2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (benkeys, 1200s, aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 11 invisible), 1,824 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 44 of 116 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 115 116
S
S
Originally Posted by Daniel van Veen
Originally Posted by foxy.au
As said, would have LOVED it. But $1,200 is just too much. Sigh.

Take care!

Those prices can be really weird. When I bought the CLP-635, the PE version was 5 euros(!!) more expensive than the regular finishes.
Not sure how this works...

Sounds like the ranges are all over the place! Here in Canada the difference was $400....

J
J
How long is the keys on the CLP 745? and how long for the 775/785?

Owner of Roland LX-705 LA, But fan of Kawai
J
J
I got my CLP-735 today, and it sounds good but... did anyone notice an unpleasant resonance when playing the A4 key of the CFX, or is it only me? At first I thought it was the speakers or some mechanical resonance, but it's really only that note and the CFX - the Bösendorfer and the other instruments sound perfectly fine. So now I'm thinking it's in the sound sample.

G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by jerha202
I got my CLP-735 today, and it sounds good but... did anyone notice an unpleasant resonance when playing the A4 key of the CFX, or is it only me? At first I thought it was the speakers or some mechanical resonance, but it's really only that note and the CFX - the Bösendorfer and the other instruments sound perfectly fine. So now I'm thinking it's in the sound sample.

Do you hear it only with speakers, or does it also sound unpleasant with headphones?

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
O
O

While testing the Clp 745, i heard some kind of weird resonance too...but i didn't checked the headphone output...

Sad that, the headphone output have another sample, right? Binaural one...

B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by JackQ89
How long is the keys on the CLP 745? and how long for the 775/785?
I believe the 775/785 key length (to pivot point) remain the same as the 675/685, which is about 26 cm.

The 745 'feels like' about 22 cm (it's definitely in the 21 to 24 range) - I'll measure it when it arrives in a couple of months.

Last edited by Burkie; 09/29/20 11:52 PM.

Pianos are one of the best human inventions of the past 323 years - help evangelize the magic!
J
J
Originally Posted by Gombessa

Do you hear it only with speakers, or does it also sound unpleasant with headphones?

I just tested, and yes it's only with speakers, not with headphones.

I would be very interested to know if anyone else with a CLP-7xx can hear something particular with note A4 (the A to the right of middle C) on the CFX and with speakers!

Last edited by jerha202; 09/30/20 01:36 PM.
I don't have the CLP 700 series.

But I do have a Yamaha P515 and, for me, it is the E right from the middle C that makes a very noticeable buzzing (mechanical resonance) on the note with the CFX sample. It is very annoying but I've learn to live with it. It only does it with the digital speakers of the piano so I associated it with perhaps the actual material of the piano entering some sound resonance with this particular note. Any chords that include that E will result in intense buzzing of that key. It is very strong. Akin to a cell phone buzz. I was refreining from calling the shop where I bought the piano because I'm not sure it is acutally a defect or just a result of the speakers making that particular note buzz the key.

P-515
CLP-785
S
S
Originally Posted by Gombessa

I just tested, and yes it's only with speakers, not with headphones.

I would be very interested to know if anyone else with a CLP-7xx can hear something particular with note A4 (the A to the right of middle C) on the CFX and with speakers!

Just tried on 785 and the A4 played alone on CFX sounds fine.

However, I do notice a strange resonance when I play a B flat maj 7th chord on CFX with the speakers, with volume set above 50%. Probably coming from the semitone clash of the A and B flat.

I wonder if the speaker differences play a role - I think the speaker system is different than 745 (785 has spruce come speaker? Someone feel free to correct me).

In any case I've been using the Bosendorfer sample more, and I'm not always playing this semitone, so it does not bother me much. Unfortunate though...

Last edited by su12; 09/30/20 03:39 PM.
F
F
Those prices can be really weird. When I bought the CLP-635, the PE version was 5 euros(!!) more expensive than the regular finishes.

I'm not sure how it works either Daniel. Having read this thread in it's entirety, us Aussies cop a bit of 'Yamaha-Tax' - lol. Seriously, Indondesia isn't that far.

Originally Posted by su12
Sounds like the ranges are all over the place! Here in Canada the difference was $400....

Wow, at those prices I definitely would have gone the Polished Ebony.

However, it is what it is though! I can't change anything.

From an update perspective, I rang my dealer yesterday and asked for a potential arrival date. They're estimating late October or even late November. The wait is intolerable! hahaha.

Take care everyone!

Yamaha CLP-785
G
G

I'm not sure how it works either Daniel. Having read this thread in it's entirety, us Aussies cop a bit of 'Yamaha-Tax' - lol. Seriously, Indondesia isn't that far.

Wow, at those prices I definitely would have gone the Polished Ebony.

However, it is what it is though! I can't change anything.

From an update perspective, I rang my dealer yesterday and asked for a potential arrival date. They're estimating late October or even late November. The wait is intolerable! hahaha.

Take care everyone!

I'm right there with ya, foxy. I'm still watching old CLP-6xx and CLP-7xx reviews ad nauseam to tide me over until i get my 785. It's agony! haha I've also been trying to figure out which tablet to get to pair it with for Bluetooth apps and all that.

I went with the matte black as my first choice and it just happened to be the lowest price one. I'm not a fan of the PE. As stated above it will scratch and you have to pay a little bit more attention to making sure it doesn't get damaged. Regardless, matte black, PE, or polished white, it's all the same instrument underneath. I hope you get yours soon!!

F
F
Originally Posted by GreatShowmanChopin
I'm right there with ya, foxy. I'm still watching old CLP-6xx and CLP-7xx reviews ad nauseam to tide me over until i get my 785. It's agony! haha I've also been trying to figure out which tablet to get to pair it with for Bluetooth apps and all that.

I went with the matte black as my first choice and it just happened to be the lowest price one. I'm not a fan of the PE. As stated above it will scratch and you have to pay a little bit more attention to making sure it doesn't get damaged. Regardless, matte black, PE, or polished white, it's all the same instrument underneath. I hope you get yours soon!!

GreatShowmanChopin! Thanks for the reply! I've been doing EXACTLY the same as you, hitting youtube and watching all the CLP-6xx and CLP-7xx videos as well. Even one's not in English and relying on youtube auto-translate! Yes, I've been that desperate for content! Every morning, I do a google / youtube search on CLP 785 - hoping for some new content! ;-)

Awesome to hear that you went the matte black option. I think from a practical perspective it's the 'right' choice - I actually really like the polished white as well, that was $1,700 more than the matte. Definitely out of my price range.

I hope you get yours soon as well my friend! Do you have an ETA?

This will be my first digital piano - so excited. Plus my wife is counting down the days as well. I'm 50 next year and my mrs, 52. Definitely something that we can do together.

I've been 'playing' for years, but have never really learnt to read music ( until now - doing the pianote.com thingy ) which has been great. However, my Axiom 61 keyboard is a bugger to play. Very sharp edges on the keys and the weighting is not the best. So a massive leap for me.

My playing is 'ok' i suppose. But effectively I'm starting at the beginning.

This was my attempt last year ( with no sustain pedal ) of Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpAT314v1Gs

and one of the pianote song's that i learned the Cheshire Cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILq8lPe2taQ

As you can see mate, I've got a LONG way to go!!!!

The future is bright! Bring on the music!
Foxy.

Yamaha CLP-785
J
J
Just tried on 785 and the A4 played alone on CFX sounds fine.

However, I do notice a strange resonance when I play a B flat maj 7th chord on CFX with the speakers, with volume set above 50%. Probably coming from the semitone clash of the A and B flat.

I wonder if the speaker differences play a role - I think the speaker system is different than 745 (785 has spruce come speaker? Someone feel free to correct me).

In any case I've been using the Bosendorfer sample more, and I'm not always playing this semitone, so it does not bother me much. Unfortunate though...
Ok thanks for checking! I tried playing a Bb-maj7 but it only sounds bad for me if voiced with that A4.

The speakers are clearly much better on your 785 than on my 735, so maybe that explains it, but it's weird it affects only one note. So I'm clueless. I'll go back to the store and try out their 735 and see if I can hear the same. Maybe I could get used to it, but for now it really takes the joy out of playing for me, so I want to get to the bottom of this.

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
‘Every morning I do a google/youtube search on CLP-785 hoping for some new content.....’

Welcome to the club, foxy.au!

The problem will be leaving it (good luck with that, but you’re most certainly stuck with us forever). laugh

D
D

Would it be possible to somehow record this?

I remember once where I heard a ringing sound when playing certain notes, it turned out to be a particular object on or close by the piano (forgot what it exactly was) that resonated with the sound of the piano.
Make sure you have removed everything attached to the piano and move it a bit away from the wall(s).
If you test with headphones, set the Binaural setting to OFF, otherwise you are using a completely different sampleset.

J
J

Would it be possible to somehow record this?

I remember once where I heard a ringing sound when playing certain notes, it turned out to be a particular object on or close by the piano (forgot what it exactly was) that resonated with the sound of the piano.
Make sure you have removed everything attached to the piano and move it a bit away from the wall(s).
If you test with headphones, set the Binaural setting to OFF, otherwise you are using a completely different sampleset.
This post took me much closer to a resolution, thanks a lot!

The resonance is NOT there with headphones and binaural set to Off, so I guess it's not in the sample after all. I tried connecting a separate pair of speakers with the Aux output, and the resonance is not there either. And when I do use the piano's built in speakers, it actually gets better when I stand up! I have nothing standing on or attached to the piano. I tried moving it around in the room, removing the panel and tightening or loosening some screws, but no noticeable difference. I'm guessing the resonance comes from the piano case itself, but I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my piano that can be fixed, or if it's just the way it is because I got the "cheap" model.

G
G

GreatShowmanChopin! Thanks for the reply! I've been doing EXACTLY the same as you, hitting youtube and watching all the CLP-6xx and CLP-7xx videos as well. Even one's not in English and relying on youtube auto-translate! Yes, I've been that desperate for content! Every morning, I do a google / youtube search on CLP 785 - hoping for some new content! ;-)

I think you and I are the same person! I'll do my daily YouTube/Google search and check this thread for new content. I've also watched German and Japanese videos on the 7xx series and relying on YouTube to auto-translate it so I can understand at least some of what's going on. I've been impressed with the auto-translate feature. It's pretty great! I just need Tony from Bonners to put up his 785 demonstration video already! lol

It's my first digital piano as well and I'm very excited. No firm ETA, just the Oct/Nov date everybody else is getting I think.

I'd encourage you to keep on practicing, but I assume as soon as you get your piano you won't STOP playing. haha Enjoy!

F
F
Originally Posted by Pete14
‘Every morning I do a google/youtube search on CLP-785 hoping for some new content.....’

Welcome to the club, foxy.au!

The problem will be leaving it (good luck with that, but you’re most certainly stuck with us forever). laugh

G'day Pete! :-)

Thanks for the warm welcome my friend! Yes, you've got me for good! hahaha - I'm enjoying reading everyone's comments so far!

Yamaha CLP-785
F
F
I think you and I are the same person! I'll do my daily YouTube/Google search and check this thread for new content. I've also watched German and Japanese videos on the 7xx series and relying on YouTube to auto-translate it so I can understand at least some of what's going on. I've been impressed with the auto-translate feature. It's pretty great! I just need Tony from Bonners to put up his 785 demonstration video already! lol

It's my first digital piano as well and I'm very excited. No firm ETA, just the Oct/Nov date everybody else is getting I think.

I'd encourage you to keep on practicing, but I assume as soon as you get your piano you won't STOP playing. haha Enjoy!

Hahahaha - It does seem we're peas in a pod hey? :-) I checked this morning my friend, alas - no new youtube videos. lol. So back I go to looking at older 685 reviews.

Yes, it would be great for Tony from Bonners to do a deep-dive into the product.

I had the pleasure last year of playing on the 685 in Melbourne, Australia - I did indeed find the key action heavy(ish) - compared to, at the time trying the Roland. As you know I'm a beginner pianist but felt I could get more emotion out of the Yamaha.

The sound of the Yamaha 685 I really LOVED as well compared to the other units I tried.

Fingers crossed I've made the right decision - Never have I spent soooooo much money on a product that I haven't tried before. Eeeekkk! I suppose I'll know soon enough!

So excited that this is your first digital piano as well. When growing up we had an upright that my mother and sister played. I just dicked around on it, but never put any effort into it. Sigh. However, never too late! :-)

I've got a day off work today, so will get some practice on the old Axiom keyboard - arrgghh! ;-)

Take care.
Foxy.

Yamaha CLP-785
A
A
New Yamaha videos come out for the GP’s 10 hours ago..

795gp..

https://youtu.be/1xE4UodMLS8

And 765gp..

https://youtu.be/nLjBXwX7nqY

Hopefully that means the 795 will be released soon.

Yamaha N3
(ex Clavinova CLP-175)
Page 44 of 116 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 115 116

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission