2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (clothearednincompo, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, 5 invisible), 1,109 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 68 of 191 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 190 191
C
4000 Post Club Member
Online Content
4000 Post Club Member
C
My Kawai ES-100 has the same bug! 😯

Not a big deal and I never noticed it before.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Corrado
I happily own a Kawai CA79, bit I recently noted something odd, that I would describe as a "wrong" behavior of the sustain (or damper) pedal, vs. a real grand piano.

It's a synthesizer engine limitation. Yamaha and Roland had that fixed decades ago.

If there would be an easy fix, Kawai would have applied that already.

Yamaha P-515
C
C
Hi JoeT,
I am quite sure Kawai can fix it as well.
There's a note already playing, they just don't have to stop it if damper goes up but key is pressed down. Does not even require additional voice, it's the one altrady playing.

By the way, according to previous answers, some pianos go correct and others don't... At least it means thay can have it right! Hopefully..

Cheers
Corrado

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I checked on Kawai MP7. And the behavior is correct: after lifting the pedal and holding the key again, the sound continues, and without damper resonances, as it should be.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Hello Corrado,

I am quite sure Kawai can fix it as well.

This pedalling behaviour was reported to R&D a couple of months ago, and has been fixed internally.

I cannot provide a date for when the next software update will be released publicly, however the fix will be included with this update.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
M
M
I checked on my CA99 and it behaves in the wrong way both in Piano mode (Rendering engine) and sound mode (supposedly Harmonic Imaging XL). The note stops playing . . .

By the way I’m using the beta version of the new Firmware update (received it 18 September)

Last edited by Mike192; 09/22/20 04:22 AM.

Roland FP-7
Kawai CA99
Online Content
Originally Posted by Mike192
By the way I’m using the beta version of the new Firmware update (received it 18 September)

I'm not sure which firmware update you're referring to (can you send me a PM with more info, please?), however it's possible that the pedal fix mentioned above has not been merged with the main software yet.

Kind regards,
James
x

C
C
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello Corrado,

This pedalling behaviour was reported to R&D a couple of months ago, and has been fixed internally.

I cannot provide a date for when the next software update will be released publicly, however the fix will be included with this update.

Kind regards,
James
x

Hello Kawai James, thanks for your answer, that's great news! I look forward to get the new update!
Have a nice day.
Corrado

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Thanks for your answers

@Nordomus: you mean Casio GP had the same issue but then Casio corrected it? Than I can hope...!
I don't know if they fixed it.

Roland LX708
J
J
New owner of a CA99 and loving everything about it but.....wish it had a little red light that came on with the power button. With the LCD screen darkened one cannot tell the piano is powered up and thus I find myself turning it off! I’m sure I’ll learn to tap the screen to see if it’s on but that little red light would be nice!

Tom in Coatesville Indiana I hope I live long enough to be able to play something someone could recognize before I'm horizontal!! Wife is very comfortable with the white and black keys. She plays with her digits so it must be a digital piano?
Kawai CA 65
S
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by jonkertb
New owner of a CA99 and loving everything about it but.....wish it had a little red light that came on with the power button. With the LCD screen darkened one cannot tell the piano is powered up and thus I find myself turning it off! I’m sure I’ll learn to tap the screen to see if it’s on but that little red light would be nice!
Can't you just press a key?

N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by spanishbuddha
Can't you just press a key?

Is this a real complaint? A perfectly dark screen is what some of us on previous gen tech have been clamoring for... a red light would completely ruin the illusion.

Why not just turn off screen darkening?

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

Yamaha has a delay on the standby button. So by tapping it, you turn it on, but only a long press turns it off.

Yamaha P-515
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by JoeT

Yamaha has a delay on the standby button. So by tapping it, you turn it on, but only a long press turns it off.
It's the same on CA98 so I wonder if that is changed on CA99/CA79

Roland LX708
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G

As much as I like the "just like an acoustic piano" look of the NV-10, I've also kinda wished it had a little LED so I could tell if it's on from a distance.

But I've inadvertently found a solution--I usually have a small USB thumb drive connected for saving performances. The one I use just happens to have a blue LED on it that's lit whenever it's connected. Bam, instant power-on LED smile

You could try that, and the best thing is you get to control the color and intensity of the light yourself, something no DP maker would build a customizable option for. There are also all manner of dedicated USB LED lights that have crazy programmable rainbow patterns and fades/glows if that's your thing, too!

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
Online Content
Originally Posted by Nordomus
Originally Posted by JoeT

It's the same on CA98 so I wonder if that is changed on CA99/CA79

No, the CA99/CA79 (if not all current generation Kawai DPs...) have the same behaviour.

[Linked Image]

Cheers,
James
x

G
G
Hi Folks,

another beautiful CA99 demo available:

Galuwen

F
F
Outstanding performance, thumbs up for the talented Menno Beijer.
He really gets the best out of the CA99!
What a fantastic sounding instrument it is... just like my CA79.
Wish I could play like Menno though...

Musical greetings,

F-Sharp (Kawai CA79 since Sept 2020)
P
P
Originally Posted by Gombessa

As much as I like the "just like an acoustic piano" look of the NV-10, I've also kinda wished it had a little LED so I could tell if it's on from a distance.

But I've inadvertently found a solution--I usually have a small USB thumb drive connected for saving performances. The one I use just happens to have a blue LED on it that's lit whenever it's connected. Bam, instant power-on LED smile

You could try that, and the best thing is you get to control the color and intensity of the light yourself, something no DP maker would build a customizable option for. There are also all manner of dedicated USB LED lights that have crazy programmable rainbow patterns and fades/glows if that's your thing, too!
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello Corrado,

[quote=Corrado]I am quite sure Kawai can fix it as well.

Kind regards,
James
x[/quote
this happens in kawai es110? because they comment what happens in es100, how would it be fixed? thanks

B
B
I'm sure this will have been asked already but can I use the ca99's speakers to play my phones music through?

Thanks!

Page 68 of 191 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 190 191

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission