2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (Carey, clothearednincompo, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, 12 invisible), 1,881 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 116 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 115 116
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
I agree on the “counterweights and spruce cone speakers” not being a big deal. Some even think that counterweights in digital pianos are counterintuitive!

For me, the X75 has always presented the sweet spot, but perhaps Yamaha now thinks it’s too sweet for us, USAnians. It also doesn’t hurt that there are more finishes available for the X75. Personally, I like the rosewood.

Now, let’s hope this is just some Yamaha marketing trickery of sorts; and that the CLP-775 will eventually be available in the USA!

9190 Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
There are already first owners of the new series. For example, in this comment on YouTube, the person shares his experience of choice.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Just managed to try out the 745 and 775 at my local store so here's my first impression.

The action on the 775 no longer has that awkward resistance in its down travel compared to the 675. It feels extra good to play now. However, it is still a really heavy action. I would like to believe that those who favor heavy actions are going to love this.

On the other hand, the GrandTouch-S on the 745 is significantly lighter than the NWX on the 645. The response is so good and it felt like my fingers could dance on the keyboard. It's easy to play near the fall board despite the shorter key sticks. It feels pretty close to the action of the AvantGrand N1X, but the N1X is probably heavier by just a little.

Sound wise, there isn't a world of difference from the 600 series but they do feel less muffled.

P
P
Originally Posted by Beowulf
Just managed to try out the 745 and 775 at my local store so here's my first impression.

The action on the 775 no longer has that awkward resistance in its down travel compared to the 675. It feels extra good to play now. However, it is still a really heavy action. I would like to believe that those who favor heavy actions are going to love this.

On the other hand, the GrandTouch-S on the 745 is significantly lighter than the NWX on the 645. The response is so good and it felt like my fingers could dance on the keyboard. It's easy to play near the fall board despite the shorter key sticks. It feels pretty close to the action of the AvantGrand N1X, but the N1X is probably heavier by just a little.

Sound wise, there isn't a world of difference from the 600 series but they do feel less muffled.
Now THIS is a useful review!! You're the first person to actually state in no uncertain terms whether the GrandTouch-S really is significantly lighter than the GrandTouch. Thank you for your honest opinion.

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
It’s a good news they got rid of the initial resistance.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
If the GrandTouch-S is indeed lighter than the NWX, I pass. I would probably like the ‘improved’ GrandTouch better.

I also read something about an abnormal ‘clicking’ feel to the keys in the original GrandTouch action; I wonder if that’s the same ‘initial resistance’ CG refers to.

Regarding the sound, it’s fascinating how different people perceive different things. One person ‘said’ that even the 735 sounded better than the old 685; another (dealer review) said something even more enthusiastic about the new vs. the old; however, he’s a salesman, so make what you will about his ‘review’. Beowulf perceives no significant improvement in sound other than a ‘less muffled’ experience.

Now, the question is: How would the 785 compare with the NU1X? It seems like the 685 did not fare well against the NU1X (in terms of sound).

O
O

Nice initial impressions! Good to hear that Yamaha listened their costumers about the action problems*

O
O

M
mwf Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Find that guy a bit silly and slightly patronising tbh. Enthusiastic, yeah, but it's put on a bit. Can't stand the way they talk about how they 'somehow' miraculously found chopin's or mozart's original sounding pianos and 'somehow' sampled them lol, like that was hard and is some kind of cutting edge tech Yamaha have come up with, like the samples are anything over 1mb each.

Interesting about 775 being slightly lighter, less downforce. I suspect the 785 will be lighter and more easy to play with the counterweights in, to me personally they make a huge difference in key actions I've tried.

O
O
I prefer a lighter touch, so for me the 745 or 785(775 with counters).
I just want to know, along the reviews, if 785 worth the price of 2 745’s.....

M
mwf Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
I doubt it, however the speaker system will be vastly greater though so nice if you want it for vst playing etc.. Otherwise i think 745 is more than enough for most people. Fortunately my budget allows me to get the 785 on this occasion so i am set on that, just prefer the extra luxury, that's all I reckon it will be.

P
P
Originally Posted by Pete14
If the GrandTouch-S is indeed lighter than the NWX, I pass. I would probably like the ‘improved’ GrandTouch better.

So is the GrandTouch action actually improved over the previous GrandTouch action? In what way? (And not described in salesman gobbledygook).

Beowulf (or anyone else), have you tried the “older” GrandTouch actions, from the CLP-685 / CLP-695 / CVP-809 ? Is the action in the CLP-775 noticeably different from those models?

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
I don’t know if Yamaha has officially stated that the GrandTouch action has been improved, so as of now it remains a perception, this improvement.

Now, based on these newly presented perceptions, the action is now supposedly lighter and at least one person says that the so-called ‘initial resistance’ that apparently was bad is now gone.

I’ve come across initial resistance in the past and with some patience and gobbledygook I’ve been able to convince the opposing party that there is no need to resist, but somehow I believe that the ‘initial resistance’ mentioned here is a different kind of resistance. It remains to be seen why the GrandTouch ‘initially’ resists!

G
G
The new BORG DP150 has marketing stating "Resistance is futile". I believe it has assimilated the best of all digital pianos! I eagerly await the review from Locutus.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

Awesome info!! What’s your opinion on the difference between the NWX action on the 645 and the new updated action on the 775? I love the NWX action just as it is, I’m wondering how I’ll like the 775 action. Thanks!

Cunningham Studio grand; Yamaha CLP-645 Clavinova
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Otavio
Nice initial impressions! Good to hear that Yamaha listened their costumers about the action problems*

YES

Cunningham Studio grand; Yamaha CLP-645 Clavinova
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
I agree with BORG, resistance is indeed futile!

Now, let’s keep in mind that the GrandTouch only resists ‘initially’; this implies that the action, if treated with respect, eventually gives in. Why this action is so stubborn and at least initially resists, remains a mystery; however, the rumor on the streets is that the new action is much easier to get along with as long as it likes you; if it doesn’t like you it will permanently resist through a self-locking mechanism. So yes, be gentle to the new GrandTouch and it shall not resist! grin

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by PlsDontShootMe
So is the GrandTouch action actually improved over the previous GrandTouch action? In what way? (And not described in salesman gobbledygook).

Beowulf (or anyone else), have you tried the “older” GrandTouch actions, from the CLP-685 / CLP-695 / CVP-809 ? Is the action in the CLP-775 noticeably different from those models?
From what I recall, I did not feel that the added counterweights made much of a difference to the 685 than the 675. The 775 has a bouncier release than its predecessor.

Originally Posted by ebonykawai
Awesome info!! What’s your opinion on the difference between the NWX action on the 645 and the new updated action on the 775? I love the NWX action just as it is, I’m wondering how I’ll like the 775 action. Thanks!
It's been a long time since I played on the 645 so I can't recall exactly how it felt but if you like heavy actions, I suspect you are going to enjoy the 775. It's really smooth to play!

O
O
Comparing N1X key with the new Grandtouch S indicates that Yamaha nailed this time....

O
O
I already posted this link here but i think that was updated with some new information that confirms what Beowulf sad about Groundtouch-Short Wooden on 745

AZ PIANO REVIEWS 735 745 765gp

"On the CLP-745, the key action with the white wood keys is much lighter and easier to play than on the previous CLP-645 model, with the Yamaha CLP-745 digital piano static down-weight and up-weight being noticeably reduced to improve playability and faster key movement. I really enjoyed playing this model and the key movement felt very natural to me and much more so than I have ever felt on any previous Yamaha Clavinova model. "

Last edited by Otavio; 09/06/20 10:27 AM.
Page 28 of 116 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 115 116

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission