2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, ChickenBrother, 9 invisible), 2,088 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Welcome to the General Discussion Room for the AB Forum Quarterly Recital #59!

Please use this room for any discussion of the pieces in Recital #59 that is taking place in the Main Recital Thread.

Discussions and replies can be posted at-will. Feel free to comment on any or all individual pieces. Some members offer comments on each submission individually; others offer general congratulations. Either approach is appropriate. Feel free to offer more specific, technical feedback if the participant had indicated that technical feedback was welcome.

For those who wish to comment on all pieces, a copy and paste template for offering feedback can be found here:

Recital #59 Response Template

Please use this thread only to discuss recital performances. If you have any comments or suggestions about ways to make the recital process better, please start a separate thread.

Enjoy the music!

Sam

G
Gary001
Unregistered
Gary001
Unregistered
G
There's a nice wide range of experience in this recital, should provide some interesting listening. Well done to everyone for putting the time in to record and submit a piece, regardless of experience. I may not comment on every piece but I do plan to listen to every one so wanted to thank everyone in advance.

39. PianoPrimo - My Heart Will Go On Love Theme from Titanic

Sorry everyone, I had to skip straight to the Titanic piece smile

Nicely played. I don't think the tempo is too slow, it's quite fitting. Good balance between the chords and melody too. I still struggle with that and on slower pieces it can stand out like a sore thumb for some time if a mistake is made.

There's really only one criticism, could do with trimming most of the silence after 3:50.

Had a quick watch of the video too, I think the piccolo sound may be an acquired taste smile Your playing though is nice enough that I didn't skip listening a 2nd time.

More to follow once I've had time to listen to everything. Just wanted to jump straight in with Titanic, couldn't help myself.

Last edited by Gary001; 08/15/20 08:33 AM.
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
I've only gotten to the first six, but this recital is getting off to a wonderful start! Congratulations to everyone who participated!! 3hearts

01. psyche23 - Holiday in Paris Lovely!

02. Calavera - Ending Theme [from Final Fantasy X] Very nicely played!

03. MarieJ - Elegy for the Arctic I love your playing of this, and your commentary! I agree on all counts. If there were any fumbles, you are probably the only person who can hear them, you played it beautifully! Also, hearing you play it makes me want to revisit it. I played it a few years ago, but that was before I had my current piano.

04. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in F minor that was very nicely played! If you're planning to use this for an exam piece, I'd say you're in good shape.

05. KevinM - Nocturne No. 20 in C Sharp Minor Post. I really enjoyed your playing, and also reading what you wrote. I didn't know that this piece was published against Chopin's wishes, it's funny to think that now! In any case, great recording!

06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss Peyton, that was wonderful, the composition and the playing! You've really done a nice job on both accounts. Near the beginning I was thinking "oh I'd like to play that" but as the piece went on that shifted to "oooh I could never play that!" -- it sounds quite challenging!! My heart breaks for you and your hand. I hope you help up quickly!

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Silver Supporter until Sept 10 2020
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
I stayed up late to submit my piece, and then I woke up early to find that Sam had been busy putting us all online. Thank you Sam!

Working my way backwards through the recital as I drink the first of my two coffees this morning, I begin here:

41. Gary001 - Hymn to the Sea from Titanic
Lovely! I may be the only person who has never seen the movie Titanic, but somehow I never knew it had such gentle music. You played it very well, evoking the waves of a faraway sea and long-ago memories.

42. Greta99 - Sonata in E minor, H.XVI No.34 - 3. Vivace molto
So jaunty! You really convey the “vivace” and you bring a lot of joy to your playing here. Brava!

43. lvojnovic - Sonata in D major, 2. movement
More Haydn, and what a contrast! Majestic. Your piano sounds beautiful. In the first measures I wondered if I was hearing a guitar (perhaps I have Julian Bream on my mind).

44. Purrblast - Sostenuto (KK IVb No. 10)
Thank you for bringing us this beautiful Chopin music from Warsaw. Your performance brings out a serene charm. Adding this one to my list!

45. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Nocturne in C sharp minor, Op. 27/1
Oh what a beautiful performance and I loved what you wrote about it. Those “rare moments when the universe momentarily makes sense” as you said: yes. That, exactly that. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us.

46. dumka1 - Arabesque 1
I so enjoyed hearing you play this! Isn’t it interesting how getting inside a piece by a composer we didn’t like that much can really open up new appreciation? Your pleasure in playing this music comes through. Nice performance!

47. Brian Moore - Minuet, French Suite 6
Hearing Bach makes the world a better place, and playing his music may have an even more profound effect. Well done, Brian; thank you for sharing this!

48. Tubbie0075 - Sonata in B minor Kp. 377
Some lively Scarlatti, and so well played. The more Scarlatti I hear in the recitals, the more I want to hear.

49. jotur/Cathy Turner - Creole Belles
This piece brings back memories! When I was 20 I knew a guy from New Orleans who used to sing, “My creole belle, I love her well, when stars do shine, I call her mine….” I always enjoy the repertoire you bring to the recitals and this is a particularly nice one. (How's the hula hoop? Do you find one direction easier than the other?)

50. Ralphiano - Musette in D Major
This one brings back another old memory, from somewhere near the middle of the last century: as a kid, I played this from the big red John Thompson book, but not nearly as well as you do. Glad you made it to the recital this time!

51. Tyrone Slothrop - La Caroline, Wq. 117/39, H. 98
What a lovely piece! You played it well, and I especially liked your command of dynamics (always more of a challenge for me than it seems like it should be!). Well done!

52. Qwerty53 - Sentimental Waltz, no. 6 from Valses Poeticos
(I was out of the room making my second café latte. Did I miss anything?)

53. winterflower - escapes/escapades
There is a wonderful variety of moods to your performance. I admire your ability to improvise; I hope we hear more in the future. Welcome to the last-minute club!

54. BingoDingo - Prelude No. 22 in G Minor, Op. 87
More new music! New to me, that is. Despite your difficulties with the recording I enjoyed your performance and now I want to hear more Shostakovich. And you should get a special badge for being the last to squeak in to the recital before the deadline! (Sam’s submission IS the deadline!)

55. Sam S - Sonata K1
So wonderful to have the opportunity to hear Scarlatti played on a beautiful harpsichord. Thank you for putting together the recital and for wrapping things up with a historical and musical flourish. Hope you are enjoying your post-graduate “ad lib” time at the keyboards!

Estonia 168 (she sings!), Kawaii Es-110 for late-night practice.
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Qwerty53
55. Sam S - Sonata K1
So wonderful to have the opportunity to hear Scarlatti played on a beautiful harpsichord. Thank you for putting together the recital and for wrapping things up with a historical and musical flourish. Hope you are enjoying your post-graduate “ad lib” time at the keyboards!

Thanks, but my performance is a great opportunity for everyone to test their listening skills. Can you tell that when I trill with my right hand, my left hand becomes uneven? When I am playing I can't hear it - but the recording doesn't lie...

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sam S
Thanks, but my performance is a great opportunity for everyone to test their listening skills. Can you tell that [something something something] .... When I am playing I can't hear it - but the recording doesn't lie...
Sam
Sam we don't actually WANT anyone to provide a Big Red Arrow pointing to one little shortcoming that few would otherwise notice!
Performers give us music where there had been silence, and for this I am grateful.

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Back with more comments on this wonderful recital! (And I just noticed that my previous set of comments nudged me into the "500 Post Club"!)

31. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - The Prophet Bird
I love hearing the bird! Beautiful. I’m amazed that you can manage this with just 9 fingers; I hope the tenth will soon be ready to join the team again. Great playing, as always. I’ve listened twice and I’ll be back for more.

32. Tootles - With Star and Wind
Beautifully played! It really sings. Nice to hear works by some less familiar composers.

33. AssociateX(Liz) - Etude in F minor Op. 10 # 9
Wild! What a piece! And you bring the right energy to it.

34. JoBert - Genesis
Yes, a fun piece, like so many of Martha Mier’s compositions! Your video made me wonder about the movie that is running in your head as you play. What were those white creatures?!? Enjoyed your performance!

35. Jerzyk19 - Nocturne Op.72 No.1 in E minor
Wonderful; your love for this piece comes through so well. Bravo!

36. zsolpyW - Umowilem sie z nia na 9
This is delightful! Could you translate the title for us, and tell us a bit about the composer? Beautifully played!

37. ShiroKuro - Moments
Alexis Ffrench is another composer new to me! Both recordings sounded good; I give the edge to the Zoom. How close to the piano was it; where was it placed? Lovely piece, well played. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn’t actually hear the cicadas! Maybe I’ll try again with headphones.

38. Mosotti - Scherzo from Sonata in F Major, Hob XVI.9
Well done! And welcome back to the keyboard after injury.

39. PianoPrimo - My Heart Will Go On Love Theme from Titanic
I preferred the “unadorned” where it is just you playing the piano; sounds great. I like the slower pace.

40. Pathbreaker - op. 39 Waltzes 3 and 5
These are lovely waltzes; very nice playing! With time you will have the whole suite in hand.

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Sam,
When I am playing I can't hear it - but the recording doesn't lie...
Story of my life!!

Qwerty53, thank you for your kind comments! Re the cicadas, I think when I rendered to mp4 and also exported from wav to mp3, the cicadas do get less noticeable. Also, they were super obvious in the space before I started playing, but I cut that off. Still, with these two files, I can only hear them with earbuds. Which, really, is for the best, they're very insistent! :P

Also, thank you for listening to both versions! The iPhone of course is over/above my right shoulder (using a tripod plus phone holder that allows me to turn it at an angle). The Zoom I had placed on the treble side, I have one of those foldable tv tray-table thingies, which is somewhat low, so I added two boxes to bring the Zoom up above the level of the base of music desk but not as high as top of the music rack (if you see what I mean). I know that some people put their recorders right on the music desk, but I think that might make the treble too bright... BTW I have the recording level set at 65... I wonder how it would change if I moved it further from the piano and raised the level... There's no clipping now, which is something I want to avoid so....

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A few more this morning. The level of playing in this recital and the choices of repertoire are wonderful!

16. Lanky Pianist - Sonatina in G Major 1st Movement (Moderato)
Hello Scotland, and welcome to the recitals! Very well done!

17. Edmond Rhapsody - Korobeiniki
Wow! I can hear both the Russian folksong DNA and the Tetris-game DNA in your performance. I might have preferred it without the mechano-drum in the background, but that’s just me. (I laughed at the little boom-kick accent at the end, though!)

18. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - To a Wild Rose (Op. 51, No. 1)
Nicely played, Dan! This is a piece I grew to like a lot after I tried playing it.

19. rwsavory - Prelude in C Major - WTC 1
When I came back to piano after a half-century gap (so, basically starting over), this is the piece I most wanted to learn to play. It never gets old. Very nice to hear your performance!

20. Rich D. - Preludio En La Noche (Prelude In The Night)
Beautiful piece, gorgeous piano, beautiful playing! I listened to this twice. (The squirrel on your porch at about 2:20 liked it too!) Lecuona is new to me; I’ll have to explore. What IS it that grabs us in this music?

21. QuasiUnaFantasia - Waltz op. 39 no. 15
Four hands or two, you played this with great sensitivity. Beautiful!

22. peterws - Siciliano
I love this! Beautifully played, with a lot of heart. Bravo!

23. PikaPianist - Piano Sonata No. 8, II. Adagio cantabile
Excellent! Such a beautiful piece and I really enjoyed your performance.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
01. psyche23 - Holiday in Paris

This starts so lovely and sweet and then switches to fun. I really enjoyed listening to this, thank you. I did miss the wistfulness you describe though. Perhaps one persons lovely and sweet is another's wistful.

02. Calavera - Ending Theme [from Final Fantasy X]

You have total command over this piece, you bring it to life so well. It is powerful and conveys strong emotions and the contrasts are great. Wonderful.

03. MarieJ - Elegy for the Arctic

I feel a sense of loss, sorrow and at times despair in this. Wonderful playing, and I think you have captured this really well. I wonder if Einaudi has other pieces which convey a sense of hope.

04. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in F minor

I am consistently impressed by your progress Peter. This must represent your dedication and hard work. You don't just play the pieces you provide lots of lovely musicality. This is no exception. Good luck with your exams.

A
A
I've listened to ALL of the performances and gave each a little comment - well done to everyone, sounds great! :-)

01. psyche23 - Holiday in Paris - Lovely feel to the piece. For some reason I’m getting Christmas vibes from it - very well done.

02. Calavera - Ending Theme [from Final Fantasy X] - I’m not a huge anime fan, but I do love some of the music from various anime TV shows, film and video games. Beautiful piece; it captures emotions very well and you brought it to life! To Zanarkand is one of my favourite anime pieces, so nice to hear it in this! The only criticism I have is to practice your sustain pedal technique a bit more :-)

03. MarieJ - Elegy for the Arctic - Ah, always lovely to hear Einaudi’s music! I thought it flowed very nicely, so well done to you!

04. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in F minor - This is a really nice piece; I’ve not dabbled in much Classical music, but this was enjoyable to listen to. I can tell it takes plenty of patience and skill…which I’m not sure I have yet!

05. KevinM - Nocturne No. 20 in C Sharp Minor Post. - I can imagine these Classical pieces are hard enough to learn, let alone get to the stage where you are comfortable enough to add expression. I might have to delve into Chopin’s music and learn some - you played it very nicely indeed.

06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss - Lovely to hear an original composition! Nicely played considering your limitations. I wonder who your musical inspirations are?

07. selfishplayer - Keyboard Concerto No.1 in D Minor BWV 1052 1st Movement Allegro Piano Solo - Anything composed by Bach sounds like madness! Bravo for recording live despite the little mistakes - well done! I’m not sure I have the attention span to learn a piece by Bach :-)

08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one" - Oo, an improvisation! Love the runs at the beginning. Brave to do improv - I can tell you’ve got plenty of experience under your belt! :-)

09. SwissMS/Doris - Intermezzo in A Minor Op. 76 # 7 - Really like the sound of your piano; it must be a joy to play on! This is a lovely piece by Brahams, very well played!

10. Ruth CM - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt. (No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2) - You’re right, it is overplayed BUT always a treat to listen to nonetheless :-) I had attempted to learn the 3rd Mvt…haven’t got passed the first page yet! Enjoyed listening - a nice chill piece like this is definitely needed at the moment.

11. jazzyprof - Lift Every Voice and Sing - Is this a gospel type song? Like the sound of it - very positive and hopeful!

12. Animisha - Morning Glories - This is lovely! I can imagine playing this in a big country mansion looking out onto the beautiful gardens :-) Well done!

13. Serge88 - As Time Goes By - Lovely piece to take a trip down memory lane!

14. Jason Lenthe - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin - As I’m only familiar with Debussy’s most famous pieces, it was nice listening to something new to me. Nicely played on a piano that has lots of character to it!

15. pianist685 (Constantin) - Minuet in g minor, HWV 434/4 - Very beautiful indeed - thank you for sharing :-)

16. Lanky Pianist - Sonatina in G Major 1st Movement (Moderato) - Well done for going back to the piano - hopefully it’s been worth it so far! Sounds really good, can’t wait to hear more in the future :-)

17. Edmond Rhapsody - Korobeiniki - This made me smile. Oh of course it sounds familiar - Tetris! Great job :-)

18. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - To a Wild Rose (Op. 51, No. 1) - Loving the chords in this; I’m sure I’ve heard this before. Thank you for sharing! :-)

19. rwsavory - Prelude in C Major - WTC 1 - Again, though it’s a very well known piece it’s always nice to hear it! Well done for learning it all by ear as well! :-)

20. Rich D. - Preludio En La Noche (Prelude In The Night) - I can imagine this in an old fashioned romance film - sounds very nice indeed!

21. QuasiUnaFantasia - Waltz op. 39 no. 15 - I have never heard of this - bear in mind that I don’t listen to that much Classical! I do enjoy a Walts - this one is lovely, thank you for sharing!

22. peterws - Siciliano - Well, seems like the 3 years has paid off! That piano sound you use sounds really nice too! :-)

23. PikaPianist - Piano Sonata No. 8, II. Adagio cantabile - Oo, I really like this Beethoven piece. Again, something I don’t have the patience to learn!! Nicely played :-)

24. Dani Cohen (Flygbladet) - Caprice, E-major (Op 44 No 12) - I quite like the way this piece flows - very interesting, but sounds lovely!

25. thepianoplayer416 - Blue Skies - I’m now realising there are so many different types of jazz music! I really enjoyed this piece.

26. facdo - Nocturne in E minor, Op.72 No.1 - You’re piano doesn’t sound that bad - I think it gives it a bit character! Nicely played!

27. Amy H - Letting It Go This is my performance. Lovely piece…amazing pianist - Peter Bence!!

28. Tim Adrianson - Where the Rivers Go - You perform this very well - your 65+ years of experience definitely shows here. I agree, very sad and full of all sorts of emotions; very nice piece though.

29. wouter79 - Prelude KV397 and Fuga Op.822 - Interesting piece. There are many surprising phrases in this piece - it’s almost a bit mismatched. Well played though!!

30. Snejana - Emerald Gem - Oo, starts off with some very lovely sounding chords! I like how you say it’s your interpretation; may pianists follow the performance markings too strictly sometimes…they are there simply as guidance. Very lush and meditative - nicely done!

31. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - The Prophet Bird - Very nice little runs in the beginning and a very interesting rhythm - sounds quite technical!

32. Tootles - With Star and Wind - Love this very delicate sounding piece. You have played it well!

33. AssociateX(Liz) - Etude in F minor Op. 10 # 9 - Goodness, very abrupt start - Chopin doesn’t mess around! Well done for this - sounds very complicated!!

34. JoBert - Genesis - I can definitely hear this in a movie soundtrack - very nice piano sound too!

35. Jerzyk19 - Nocturne Op.72 No.1 in E minor - Rest assured, you haven’t ruined this at all! Sounds like hard work to learn, great job!! :-)

36. zsolpyW - Umowilem sie z nia na 9 - This sounds like a fun, lively little piece to learn! Sounds a little bit like something you would hear inside a music box!

37. ShiroKuro - Moments - Love a bit of Alexis Ffrench! You’ve played it very nicely - it’s almost perfect, don’t be so hard on yourself!! :-)

38. Mosotti - Scherzo from Sonata in F Major, Hob XVI.9 - This is a lively little piece - very well played!! :-)

39. PianoPrimo - My Heart Will Go On Love Theme from Titanic - Gotta love a bit of Titanic music!! Beautiful - well done!

40. Pathbreaker - op. 39 Waltzes 3 and 5 - I really like both of these Waltzes, hope you reach your 16 waltz goal! :-)

41. Gary001 - Hymn to the Sea from Titanic - I think the quality of this recording is good, maybe sounds a bit muddy? Really liked the key change transition - well done!

42. Greta99 - Sonata in E minor, H.XVI No.34 - 3. Vivace molto - For something that you can’t do, you have done it really well! Really nice piece to listen to.

43. lvojnovic - Sonata in D major, 2. movement - Very moody piece. Haydn is a composer I’ve not really listened to, but I quite enjoyed it!

44. Purrblast - Sostenuto (KK IVb No. 10) - Sounds deceivingly technical and difficult. Very nice!!

45. Hawgdriver (Leon) - Nocturne in C sharp minor, Op. 27/1 - Nice piece - I love how much you enjoy playing it from your description…there’s nothing like good music!

46. dumka1 - Arabesque 1 - Firstly, I think this recording sounds just fine! This piece sounds so full and beautiful - well played! :-)

47. Brian Moore - Minuet, French Suite 6 - Lovely little piece, great to have you back doing recitals - this is my 2nd time submitting. I hope the piano continues bringing you much joy! :-)

48. Tubbie0075 - Sonata in B minor Kp. 377 - I remember my piano teacher being very confused at ABRSM’s fingerings…it’s like “what were they thinking?!”. Nicely played!

49. jotur/Cathy Turner - Creole Belles - You’re too hard on yourself! Sounds like a fun piece to play :-)

50. Ralphiano - Musette in D Major - Very lively piece! Glad you could submit something - keep up the good work!

51. Tyrone Slothrop - La Caroline, Wq. 117/39, H. 98 - Nice and consistently played, well done! More importantly - was the pizza good? :-)

52. Qwerty53 - Sentimental Waltz, no. 6 from Valses Poeticos - Nothing can be absolutely perfect, but this is a great recording. Sounds quite sad though.

53. winterflower - escapes/escapades - I like that you consistently play and that there aren’t any hesitations or gaps!

54. BingoDingo - Prelude No. 22 in G Minor, Op. 87 - If you’ve only been playing for 6 weeks, then this is really good going!! Doesn’t sound terrible considering your issues! :-)

55. Sam S - Sonata K1 - Really nice to hear a harpsichord - I enjoyed it :-)

01. psyche23 - Holiday in Paris Nice sound ,nice music .

02. Calavera - Ending Theme [from Final Fantasy X] Nice sound,nice music .

03. MarieJ - Elegy for the Arctic excellently played , as good as the composer's own playing

04. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in F minor Well played and elegant even if this piece is simple .

05. KevinM - Nocturne No. 20 in C Sharp Minor Post. From musicality view, very expressive, from technique view, seems at certain parts you played in a way that is different from the regular approach ,your dealings are easier than the intended way. Gave listener an illusion that you're still not very technically confident to play this piece . But this is romantic music, you played it beautifully .

06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss The recording is a bit noisy, and I'm not a fan of this type of musics, but your technique is excellent . sparkling , fluent .

07. selfishplayer - Keyboard Concerto No.1 in D Minor BWV 1052 1st Movement Allegro Piano Solo My own , no comments .
Next recital I will upgrade microphones , the zoom q8's capsule mics are not bad but it's too far from the piano, so the sound is dull, need to use external ones.
And I think I found a trick .For those who use vst or quality mics with good pianos - The submission page said 192kbs is highly recommanded and works best for online streamer,I remember there was even a post to guide u how to do it in Audacity, sounds like the 192kbps's quality is very convincing and your best choice for submission . But I found 320kbps is not only no problem to online player but also there truely is a distinguishable quality difference if you 're recording using high end Vsts like Garritan cfx ,by my massive tests .Sometimes the difference is so huge that make some sweet articulation sounds unpleasantly sharp . Maybe I'm stupid this is nothing secret . But I did downloaded multiple recordings from recent recitals, I just found most players using 192kbps or lower . But there're a few using 256kbps or 320kbps and most of them are top tier recordings of each recital. I won't name them, ha ha . Small details make big difference

08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one" great piano skill . But the music is not my taste .

09. SwissMS/Doris - Intermezzo in A Minor Op. 76 # 7 Well played but ....even if I'm not familiar with this piece, I can feel it still need a lot of polish to make it sound convincing

10. Ruth CM - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt. (No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2) Excellent recording . sorry I didn't finish listening whole thing cuz this one is overplayed. But from what I listened approx 2 min, basically flawless .

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Back from lunch and ready for more. Such a great collection of music today! Good job! So glad that so many took the trouble to share their music with everyone.

24. Dani Cohen (Flygbladet) - Caprice, E-major (Op 44 No 12)
Lovely! The only work by Sinding I had heard before is Rustle of Spring; this one is a “rare gem” indeed! Thanks for sharing the story of your precious collection of sheet music.

25. thepianoplayer416 - Blue Skies
What a refreshing choice! Irving Berlin was a great songwriter; this one is perfect for today!

26. facdo - Nocturne in E minor, Op.72 No.1
Your passion for this music really comes through. Beautifully played.

27. Amy H - Letting It Go
This is beautiful! Thanks for introducing me to a new composer. (And way to go with comments on everything already! Thanks for your comment on mine.)

28. Tim Adrianson - Where the Rivers Go
Thanks for sharing this music by yet another composer who was unfamiliar to me. It seems moody and dreamy, but not tragic. Well played.

29. wouter79 - Prelude KV397 and Fuga Op.822
I admire your creativity in selecting an alternative to the original Fugue; I hope neither Wolfie nor Carl will rise up and smite you for your audacity! The Prelude is one of the pieces that proves me wrong every time I think I don’t like Mozart; it is fantastic. The Czerny Fugue is an interesting choice; a real change of mood.

30. Snejana - Emerald Gem
Very meditative indeed. I will want to listen to this again. You play it with a tasteful and delicate touch.

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
From the bottom to (near) the top of the list of entries! What a day full of music this is!

08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one"
Is a “paly one” something I might drink at a pub? It must be a pub in a very lively neighborhood: sounds like the hour of peak energy at a great jazz club. Just after 3:20 there’s even a little hint of Spanish harmonies, and you conclude with an emphatic Beethovenian finale! Bravo Ted! Your improvs are growing on me.

09. SwissMS/Doris - Intermezzo in A Minor Op. 76 # 7
What a gorgeous sound! One of these days, or months or years, I will learn to play something by Brahms.

10. Ruth CM - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt. (No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2)
Loved listening to you play this. Well done; hope your mother enjoys it too!

11. jazzyprof - Lift Every Voice and Sing
I wish I had a choir in my house singing this; I feel I can almost hear them with your rich piano accompaniment supporting the beautiful vocal harmonies. “Sing a song full of the faith that the dark past has taught us. Sing a song full of the hope that the present has brought us.” Yes. Thank you!

12. Animisha - Morning Glories
Another piece by Martha Mier; great choice, and played so well, I listened to it twice! I love how you have your piano under a window; what a joyful place to spend time!

13. Serge88 - As Time Goes By
Play it, Sam! And you did, with great warmth and style. This is definitely one where I am glad I clicked through to the video! Nicely staged. I didn’t know they had snow leopards in North Africa, though.

14. Jason Lenthe - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin
A classic, beautifully performed on your beautiful piano. Well done!

15. pianist685 (Constantin) - Minuet in g minor, HWV 434/4
Listening to your performance, I must agree with you that we should all be playing more Handel. This is stately and yet full of emotion.

T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Qwerty53
08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one"
Is a “paly one” something I might drink at a pub? It must be a pub in a very lively neighborhood: sounds like the hour of peak energy at a great jazz club. Just after 3:20 there’s even a little hint of Spanish harmonies, and you conclude with an emphatic Beethovenian finale! Bravo Ted! Your improvs are growing on me.

Thanks for listening, the title comes from James Joyce's "Finnegans Wake". It is abstract language and, although many established associations of all kinds do exist, the reader is at complete liberty to apply any personal interpretations. The book could be seen as using language as music. Anyway, titles aside I am pleased you like my playing.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
My final group of comments --

01. psyche23 - Holiday in Paris
Thanks for taking me back to Paris! I felt the wistfulness, and it evoked my own complicated memories of being there, being on my own, exploring, feeling free.

02. Calavera - Ending Theme [from Final Fantasy X]
I am surprised over and over again at how much rich music is hidden (from me) in video games! Great choice for your performance, which really delivered a story.

03. MarieJ - Elegy for the Arctic
The story in this music, loss of Arctic ice and all that this implies for the future of our planet, is too sad for words. But we have music to express those emotions. Well done.

04. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in F minor
Your ease in playing is so impressive! It’s a lovely waltz and you play it well!

05. KevinM - Nocturne No. 20 in C Sharp Minor Post.
Great choice of music and it sounds so beautiful as you play it.

06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss
Very dramatic! But maybe the title should be “Futile Chase”? Nice video too, although I was a bit worried at 4:30 or so when your piano seems to be turning to water!

07. selfishplayer - Keyboard Concerto No.1 in D Minor BWV 1052 1st Movement Allegro Piano Solo
Always good to come back to Bach! Your pace seemed quite impetuous, perhaps too pell-mell for Bach? Your fingers are fast! But I wonder how this would sound if you took everything a bit slower and gave us Bach’s steady heartbeat.

What a recital! Wow! Standing ovation for everyone!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I have a real busy week ahead so probably won't get to much for a bit... but I'll skip around a little when I can. (Not intentionaly ignoring anyone... just random choosing. But I do like to go to Sam early as he works so hard to make this recital happen.)

3.Marie- Marie, I think that is one of the nicest Einuidi performances I've heard in quite a while. And I have to hand it to the synth makers these days. That piano sounds fantastic. That bass just growls.

55. Sam- Ok, I have to admit, I would never go out and buy a recording of harpisord, it's just never done much for me. But, for you Sam... I make an exception. smile That is so lovely and well played. Bravo!

31. Shirokuro- (I listened to the youtube version). Absolutely beautiful. Almost hauntingly so. You obviously really love this piece and it shows in your playing.

11. jazzyprof - Lift Every Voice and Sing Nice chords progression , nice dark Steinway B sound .

12. Animisha - Morning Glories melody super beautiful , nice playing . 0:32 ~ 0:44 is nicest .

13. Serge88 - As Time Goes By great piano cover

14. Jason Lenthe - La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin no comment . Not a fan of this piece .

15. pianist685 (Constantin) - Minuet in g minor, HWV 434/4 one of my favorite of this recital . The ambient sound is so amazing . Even if this is my first time heard this piece, even it is not a sparkling piece .but I finished listening to the end without any uncomfortability . Usually I would quit in half way in similar situation. But your recording is too impressive .

16. Lanky Pianist - Sonatina in G Major 1st Movement (Moderato) no comment, not a fan of this piece.

17. Edmond Rhapsody - Korobeiniki I vote this to be the coolest recording of this recital . When you pressed the button , then drum sound occur . I knew something terrific was going to happen.

18. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - To a Wild Rose (Op. 51, No. 1) no comment , not a fan of this piece.

19. rwsavory - Prelude in C Major - WTC 1 oh, this piece again... no comment , not a fan of Bach .

20. Rich D. - Preludio En La Noche (Prelude In The Night) This prelude is so nice . I enjoyed your playing ,full of depth and warmth .

P
P
First 10:

02. Calavera - Ending Theme [from Final Fantasy X] Thank you for playing this. It's a great reminder of how much wonderful music there is to be found in video games. Very accomplished performance too!

03. MarieJ - Elegy for the Arctic Listening to this, I get a very clear sense of the message Einaudi is trying to convey with this piece. Clear and expressive playing. Good job!

04. Peter Hontaru - Waltz in F minor Said this recently Peter, but the progress you've made in a relatively short period of time is really impressive. Some nice shaping and use of rubato. Think this would be the perfect 4th piece for the ABRSM Grade 6 exam.

05. KevinM - Nocturne No. 20 in C Sharp Minor Post. Very calm and relaxing rendition. I thought you handled the runs in the right hand (the fioritura) very well, that must have taken a lot of practice.

06. Peyton - Chasing Bliss When I first heard this my initial thought was to find out who composed it and seek out the sheet music so I could play it myself. Then I read that it's your own composition! Wow. Very moody and dramatic. And the fast parts sound like quite a feat of endurance! Really enjoyed it.

07. selfishplayer - Keyboard Concerto No.1 in D Minor BWV 1052 1st Movement Allegro Piano Solo Quite a workout for the fingers it would seem. A brave attempt and I applaud you for playing this from memory.

08. Ted Jones - "The prankquean nips a paly one" I wonder how people do this. Got real sense of you being in the moment, as it were. Very impressive Ted!

09. SwissMS/Doris - Intermezzo in A Minor Op. 76 # 7 Like others have mentioned, your piano has a lovely sound, with a clear tone. You did a good job with this!

10. Ruth CM - Moonlight Sonata 1st Mvt. (No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2) I'm sure your Mom will be very pleased with this. Very tasteful and expressive playing.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks psyche23... that really made my day.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission