2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
38 members (chopinetto, crooow, anotherscott, Beowulf, clothearednincompo, Colin Miles, Damyan, 13 invisible), 479 guests, and 481 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Rare Gems Themed Recital - Discussion Thread
#3035743 10/15/20 05:19 AM
Sam S Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Welcome to the general discussion thread for the Rare Gems Recital.

Please use this thread for any discussion of the pieces. Feel free to comment on any or all individual pieces. Some members offer comments on each submission individually; others offer general congratulations. Either approach is appropriate. Feel free to offer more specific, technical feedback if the participant had indicated that technical feedback was welcome.

For those who wish to comment on all pieces, a copy and paste template for offering feedback can be found here:
Rare Gems Recital Response Template

Please use this thread only to discuss recital performances. If you have any comments or suggestions about ways to make the recital process better, please start a separate thread.

Enjoy the recital!

Sam

Last edited by Sam S; 10/15/20 05:28 AM.
Re: Rare Gems Themed Recital - Discussion Thread
Sam S #3035844 10/15/20 08:58 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hey, I have the chance to be the first commentator in this highly interesting recital. I just picked here and there.

01 Animisha – Gondolieri (Ethelbert Nevin) I like this calm Barcarolle very much. I think it is the first time I come across a Venetian gondola song in F major, most of those pieces are in G minor, I wonder why…

03 RuthCM – Hommage to Prof Baynov (Woosung Kang) What a nice idea to compose a piano piece as an homage to one’s favourite professor! You are an excellent pianist and I can hear from your recording that you really like this piece. How about sending your recording to the Korean composer to show somebody in this world is really playing this piece?

13 JasonLenthe – In Mixolydian Mode (Bartok) 5/4 time… Like in “Take Five” by Dave Brubeck. Well, I find the Mixolydian melody (G major with an f instead of f#) more interesting than the odd time signature.

16/17 Tim Adrianson – En vacances (Déodat de Séverac) Fantastic music, indeed! I would call this set of pieces an impressionistic reminiscence of Schumann.

21 PianoGrlNW - Forgotten Dreams (Leroy Anderson) This is my kind of music, very romantic and relaxing and very well played.

24/25 Ganddalf – All through the night/The wild hills of Clare (Cyril Scott) Very interesting and with very warm and pleasing chords, but I suppose one must be of British origin to recognize the underlying melodies.

26 Beemer - Forgotten Dreams (Leroy Anderson) Yes, this is definitely my kind of music. I like the sound of your Blüthner.

32 Lanky Pianist - Sonatina in F (Ignaz Pleyel) A happy and nice tune that reminded me of Clementi. Very well played for someone who only had one year of piano lessons.

38 jamiecw – Ariette Op. 12 No.1 (Grieg) This is truly a gem – like many of Grieg’s Lyric Pieces. He wrote 66 of them, I think, especially the later ones are less often performed.

39 Grete99 – Los tres golpes (Ignazio Cervantes) I like this Cuban tune with its tango-like phrasings very much. Just out of curiosity, which three beats does the piece refer to (“los tres golpes” means “the 3 beats”)? Is it just the 3 chords at 0:48 or is there any special story behind the title of this piece?

44 initK – The Moment (N. Sheyko) I have never heard of N. Sheyko nor of this piece, so it must be rare. Truly romantic in D minor, calm and contemplative, and perfectly played. The composer’s name sounds Japanese… The sound quality of your recording is quite good taking into account that you recorded with your cell phone.

47 schinl – Etude on “The Man I Love” (Earl Wild) Having played Gershwin’s own piano transcription of “The Man I Love”, this etude is a lucky find for me. Gorgeous! So many fantastic ornaments…

49 SamS – Minuet D.600 (Schubert) How very interesting! I would not call this a minuet, either. Especially the tempo is not really minuet-like, it would fit a Sarabande, rather, speaking in terms of Baroque music. Well, Schubert was a composer of the early and emerging Romantic era. Maybe he would have changed the title of the piece later, but it seems he had forgotten it existed…

Sam S #3035874 10/15/20 10:10 AM
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
01. Animisha - Gondolieri
I loved this gentle music which to me sounds like a lullaby. Beautifully played but I'm wondering if the wrong file was uploaded. The video shows a complete performance but the audio has restarts at 25s and 45 sec.

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Sam S #3035877 10/15/20 10:15 AM
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
02. PikaPianist - Romance Without Words Op.3 No.1
Lush sound played so well much beyond my ability. Interesting about how Filtsch was praised by Chopin and brought to my mind how Chopin was influenced by John Field.

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Sam S #3035879 10/15/20 10:18 AM
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
03. Ruth CM - Homage to Professor Baynov
How appropriate to play this lovely music and so well. It is indeed a 'Rare Gem'

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Sam S #3035884 10/15/20 10:24 AM
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
04. pianist685 (Constantin) - Preludio en la noche
What a picture this music brought to my mind. All the way through it was taking me on a musical journey. Quite exotic and exquisitely played. (Constantin, as you said I'll keep the splash smile )

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Sam S #3035887 10/15/20 10:30 AM
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
05. pianist685 (Constantin) - Song to Elitha
This would be such great music for a film theme. Your own embellishments and trills are a perfect addition. Great slow waltz.

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Sam S #3035896 10/15/20 10:48 AM
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
09. Tim Adrianson - Serenade
Very evocative music with a hint here and there if I'm not mistaken of the Star-Spangled Banner? Nicely played!

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Sam S #3035907 10/15/20 11:03 AM
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
11. Tim Adrianson - Jeunes Filles au Jardin
What a gem! A can visualise them prancing in the garden. You brought them to life!

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Sam S #3035911 10/15/20 11:09 AM
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
12. Tim Adrianson - Cancion y Danza #7
Yet more music to broaden my experience. Each time this happens I am grateful for the post. This was one of them, quite delightful and well played.

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Sam S #3035923 10/15/20 11:30 AM
S
S
01. Animisha - Gondolieri
So pretty and evocative. Wish we could hear a full version without the restarting.

02. PikaPianist - Romance Without Words Op.3 No.1
Beautiful piece, made even more interesting reading your research into it. What a shame he passed so early. You played it so sensitively.

03. Ruth CM - Homage to Professor Baynov
I wonder if you would get in touch with the composer? I bet he'd love that someone made a recording of his lovely piece.

04. pianist685 (Constantin) - Preludio en la noche
Oh so lush and dreamy. Your piano recording set up sounds amazing, though I absolutely do not understand the method.

05. pianist685 (Constantin) - Song to Elitha
Gorgeous. I wish I knew how to transcribe. So many jazz piano pieces I'd love to try.

06. pianist685 (Constantin) - Romance S.169
I always hated left hand arpeggios and my teacher cunningly got me to fall in love with this piece for a recital last year. It helped though. Amazing job on that little right hand trill/turn.. I could never figure it out.

07. pianist685 (Constantin) - Largo Desperado
Very cool. I can totally picture a tense Mexican standoff with lots of flashbacks. Sounds like it ended in tragedy though.

08. Tim Adrianson - Rondel (for a young girl)
You played it so sensitively. Such a lovely piece.

[b]09. Tim Adrianson - Serenade

Very pretty.

10. Tim Adrianson - Nocturne #7
Quite interesting for a Nocturne! I'd call it jazzy...

schinl #3035930 10/15/20 11:40 AM
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
Bronze Subscriber
2000 Post Club Member
You can hear the full version if you go to the YouTube link she provided
Ian

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
Sam S #3035931 10/15/20 11:45 AM
S
S
11. Tim Adrianson - Jeunes Filles au Jardin
I wonder if he's part of the French Six. This piece is so fun.

12. Tim Adrianson - Cancion y Danza #7
Love this one too!

13. Jason Lenthe - In Mixolydian Mode
It's a bit of a brainteaser isn't it. You made it flow effortlessly.

14. Melchiorblade7 - Prelude No. 7
Your description fits the piece perfectly.

15. Melchiorblade7 - Travel Agency
Always love the music from Final Fantasy. Love this one.

schinl #3036160 10/16/20 03:15 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by schinl
06. pianist685 (Constantin) - Romance S.169
[...]Amazing job on that little right hand trill/turn.. I could never figure it out.
I suppose you are referring to the grace notes in measures 42 and 50. Well, if you listen closely you will find that I "failed" both times and did not get the following lower octave notes sounding properly. The higher melody notes are there, though...

Originally Posted by schinl
07. pianist685 (Constantin) - Largo Desperado
Sounds like it ended in tragedy though.
Oh, the ending is quite open. A tragedy might be the outcome but my music does not tell. There is this marching pattern at the end that concludes on the dominant with a final repetition of the triplet motif as an open question like "How will it end?" The rest is left to the listener.

Sam S #3036169 10/16/20 04:06 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
02 PikaPianist – Romance Without Words (Carl Filtsch) Wow! I am speechless. IMO this is the best interpretation in this recital. You have studied the material in depth and created a unique version of yours. Fantastic! And the piece fits the theme of a “rare gem” in a perfect manner. It is hard to believe this piece full of emotion was written by a 13 year old boy who will most likely not yet have had any romance in his life. We only get a very small impression what could have been if he had lived longer. His music seems to be so obscure that there is nothing of it on the IMSLP. He does not even feature in the IMSLP list of composers. What a shame!

08 Tim Adrianson – Rondel for a young girl (Leo Smit) A high quality composition, indeed, and perfectly played – as usual. Still, I find the piece too sad for a young girl – or maybe the composer was sad because he was old and the young girl was out of his reach… I am not that fond of stories about people realizing their life is over and ending up in sheer sadness.

09 Tim Adrianson – Serenade (Danielpour) Very gentle and very well interpreted, but… Sorry to say, this sounds so sad, again. Not the style I would like to play. I wonder if the composition is really meant that way. A serenade is a piece to be played in the evening as some entertainment or for a lady. Your rendition sounds just sad…

12 Tim Adrianson – Canción y Danza (Mompou) I do apologize, I clicked this away after half a minute because it is this very sad genre, again.

14 Melchiorblade7 – Prelude #7 (Freitas Branco) This is a very interesting composition with impressionistic warm chords by a supposedly Brazilian composer (?) The piece reminded me a bit of Debussy who used such chords and harmonies as well, e.g. in “Clair de Lune”.

15 Melchiorblade7 – Travel Agency (Hamauzu) So you are into impressionistic pieces? This one is definitely beyond Debussy. Yes, there is a lot of good music to be found in video games. But I wonder if the travel agency is still open with all those travel restrictions because of the corona virus...

22 Jordan Nylander – The Spruce (Sibelius) Ah, yes, I remember Sibelius wrote a set of pieces about the various trees in his home country. Very beautiful, and you are a fine pianist!

29 Beemer – Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered (Stan Getz) I read on Wikipedia Stan Getz was a saxophone player who strongly influenced Cool Jazz. Interesting to hear this contemplative piece that has no elements of cool jazz at all.

Pianist685 #3036209 10/16/20 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Pianist685
44 initK – The Moment (N. Sheyko) I have never heard of N. Sheyko nor of this piece, so it must be rare. Truly romantic in D minor, calm and contemplative, and perfectly played. The composer’s name sounds Japanese… The sound quality of your recording is quite good taking into account that you recorded with your cell phone.

Thank you for you kind words. I feel I stretched the piece a bit, but I was just trying to keep concentration while my 4 months old puppy was trying to get to my toes. smile The composer is actually Ukrainian - Nikolay Sheyko, but Internet doesn't know anything about him. He lived in last century and was first taught by his mother and then finished musical college. He worked as school concertmaster and vocal teacher. He wrote bunch of patriotic songs and few instrumental pieces (and even one ballet!), couple of his piano compositions were included in Russian children's music school repertoire for 5-6 grades. I find them lovely and very much in Tchaikovsky's style and spirit.

Sam S #3036286 10/16/20 11:45 AM
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Hi, folks! I decided to go from back to front this time in providing commentary -- and so here are my observations from 34 to 50:

Kevin1116 -- Wow, was that professional! I'm delighted that you provided a Kapustin piece. Although he is now known pretty well within the concert pianist world, he may well be more generally not known at all. Personally, I find it extraordinary that a guy from Russia is able to channel American jazz idioms with such sophistication. And I thought your rendition was just outstanding in so many ways -- I'll give a special shout-out to your being able to compartmentalize the various sections of the Sonata/Fantasy so clearly (at least to my ear). Bravo, and thanks for sharing!

Tyger -- The simpler Clementi Sonatas are so well-known that many don't realize he wrote more difficult ones, both from a virtuosic and a musical perspective. In this F# minor Sonata, the 1st movement seemed very Scarlattian in gesture -- in fact, if I wasn't told who the composer was when listening, I probably would have said Scarlatti. I thought your rendition was very effectively presented throughout. In the 2nd Movement, I heard more of an operatic quality in the writing that I don't hear in your rendition, although you may well be right in "restricting" it to keyboard gestures. The 3rd movement was very exciting, but I would personally dial down the speed slightly to achieve a slightly lighter, more crisp and precise texture to the proceedings. Overall, though, great to listen to!

jamiecw -- A very musical, thoroughly satisfying rendition of the early Grieg Arietta. You certainly demonstrated that it is indeed a "little gem"!

Greta99 -- Thanks for hauling out some Spanish (Cuban) rarities. Your musical sense is very sophisticated, and our technique impeccable for this music. The Cervantes dance rhythms were spot on and delicious, as
was the three-beat surprise at the end of the piece. You projected the elegant harmonies of the Carbajo Waltzes so that they seemed inevitable. The Gribojedow Waltz was straightforwardly and charmingly presented, as the Fanny Mendelssohn Melodie. A most enjoyable mini-recital!

RichD -- I agree that this Scriabin Prelude is generally taken faster; with your rendition, though, I don't I want more speed so much as I want a more decisive singing line -- one that takes you from the beginning to the end, in a passionate outburst. Having said that, your performance is quite effective on its own terms; I enjoyed it a lot!

initK -- I've heard many contemporary (20th century) Ukranian piano pieces which seem to have a common feature of Late-Romantic gestures with a sprinkling of Jazz chords. Certainly this was the case with Sheyko's "The Moment". Given that, I believe I'd provide a slightly more improvisatory "feel" to the piece than you provided. But still -- very solid, very effective.

rwsavory -- For me, the Valenti theme-and-variations piece was very similar in feel to the English Renaissance music, very much informed by the vigorous rhythms and harmonies of a lute. For the most part you captured that quality; I'd just like to hear a little more "lute-ness" and less "keyboard-ness".

selfishplayer -- In spite of your own judgment, there are some quite good things in this performance of Malinowski's transcription of the G Minor Fugue. You had the courage not to bury the various lines and dynamic contrasts with excess damper pedal, and that's important. What I would do first and foremost is set ONE tempo at the outset that you can honor from beginning to end: your introduction of the fugal subject is far too fast for the material that follows. My second recommendation is to mark the subject as it proceeds through the various voices, so that you can project it properly over the other lines. Definitely a "work in progress", but it's doable.

schinl -- Ah, yes -- the swirls and perfumes of Earl Wild in his transcriptions of George Gershwin Standards! Judging from I heard, I would use somewhat less damper pedal -- I believe the elegant curlicues would be heard with more clarity. Easier said than done, though, as you're well aware!

winterflower -- Overall, a very effective, satisfying,projection of Schubert's Hungarian Melody. I would recommend turning up the gain on the recording unit, however -- it was difficult for me to hear irt properly.

SamS -- I agree -- in the Schubert, any resemblance between it and a minuet was purely coincidental. What it did remind me of was an organ setting of a hymn; i.e., nothing we normally associate with Schubert's mature music. And so, it does come across as a piece of juvenilia -- although with Schubert, very well crafted at 16 years of age. I thought the Rag quality was very well presented indeed in the Bolcom piece -- it is his best known Rag, and deservedly so. The G flat "B" section needs more work, but I've played that piece myself, and know how treacherous the harmonic thickets are in that section! Wonderful writing, though, and very well presented.

Thanks for all you do in providing these e-Citals -- I for one am very appreciative of your efforts!

More to follow.

Sam S #3036356 10/16/20 02:32 PM
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
27. Beemer - Isle of Innisfree
I don't usually comment because I don't participate, but when I saw this coming up I couldn't resist listening. I was not disappointed!
Thank-you. It's a song I know from childhood and I really loved your rendition. So much appreciated.

regards
Pete
Sam S #3036538 10/17/20 08:00 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
27 Beemer – The Isle of Innisfree (Dick Farelly) This is one of the most beautiful tunes in this recital! It seems familiar to me though I cannot recall where and when I have heard it. The melody kept haunting me the whole day. John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara were such great actors, and that movie was in fact filmed in Ireland where the plot takes place.

28 Beemer – Early Autumn (Burns/Herman) Being a clarinettist myself, I have always liked Woody Herman, especially in his early recordings. I have never heard of this song of his, though, so it must be “rare” and it definitely is a gem with those very romantic, jazzy modulations. The name of the piece fits the season.

30 dumka1 – Separation (Glinka) No, this piece is not too sentimental at all. It is a wonderful piece of programme music and truly a gem as such. It is a shame we only think of Tchaikovsky when it comes to playing Russian classical music…

31 Kepijapa – Confidencias (Nazareth) Oh, I love this slow South American waltz. Pieces on the boarder between classical and light music are quite the style I particularly like. You are a very good pianist and your rendition is perfect. Welcome to the recitals! Please do submit more, maybe in the next regular recital in November. Yes, the discussions in most of the forums are not really fruitful or pleasant, and furthermore, people keep discussing the same things over and over again without ever coming to a conclusion.

34 Kevin1116 – Sonata #1 1st mvmt (Kapustin) Now, there you have chosen a hard piece – but you can obviously do it. I am very impressed. You sound like a professional pianist.

35-37 Tyger – Clementi Sonata You are proving that Clementi was able to compose advanced music of high quality that is so much better than the sonatinas I had to play when I was a young boy. Thanks.

42 Greta99 – Melodie (Fanny Mendelsson) What a nice and pleasant little tune. Though I like it very much, I think it does not do Fanny Mendelsson’s genius as a virtuoso any justice…

43 RichD – Scriabin Prelude Rather beautiful! I have not heard any recording of this prelude before, but just from your rendition I would say you have found the proper tempo. Yes, there are many examples where there is a lot of confusion about the appropriate tempo of a specific piece. Even if the score used bears a tempo marking, it might not come from the autograph and was probably just added later by some editor…

45 rwsavory – Lo Ballo dell’Intorcia (Antonio Valenti) Thanks for this beautiful piece of “ancient” harpsichord music (played on a piano). I do love this ”archaic” style.

48 winterflower – Ungarische Melodie (Schubert) Very sweet and pleasing, indeed, and a true gem. So Schubert wrote Hungarian tunes a lot earlier than Brahms… You know perhaps, Audacity allows you to reduce the background noise in an easy manner. Select some seconds of the background noise, open “noise reduction”, click “determine noise profile” and choose by how many dB you want to reduce it.

Sam S #3036710 10/17/20 02:41 PM
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Hi, folks! The second batch of comments:

PianogrlNW (Ellen) -- Prior to this recital, I had never heard "Forgotten Dreams" -- unlike a lot of other Leroy Anderson uptempo numbers, all of which seemed to have gotten tons of airplay. Well, he had a gift for catchy melodies and rhythms, and knew how to orchestrate "Classical Pops" to maximum effect. As usual, your rendition was spot-on, evoking just the right sense of warm nostalgia.

JordanNylander -- I have to confess, the Sibelius piece was the biggest surprise of this recital. In general, I got the sense of a 20th century French chanson -- smoky, passionate, darkly complex. The Spruce has a romntic side, indeed! The Bowman Emerald certainly had to compete for attention, didn't she? It was a very effective piece, with some surprising changes in the development section -- but very pleasantly so.

Ganddalf -- I remember only a couple of Cyril Scott pieces -- solo piano, loaded with lush chords requiring large hands to negotiate properly. The two you presented here were what I would call "Soft Jazz" -- they both uncannily sounded like George Shearing, the blind Jazz pianist who in fact specialized in reharmonizations of familiar melodies as part of his repertoire. Fortunately you have what I call "soft hands", very much like Shearing, and so the sense of style was IMO spot-on.

Beemer -- Nice to hear a few American Songbook Standards played in the original arrangements, and an especially pleasing piano sound. What are the chances of picking the same pieces as another, out of the slew of possibilities? I had not previously heard "The Isle of Innisfree" and have never seen "The Quiet Man", although it is regarded as one of the classics from the 1940s. The song itself struck me as in the genre of sentimental Irish songs, like "Sweet Rosie O'Grady" or "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling". "Early Autumn" was a also a new one for me; I suspect it was written as a contrasting piece to the hard-driving Woody Herman big-band sound. Finally, "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered" is a Rodgers and Hart piece from their musical "Pal Joey". Stan Getz I'm sure provided a great saxophone cover in the 1960s, but Richard Rodgers composed it.

dumka1 -- Mikhail Glinka is generally regarded as the earliest significant figure in Russian Romantic music, and pieces like "Separation" demonstrate why. There is a passionate, yearning quality that is buttressed by a great sense of craft. That aspect comes through very effectively in your rendition.

Kepijapa -- This was for me one of the highlights of the recital. Nazareth uses a structure similar to American Ragtime: ABACA(DA)... From what I understand, this is also the structure of the "Choros" in Brazil.
Nazareth provided a narrative in a minor key, and it seemed to me that you captured that narrative quality especially well -- it almost seemed semi-improvisatory, although of course it wasn't. Just very well done; thanks for sharing this!

Lanky Pianist -- Well, we were able to get Clementi and Pleyel in the same room -- as composers, not piano salesmen! I suspect this was the first movement of the Sonatina, which sounded close to Haydn but didn't have the same level of invention and wit that Haydn typically provides. You rendition needs a little rhythmic work, but you captured the playful, upbeat nature of the music effectively.

Snejana -- Was "Evening Stroll" from one of the earlier "Mikroksmos" volumes? It struck me that even his simple straightforward pieces have a unique melodic and harmonic movement at various junctures. Your rendition I thought was appropriately atmospheric -- some clouds amidst the tranquility of a stroll.

Last batch to follow.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
(ad) SWEETWATER Cyber Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland LX706 Review
by Colin Miles - 12/04/20 06:41 AM
Best Headphones for Digital Piano - your experience
by lukasz-zsakul - 12/04/20 05:10 AM
Is the Hailun 218 solid spruce?
by Sonepica - 12/04/20 04:55 AM
Schiff talked about Bartók's style of playing
by symphonicdance - 12/04/20 01:46 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,254
Posts3,030,353
Members99,467
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission