2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, Burkhard, benkeys, 17 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 116 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 115 116
D
D
In the specifications for the 745 I read that the speakers are (50w+50w)*2; the 645 has (25w+25w)*2. It is both on the webpage and in the userguide. Did the speaker setup really get twice as powerful?

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by RMarlowe
The touch screen on the Nv10 is finicky, to say the least, and not up to current technological expectations.
Are we already living in an era where touch screen is a common feature in pianos? crazy

E
EPW Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
E
It is looking that way. What, no touch screen? I will have to pass!

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
R
R
I don't think the controls have to be a touch screen, but when the dealers urge you to use an iPad to control the piano, it suggests the UI is not up to snuff. Of course, if you only intend to use the default piano sample, maybe it doesn't matter.

The NV10 sounds better (to me) then the N1X even though I'm a long-term Yamaha owner, but I'm not a fan of the limited non-piano voices of the NV10 (especially at its price point).

K
K
Originally Posted by EssBrace
To my mind the big news is in "New CFX and Bosendorfer Imperial samples".

These could be a Kawai-style UPHI to HI-XL type deal where the basic sample sessions are the same and the same original recordings are used but they reconfigure them in some way. But it could be derived from a new recording session.

So, to recap:

New samples + new keyboard action + new sound engine and/or expression modelling + improved resonance modelling.

And still no one is happy. Everyone bitching away, slagging Yamaha off. No one has played one. Almost no one wants to give them a chance.

I'm thinking this has got to be a symptom of some wider malaise with life in general.

well said! It's a bit silly really.

Originally Posted by MacMacMac
There's English. And there's marketing English.
In the latter, "new improved" means as "same old, same old".
Look that up in your Funk & Wagnalls. smile

They have to be new in some way, otherwise this is literally false advertising and is illegal.

And again I find it funny people are bashing the GrandTouch keyboard as if it's as bad as a synth keyboard. Thousands of pianist play it just fine. Feedback from actual users was clearly good enough for them to not change.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Did anyone bash the GrandTouch keyboard? Anyone? Did I miss something?
Originally Posted by Kougeru
I find it funny people are bashing the GrandTouch keyboard as if it's as bad as a synth keyboard.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
@MacMacMac, It is the whole product which has been denigrated, keyboard included.

Originally Posted by Tyr
404 Excitement not found. It still sounds like the same Sampling from the older models. I doubt the GrandTouch(S) has been improved alot. Feels like another cheap shot by Yamaha to sell the same Crap over and over.

Last edited by Frédéric L; 07/04/20 03:09 AM.

http://www.sinerj.org/
http://humeur-synthe.sinerj.org/
Yamaha N1X, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
I wouldn’t take Tyr too seriously. He often praises what he currently owns until he replaces it with the next thing which then becomes an object of praise and the previous one is then bashed. We all do to some degree, that’s probably an internal process of justification.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
Tyr Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
At least my opinions are based on months of experience with an instrument instead of testing it once or twice in a shop. I simply don't see a big improvement yet on the new CLP Line.

Kawai: NV5 | Yamaha: CLP-745R
Pianoteq 7 Pro | Garritan CFX Full | Vienna Imperial | Keyscape Full | Ravenscroft 275 - Modern U - Model D - AG | Minigrand | The Oeser
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
However, the tone generator has been updated, you more likely have not tried it. But you sum up “the same crap”.

I don’t think there is an huge evolution, but it is the same situation with other brands. Then if one have a deception about the CLP700, this means he was waiting to too much things.

I have a Yamaha at home, and have tried several times more recent models. I don’t need a lot of time to prefer the Yamaha’s samples to the Roland models, and appreciate the evolution since 2002. Then I can have a little appreciation of different models.

Yamaha N1X, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
Tyr Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Don't get me wrong. I also love the Yamaha Samples. I wish they would update them to be larger and more complex. Also there is a slight imbalance in volume between some octaves. This is something I always disliked. Based on the recording in the video above, I don't hear a real difference between the new and old Generation.

Obviously I don't know how the "improved" GrandTouch Action will fee,l but I doubt it will address the main issue of the keyboard. Especially when Yamaha itself doesn't say something about it.

Last edited by Tyr; 07/04/20 05:42 AM.

Pianoteq 7 Pro | Garritan CFX Full | Vienna Imperial | Keyscape Full | Ravenscroft 275 - Modern U - Model D - AG | Minigrand | The Oeser
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I havn’t feel something bad about the GrandTouch keyboard. I am as happy with them as with other keyboard at the same price range. (But inferior than N1X for example, and superior than GH3X).

Some consider them too heavy... I think it is not something which deserve the crap word, but simply something which doesn’t match anybody taste. It is not like a GF keyboard I have tried which had too much friction (but I feel it only once... perhaps a manufacturing issue not the design of the model).

Tyr Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
It's the only action i had an awkward feel about it. It feels like playing on a typewriter. I never experienced this feel on any other digital or accoustic i had played.

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Are we saying it’s all subjective and driven by our inner demons? “I hate; therefore I am”.

There might be something to this observation. I know for a fact that when I’m constipated and bloated my posts tend to be darker and, shall I say, crappier.
Conversely, when I am regular my posts are lighter and tinged with a light-brown hue of optimism.

Today I stand before you totally constipated; twisted into a roll with pain and ready to crap on everything.

I am the last of the -constipated- Mohicans!

Dang, Pete. While reading your post I nearly spilled my coffee. frown

You've outdone yourself once again.

J
J
Man Yamaha really stepped up their desigen even better than kawai.

Owner of Roland LX-705 LA, But fan of Kawai
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
I apologize. blush

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyr
It feels like playing on a typewriter.

Exactly! Most precise analogy ever! An old, non-electric typewriter. That is how the 675 and 685 feel.

Physical instruments: Roland FP-30, and E-28
Virtual instruments: "The Experience" piano collection, NI "The Maverick", Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2
Focus: 1850±100 years
E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by Frédéric L
Then if one have a deception about the CLP700, this means he was waiting to too much things.

Frédéric, do you mean disapointment? Deception is what some more extreme souls wink feel when they are disapointed. Maybe you used the word on purpose. In Portuguese (Brazilian Portugues at least) deception has a false cognate (decepção) that means disapointment.

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
As a former owner of the CLP-675, I was rather fine with the GrandTouch action after my short experience with my acoustic U1. However, after some months, I realized I was getting finger fatigue too easily due to the weight + stiffness of the action. I found myself having to take longer breaks in between practice which I've never experienced with all my previous and current pianos. Now with my N1X, I play to the point where I have to take a break only due to my bad spine laugh

Page 8 of 116 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 115 116

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission