2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
57 members (Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, 36251, benkeys, 9 invisible), 1,931 guests, and 319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 40 of 116 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 115 116
P
P
Originally Posted by trigalg693
Originally Posted by PlayerkaN

Thanks for that link, it's the first clear picture of the keyboard being played I've seen. Looking at the angle the keys make when they're depressed, the pivot point is probably around 21-22cm from the end of the white key. Shorter than I hoped frown

Guess you have to pay up to get the longer non-S Grandtouch.
I don’t understand that, it is bad?

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

Thanks for that link, it's the first clear picture of the keyboard being played I've seen. Looking at the angle the keys make when they're depressed, the pivot point is probably around 21-22cm from the end of the white key. Shorter than I hoped frown

That pivot length has been completely standard for GH actions since decades. Should be no surprise that it is still the same thing with a new name.

Yamaha P-515
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B

I don’t understand that, it is bad?
Yes, it is bad in some ways.

P
P
I only try 745, i felt very good ! Big Keyboard

T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by JoeT
That pivot length has been completely standard for GH actions since decades. Should be no surprise that it is still the same thing with a new name.

The Grandtouch is different from a GH in that it uses that long, thin, bendy plastic thing instead of a hinge, so it's mechanically different. If they rebranded some GH variant as "Grandtouch-S", that is some interesting marketing...

Other than the excessive weight and friction, I do enjoy the Grandtouch's feel quite a lot. For my own needs, I don't need a heavy practice keyboard, but I think it's actually a good thing for beginners.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by JoeT

The Grandtouch is different from a GH in that it uses that long, thin, bendy plastic thing instead of a hinge, so it's mechanically different. If they rebranded some GH variant as "Grandtouch-S", that is some interesting marketing...

No way! No manufacturer has ever done that. When the plastic GrandTouch S turns out being a renamed GH3X and the wooden GrandTouch S a renamed NWX, it would be a total surprise to everyone. wink

Yamaha P-515
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
I thought that GrandTouch-S had staggered black and white key pivots? So technically, it's not the same as GH because some keys will either longer or shorter.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
V
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
V
@trigalg: sorry for my ignorance, but what is the "thin long bendy thing" you mention? Is there photo evidence of it? I am only aware of photos from a plastic+wood action (nw, maybe?) and the hinge there was typical of a folded action.

Last edited by vagfilm; 09/21/20 02:18 PM.
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by vagfilm
@trigalg: sorry for my ignorance, but what is the "thin long bendy thing" you mention?

Now we’re even obsessing over ‘thinness’ and ‘bendyness’.

Oh, the good ol’ days of practicing for eight hours on ‘piano’ keys painted on a table; then heading out for the farm to milk the cows, shovel the pig-[censored], and to work the fertile land without one single complaint, those days are gone.

What have we come to, I ask? Is this the world we want to leave for our children?

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Gombessa
I thought that GrandTouch-S had staggered black and white key pivots? So technically, it's not the same as GH because some keys will either longer or shorter.

Does it? Because the front and fallboard key dip on video looks exactly like what I'm used to from GH derivatives.

Yamaha P-515
V
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
V
Pete14: of course not... We need a world of pianos with music rests as bigly as the bendiness of their thinglies.

My english is not as good as your jokes...

O
O
Today I retested the 745.
With the Bass at -3 on Brilhance(EQ) setting...the most natural sounding setting.
Nice sounding piano and touch..very nice.

P
P
Originally Posted by Otavio
Today I retested the 745.
With the Bass at -3 on Brilhance(EQ) setting...the most natural sounding setting.
Nice sounding piano and touch..very nice.

are you happy with that piano? Did you try kawai from the same range?

O
O
It's very hard to find a Kawai digital piano(or acoustic) to play in my city.
Music stores carry the mid range digital pianos only.

P
P
Me neither i can try kawai, but that i gonna. Buy yamaha, but i want to do a good buy, i dont want the best piano
It is impossible, but i want to buy a good dp smile i have to say i love kawai sound

P
P
You should record video 745

F
F
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, it's awesome to reading everyone's comments about the series 700. I mentioned back a few posts ago, that I put a deposit down for a 785 last week. Expected to arrive in Australia - late October????? Fingers crossed.

In reading the posts, it appears that no one has actually received any stock yet????? If you've ordered one, when do you expect to receive it?

Really looking forward to hearing about everyone's initial thoughts etc. :-)

Take care
Foxy.

Yamaha CLP-785
T
T
Originally Posted by foxy.au
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, it's awesome to reading everyone's comments about the series 700. I mentioned back a few posts ago, that I put a deposit down for a 785 last week. Expected to arrive in Australia - late October????? Fingers crossed.

In reading the posts, it appears that no one has actually received any stock yet????? If you've ordered one, when do you expect to receive it?

Really looking forward to hearing about everyone's initial thoughts etc. :-)

Take care
Foxy.

Yeah, waiting is difficult. Initially, the 785 was supposed to come out later in the year while the rest of the 700 line was supposed to get shipped in late summer. With the delays, the 700 shipments seem to be now scheduled to closer to the time that the 785 was supposed to be available.

I am not sure how to interpret this. On one hand, maybe everything will just come in the same window? On the other, is it possible that the slowed production will spill over into the 785 as well?

Most online retailers in the US are saying "estimated ship date, November" for all models. Until I hear otherwise, that is probably the best guess anyone has.

H
H
today i bought a CLP-775

at a 2795€ i think was a big deal.

i didnt try it so i hope the keyboard isnt very heavier comparing with my old CLP-535

P
P
Hello i was playing Yamaha GB1 Clp745 and clp775. I felt that 775 is a little heavy, something friction. 745 was fast similar gb1. I am beginner sorry

Page 40 of 116 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 115 116

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission