2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Who's Online Now
58 members (36251, cassdad, 3B43, Carey, anotherscott, bsntn99, Bett, 14 invisible), 440 guests, and 371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New Mason & Hamlin series: Artist & Classic
Tom Lagomarsino #2940912 01/31/20 09:17 AM
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Tom Lagomarsino
Hi PianoWorld Enthusiasts,
Thought I'd fill in some blanks for you on what's new at Mason & Hamlin

In January 2020 Mason & Hamlin introduced two new lines of instruments, the Mason & Hamlin Artist Series and Mason & Hamlin Classic Series pianos. The Artist and Classic Series pianos are produced in partnership with Pearl River and include Mason & Hamlin designs.

The Artist Series upright and grand pianos are offered at mid-market pricing and are equipped with high performance Mason & Hamlin-designed carbon fiber and advanced composite WNG actions featuring anodized aluminum hardware in actions and keyboards. The Artist and Classic Series pianos include traditional Mason & Hamlin cabinet and case part designs, solid spruce soundboards and beech rims and are voiced, tuned, prepared and regulated by Mason & Hamlin technicians to produce the traditional Mason & Hamlin sound. Today, the Artist Series offers two grand sizes, a 5'3 model MHA 160G and a 6'2 model MHA 188G, and two vertical sizes, 48" model MHA 123U and 51" model MHA131U. More sizes and models will be added.

The Classic Series include pianos at affordable entry level prices and include one vertical model MHC 120U and two grand 4’11 models MHC 150G and 5’6 170G. The pianos feature traditional Mason & Hamlin sound and designs with solid spruce soundboards, beech rims and WNG lightweight anodized aluminum action and keyboard hardware. Artist and Classic Warranty: 10 years, parts and labor, to the original purchaser.

New Concert Grand: At the 2020 NAMM Show, Mason & Hamlin also introduced a new concert grand model called the VX-94. Designed by Mason & Hamlin engineers and built in the Haverhill, MA factory, the piano features a new scale design and bridge location, a larger capo bar and new implementation of the soundboard cutoff bar. The action geometry has also be redesigned. The VX-94 retains the standard features of the CC-94, especially the Crown Retention System with two tension resonators, thick maple rims and eastern white spruce soundboard.

Photos and video will be available shortly on MH social media pages.
Tom Lagomarsino
Mason & Hamlin/PianoDisc
toml@masonhamlin.com

Thanks for the information Tom! I think this is exciting news. I'll look for the first opportunity I can to play them. I love the WNG action so much I had it put in my Steinway Model B. It's remarkable. Everyone who has played it is quite taken with it. To me it far out-shines the Kawai Millenium action, which is very nice on it's own. My neighbor bought a brand new S&S B last year, and he loves the piano, but he wishes it had the WNG action!

How would one go about encouraging local dealers to pick up the M&H line? We have an area rep in town, but no actual showroom.

(ad int) Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
wormbot #2940920 01/31/20 09:45 AM
V
V
I, for one, am intrigued by this new line of pianos from M&H. Being a simple working musician/teacher, I cannot afford a Haverhill-made Mason. However, a piano that is designed by M&H but made in China that includes their fantastic WNG action, and prepped at Haverhill, is very interesting, for sure.

Since the thread on a recent Baldwin made in China focuses on its action's limitations, if those limitations are negated by fitting a Chinese-made piano with the WNG action and prepped in Boston, this is an attractive offer. The price is also very competitive with similar offerings from other brands (Hailun, Baldwin, Cunningham).

violarules #2940965 01/31/20 12:35 PM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Originally Posted by violarules
I, for one, am intrigued by this new line of pianos from M&H. Being a simple working musician/teacher, I cannot afford a Haverhill-made Mason. However, a piano that is designed by M&H but made in China that includes their fantastic WNG action, and prepped at Haverhill, is very interesting, for sure.

Since the thread on a recent Baldwin made in China focuses on its action's limitations, if those limitations are negated by fitting a Chinese-made piano with the WNG action and prepped in Boston, this is an attractive offer. The price is also very competitive with similar offerings from other brands (Hailun, Baldwin, Cunningham).
I think it is still unclear as to whether these new pianos will actually be "prepped" in Haverhill. I got the impression from reading Tom L's description that M&H "technicians" will be working in the China based factory to prep the pianos. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
wormbot #2940985 01/31/20 01:47 PM
T
T
Thank you all for your interest and questions. We anticipate delivery to our dealers in Q2 2020. Carey, the pianos will be prepped in the factory where they are built wink by very capable technicians who have been trained by MH personnel. Additionally, when the pianos arrive stateside, they will be uncrated, inspected and prepped as needed by MH technicians. We want to do our very best to ensure that these instruments meet the expectations and standards that our dealers, customers and enthusiasts expect.
Below is a 2020 NAMM recap video that our media team put together. Hope you enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QY8zv2d_TQ&t=7s

Tom Lagomarsino #2941091 01/31/20 07:07 PM
Online Content
Originally Posted by Tom Lagomarsino
Thank you all for your interest and questions. We anticipate delivery to our dealers in Q2 2020. Carey, the pianos will be prepped in the factory where they are built wink by very capable technicians who have been trained by MH personnel.
Makes perfect sense.
Additionally, when the pianos arrive stateside, they will be uncrated, inspected and prepped as needed by MH technicians.
Even better !!
We want to do our very best to ensure that these instruments meet the expectations and standards that our dealers, customers and enthusiasts expect. Below is a 2020 NAMM recap video that our media team put together. Hope you enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QY8zv2d_TQ&t=7s

Thanks for the clarification Tom. I really do wish M&H the best of luck with the new lines. I hope our M&H dealer here in Phoenix will carry them soon. smile

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
wormbot #3009227 08/01/20 05:13 PM
D
D
Sadly COVID broke havoc shortly after this, but has anybody in this thread been able to see and play the new inexpensive grands?

pianoloverus #3009338 Yesterday at 01:49 AM
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by pianoloverus
"Designed for new creativity and artistry"? What is that supposed to mean?

It means inexpensive offshore piano

Steve Jackson #3009382 Yesterday at 06:36 AM
Online Content
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson
Originally Posted by pianoloverus
"Designed for new creativity and artistry"? What is that supposed to mean?

It means inexpensive offshore piano
Yes, I find phrases like the one I quoted a real turn off, and I think they're poor advertising because they seem like obvious BS.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Where Did The Buttons Go?!
----------------------
Our April 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
The Piano World During the Pandemic!
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bösendorfer, Valentina & Thunder
by Lucubrate - 08/03/20 05:43 PM
Experience with Henle Library App?
by WeakLeftHand - 08/03/20 05:17 PM
Piano learning apps
by SwfcDan - 08/03/20 05:04 PM
Finger pedaling- Who uses this technique?
by Jethro - 08/03/20 01:48 PM
Need help with wiring digital piano
by makentoxpiano - 08/03/20 11:06 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics200,688
Posts2,987,945
Members98,010
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission