2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
49 members (Colin Miles, Anglagard44, Burkey, ando, ChrisGoesPiano, Adam Edin, Catlady, brennbaer, 12 invisible), 480 guests, and 502 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Recital #59 --- General Discussion Room
Gary001 #3014360 08/15/20 06:52 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Gary001
There's a nice wide range of experience in this recital, should provide some interesting listening. Well done to everyone for putting the time in to record and submit a piece, regardless of experience. I may not comment on every piece but I do plan to listen to every one so wanted to thank everyone in advance.

39. PianoPrimo - My Heart Will Go On Love Theme from Titanic

Sorry everyone, I had to skip straight to the Titanic piece smile

Nicely played....

41. Gary001 - Hymn to the Sea from Titanic I think it fair to respond "in kind" quickly.- Thank You for you kind comments... and- I like this ambiance you captured with the touch and dynamics. Especially at 3:39 and forward. Honestly, I'm starting to appreciate the feel of a piece more than the "wow" factor...perhaps I always did so , but this certainly fit the bill. Really good playing and emotive quality to this ... Enjoyed it . Also quite a long playtime which is a challenge in itself but you rose to complete it ... nice work.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
AB Forum Recital #3014362 08/15/20 06:52 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'll be posting more soon.....

Amy H #3014367 08/15/20 07:06 PM
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by psyche23
08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one" I wonder how people do this. Got real sense of you being in the moment, as it were. Very impressive Ted!

Originally Posted by Amy H
08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one" - Oo, an improvisation! Love the runs at the beginning. Brave to do improv - I can tell you’ve got plenty of experience under your belt! :-)

It is nothing more than a lifelong habit. Had I been any good at classical or jazz, or had I become professional as my teacher wished, it wouldn't have happened. But as it is I am very sure the gain has outweighed the loss.

Originally Posted by selfishplayer
08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one" great piano skill . But the music is not my taste .

In art we should do exactly as we please and nothing else. It would be a dull world if everyone thought the same. Thanks for listening.

"We shall always love the music of the masters, but they are all dead and now it's our turn." - Llewelyn Jones, my piano teacher
selfishplayer #3014370 08/15/20 07:11 PM
06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss The recording is a bit noisy, and I'm not a fan of this type of musics, but your technique is excellent . sparkling , fluent .

This need to got corrected , sorry my bad. I rushed to listened all submissions in short time that I kept multiple videos and audios page open at the same time, I mistook another submission(n51) as this one .
Now this is my sincere comment on this piece after listened 2 times carefully : It's amazing ,surreal , mysterious , timeless .

I are an shellfish player , My dream am became a piantist on the future .
My Piano Progress
selfishplayer #3014388 08/15/20 08:29 PM
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss The recording is a bit noisy, and I'm not a fan of this type of musics, but your technique is excellent . sparkling , fluent .

This need to got corrected , sorry my bad. I rushed to listened all submissions in short time that I kept multiple videos and audios page open at the same time, I mistook another submission(n51) as this one .
Now this is my sincere comment on this piece after listened 2 times carefully : It's amazing ,surreal , mysterious , timeless .

Am I confused? Your comment on one submission was ‘I’m not a fan of Bach’ but haven’t you recorded three separate pieces by Bach?

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
AB Forum Recital #3014415 08/16/20 01:11 AM
F
F
Ok. This was my first recital so I thought if people take time to listen to my piece and comment I have to do the same.
I hope no one is offended. I am impressed by everyone who posted. Giving a perfomance is really a sort of naked and terrifying act ande everyone of you did very well.
When giving comments i try to give some tips and thoughts.

So here are the first 10.

01. psyche23 - Holiday in Paris what a lovely piece and a great performance. It feels a bit minimalistic like from a movie. Ypu play it to perfection and the recording is great. I might just as well have listened to a professional recording.

02. Calavera - Ending Theme [from Final Fantasy X]
Well done, you did it well. One small thought is the sustain-pedal. It sometimes get blurry but it could be due to the recording being run through midi and remastered. Meaning you might not here how the music is going to sound when made with a new piano-sound?

03. MarieJ - Elegy for the Arctic You did this one really good. Playing a piece with a lot of silence is intimidatingly easy and difficult at the same time. Every litle fail and every little nuance will be heard. And heard it was – in nothing but pure greatness. You really had made a very good rendition of this (havent heard it before).

04. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in F minor
AH… Chopin. Kudos. You have a nice recording there but do you feel a bit of uncomfort still with the piece? Its somewhat uneven at places – but I am allways impressed by anything Chopin played by anyone. Wish you good luck!

05. KevinM - Nocturne No. 20 in C Sharp Minor Post.
What a good Chopin tune. And not even the slightes of flaws (as far as I could hear). Such a performance. Especially kudos for the ending. If you want some sort of feed back I feel that you could well have been more free with stretching and contracting the trmpo. However i could herr a slight increase in tempo. Oh and maybe the ornamemt a bit faster.
And I am only saying this because you are allready doing this so good. Dont be afraid to play yourself in to the piece and let it have some real romantic uneven feeling and outburst in your fingers.

06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss
Sorry to hear about your hand. It takes guts to put your own music out there. And especially as you have these problems and a song with those fast small places in your right hand. I will not comment on your technique though. Since you wrote it thats how its gonna be played wink

07. selfishplayer - Keyboard Concerto No.1 in D Minor BWV 1052 1st Movement Allegro Piano Solo Good undertaking. Bach is sort of intimidating. The left and the right hand often need to do thing seperatly and sometimes having three or four voices working seperatly within the piece.
This wasnt flawless but getting a flawless performance is sort of extremly difficult. Recording one could be even harder.
Looking at your video i hear my teacher from so many many years ago telling me like an echo through time to lift my wrist. Dont have it resting on the piano. This could explain your difficulties you have with some part of this.
Keeping your wrist flat could help you. Do not know if you have a teacher or not – otherwise find some excersise for this on youtube. (Hope I didnt offend you in any way – I am impressed by your undertaking this one and think you got alot of it in a good way).

08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one"
An impro. As you are the one who made it that is probably the best way to play it. Its whimsical. And an impro is an impro though. Its often years of hard work to get to do an improvisation but not something ypu practice for doing that particulure improvisation.

09. SwissMS/Doris - Intermezzo in A Minor Op. 76 # 7
Good work. Never played Brahms myself. Thought you did a good job. Maybe would have wanted more sustain pedal or use of more legatos on some places. But very skillfully played.

10. Ruth CM - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt. (No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2)
Oh yes. We hear this thousands and thousands of times
And most of us have played it. And dont all our mothers want to hear this one? wink
You did it very well and with ease and well within your comfort zone I could tell. (The middle part about 2-3 minutes in is my favourite part)

AB Forum Recital #3014425 08/16/20 02:41 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
1 psyche23 – Holiday in Paris This is a truly wonderful tune and perfectly played. I enjoyed it very much and listened to it twice. The dynamics are okay, at least to my ears, but you might get an even better result if you use the recording function of your DP and copy the original wav file to a USB stick, if that is possible with your instrument.

9 SwissMS – Intermezzo A minor (Brahms) I did not know this one before, thanks for introducing. It is typically Brahms with warm and pleasant chords and a smoothly developing theme with small and subtle changes throughout the piece.

20 Rich D. - Preludio en la noche (Lecuona) What a beautiful piece played on a fantastic instrument by an amazing pianist! This is definitely something I must try myself if I can find the sheet music.

26 facdo – Chopin nocturne E minor Wonderful! I enjoyed your rendition very much, you are playing this piece very well and did the best that is possible on your small acoustic upright.

28 Tim – Where The Rivers Go (Picker) Hmmm, a monologue, yes, it might be something of the kind. Well, I have never heard of Tobias Picker – it is amazing how much interesting music you are finding and playing. The piece seems rather sad to me as well. Dare I say, IMO one must take a bit care not to let playing sad music on the piano become a habit. Though I am quite guilty of that myself, and there is so much beautiful sad piano music existing. But I hope a pianist’s life is not full of emotional pain, loneliness and yearning – or is it?

33 AssociatX (Liz) – Etude F minor (Chopin) Oh, it is that one. I recognized it at once, having heard it played by piano students at my local university of music before the Corona affair. You are coping with this difficult piece quite well. Congratulations.

44 Purrblast – Waltz E-flat major (Chopin) I knew this waltz before, it is more difficult than one might think (Chopin is never easy). I liked your rendition – it is very good for someone who is playing the piano for 2.5 years only.

55 Sam – Scarlatti Sonata K1 You are a fantastic harpsichordist and cope very well with those unweighted small keys. The echo effect with the upper keyboard is limited with the technical possibilities of an instrument from the Baroque era. Yes, quickly changing from one keyboard to the other is difficult and purely optional.

AB Forum Recital #3014426 08/16/20 02:42 AM
F
F
And now 11 to 20

11. jazzyprof - Lift Every Voice and Sing Good cause.
Well played. Maybe could have needed some more nuances?

12. Animisha - Morning Glories
Excellently played. Well done.

13. Serge88 - As Time Goes By
I also used this song as a sort of fun place to do improvisation and chords. Nice shifting between chords and good use of coloring chirds (not sure if I translated that term correctly from Swedish. )

14. Jason Lenthe - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin (to do)
You had me at Debussy. Lovely! I would have liked it softer but sometimes thats because of the recording or the piano. Other than that. Bravo!

15. pianist685 (Constantin) - Minuet in g minor, HWV 434/4 (to do)
You did this one very well. Thought you did the ornament and the phrasing very well in this one (and without a teacher to instruct?!)
Great work!

16. Lanky Pianist - Sonatina in G Major 1st Movement (Moderato) (to do) For only one year of playing. Very good.
Maybe a bit rough on the note but you do not fall and good playing.

17. Edmond Rhapsody - Korobeiniki
Back to Tetris. 
The use of rythm does take away your chance of freeing the song but its ok. Thank you for bringing me back to falling blocks and lining them up.

18. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - To a Wild Rose (Op. 51, No. 1)
Well played.
Wish you the best of of luck on your exam

19. rwsavory - Prelude in C Major - WTC 1 (to do)
A classic. I like this one and its extremly easy and also hard at the same time. I do belive this should be played faster to truly get the phrasing and the flow this piece deserves.
But well done on doing this one without hickups.

20. Rich D. - Preludio En La Noche (Prelude In The Night) (to do)
Never heard this one before. Nicely played. 

AB Forum Recital #3014432 08/16/20 03:13 AM
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
01. psyche23 - Holiday in Paris
What an evocative miniature, very well played.

This seems to be a recital for delightful miniatures I had not heard, well done.

An oldie but a goodie, sensitively played. Like Bridge's Rosemary, played by thousands but its charm is perennial.

20. Rich D. - Preludio En La Noche (Prelude In The Night)
You acutely articulate the deep sentiment of this piece.

22. peterws - Siciliano
Had I not known its origin I would have thought this quite modern, well played Peter.

24. Dani Cohen (Flygbladet) - Caprice, E-major (Op 44 No 12)
Another gem I had not heard. Sinding is not taken seriously by the diehards but I like him. As Henri Sauget said, there is such a thing as serious happiness in music.

49. jotur/Cathy Turner - Creole Belles
Keep right on with early ragtime, you seem built for it. I am ashamed to say I had to look up the composer on Wikipedia. Apparently this piece sold a million copies of sheet music, impressive in the era of Joplin and Scott, but I can understand why.

"We shall always love the music of the masters, but they are all dead and now it's our turn." - Llewelyn Jones, my piano teacher
AB Forum Recital #3014433 08/16/20 03:13 AM
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Greta99 - I was listening to this in the wee hours last night, didn't know what or who, but it spoke to me. I think you are an incredible musician.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
AB Forum Recital #3014440 08/16/20 03:47 AM
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Dani Cohen / Flygbadet - Christian Sindling piece.

Was this the forgotten composer your neighborhood tutor introduced you to (sorry, going from memory)? I looked him up on wikipedia and it said heir to Grieg. That seems apt, Grieg had such a way with melody--with 'the hook'--can you imagine if he'd have been around in the modern era? I get a vibe like that from Sindling, so I understand the comparison. Melodic, driving, danceable. But it's more than just melody and hook, it's a full-bodied thing with something deeper and unique, not sure what you call it. I'm glad you did this, it made me want to find something piano from Borodin to play for one of these recitals. I'm not sure that Borodin is as obscure as Sindling, but he's definitely not known for his solo piano oeuvre. Then again, I'm also not sure if any of it is interesting, so I'm now giving a listen. Maybe an odd connection to make, but there you have it.

Your playing is quite impeccable, wow! And what a good recording of what you play--I listen and it is clean and tight. I can admire each perfectly placed note as you intend. Isn't it funny how much the device, the space, and the recording of it can elevate the overall listening experience?

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
AB Forum Recital #3014450 08/16/20 04:39 AM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss

A wonderful composition, and such characterful playing that really gave your composition such life and vigour.

07. selfishplayer - Keyboard Concerto No.1 in D Minor BWV 1052 1st Movement Allegro Piano Solo

Bach has so many notes, with no time for a mental break. Keeping it together for over 7 minutes. Well done.

Each quarterly recital I enjoy your improvisation more. My brain is still searching for those patterns, they are almost there but not quite and yet I keep listening out for them. Wow what a change around 2:10.

09. SwissMS/Doris - Intermezzo in A Minor Op. 76 # 7

This is a wonderful piece and your playing does it justice. I really enjoyed listening to it. I hear at times an early 20th american composers sound like Gershwin.

10. Ruth CM - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt. (No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2)

I am not as jaundiced as many others, I think I've managed to not hear it so often even though I learnt it as a child. Your playing keeps me held, there is something captivating about the piece that demands you listen. Thanks for this recording.

11. jazzyprof - Lift Every Voice and Sing

Powerful characterful playing of this inspiring piece. Thanks for this and the reminder to keep on with the good fight.

Just beautiful Animisha, played perfectly.

AB Forum Recital #3014453 08/16/20 04:44 AM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
37. ShiroKuro - Moments

What a wonderful sound, your Yamaha is just right for this piece. Played with a beautiful delicate touch a steady rhythm and a tempo that moves things forward. I could imagine a light footed dancer moving around a room, taking advantage of the rhythm you bring out. I think I prefer the zoom recording. There are times with the iPhone recording the background noise fades in and out.

AB Forum Recital #3014454 08/16/20 05:22 AM
W
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
W
Very impressive overall!

it seems the level is going up

Also the average experience level seems to go up rapidly. The average experience level seems to be 10 years now for the first 30 submissions :-O (even when clamping the max #years to 20)

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
KevinM #3014457 08/16/20 05:35 AM
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by KevinM
Each quarterly recital I enjoy your improvisation more. My brain is still searching for those patterns, they are almost there but not quite and yet I keep listening out for them. Wow what a change around 2:10.

You are obviously a perceptive listener Kevin. I am not fond of structure in the sense of predefined rules or patterns, you know, bar of this, bar of that. I can do it, of course, I did it for decades, it is how I was taught in my youth; but these days I enjoy ambiguity, implication, surprise and a degree of roughness. Yes, I like sudden transitions of ideas like the one you heard. You can proceed by either contrast or similarity; I think interesting music of longer duration usually has a balance of both. "Patterns which are almost there but not quite" is an excellent description of the sort of music I like to play. Thanks for listening.

If anyone is curious to hear whole improvisations I posted the three sessions I recorded last week here: Tannochbrae Triptych

I am going berserk at the instrument during lockdown.

Last edited by Ted; 08/16/20 05:39 AM.

AB Forum Recital #3014461 08/16/20 06:09 AM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K

What a feeling of nostalgia and wistfulness this creates. A reminder of non-existent earlier times when everything was right with the world. Nicely played and I enjoyed the listen.

14. Jason Lenthe - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin

From the first note, this pulls you in. Lovely playing and your piano sounds wonderful.

15. pianist685 (Constantin) - Minuet in g minor, HWV 434/4

Haunting from the start. Wonderfully played, the ornaments and trills are played with perfect touch and sensitivity. A delight to listen to.

16. Lanky Pianist - Sonatina in G Major 1st Movement (Moderato)

You have a real sense of musicality and it shows in this sweet piece. Nice playing and I am looking forward to listening to future recordings from you.

AB Forum Recital #3014477 08/16/20 07:34 AM
Quick note for the recital organisers. The links to the streaming player for several recitals I tried on this page http://recitals.pianoworld.com/closed-recitals.php are broken including the current recital. Also the comment and recital thread links are linking to the same closed-recitals page.

As always there's some stand out recordings that I'm sure I'll listen to a few more times. Here's a few comments on randomly selected submissions. For anyone who's piece I've not specifically commented on, I'll just say, I enjoyed listening to each and every piece, even the ones that were not my style of music. Well done everyone.

01. psyche23 - Holiday in Paris

In some ways this reminded me of the movie "up". Having read your comments on the piece about wanting to play it with "wistfulness", to me at least, you achieved that, as that's kinda how I think about parts of the movie too.

02. Calavera - Ending Theme [from Final Fantasy X]

" a real treat to play." and to listen to.

How long did this piece take you to learn and polish to this standard?

03. MarieJ - Elegy for the Arctic

Quite a beautiful sounding piece. I'm glad you decided to share this despite your "fumbles" although I can't say I noticed, other than perhaps a very slight pause in the chord around 1:45. I particularly liked the way the piece sounds starting around the 1:20 mark.

I didn't twig this was by Einaudi until reading your comments, a far more interesting piece than his usual.

07. selfishplayer - Keyboard Concerto No.1 in D Minor BWV 1052 1st Movement Allegro Piano Solo

I'm not familiar with this piece so no comments on the actual playing other than, mistakes or not, getting through a bach piece alive is always an accomplishment smile

Short but sweet, nice rhythm and balance throughout.

Torn between commenting or pressing play again. Play it is.

16. Lanky Pianist - Sonatina in G Major 1st Movement (Moderato)

Welcome back to the piano and the PianoWorld recitals! I listen to pieces before reading the submitters info and was surprised by your limited time playing, you nailed the ornaments in the opening.

Regarding the recording, was it made using a phone? Given you have a digital piano, you can likely get a cleaner recording direct from the headphone output. One option is recording to the digital's internal memory then plug in your pc/phone to the headphone socket and play the recording back. Although whether you'll prefer the direct output vs having the room accoustics included, up to you smile

Enjoyed this piece, it's one I wouldn't mind learning at some point too.

I feel like I'm being picky adding this, but since you wanted technical feedback, some of the chords sound like they're coming in just a tad too early. Perhaps that's how the piece is supposed to be played, I'm not familiar with it, so forgive the comment if it is. For example 0:17 and 0:29 the chords feel ever so slightly early.

19. rwsavory - Prelude in C Major - WTC 1

Yes we've heard it a thousand times, maybe more... But it's such a nice Bach piece I doubt anyone will complain smile

You have a nice rhythm throughout, although the 2:27 to 2:31 section has a bit of a acceleration across it that feels a little out of place.

22. peterws - Siciliano

Time well spent.

26. facdo - Nocturne in E minor, Op.72 No.1

My knowledge of Nocturnes is currently zero, so I have no comments other than I enjoyed listening to this and would be interested in knowing your mic placement and whether you had the lid/front panel open or closed?

29. wouter79 - Prelude KV397 and Fuga Op.822

Nice playing and I found your comments on this piece quite interesting, thanks for taking the time to provide the extra information.

34. JoBert - Genesis

I agree about the movie soundtrack feel. You emphasised the dramatic parts with a nice amount of dynamics too.

37. ShiroKuro - Moments (to do)

I wouldn't worry about your mistakes, with the exception of a slight pause they went unnoticed smile That was a very pleasing piece to listen to.

50. Ralphiano - Musette in D Major

I remember learning this piece, quite a few both hand jumps that were tricky to learn. You've handled those well.

One area I'd suggest you focus on is playing some of the 1/4 notes a little less connected. Keep the 16th note runs legato, but try to make the left hand bass more stacato. I think you'll find it really livens up the piece.

54. BingoDingo - Prelude No. 22 in G Minor, Op. 87

Don't you just hate technical gremlins.

Recording issues aside, have you really only been playing 6 weeks? You should be incredibly pleased with your progress. It's certainly worth figuring out what is going on with your recording and recording the piece again for posteriry if you have time.

Last edited by Gary001; 08/16/20 07:34 AM.

Ex-member. As there's no delete account option, feel free to quote my posts but there will be no response.
AB Forum Recital #3014506 08/16/20 09:22 AM
P
Online Content
P
11. jazzyprof - Lift Every Voice and Sing I'm really pleased you posted the lyrics to this piece. Together with your strong, confident playing it encouraged me to seek out other renditions with the vocals.

12. Animisha - Morning Glories I had never heard of this piece or the composer until today but this is a lovely, sweet rendition.

13. Serge88 - As Time Goes By You played this with great aplomb. It has that sway, if you know what I mean.

14. Jason Lenthe - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin You gave the impression of being in complete control throughout, a very steady performance.

15. pianist685 (Constantin) - Minuet in g minor, HWV 434/4 I can only echo what other have said, this is a wonderful performance. I haven't played Handel since I was a teenager but this has persuaded to listen to more of his music. Thank you.

16. Lanky Pianist - Sonatina in G Major 1st Movement (Moderato) I really liked this piece, it reminds me of when I was a child. You did really well with this and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future!

17. Edmond Rhapsody - Korobeiniki As a fan of Classic Tetris (NES) I absolutely loved this. Sounded great on your P515 too.

18. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - To a Wild Rose (Op. 51, No. 1) Very calm and contemplative performance of this charming piece. Well done.

19. rwsavory - Prelude in C Major - WTC 1 You managed to maintain a nice tempo throughout, although there is a curious speeding up right near the end. But a solid rendition of a piece that everyone should experience on their classical piano journey.

20. Rich D. - Preludio En La Noche (Prelude In The Night) What a wonderful performance. I've never heard of this piece before so thank you for introducing me to it. You draw a beautiful sound out of your piano. Bravo!

AB Forum Recital #3014509 08/16/20 09:33 AM
21. QuasiUnaFantasia - Waltz op. 39 no. 15 Nice playing, I didn't feel any glitch at all .

22. peterws - Siciliano This piece is so mysterously beautiful ,you played flawlessly . I also tried to learn it 3 years ago the first time I heard this piece. I remember it was kind like a random Valentina listiza's video . But when I tried, it's quite hard . along with Air on G string which also sounds simple but plays quite difficult . I gave them up all . Your passion and hardwork on this piece is an inspiration for me to retry it some day .

23. PikaPianist - Piano Sonata No. 8, II. Adagio cantabile This is really a flawless recording for this piece from all aspects . great performance .

24. Dani Cohen (Flygbladet) - Caprice, E-major (Op 44 No 12) unfamiliar piece . But it sounds amazing . I can feel the virtuoso movement of your fingers on pianos . flawless technique.

25. thepianoplayer416 - Blue Skies audio a bit muddy .no comment, not a fan of skies .

26. facdo - Nocturne in E minor, Op.72 No.1 Nice playing , on upright piano, it still sounds convincing . I didn't spot any flaw or glitch , seems perfect .

27. Amy H - Letting It Go sounds pretty good .

29. wouter79 - Prelude KV397 and Fuga Op.822 nice piece, nicely played .

30. Snejana - Emerald Gem nicely played. no comment .not fan of meditative feeling .

28. Tim Adrianson - Where the Rivers Go (to do?) If anyone saw this comment , means I'm still listening to this piece at same moment .

I are an shellfish player , My dream am became a piantist on the future .
My Piano Progress
AB Forum Recital #3014533 08/16/20 10:48 AM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
17. Edmond Rhapsody - Korobeiniki

Oh what fun, I was addicted to Tetris when I was far older than I should have to a computer game. It was a PC DOS version that was incredibly responsive and I'm certain contained no music. I really enjoyed your playing. Thank you.

This is lovely Dan. What a beautiful tune and you captured the melody so well.

19. rwsavory - Prelude in C Major - WTC 1

It is lucky this is such a beautiful piece, we get to hear it so often with so many little variations. I enjoyed this.

20. Rich D. - Preludio En La Noche (Prelude In The Night)

That was really something special. Just beautiful. Thanks Rich.

21. QuasiUnaFantasia - Waltz op. 39 no. 15

I enjoyed that, though I don't understand why you haven't grown an extra pair of hands so you can place us the original. Well done it was played well with you single pair of hands.

22. peterws - Siciliano

This has a really interesting sound to it. Some odd rhythms and awkward timings which i think you managed well. Well played.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
(ad) SWEETWATER Cyber Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Best Headphones for Digital Piano - your experience
by lukasz-zsakul - 12/04/20 05:10 AM
Is the Hailun 218 solid spruce?
by Sonepica - 12/04/20 04:55 AM
Schiff talked about Bartók's style of playing
by symphonicdance - 12/04/20 01:46 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,253
Posts3,030,345
Members99,467
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission