2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (APianistHasNoName, Adam Reynolds, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 10 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 213 of 302 1 2 211 212 213 214 215 301 302
K
K
Hi all,

I'm attempting to record my first ever YouTube video and have a minor issue recording to USB device on NV10 - everything I record to USB has a created date of '30/11/2003 23:00'. I even tried a different USB device with exactly the same result - it's just a bit of a pain trying to match recordings to my camera footages which has the correct timestamp. The USB recordings must be taking the 2003 date from the NV10? - anybody any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
The answer is here.

G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by KennyR
everything I record to USB has a created date of '30/11/2003 23:00'

As 9190 mentions, it's a rather frustrating and imo unnecessary limitation for an always-plugged-in electronics device in 2020!

And what's more, the NV-10 UI is built on Android, which means it probably already had an existing built-in clock function that's been disabled in the code wink

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
H
H
argh! my NV-10 is still on backorder frown apparently it's a worldwide shortage due to covid? has anyone had any luck purchasing recently?

Last edited by Heddy; 08/26/20 01:50 PM.
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by Heddy
argh! my NV-10 is still on backorder frown apparently it's a worldwide shortage due to covid? has anyone had any luck purchasing recently?

That is really unfortunate. Do they have an ETA? Couldn't they loan you something while you wait?

G
G

Nope, I've put down a deposit on one and I'm waiting until the end of October, I've also seen a stock list and most pianos are out of stock right now it seems. There's shortages for a lot of things right now, even basic electrical components so maybe the stock of other products will continue to be effected for a while.

H
H
Originally Posted by navindra

That is really unfortunate. Do they have an ETA? Couldn't they loan you something while you wait?
not until after Labor Day at the very least but no guarantees frown

G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Hang in there! The wait will definitely be worth it.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
H
H
Originally Posted by GetReal

Nope, I've put down a deposit on one and I'm waiting until the end of October, I've also seen a stock list and most pianos are out of stock right now it seems. There's shortages for a lot of things right now, even basic electrical components so maybe the stock of other products will continue to be effected for a while.
oh no!! i can't wait until the end of October!! where do you live? I'm in southern California

G
G
Originally Posted by GetReal

oh no!! i can't wait until the end of October!! where do you live? I'm in southern California

I'm in the UK. Originally the dealer assumed it was going to be November too but he was told by Kawai end of October, so I don't know how different it is elsewhere in the world, maybe you'll get it sooner if Kawai prioritize the US more.

A
A
Hi everyone! This is my first post. I am a Kawai novus nv10 owner and I was pretty happy with my decision until a few days ago when I noticed something terrifying: the action on my novus is not behaving correctly. When I try to play fast repeated notes the keys tend to get stuck far from the bed. The novus is six months old. Something happens preventing the key to go down even if pushed. I can reproduce this behaviour on EVERY KEY using different techniques, so it is not a localised imperfection. The whole action is affected thus the piano is useless for advance repertoire.
I provided a link to a video of me playing two fast repeated octaves: please notice the key played by the fifth finger getting stuck. That happens very often when two or more strikes have to be performed at fast tempo (single note, double note, chords etc...).
Am I the only one dealing with this problem? What’s going on? Are you (novus owners) able to reproduce the same strange behaviour on your Novus?
Thanks in advance
Best regards

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Axl86
Hi everyone! This is my first post. I am a Kawai novus nv10 owner and I was pretty happy with my decision until a few days ago when I noticed something terrifying: the action on my novus is not behaving correctly. When I try to play fast repeated notes the keys tend to get stuck far from the bed. The novus is six months old. Something happens preventing the key to go down even if pushed. I can reproduce this behaviour on EVERY KEY using different techniques, so it is not a localised imperfection. The whole action is affected thus the piano is useless for advance repertoire.
I provided a link to a video of me playing two fast repeated octaves: please notice the key played by the fifth finger getting stuck. That happens very often when two or more strikes have to be performed at fast tempo (single note, double note, chords etc...).
Am I the only one dealing with this problem? What’s going on? Are you (novus owners) able to reproduce the same strange behaviour on your Novus?
Thanks in advance
Best regards

Man, the audio is super weak. I can hardly hear it. Curious why did you turn the comments off on YouTube? You might have gotten some responses there too. Enough people have this piano that I'm guessing it is an issue with yours if it is indeed an issue at all.

Marcus Valdes

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
It looks like the jack isn't cycling properly, causing the note to block, or something along those lines. Just needs regulation by your dealer.

Pianist, teacher, occasional technician, internet addict.
Piano Review Editor - Acoustic and Digital Piano Buyer
Please visit my YouTube Channel
R
R
Thanks in advance
Best regards
I can reproduce this issue consistently if I specifically tried on my Kawai Novus, so it's not just your unit. In fact, I could do the same even on my old Yamaha Avantgrand N1. Thankfully, this situation has never appeared in a practical sense with the repertoire that I play on it.

Youtube piano recordings (classical music/video games/anime): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh9N3Xirs86USDQXE1WiwXg
Kawai Novus NV-10 / Yamaha Avantgrand N1 with Garritan CFX VST
A
A
First of all thank you for your kind replies. I’ll surely call my dealer and my technician as soon as possible. The audio in the the video is low because I recorded it late in the evening and I didn’t want to bother my neighbours.
I’ve been playing the piano for 25 years but I never seen anything like that before. I encountered many adjustment and regulation problems in my life but nothing that prevented the key from coming down on the keybed. I am very surprised that this has happened with a piano that has action as its best feature. I mean, this thing costs an eye and a kidney... it’s really annoying

A
A
@rach3master I’m glad and sad at the same time to hear that I’m not the only one. I purchased the novus for intense practice purposes and this issue hurts me a lot. The problem got worse with temperatures rising. Also it can be a potential cause of catastrophic failure if one transfers the arm weight at the wrong time (when the key is locked in place).

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
I’ve been playing the piano for 25 years but I never seen anything like that before. I encountered many adjustment and regulation problems in my life but nothing that prevented the key from coming down on the keybed.

Then you haven’t owned enough new acoustic grand pianos! I always end up needing to book one longer service in the first year to have the regulation dialed in. Once the initial break in and adjustment is done, things are usually stable for quite a while.

Grand piano actions like yours are able to be adjusted a multitude of ways. I’m confident this is solvable.

Pianist, teacher, occasional technician, internet addict.
Piano Review Editor - Acoustic and Digital Piano Buyer
Please visit my YouTube Channel
A
A
Originally Posted by terminaldegree
I’ve been playing the piano for 25 years but I never seen anything like that before. I encountered many adjustment and regulation problems in my life but nothing that prevented the key from coming down on the keybed.

Then you haven’t owned enough new acoustic grand pianos! I always end up needing to book one longer service in the first year to have the regulation dialed in. Once the initial break in and adjustment is done, things are usually stable for quite a while.

Grand piano actions like yours are able to be adjusted a multitude of ways. I’m confident this is solvable.

You’re probably right about the the number of grand pianos I’ve owned smile I’m only surprised that the possibility of encountering major issues like the one I have is not reported at all (at least I wasn’t able to find any information about this specific malfunction concerning the Novus) I also hope this is solvable. Thank you for your reply

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
I've reproed this issue in my Yamaha AvantGrand N3X. It's not reproducing 100% of the time though.

I never noticed this until your post.

Piano: 1982 NY Steinway Model B, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X
VST(preference in order): VSL Synchron Pianos, Vienna Imperial, Garritan CFX, VI Labs Modern U, Ivory II American Concert D, Pianoteq
A
A
Originally Posted by Harpuia
I've reproed this issue in my Yamaha AvantGrand N3X. It's not reproducing 100% of the time though.

I never noticed this until your post.

Yes, it’s exactly the same issue and like in my case it seems to be systemic, spread over the whole action.

Page 213 of 302 1 2 211 212 213 214 215 301 302

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission