2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
32 members (admodios, busa, Cominut, drumour, Foxtrot3, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 6 invisible), 1,167 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
8000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
8000 Post Club Member
I just wanted to share my recent experience with Tunescribers.com since I know people here may consider using their services. (And as I recall, the first time I searched here, there weren't many/any comments... maybe I should go and try to find my original post...)

Anyway, Tunescribers.com is a website that sells custom sheet music -- in other words, they transcribe music into a musical score for a small fee. And they also then sell the scores that someone else has previously ordered, so either way, you can use Tunescribers.com to get sheet music that you can't get anywhere else.

So now for the reason I decided to make this post. I recently bought the score for a piece by Alexis Ffrench from Tunescribers. But after I started playing it, I found some spots where I thought the score was written poorly (what I called "spelling' mistakes). As an example, there is a phrase that appears at numerous spots in the piece, but in the score, it would sometimes appear in the treble clef and other times in the bass clef. Some explanation, since this probably doesn't make sense... these notes are right in the middle of the keyboard, and the phrase is an accompaniment rather than melody phrase, so basically you could play them with either your left or right hand. But in the score, sometimes it was written in the left hand part, other times in the right hand part. I felt that made the score hard to read, because each time you came to that phrase, since it wasn't written consistently, it made it hard to read.

In a thread here on the ABF, I complained about that and wrote something to the effect that I wouldn't use Tunescribers again. Well, someone from Tunescribers spotted that and sent me a PM. Long story short, I told him what I thought was wrong with the score and he made corrections and sent it back to me!

I was very impressed by that. And the newer version of the score is easier to read/play. So I thought I'd share this update here in case anyone else is considered ordering a score from them.

TL;DR: Tunescribers is a legit company with great customer service and real people working there who work hard to produce good quality sheet music.

(And no, I am not connected to the company nor do I benefit from this thread!)

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Interesting service. I haven't seen anything like it before.

8000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
8000 Post Club Member
Re the service, it's really cool! It's not likely to be relevant for people playing primarily classical music, since sheet music is very easy to come by.

But if you're playing modern compositions, often there's no sheet music available (as with the piece I purchased) or if you want jazz arrangements or covers/arrangements by a particular pianist, then this would be a good way to get sheet music for something like that.

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
There are many sites and individuals on line who transcribe for a fee. I have had three of four pieces transcribed for me including these two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXDuBKvQ8-U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K7kKJ7IIog

I recommend this individual who did the two transcriptions above for me:
https://twitter.com/itranscribejazz?lang=en

8000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
8000 Post Club Member
Pianoloverus, did he also transcribe the humming?

whome

Started piano June 1999.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission