2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (AlkansBookcase, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, 15 invisible), 1,825 guests, and 284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by MelodicRevengexX
I don't have time nor the want for childish people like you who wear rose tinted glasses towards the people you like. I'm a realist, and the truth is. The first guy started it, and he decided to tag along and join in on being rude. I've done nothing but be polite to EVERYONE since I joined this forum in 2018. Go ahead, read through my previous posts and find ANY argument.

To forum members other than the afore quoted, here goes my suggestion:
[Linked Image]

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
It's time for Pete14 to inject some humor here.
And what's more ... peterws is overdue for the same.

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Isn’t it odd when the pot calls the kettle black?

He’s calling ‘us’ rude yet he’s the true jerk! lol, lmao, “laughs hysterically”, rotfl.....
I just can’t keep up with these millennials and their shortcomings (no wonder they can’t spell; always condensing and simplifying), but I’ve said too much; lol!
I’m perhaps too sensible for this forum.

P.S.

We love James! smile

J
J
I feel like your rage over trying to find two keyboards in one has been... pushed onto us. Jokes exist, by the way.

Finally bought the P515
B
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
B
OK folks, let's get back to talking about Yamaha keyboards or this one is done.

Greg
Originally Posted by MelodicRevengexX
... I just expect MORE nice people on a PIANO forum than lets say... reddit, or a video game forum. lol Hopefully the few bad nuts on this forum, are out shined by the many good nuts. smile

The problem is is that YOU are not being nice. Maybe through no fault of your own and you don't realize it, but you are being quite rude in some of your posts and there is no reason why you shouldn't expect the same in return.

There are no bad nuts on this forum, at least until recently.

John_C - Colorado Springs
OP Offline
You can close this post. Too many trolls and extremely delusional fragile keyboard warriors in the comments.

If people from hundreds of years ago, somehow mastered music theory, and without the internet?

We have no excuse today.
O
O
So, I am a total newbie to the forum, but to help get things back onto pianos.... please bear with me as I go through this. OP, please note that I've also been doing a ton of research on this, and I am going to recommend something you obviously know about - sorry in advance if that is not what you were hoping for.

You want an action that still is somewhat like a synth action, but a more piano-like feel.

You want a pitch bend wheel (you want two, but at least that one I presume).

You want a host of sounds.

You want a triple pedal unit.

You also seem to want something affordable.

I think the right choice my be the Yamaha DGX-660. 88 keys, the action is lighter than the GH3 or NWX, it has a pitch wheel, has a host of sounds, and can take at least a triple pedal unit and/or a controller (not sure if it can do both at once). It also has the exact screen you are looking for (you mentioned the DGX 660), it has direct USB recording, and the action is much more synth-like on the DGX. It also has the speakers and basically everything you were looking for. Plus, given that you are price conscious to the point that rental isn't an option, it's a bargain within your budget - you can buy several fantastic VST pianos with the leftover between that price and the fully kitted-out DGX-660. Your local retailer can probably put a package together for you.

I played the DGX and the P515 back to back last weekend, and decided what I want for me - I already have a synth, so I went with the P515. Given your desire for an action that is a quicker response, that would likely be the DGX.

Good luck with your search.

Last edited by ommoran; 08/21/20 09:49 PM.

An adult rediscovering piano.

Yamaha P515
Roland Juno-G
Akai Pro MPK Mini 2
Korg Nanokeys 2
OP Offline
Thanks to everyone who honestly helped me and was a nice person! I really appreciate you all! laugh AND a huge screw you to everyone who attempted to bully me in this post and the other post someone made, and be delusional and lie and say that I SOMEHOW started being rude first... I guess you're all cool with just making stuff up and sharing the made up experiance together like a bunch of psychopaths? LOL Is this the new version of the Mandela effect? Haha Lastly, at the person who said I did no research, OF COURSE I didn't do much research... WHY do you think I'm asking Q U E S T I O N S here?? It's part of my RESEARCH. LOL Morons. I swear. lol Also at the old person. Ok Boomer. laugh

I hope I don't run into to many more toxic people like most of you in this post, or I'll be leaving this site, and if I do? When anyone in the future asks me to recommend them to a piano site? I'll ALWAYS mention to avoid this site due to the toxic community who is apparently also ok with bullying someone who is just asking a simple question. smile (Someone made a separate post making fun of me after this, and the comments are filled with people making jokes about my posts and how I post questions about keyboards... All of that, over me trying to find a keyboard and gain knowledge... what no lifed, sad, sad losers those people are. Haha Sticks and stones as they say, I'm not really too bothered as I have thick skin. cool ) Anyways, I HOPE to stay on this site for years to come. smile I don't like drama, I like peace and music, among many, many other calming things. lol I'm a chill/funny/fun/extremely talented person, and I hope I can encounter more of the same NICE people that are like me. smile

Again, thank you to the few nice and awesome people who helped me out in this post! laugh

Last edited by MelodicRevengexX; 08/21/20 10:09 PM.

If people from hundreds of years ago, somehow mastered music theory, and without the internet?

We have no excuse today.
OP Offline
Hey thanks! laugh I was reallyyyyy close to getting the DGX 660... SO. CLOSE. lol BUT.. unfortunately, it's missing the modulation wheel, and the port for an expression pedal. frown Those are all extremely make or break to me honestly as I need to play A LOT of virtual midi instruments and NEED both wheels and an expression pedal no matter what. I need a keyboard that can do it all, well all as in, everything that I personally need it to do. lol as I can't afford to get stuck while in a work flow in the future. I know I can add pedals and stuff onto the keyboard using external midi devices but I want to limit the wires stretching across my room. lol I really appreciate you trying to help me! Unlike most of the other trolls in these comments. lol Thanks again! smile

We have no excuse today.
J
J
Wow. It's amazing how much can be made up in the mind when someone feels offended.

Finally bought the P515
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I am closing this thread.

Then I am closing the Williams Piano thread.

Imagine this. Someone sends moderator reports on this topic and MelodicRevengexX's posts. I look through the posts and wow, I guess his responses were disproportionate. So I send him a PM about it.

Imagine my surprise to have him point out to me that another entire topic was created to poke fun at him and that's why he SEEMED over the top.

SHAME ON ALL INVOLVED.

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission