2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (AlkansBookcase, cmoody31, dh371, Fried Chicken, 20/20 Vision, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 6 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3012623 08/11/20 11:32 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Hello everyone! And I just started to learn Spanish Rhapsody. I have questions about first part. What's mean "A" above notes in this piece? And why many performers do it by 2 hands (I mean 2-3 tact, where 32 notes with crescendo). Is it correct?

Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
I think that you need to tell us which edition you are using (because I don't see any "'A' above notes" in the editions I have consulted) and I don't know what you mean by "2-3 tact."

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
M
OP Offline
M
Oops, it was accent) But can you say what's my main mistakes?

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I think your main mistake working on a piece of this caliber on an instrument of that caliber. I get it, not everyone is in a position to own an acoustic piano of decent quality - but I think if you are serious about piano, you need to look a couple steps up from that instrument.

As for technique aspects, its tough watching on this clip, but my opinion is that your technique doesn't seem to be mature enough to tackle this. I think you would be better served by working up some smaller pieces that could bring up your technique and leave this piece for another day. Do you have a teacher?

What you are is an accident of birth. What I am, I am through my own efforts. There have been a thousand princes and there will be a thousand more. There is one Beethoven.
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Yes, it is difficult to watch and listen to, I am sorry to say. Your technique is not up to the first few measures of this piece. Even in these measures there is little to commend. No one can stop you from playing around with this, but I think your time would be much better spent working on material that is more within your grasp.

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
M
OP Offline
M
I really hard worked today and played on grand piano(I know it's bad sounds). What you can say about this???

M
OP Offline
M
I think it's still bad for you. It's better?

Last edited by maxplus0001; 08/12/20 11:36 AM.
S
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
S
Well not much. The sound is so bad that its impossible to hear anything. I dont see why you are posting something like this. But just based on your mouvements, your hand position, it is obvious that the piece is too difficult for your level. You cant manage to connect the various measures, and you need to think about positionning your hand to play the chords when it should be fluid and much faster. You are not very secure with your hands.

There is just a lot of work needed to get to something decent. I suggest you first work on easier pieces which you can play well at tempo.

Blüthner model 6
M
OP Offline
M
Ok but I will work on this composition many many many times. Will see.

S
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by maxplus0001
Ok but I will work on this composition many many many times. Will see.

Well, with pieces that difficult, time is not enough. You need the proper technique which you obviously dont have yet. You will just waist a lot of hours for not getting very far. You would better off pick pieces easier where you can develop your technique and get to a playable result. It is just a question of efficiency. But of course you are the one who decide. If you have a teacher, ask him or her as well.

Blüthner model 6
S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S
max
It’s a hard lesson we all have had to learn because we all have our favorites we REALLY want to play NOW.

But the lesson is if you will put it into your ‘later’ stack, focus on easier music, it will be much better and less work when you come back to it. When that happens, it feels great! And the wait is worth it 😊

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sidokar
Well, with pieces that difficult, time is not enough. You need the proper technique which you obviously dont have yet. You will just waist a lot of hours for not getting very far. You would better off pick pieces easier where you can develop your technique and get to a playable result. It is just a question of efficiency. But of course you are the one who decide. If you have a teacher, ask him or her as well.

Agree. If a piece is significantly above what you're capable of, it's not a matter of just putting in the hours. While you might make a little progress, I can't see that you would ultimately be successful in that effort, and you'd likely burn yourself out on that piece. I would recommend putting the piece aside - it'll always be there. However, look at the piece and see what techniques you would need to get there. There are tons of smaller pieces that will teach you those techniques, and would act as stepping stones towards your ultimate end goals. Work through those smaller pieces and eventually you will get comfortable with those techniques - and then when you eventually circle back to this piece, you'll find it much more manageable.

And as always, listen to your teacher. And if you don't have one - get one. If you are looking at literature like this, you really need the guidance of a teacher that can help you get there.

What you are is an accident of birth. What I am, I am through my own efforts. There have been a thousand princes and there will be a thousand more. There is one Beethoven.
M
OP Offline
M
OK. I will work with teacher and I will work at easy pieces. But can you say I also played Rachmaninoff Prelude in Gm and I think the first pat easy for me.
But I didn't play LH in some parts Can I learn this piece or parts?

Last edited by maxplus0001; 08/12/20 12:28 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
I love Rachmaninoff and Liszt. I understand Liszt is too difficult for me((

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Based on the clip, I think the Rachmaninoff is quite a bit beyond you at the moment. You left half the notes out, some of the octave placements are off, and you just don't seem "comfortable" with it. Same feedback as with the Liszt - don't feel the need to rush into these pieces. Get some good technique under your fingers and then when you're ready, these pieces will be there.

M
OP Offline
M
But in principal I can learn properly Prelude Gm to the end of my clip:)?

M
OP Offline
M
I understood. Will more practice

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by maxplus0001
OK. I will work with teacher and I will work at easy pieces.
When you see your teacher, you should mention hand tension. Your hands are extremely stiff and this will hold you back from playing more difficult pieces.

Best regards,

Deborah
M
OP Offline
M
Thank you all too much

K
K
I always thought the Spanish Rhapsody a trashy composition until I heard Lazar Berman's performance then I liked it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission