Ha ha. Fooled you. This is not a club!
But there are so many new "clubs" here I thought I'd use the title as click bait. <apologies>
My real story is a small ordeal ...
I mentioned before that the G3 on my Clav honks sometimes. It'll play normally half the time, and then jump to max 127 for no good reason. Of course there IS a reason. Probably debris in the contact sensor area.
Also, some of the notes in the upper regions of octave 4 and lower end of octave 5 play abnormally loud. But they do so consistently. I compensated with some note-specific velocity code in Kontakt.
That doesn't help with the Garritan CFX because it does not run in Kontakt. I haven't been able to use the CFX for many many months. And all the while many of you have been talking about that CFX, whilst I've been sitting in Garritan jail.
But at least I could use Kontakt-based instruments ... until that consarn G3 got worse and worse and worse.
So finally last weekend I opened it up. Move the monitors, and the computer monitor, and the lamp. Lots of screws. Lots of panels.
I've done it several times before, so I can do it without thinking.
But these days my back and knee complain mightily. So after opening up I let it go for the week.
It's now another weekend, raining to beat the band, so this was a good day for continuing the work. I pulled the keyboard out, inserted a dowel to lock the keys, flipped it over, and removed the mid-end and high-end contact boards.
The contact sides of all the strips (each one a 12-note octave) were as clean as could be. But the back sides were dusty as all get out. Fuzzy, dark dust on the highest notes. White particulate debris on the mids. Weird stuff.
I used an artist's brush to dust off, and a paper towel with alcohol to clean the boards and the black contacts (even though they looked clean). Putting it all back is a little tricky, but it went fine.
When I put the keyboard back in all notes worked ... except for the top 11 notes. Those all share a single contact strip. Checking the schematic revealed that those notes are covered by two bussed "scan columns", so it was unlikely that two of those would somehow fail at the same time. It must be something physical in the contact strip re-installation.
I unscrewed the high-end circuit board, tweaked the position of the rubber strip, and put it back together. I reseated the keyboard in the cabinet, and all was well.
With the keyboard in the piano I can remove any white keys that feel need for lube. Probably tomorrow. The skies are clearing and a nice Italian restaurant beckons. (Mask: check. Gloves: check. Appetite: check.)