So there is really no difference between android and iOS tablets - they all are unavailable.
However, it works on my 7.2" android 10 phone Huawei Mate 20 X 5G

Thx Mr Parkher, I think where I am they are available, but as intimated this particular one if available to me personally. I have very limited other reasons/excuses for owning such a device. Might just take a stab with it. If it does not do well I know I can sell it on to you he he smile

O
O
Tah a7 2020 10.4" it's a nice budget tablet, worth it

M
M
Jeff H; Congrats and hopefully You will love Your new CA79 as much as I love mine.

M
M
Daz100,

It’s definitely higher.

I assume you gave it at least a few dozen firm taps to settle it. If that didn’t work my guess would be it’s going to remain high relative to the others, but that’s an uneducated guess, just a common sense guess. Seems to me if that key would drop over time, all the others would do the same.

Obviously that high key isn’t a show stopper, but I understand why you’d want it right. It’s a very expensive DP...Thousands of dollars.

I’d guess the tech just wanted to call it day, but again, that’s just a guess.

Muskie

S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by daz100
Image of my Ca99 top key sticking up.Will this drop down and correct itself over a couple of weeks or does the engineer need to return to fix it?

[img]http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/galleries/3036697/c-note-raised.html[/img]
As muskie suggests, you could try some modest force to see if it settles, unless there is clear signs of interference. But, I personally would not be happy with that, or the service provided.

K
K
Originally Posted by Otavio
Tah a7 2020 10.4" it's a nice budget tablet, worth it

Thx for the heads up matey it is the very same Tab smile

D
D
Ive tried a bit of force but nothing I do changes the keys position.Ive uploaded another image that shows when the last 3 keys are pressed down how much the last key bottoms higher than the neighbouring keys.
Ive only had this new Ca99 piano just over a month and had to have a Kawai technician come out to fix a noisey key and find a missing part that was not fitted when manufactured to then be repaired with the new part and leave me with i think a bigger problem. I am not happy with Kawai is an under statement especially when the repairer for Kawai tells me that the key will settle in a couple of weeks time.

Please see the link below

http://forum.pianoworld.com//gallery/42/full/13780.jpeg

D
D
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello th3impal3f, welcome to the forum.

I've just responded to your PM, but will happily provide a beta software update that should reduce the hissing noise that you are experiencing.

Regarding the clicking keys, this may resolve itself after a few days. However, if not, please contact the dealer for assistance.

Kind regards,
James
x

Hi James,

Could you PM me the beta as well?

Thanks

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hello Dan,

Originally Posted by DanLowry
Could you PM me the beta as well?

May I ask you to send me a PM explaining which piano you're using, the serial number, and the reason for wishing to test the beta version, please?

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
P
P
Oho, serial number. So perhaps there are different hardware revisions and this beta attempts to correct hardware issues.

Originally Posted by Parkher
Oho, serial number. So perhaps there are different hardware revisions and this beta attempts to correct hardware issues.

No, I just wanted to verify the instrument's destination region.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
G
G
Did anyone try to connect a desktop (I have an HP on Windows 10) in Bluetooh MIDI to a CA79 (or CA99)?
I have a CA79 and my comuter (in another room) discovers the piano as CA99 (no pb here :-)) but then it cannot connect to it...the pairing 'clock' turns forever.
All I want is to record on the desktop the MIDI from the piano and then work the file in a VST. Don't want to use a cable and my laptop is not good enough to run the VST.
Bluetooth pairs well (both MIDI and Audio) with an Iphone or Ipad so I am trying to understand if this a piano issue or my desktop (driver?) has a problem.
Thank you.

P
P
Hm, my desktop does not have bluetooth, but I have windows 10 HP AiO with bluetooth 2 cm from CA99, I guess I could try. Thank you for the suggestion.
Do I need to do it from a DAW?
I'm trying to decide which DAW to put into AiO.

Last edited by Parkher; 10/23/20 06:26 AM.
Page 71 of 170 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 169 170

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!

Free Piano Lovers Newsletter is out now!
Piano News 2021 - 2022!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pratt Reed Grand Piano Action
by Rburt53 - 01/18/22 07:41 AM
Happy birthday, Sam!
by jotur - 01/18/22 06:11 AM
Book Recommendations
by Qazsedcft - 01/18/22 03:53 AM
Novus 5 no "fading effect" after release
by Usheraname - 01/18/22 02:38 AM
Digital pianos - starting time
by JosefPirkl - 01/18/22 01:30 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics211,202
Posts3,161,733
Members104,057
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission