2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
51 members (7sheji, bcalvanese, Aylin, Barly, brdwyguy, accordeur, 36251, Bostonmoores, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 5 invisible), 1,351 guests, and 318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
U
U3piano Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
U
blush Wow, those are some serious compliments, I don't think i have ever had compliments like that, thank you all!

Originally Posted by Sebs
Did you find that once you played first few notes the nerves went down?

It's kind of hard to recall, because I was so in the moment, but yes I do think there was a moment after playing the first bit of the piece where I realized "ok, i'm playing and it actually seems i'm allright!" smile It's pretty common for people to say that when you get up there, most nerves fall off. I think there's truth in that, when you notice you just started playing, I think the realization of that simple fact unconsciously gives a confidence boost and bit of relaxation. That said, "all nervousness was suddenly gone" was definitly not the case.

Originally Posted by psyche23
I hope you are planning your next public performance already smile

I sure am. Im still very much enjoying the experience right now, and next pianofest ill definitly be there again. that is, if i'm quick enough to sign in again. It was booked full within 2 days, but my guess is they will add an extra day or more because of that next time. Also this time there was just a small audience of 15 people or something (participants and familiy/friends), because of the covid-19 situation, I hope next time there can be a full audience, but I think this was actually nice for me for a first time, haha, less pressure. I'm sure next time I will be a bit less nervous, since that first time is in the pocket now. smile

Keybender thanks, some of those might be some pretty good advices that I never thought of before, but I think you missed the fact I posted the performance earlier in the thread, here it is: https://vimeo.com/437594050

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Lovely, and expressive! Great job holding your nerves and making it happen!

Most of your wrong notes were because you tend to kind of stab at the notes from too far above them, release immediately, and use the pedal for legato. If you just look where you're going, place your fingers well, use deep grounded playing with proper legato, I think you'll really cut down on your errors.

Really enjoyed listening. Terrific job, you should be very proud of yourself! smile

U
U3piano Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
U
Thanks TwoSnowflakes!

And you are probably completely right, I watched the video again and I see what you mean. I guess not getting a teacher has it's downsides after all! grin Great advice, I will keep it in mind. I also just noticed it looks like i'm playing too far into the keys, practically near the fallboard most of the time. All things I never really payed attention to so far.

Also I didn't even think of adjusting the bench, and it looks like it's a bit too high, but I didn't really notice it while playing.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission