2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
41 members (Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, 10 invisible), 1,157 guests, and 319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Beemer Offline OP
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
U
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
U
Nice, but why does the musicality of the squirrel immediately have to get related to the color of it's fur?

G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by U3piano
Nice, but why does the musicality of the squirrel immediately have to get related to the color of it's fur?

"Red squirrel" is the common name for a particular species of squirrel not necessarily a reference to its fur colour.

M
M
I'm pretty sure U3piano is kidding. :-)

at home: Kawai MP11SE; Yamaha LG800; Yamaha HS7; Ultimate MS-100B; Sennheiser HD558 | office: MP7SE; K&M 18820; Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro

Adult beginner
Hugh Sung, Popular Piano course (in progress)
One of those grand pianos would fit in my dining room.

G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Mickey_

Gosh, really?

M
M
Originally Posted by gwing
Originally Posted by Mickey_

Gosh, really?

You never know whether others know. Sorry for underestimating you. ;-)

at home: Kawai MP11SE; Yamaha LG800; Yamaha HS7; Ultimate MS-100B; Sennheiser HD558 | office: MP7SE; K&M 18820; Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro

Adult beginner
Hugh Sung, Popular Piano course (in progress)
Beemer Offline OP
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
Bronze Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by U3piano
Just in case the situation in the USA is different than here in Scotland. Red Squirrels are loved here not only because they are much cuter than the Grey variety but because they are becoming extinct. This is due to two factors. Firstly Grey squirrels do not hibernate here and can eat any food whether ripe or not. By the time the Red squirrels awake from their hibernation there is much less food available. Secondly Grey Squirrels carry a disease that is fatal to Red Squirrels. The common name is Squirrelpox virus which although not fatal to North American Squirrels is fatal to the UK Red Squirrel. This disease is gradually creeping North in the UK and Red Squirrels are now found mainly in Scotland. It is now legal in the UK to humanely (!) exterminate Grey Squirrels so that the Red Squirrel population can survive. Sanctuaries are being set up and photographers (I'm an amateur one) are always on the lookout for them. I've never seen one playing a Blüthner and they are not getting anywhere near mine!
Grey Squirrel in my garden
Ian

I'm all keyed up
2016 Blüthner Model A
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Beemer
Just in case the situation in the USA is different than here in Scotland. Red Squirrels are loved here not only because they are much cuter than the Grey variety but because they are becoming extinct.

Yes the situation is very different in the US, at least here in the Midwest. Grey Squirrels (which are often black here) are considered harmless aside from being master thieves of bird seed. They grow large enough to be hunted for food (tastes like chicken of course), and are easily tolerated by virtually everyone, and loved by some. The American Red Squirrel is different than the Eurasion Red Squirrel, and is much more of a nuisance than the Grey Squirrel. Barely larger than a chipmunk, they chew holes in your house and nest inside the walls. My wife hates them, and makes sure that I set our (live) trap upon first sight of one.

We also have flying squirrels, which glide from tree to tree. They're fairly common but not as easily noticed, as they are nocturnal.

L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
Oh yes those grey squirrels are in my garden .We also have the smaller black ones .I do not know which one is indigenous to this area. The grey ones seem more dominant and seem to be
taking over from the more timid black ones .
The raccoons arrived about 3 weeks ago and really enjoyed themselves with the last of the grapes in the garden.Then of course they enjoyed swimming in our fish pond .
This happens every year at the end of summer and its always just one or two nights .A kind of "raccoon block party" ?

L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
Those Red squirrels are pretty creatures Ian .

j&j Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
The red squirrels are adorable. I think they love the puzzle of getting irresistible hazelnuts out of the black box. Grey squirrels are also extremely inquisitive, exceptionally intelligent about getting around or through the obstacles humans use to prevent them from getting to the bird feeders. Plus grey squirrels must breed like rabbits and squirrels love to chew wire insulation in vehicles. They can be exceptionally destructive. I enjoy watching squirrels antics as long as it isn’t in my house or my piano.

J & J
Estonia L190 Hidden Beauty
Casio Privia P230
At least half the waiters in Nashville play better than I
[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission