2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Who's Online Now
68 members (andredatele, Boboulus, David Boyce, anotherscott, CyberGene, dennisr, Del Vento, achoo42, 18 invisible), 540 guests, and 473 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
FYI - Importance of a good Pedal
#3006222 07/24/20 07:06 AM
OP Offline
RD 2000

Just an FYI.... I was critical of my VILabs Ravenscroft pedaling.... would get some odd happenings... like sometimes a note would not sustain. I slowly discovered that I had to press my pedal harder and realized something may be wrong. I had an old Yamaha pedal and another Roland.... the alternative Roland made all the problems go away... not only that, I just made playing way more natural. Odd, the RD-2000 was way less susceptible to oddities than the Ravenscroft software and I don't know why.

When I purchased my RD 2000, I asked the dealer to throw in the Roland tripple pedal, the RPU-3 which they did for free. The RD-2000 comes with a single pedal, the DP-10 and I never opened the box. Well it turned out there is something not quite right about the RPU-3. I took it apart a few times but there is nothing adjustable and difficult to tweak. It didn't look like it was assebled incorectly, so maybe the potentiometer is out of spec... I may order a new part... I dunno.

The Yamaha pedal I had in my closet is a an on/off pedal (a switch), the Roland pedals are variable (the DP-10 has a switch on the side to make it an on/off or variable).

Anywho.... way to late to return the RPU-3, but something to check on.... is your pedal an on/off type or variable? Make sure you have a good one.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 07/24/20 07:10 AM.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
(ad)
Sweetwater Gifts That Rock
Re: FYI - Importance of a good Pedal
Bruce In Philly #3006230 07/24/20 07:46 AM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
RD 2000

Just an FYI.... I was critical of my VILabs Ravenscroft pedaling.... would get some odd happenings... like sometimes a note would not sustain. I slowly discovered that I had to press my pedal harder and realized something may be wrong. I had an old Yamaha pedal and another Roland.... the alternative Roland made all the problems go away... not only that, I just made playing way more natural. Odd, the RD-2000 was way less susceptible to oddities than the Ravenscroft software and I don't know why.

When I purchased my RD 2000, I asked the dealer to throw in the Roland tripple pedal, the RPU-3 which they did for free. The RD-2000 comes with a single pedal, the DP-10 and I never opened the box. Well it turned out there is something not quite right about the RPU-3. I took it apart a few times but there is nothing adjustable and difficult to tweak. It didn't look like it was assebled incorectly, so maybe the potentiometer is out of spec... I may order a new part... I dunno.

The Yamaha pedal I had in my closet is a an on/off pedal (a switch), the Roland pedals are variable (the DP-10 has a switch on the side to make it an on/off or variable).

Anywho.... way to late to return the RPU-3, but something to check on.... is your pedal an on/off type or variable? Make sure you have a good one.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Hey Bruce smile

Don't know about Roland's, but with my MP7 and MP7SE, at first I thought that there was a fault with the triple pedal or expression pedal, only to come across posts saying that one needs to calibrate the pedal,which fixed the issues.

Kind regards,

Doug.

Instruments: Current - Kawai MP7SE; Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000
Software: Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand: K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Bruce In Philly #3006386 07/24/20 03:53 PM
E
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
E
(the DP-10 has a switch on the side to make it an on/off or variable).

I have to confess that was absolute news to me. I had to check it right away as I thought you were wrong. You were not. smile

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
Bruce In Philly #3006401 07/24/20 04:59 PM
T
T
RD 2000

Peace
Bruce in Philly

For myself, I own an LX708 and the pedal is a double edge sword. It seems to work really close to the real thing, so a 90% lift up may result in extra harmonics on the next bar. However, when you need only a tiny bit of pedal on some notes to simulate some reverbe like sound, just put your feet on it and it works like a charm. Hands down for Roland latest grand pedal smile

www.youtube.com/channel/UC073i6RnxK4NcnoFp1jYh7Q The place where I ocasionally post my amateur recordings smile
Criticism is welcomed since it helps improving and going forward!

Yamaha P-105 -> Roland HP-605 -> Roland LX708

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
(ad) SWEETWATER Cyber Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The 100 Hardest Piano Concertos
by achoo42 - 11/30/20 06:19 PM
MIDI to USB double output
by lukasz-zsakul - 11/30/20 04:57 PM
Chopin's Nocturne op 27 no.2 vs. op.72 no.1
by RhaegarTargaryen - 11/30/20 03:51 PM
back after 34 years
by JerryLouis - 11/30/20 02:44 PM
Roland FP-30 Bluetooth Connectivity Issue
by Yaboku - 11/30/20 01:08 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics203,170
Posts3,029,003
Members99,437
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission