2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
42 members (clothearednincompo, Charles Cohen, CharlesXX, ejlamas, AcousticAndre, Beowulf, floknot, 7 invisible), 544 guests, and 370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Need Advice on Casio Celviano AP-710
#3028436 09/24/20 05:08 AM
V
VMK Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Hi friends

Has anyone tested or purchased Casio AP 710?
If so please let me know how good it is because this model has got my attention.
If you guys have any other option to offer in this price range and level please let me know.

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Re: Need Advice on Casio Celviano AP-710
VMK #3028449 09/24/20 05:56 AM
C
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
C
It has the same key action as the cheapest PX (Privia) and AP (Celviano) models. (PX-S, CDP and CDP-S models are different.)

It apparently has the best (or close to) piano sound engine that Casio offers.

Sometimes it's mistakenly called a "Grand Hybrid" which it isn't even according to Casio. (Thomann still has that mistake on their product page.)

The "Developed in cooperation with C. Bechstein" only means that it has a Bechstein grand piano sound in it along with a German Steinway and a Bösendorfer.

Other options at a similar price could be e.g.
- Kawai CN-29 and CN-39
- Yamaha P-515
- Roland HP-702

Each probably have their own selling points. Specifications are one thing, but if you don't plan on using headphones, then the built-in speakers do matter.

But I'm not sure how it compares with e.g. the models I mentioned. Maybe pretty well(?)

There are people who are happy with Casio's "Tri-sensor scaled hammer action keyboard II" and there are people who aren't, so opinions do vary. As always.

VMK #3028459 09/24/20 06:31 AM
B
B
I’ve had a Casio AP 710 for six months now, and I’m afraid I could not recommend it.

When the piano first arrived I unpacked it and tried everything to make sure all was in working order, and it was. So with that I disposed of the very large box it came in. The next day while playing the piano I noticed a clicking noise which was accompanied with a weird feeling when pressing the key. It was as if the counter weight underneath the key was loose. This was an intermittent fault that was happening on the G and A keys on the 3rd 4th and 5th octaves on the keyboard. I contacted the seller (Gear4music) who would of replaced the piano, no problem. But because I no longer had the box they could not help me, and told me to contact Casio. This I did, but because of Covid 19 they were not able to send anyone out at the time. Anyhows, I contacted them again recently and someone came out to me yesterday to fix it. And fair-play, he did not mess about. He took out the complete keyboard from the piano and replaced it with a brand new one. So I’m playing the piano this morning and then it happened….A Click. I noticed it straight away. As I hit the Eb and lift off there is an annoying click, although it’s not the same fault as before. It’s not overly loud, but it’s there and it’s annoying. I’m really not sure if this is enough to call Casio out again, but it does bug me.

So I think there are serious problems with their reliability.

But now let me mention the piano voices on this piano. The Berlin Grand – Mellow – Bright. All three of these are excellent and I play these all the time. But as for the Hamburg Grand and Vienna Grand, well to my ears they are just awful. The Hamburg seem to have an electronic sound and the Vienna is no better. Another way to describe it is as if they have just tweaked the Berlin Grand Sound to make up the other two.

There are some pluses. The action and feel of the keys (the ones that work properly) is very good. I like the design of the piano. I particularly like that you can play it at low volume without the bass or treble dropping out. Casio include something called Volume Sync EQ to play at low volume. But I didn’t notice any benefit with this on at all, so I just leave it set to off. But as I say, it sounds fine with the volume at a low level. The lifting of the lid is a nice touch. And having the small display screen certainly helps. I find it particularly useful when setting the metronome.

But I have to say if I had my time again I would not purchase this piano. The idea was to upgrade from my Kawai ES110. In looks the Casio is streets ahead. But now I wish I still had the ES110.

There is a post here with link to pics that I first put up when I purchased this piano:

http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2979792/casio-ap-710.html#Post2979792

If there’s anything else you want to know just ask. Only too pleased to help.

Enthusiastic, mature, relative beginner. Kawai ES110
Barrett Bonden #3028481 09/24/20 07:59 AM
V
VMK Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Thank you my friend... well noted.
These were points no one would tell unless they have used the product.
So Im gonna have to consider another options as well before final purchase.
I guess the reliability and noises of the keyboard actions are great deal.

Cheers

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Our October 2020 Free Piano Newsletter is Here!
---------------------
3,000,000+!
------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Roland F140r - Would you recommend it?
by Pikka - 10/25/20 05:14 PM
KAWAI ES8 : buy a new keyboard management board
by chris42330 - 10/25/20 03:37 PM
Clavinova CPV30 Repair
by mikeskory - 10/25/20 12:55 PM
Hello - and my first Chopin!
by oswaldpeters - 10/25/20 11:11 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics202,394
Posts3,016,998
Members99,019
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission