2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
84 members (brendon, 8ude, Abdol, Alex_Ki, A Guy, bobrunyan, 23 invisible), 605 guests, and 486 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Recital #59 --- General Discussion Room
AB Forum Recital #3014536 08/16/20 10:52 AM
B
B
I know I won't have time to comment as much as I would like, but last night I put on the html player while I was reading and I was struck by this:

30. Snejana - Emerald Gem

Wow. That is a great piece. And I aspire to sound like that. Really nice.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
AB Forum Recital #3014561 08/16/20 12:11 PM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
23. PikaPianist - Piano Sonata No. 8, II. Adagio cantabile

Beautiful, you bring out the different voices nicely, from your description that was your intention. Well done.
Your Estonia sounds might fine.

24. Dani Cohen (Flygbladet) - Caprice, E-major (Op 44 No 12)

I love the background story you have for this piece. I'm super impressed that you have managed this level of playing with your Yamaha P45. Fantastic stuff. So well played and a great mood you bring to it.

25. thepianoplayer416 - Blue Skies

This to me feels like a piece heavy with melancholy, not sure how that fits with the title of tune. I enjoyed the listen nevertheless.

26. facdo - Nocturne in E minor, Op.72 No.1

I can feel the drama of this piece from the very first note. You do a great job at building tension. I really enjoyed it. Your piano might be out of tune, but it adds real depth of character to the piece. I hope to hear more of Chopin's nocturnes from you in the future.

27. Amy H - Letting It Go

Last recital, you introduced me to Alexis Ffrench, this time it is Peter Bence and it is beautiful and you have played it wonderfully with such sureness of touch and timing. You are fully in control.

28. Tim Adrianson - Where the Rivers Go

You have captured the deep well of sadness so well. Your piano at times feels like it is crying on your behalf. It is astounding really the depth of feeling that can be brought out of piano. Well played and interesting choice of music. Thank you.

29. wouter79 - Prelude KV397 and Fuga Op.822

Mozart Prelude, well played, capturing really well the change of moods and you are always in control of what you are playing.
Czerny Fuga, once again well played. Though i do feel a bit of a disconnect between these two pieces.

30. Snejana - Emerald Gem

Very meditative. It sounds wonderful. Are you using the Garageband Steinway grand in Garageband? Whatever you used feels like a good choice for the piece.

31. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - The Prophet Bird

I love this piece, and it is high up on my bucket list but I have to wait a few years yet.

You deal with the odd rhythms of it well and great use of dynamics. I really enjoyed listening to this. Wonderful.

AB Forum Recital #3014578 08/16/20 12:45 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Really Big Big Show !! ! Anyway first 10 impressive pianists!

01. psyche23 - Holiday in Paris Sounds great, very clean and smooth .exact- and beautifully played . Nice dainty piece too.

02. Calavera - Ending Theme [from Final Fantasy X] Long challenging piece , dynamics-at 418 and so on WOW! are really effective . Nice listening experience.

03. MarieJ - Elegy for the Arctic Strong sound and playing . Didn't know about the backdrop from Einaudi's video. Something I'll have to look up to increase global awareness...really enjoyed the piece and sound.

04. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in F minor Very professional playing and touch .. This would impossible for me to play ... right now, appreciate the listening.

05. KevinM - Nocturne No. 20 in C Sharp Minor Post.
This is beautiful! and so delicately played. Great piano [ vst ] sound . Enjoyed this. Still the somber ness comes through .. Interesting that Chopin was a nationalist and also a Romantic. The mindsets seem to be opposites- at least nowadays. Nonetheless he was passionate.

06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss - impressive playing, the quick fiery tempo, and acoustic sound. . As an improv, it flows well and resolves . And to mention ...if chasing bliss makes one happy... Why Not? (I'm parroting a Cheryl Crow lyric!) But I get the fiery tempo and bliss ambience to this piece. Good Playing! Enjoyed the piece.

07. selfishplayer - Keyboard Concerto No.1 in D Minor BWV 1052 1st Movement Allegro Piano Solo Had to the video on this! It's really challenging playing to an extreme.... I bet you a more dynamic place mic would really make this recording something to hear! Especially the playing at 3:15 - 4:30 Anyway impressive.... like this... Especially the acoustic sound.

08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one" Wow,,, reeally improv. nice acoustic sound... quick ....though not familiar with Finnegan's Wake.

09. SwissMS/Doris - Intermezzo in A Minor Op. 76 # 7 This was beautiful and soothing.. Played well and enjoyable to watch and hear. (the video) .. and like the look of the piano too! (so shallow I guess) but I did!

10. Ruth CM - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt. (No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2) Might be your last choice but very well played! The touch phrasing was really effective! Enjoyed the listen!.

More Later.....

AB Forum Recital #3014581 08/16/20 12:57 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
01. psyche23 - Holiday in Paris

Very nice. Dynamics sounded pretty good to me. Maybe there is something in Audacity you can use to expand it.

02. Calavera - Ending Theme [from Final Fantasy X]

Sounded really nice. I know nothing about Final Fantasy smile

03. MarieJ - Elegy for the Arctic

Can't have a recital without Einaudi! I really enjoyed this. Another Einaudi piece I'd like to play. Guess I'll have to buy another piano book for my collection.

04. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in F minor

I never heard this piece before. Thanks for the introduction to it! You played it well. Good luck on the exam!

Well played, Kevin! Enjoyed your video. Grateful this piece was published!

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #3014590 08/16/20 02:00 PM
31. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - The Prophet Bird nice music , nice playing

32. Tootles - With Star and Wind A lovely piece very well played

33. AssociateX(Liz) - Etude in F minor Op. 10 # 9 I never have luck to fully learn a single Chopin piece yet . It's a huge achievement to play one for beginner or intermediate learners . Your playing is good enough regrading to your experience . There surely are some wrong notes and glitches . But musically very expressive .I'm sure you can polish it and fix all the flaws .

34. JoBert - Genesis nice music , nice playing .

35. Jerzyk19 - Nocturne Op.72 No.1 in E minor Listened several times, Your playing perfectly brought out the beautiful melody . Your upright piano sound is also superb .(wait..the blurry logo..it's a highend roland digital piano...no wonder🤣) .

36. zsolpyW - Umowilem sie z nia na 9 not fan of this piece no comment

37. ShiroKuro - Moments unfamiliar piece but the melody is quite impressive. very nice playing.

38. Mosotti - Scherzo from Sonata in F Major, Hob XVI.9 Your skill is very solid . regarding your experience is just <3y , incredible .

39. PianoPrimo - My Heart Will Go On Love Theme from Titanic nice music, nice playing .

40. Pathbreaker - op. 39 Waltzes 3 and 5 One of my favorites of this recital .

I are an shellfish player , My dream am became a piantist on the future .
My Piano Progress
AB Forum Recital #3014658 08/16/20 05:23 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I hope you aren’t too critical of your playing here because I think it’s very satisfying from the listener side. There’s a lot that you were feeling when you performed this and I think that a variety of those feelings do come through. It’s not possible to have total control over how much of this or that, but trust that the right amount is in there.

02. Calavera - Ending Theme [from Final Fantasy X]
I played through this game. (I also played Final Fantasy 7 and Tactics but none of the others)
I only remember the opening theme and I do hear that in this piece too. Definitely brings back some memories. I don’t really remember the rest. You’ve done a good job with this overall. Did you add additional reverb or is that just the pedal? Some parts around 5:17 or so seem to have a lot of pedal. They don’t really get in the way but I’m just curious

03. MarieJ - Elegy for the Arctic
Wow. Quite an atmosphere in this music. Very impressive performance, especially in the more involved/turbulent middle section.

I don’t think I’ve heard this one. I listened a couple times. First to the mp3 and then the video. I like how you have both the video of you playing along with the score. You did a good job with this one. It looks like it’s very challenging to phrase this properly. At least for me personally I find Chopin quite difficult to properly perform. I would comment on some differences in your playing from the score but I don’t know if the difference is due to your playing or that the other version is in sync with what you’re doing. But this is why I like to listen to the mp3 without “distractions” like the score. wink

There are many elements in this piece that I think benefit from taking your time. In this, you’ve made sure not to rush and I like that. I do think it would benefit from more “motion,” which probably would require slightly increasing the tempo. You are quite accurate in your playing here and that includes some of the rhythmic elements. I think it would be ok to sacrifice some of that accuracy in favor of clearer melodic lines and phrasing. It’s very difficult to do that with your tempo but at the same time I think you did a great job with something at or just above your limits.
I love learning music that is just above my limits (sometimes it’s been way above but that’s another story). I think there’s great satisfaction in pushing yourself in this way and then finding you have improved at the end. As you continue working on this one or when you approach it again in the future, it will definitely become more comfortable. That comfort will bring more freedom of expression. You can certainly play it now, and it will only get better.

06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss
Yes! You know how to tell a story with music. That’s very rare in my opinion. Actually it’s rare for someone to be able to tell a story in any medium. I was grabbed by the first measure if of this piece. The piece is strongly anchored by whatever note you’ve opened with. For me it gives it a structure and meaning in this sort of “home base.” I also feel like there’s a distance or creation of space. The first section of the piece is wide open and could go on at great length. I really like that kind of sound. Something like George Winston or Peter Kater do when it feels like the music is being stretched out. Not sure if any of that makes sense. The video enhances the abstract idea of nature in this music.

07. selfishplayer - Keyboard Concerto No.1 in D Minor BWV 1052 1st Movement Allegro Piano Solo
This is a great piece. Option #3 is the very best choice so thanks for that. I can tell you’re way more comfortable in some parts compared to others. Or you got more comfortable after the beginning. The middle of the piece was fine to listen to. Overall you must have put a lot of effort into learning this. If I can offer anything, I would say to divide out the more difficult sections into tiny chunks. Master every chunk and then start putting those together. Slow them down to a crawl and even do hands separate so that you can overcome each of those challenges. You will end up memorizing these parts better when you’re done with that and you will properly improve your technique in the parts where it’s new technique for you. This will minimize bad habits when compared to powering your way through. But overall you did a decent job even if you had to power through the beginning and end.

08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one"
This seems to have an industrial kind of sound. The repetition of notes gives it a very restless nature. Not sure if that’s the intent but that’s what I’m hearing. It does give way to a more calming or romantic sound. Very thankful for that variety. Later in the piece you’re giving, at times, more space for the music to breathe. That’s some much needed contrast that gives the overall piece more value. I like how you finish the piece too.

09. SwissMS/Doris - Intermezzo in A Minor Op. 76 # 7
So good! I’ve heard this one plenty of times but I want to play this now that I’ve heard you play it. I’m a pretty good judge of what I like in Brahms. I don’t know how to describe what you’ve done here but it works and it’s very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

10. Ruth CM - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt. (No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2)
No apology needed for playing this one. I had a similar feeling when my teacher suggested that I play this. But I decided to accept the challenge and found it to be hugely rewarding. Just because others have played it doesn’t mean you don’t get to enjoy it too! Hearing it is one thing but playing it is another.
You have a shape and direction to the music that works really well. Not rushed, the tempo is great. The middle is perfect. Just the right amount of searching and misdirection. In the closing section I can feel that you are guiding us there. Your interpretation and playing work well here and you’ve given us a reason to listen to this, again.

selfishplayer #3014702 08/16/20 07:48 PM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by selfishplayer
Originally Posted by selfishplayer
06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss The recording is a bit noisy, and I'm not a fan of this type of musics, but your technique is excellent . sparkling , fluent .

This need to got corrected , sorry my bad. I rushed to listened all submissions in short time that I kept multiple videos and audios page open at the same time, I mistook another submission(n51) as this one .
Now this is my sincere comment on this piece after listened 2 times carefully : It's amazing ,surreal , mysterious , timeless .

Ha, ha, thanks. I actually read your comment and went back to listen to my piece wondering what you meant by "Noisy".

AB Forum Recital #3014706 08/16/20 08:19 PM
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
1. psyche23 – Holiday in Paris – lovely, and well-played. Yes, the wistfulness, with the gaiety happening as you remember particular events.

2. Calavera – Ending Theme – I don’t know Final Fantasy, but this sounds like someone bidding good-bye to a rather special – adventurous? – time in their life. Moving on. Wonderfully played. Nice dynamics – appropriately dramatic.

3. MarieJ – Elegy for the Arctic – You have the essence of this piece down – I’m impressed with your phrasing, dynamics, sensitivity. I sent a link to this recital to a friend, and this is a piece she might like to play.

4. Peter Hontaru – Waltz in F minor – an assured performance. Very nice ornaments – not my forte. Well done.

5. KevinM – Nocturne No. 20 – Isn’t it fun to play a challenging piece, and to do it for a recording! You must be really pleased with how well this went. But – you made me homesick for concerts in small venues with wonderful music – alas, in these times I don’t know when those will happen again ☹ But music online, whether ragtime or ABF recitals, helps to keep my chin up. This was lovely.

6. Peyton – Chasing Bliss – I like the constantly moving bass against the melody in the right, and the switch! laugh Maybe alternately frantically chasing bliss, and stopping with your hands on your knees and trying to get your breath back while the desire is still there laugh I’m always amazed at your multiple talents.

7. selfishplayer – Keyboard Concerto No. 1 – I think I would have liked this a little slower, with some room to savor the interplay of the voices. But holding it together for 7+ minutes is quite an accomplishment!

8. Ted Jones – prankqueen – love that word laugh The beginning had me smiling as imagined the prankqueen tiptoeing around, barely containing laughter as she plans her prank. I liked the more lyrical part that followed but wasn’t sure what it said about the outcome of the prank 😊 The las was kind of ominous – yikes! You may not be intentionally telling a story, but I, perhaps old-fashionedly, listen that way.

9. SwissMS/Doris – Intermezzo in A Minor – I enjoyed the video – you have become so fluid over the years – all the care you take has really paid off. Yes, the voices wound around each other very nicely. And, as usual, I loved the way you brought out the bass.

10. Ruth CM – Moonlight Sonata – This is such a lovely piece and you played it with such a nice contemplative feel. Well worth hearing again.

11. jazzyprof – Lift Every Voice and Sing – I love the celebration in your playing! And the hymn harmonies. It was like having robed choir singing out joyfully. Wonderful!

12. Animisha – Mornig Glories – Martha Mier’s da bomb, isn’t she. The way you played this had just the right feel for the title – a bright and beautiful morning coming on.

13. Serge88 – As Time Goes By – you made this swing so well, and a great arrangement, too. Bravo.

14. Jason Lenthe – La Fille auz Cheveux de Lin – Another assured performance. Very nice phrasing and a delicate feel on the high notes that was well done.

15. pianist685 – Minuet in g minor – I like music from this era, and you played this with great care and respect for the piece. Nicely done.

I think I've liked the selections in this recital more than many of the other recitals. I'm looking forward to a couple of more listening sessions.

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
AB Forum Recital #3014714 08/16/20 08:52 PM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss

Amazing talent, Peyton. Cool video. Wish I could make up stuff to play smile

Another self composition. You guys are amazing!

Enjoyed your video, Doris! Nicely played. I hadn't heard this before.

Hi SoCal Neighbor! Well played, Ruth. Enjoyed listening to your performance.

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]
AB Forum Recital #3014724 08/16/20 09:34 PM
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Thanks again, Sam, for administering this great recital. Your work thru the years is appreciated.

Qwerty53 - love the story! As for hula-hooping - I do try to make both directions work. I've been at it about a month and a half now and - I think my average number of loops is increasing, and sometimes is pretty high. I could do this easily when I was a kid but about 7 or 8 years ago my ability to bring back stuff from when I was young started to decline. sigh. This being almost 3/4 of a century old has some drawbacks laugh I overthink it, for sure, but I'm persistent and I think it'll finally become much easier smile Gets me out of the house anyway.

Amy H - It is fun to play, I liked it from when I first heard it and now I've found several renditions on youtube. I think what I managed to play was pretty good, but I don't know it well enough to hold it together, much less do some variations, thru a complete cycle. But I will!

Ted - thanks. It does seem ragtime and I are sympatico. I think I first heard it in the old Shakey's pizza parlors a *long* time ago, and it's apparently stayed with me all this time!

Thanks, all.

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
piano_primo #3014730 08/16/20 10:05 PM
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by piano_primo
08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one" Wow,,, reeally improv. nice acoustic sound... quick ....though not familiar with Finnegan's Wake.

Thanks for listening and commenting. Finnegans Wake is a huge and delightful book, the sort you keep returning to. There is no particular connection with Joyce's language other than my having thought about it as I listened afterwards.

"We shall always love the music of the masters, but they are all dead and now it's our turn." - Llewelyn Jones, my piano teacher
jotur #3014759 08/17/20 12:22 AM
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Pathbreaker
This seems to have an industrial kind of sound. The repetition of notes gives it a very restless nature. Not sure if that’s the intent but that’s what I’m hearing. It does give way to a more calming or romantic sound. Very thankful for that variety. Later in the piece you’re giving, at times, more space for the music to breathe. That’s some much needed contrast that gives the overall piece more value. I like how you finish the piece too.

Thank you for listening so attentively. I spent thirty years working at a factory and it would not surprise me if a few of its sounds entered my music in various ways, although it has never been my intention to imitate anything. Variety and contrast are important to me too. Beginnings and endings are my weak points so I am particularly pleased you like the ending.

Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
Another self composition. You guys are amazing!

Free improvisation is really nothing more than a personal habit established over many years. A series of lucky events pushed my music in that direction. Thanks for listening.
Originally Posted by jotur
8. Ted Jones – prankqueen – love that word laugh The beginning had me smiling as imagined the prankqueen tiptoeing around, barely containing laughter as she plans her prank. I liked the more lyrical part that followed but wasn’t sure what it said about the outcome of the prank 😊 The las was kind of ominous – yikes! You may not be intentionally telling a story, but I, perhaps old-fashionedly, listen that way.

The word, along with thousands of others, was invented by James Joyce in Finnegans Wake in the first chapter. It might have some bearing on Irish mythology, I don't know; if so it is likely explained on the internet somewhere. The prankquean is loosely analogous to the wicked queen in fairy tales, asking questions of the mirror on the wall, only Joyce weaves it into abstract word-play. I have always felt that listeners should allow their minds to run free and impose whatever stories and images present themselves. Thanks for listening.

"We shall always love the music of the masters, but they are all dead and now it's our turn." - Llewelyn Jones, my piano teacher
AB Forum Recital #3014774 08/17/20 02:30 AM
F
F
Thank you all for listening. I will continue my report on the rest when I have more time.
Just wanted to answer a question and set some things in order. No my teacher as a kid did not introduce me to Sinding. I got his big pile of notebook.they are like 700 pages and was printed in 1920's.
Whats fsdcinating is that amongst things that are still part of the repertoir today there are also some truly forgotteb gems. Among them this one.
Sindimg wad later fallen out of grace cause he joined the nazi party in Norway. Two weeks prior to his death.

Its uncertain if he really did though. No records exist with his nameprint and he was senile at the time. So it might have been a bit unfair.
Anyhow.. thank you for your comments.

Oh and mever thought the p45 was a bad instrument. Cheap yes and not a stage instrument. But it got all I need. It got full sized weighted keys 88 of them and a sound thats on pair with a normal piano.
I might not be that impressed with the touchresponse it could have been even more sensitive - but as far as me as an amateur. Its better than the no piano period... smile

Last edited by Flygbladet; 08/17/20 02:33 AM.
AB Forum Recital #3014787 08/17/20 04:49 AM
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
53. winterflower - escapes/escapades

Keep improvising freely, perhaps a little each day. It is nothing like learning pieces. It is an ongoing, lifelong habit which builds up gradually over a long time and eventually becomes immensely rewarding. I would quietly suggest that neither speed nor cohesion are essential in the very early stages. All that is necessary at first is to get some sort of flow going, any sort of flow. Don't worry about prerequisites such as acquiring a stupendous technique or learning thousands of chords and scales. Operate with whatever technique you have, listen to the voice within you and have the confidence to be yourself and play the sounds you alone enjoy. It doesn't matter what other people think. Listen to plenty of music of all sorts but take what you want from it for your own purposes. Imitating someone else, famous or not, is just living someone else's dream. There are no rights and wrongs about it. I can hear that you are saying something when you play so just keep at it, experiment freely all the time, a little a day, and over time things will happen.

Last edited by Ted; 08/17/20 04:49 AM.

AB Forum Recital #3014800 08/17/20 07:33 AM
F
F
Another batch of feedback.
Please excuse my spelling errors. 1st english is not my first language. 2nd writing this from a phone.

21. QuasiUnaFantasia - Waltz op. 39 no. 15 What a wonderful recording. Great piano. And great performance. My only recommendation is some practice with the sustainpedal. But yeah. Thats a hard one I know. Truly many many thanx for your performance

22. peterws – Sicilliano (to do)
Good recording. You really did this one well. It flows perfectly natural. No need to talk down on yourself.

23. PikaPianist - Piano Sonata No. 8, II. Adagio cantabile (to do)
Oh my god you woke memories. I did this one as a teenager too. You played this really good and a good recording. This was not how I remembered playing the ornaments but yours might even better. You are really really good. Might have increased the speed 4 minuts in that I would have liked to calm down. But now I’m just being picky mostly because I have such a forgotten relationship with it. You did it so well. And your experimentation too.

25. thepianoplayer416 - Blue Skies. Not that inspiring sheet music for this song but you did it very well. And good choice of optimism too.

26. facdo - Nocturne in E minor, Op.72 No.1
What an excellent player you are for only 2 years. Applauds. Your piano could use a tuning. And that’s it. Your hands are worthy a better instrument.

27. Amy H - Letting It Go (to do) Sometimes I can with ease imagine that I do indeed listen to a professional recording of a song. Yours was one. You seem to know this one so well as your fingers just play the tunes and could put all your effort on doing the phrasing and thinking about the feeling of the song. Good work. Havent heard the original but I am satisfied with your version.

28. Tim Adrianson - Where the Rivers Go
Have to admit this was not my kind of music. But it is impressive to do such a good recording of a song that lasts almost a full 9 minuts.

29. wouter79 - Prelude KV397 and Fuga Op.822
Anothet really long åreformance. It is hard to keep it good and consistent for 9 minuts. You did very well. But was thinking could the fuga be better if ypu speed it up some?

30. Snejana - Emerald Gem (to do)
Thank you. Well played. Sounded good - nice backgroumd easy piano listening. You did well with this one.

AB Forum Recital #3014805 08/17/20 08:08 AM
S
S
I decided to sit this one out without submitting anything. But I’m enjoying listening. Here are some of the highlights I’ve found thus far...

I had never heard this little piece before, but I enjoyed your performance of it. I especially liked the little whole tone scale cadenza at the end.

15. pianist685 (Constantin) - Minuet in g minor, HWV 434/4
I enjoyed your performance of this piece—even if the piece itself made me feel a bit sad. Good work!

20. Rich D. - Preludio En La Noche (Prelude In The Night)
Another piece I had never heard before. I liked both the composition and your performance of it. Nice work. And thank you for introducing me to this piece.

22. peterws - Siciliano
Haven’t heard you play anything like this before, Peter. And I think you did a really nice job with it! As for it taking you 3 years to learn, take heart: Bach always requires oodles of time for most of us who undertake to learn his work.

24. Dani Cohen (Flygbladet) - Caprice, E-major (Op 44 No 12)
And yet another piece with which I was previously unfamiliar. Really good work with this this, Dani! I think that playing those cascading arpeggios evenly throughout (as you did) would not be easy. Nice job!

27. Amy H - Letting It Go
I enjoyed your performance. You played this piece well and with confidence.

AB Forum Recital #3014834 08/17/20 09:11 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
05 KevinM – Chopin nocturne C# minor Very beautiful and with perfect expression. I love that fantastic soft g# at 2:47 and your runs at the end. Your trills are so much better than in the previous version. Still, I would prefer some more rubato and some more changes in dynamics, e.g. I would play 1:08 really forte.

07 Selfishplayer – 1st Mvmt of Keyboard Concerto #1 by Bach Those fast Bach things are quite difficult, I know why I have enormous respect for Bach.

24 Flygbladet – Caprice E major (Sinding) Thanks for this truly marvellous rendition of a less famous Sinding tune. It is a pity that only few people are aware what beautiful music the Norwegian composer Christian Sinding wrote – he is as good as Grieg. You are definitely a rather skilled if not a professional pianist and are bringing out the melody above the broken chords in an impressive manner. I have listened to your recording four times. Did you play the broken chords with the left hand only, or did you split parts of this accompaniment and let the right hand help out at some points?

27 AmyH – Letting it go (Peter Bence) I just read Peter Bence holds the Guinness world record for being the fastest piano player in the world. Haha, is he able to play Chopin’s minute waltz in 10 seconds or so? From the small video sequences on his website I would say he is definitely a showman in every way. Your rendition of “Letting it go” is perfect, I cannot imagine Peter is playing it any better.

49 Jotur – Creole Bells Rather fun to listen to. Ragtime, yeah! Hula hoop is fun as well.

52 Qwerty53 – Sentimental Waltz (Granados) A very beautiful and romantic, slow piece, indeed. Wow, you have been working on this piece for more than one year… You must really be very motivated, only very few people have such power of endurance. A perfect recording will never exist, and the more often one listens to one’s recordings the stronger becomes the wish to improve. That is quite normal.

Pianist685 #3014837 08/17/20 09:36 AM
F
F
Originally Posted by Pianist685
24 Flygbladet – Caprice E major (Sinding) Thanks for this truly marvellous rendition of a less famous Sinding tune. It is a pity that only few people are aware what beautiful music the Norwegian composer Christian Sinding wrote – he is as good as Grieg. You are definitely a rather skilled if not a professional pianist and are bringing out the melody above the broken chords in an impressive manner. I have listened to your recording four times. Did you play the broken chords with the left hand only, or did you split parts of this accompaniment and let the right hand help out at some points?

Oh I am truly honored. But it isnt that difficult and it was fun.
On your question. Actually its the oppositr. The right hand is involved in the arpeggios most of the time (and should be according to how its written). There are four or five times only that you are to do the arpeggios with the left hand only. I am glad you didnt spot those instances.

jotur #3014851 08/17/20 10:34 AM

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member
Jotur, more of the words to Creole Belle have been coming back to me:

Give me red lipstick
Bright poppy rouge
Shingle-bob haircut
And a shot of good booze!

Hurry down sweet daddy
Don't you stay too long
If you come too late
Sweet mama may be gone.

That's tellin' him!
Enjoy!

Goodbye Mister Upright (Yamaha YUS5), hello Estonia L168.
AB Forum Recital #3014853 08/17/20 10:56 AM
500 Post Club Member
Online Content
500 Post Club Member
Another great recital. smile Here's my first batch of comments.

Very impressive playing for your third year. Good work! As for the recording itself, I perceived a high pitched noise of some sort, like a resonance.

A convincing performance; I think you have a very good grip on this. The slow tempo requires careful control of the rythm, and you had that.

07. selfishplayer - Keyboard Concerto No.1 in D Minor BWV 1052 1st Movement Allegro Piano Solo
What a massive effort on a seriously fast piece. Impressive!

It exudes a sense of sadness with a "grin and bear it" feel. Lovely done!

That piece is pure genious and can never be overplayed (says the guy who plays it twice a week). It was a pleasure listening to your version. Great right pinkie strength; the melody came through brilliantly!

14. Jason Lenthe - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin
Nice performance. I really like your broken chords.

15. pianist685 (Constantin) - Minuet in g minor, HWV 434/4
Very beautiful, and very sad.

16. Lanky Pianist - Sonatina in G Major 1st Movement (Moderato)
You may not quite have gotten it how you wanted it, but I thought it worked very well. Good steady tempo and consistent touch. Well done!

18. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - To a Wild Rose (Op. 51, No. 1)
I've heard about this piece before, but this was the first time I actually heard it. Quite a pleasing, tranquil melody. Well played!

19. rwsavory - Prelude in C Major - WTC 1
Excellent. Right at the tempo I prefer it.

More to come.

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.0 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
(ad) SWEETWATER Cyber Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
CLP 735 vs CA49 vs HP704
by Einaudio - 12/02/20 02:49 PM
Is there a term for this?
by TBell - 12/02/20 02:04 PM
Something cheerful, please!
by gooddog - 12/02/20 01:53 PM
Corona Virus Lock Down....
by Duaner - 12/02/20 12:49 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,213
Posts3,029,683
Members99,449
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission