2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
55 members (bcalvanese, 1957, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, accordeur, 36251, 20/20 Vision, Adam Reynolds, 7 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Sam S Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
The Scarlatti Themed Recital is now open for submissions!

Any music written by Scarlatti is welcome.

You may submit multiple pieces, and duplicates by different performers are allowed.

The recital will be posted sometime on Wednesday, July 15, 2020, which means that submissions must be in by 6AM US Eastern Standard Time, July 15th. Please note this deadline is very firm; I cannot start working on the recital until it is closed, and once it is closed, no new entries can be added.

Recital submissions must be in MP3 format. The maximum size of the file is 20 MB. Videos are optional, and should be upload to another site (like youtube) - save the link to use here.

Submitting Your Recording:

You will upload your mp3 file to the recital server as part of the recital submission process.

When you have your mp3 file ready, go to:

recitals.pianoworld.com

and follow the instructions there. Please note that the software does not cope well with international characters, so please convert any such characters to standard American characters. Once you have uploaded your info to the automated recital software, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You will have the opportunity to revise your submission any time up until the deadline. If you have any problems at all using the website, or if you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within a few hours, just PM me.

The recital website uses the following submission template to be filled out along with your attached music file. You may want to have your responses to these fields prepared in advance so all you have to do is cut and paste:

Performer's Name: {forum ID and real name if you'd like}
Where you are located: {optional}
Experience: {Yrs/Mos of piano playing experience}
Link to YouTube or other video: {optional}
Home page link: {optional}
Title of piece/composer:
Source of music: {sheet music, improvised score, play-by-ear, etc}
Instrument used: {Piano make, keyboard model, etc.}
Recording method: {audacity, Zoom, digital to PC, etc.}
Constructive technical feedback wanted: {Yes/No}
Additional Info: {Your thoughts on the piece, what you had for lunch, etc.}
By submitting a piece to the recital, you are certifying that it is a recording of your own performance.

You can revise your entries on the template (e.g., thoughts about your piece, adding YouTube links, and the like) any time.

Should you have any questions at all on what to do or how to do it, do not hesitate to ask. Remember, there are NO stupid questions, as we have a steady flow of new members in AB Forum for whom this is their first recital, so your questions will probably help to eliminate other member's problems.

Looking forward to hearing the recital!

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
Sam S Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
A little over 5 days left to get your submission in! We have many fine performances already - don't be left out!

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
I'm going to have to renage on my Scarlatti sonata commitment. I've been way too busy to practice recently and the piece is harder than I had anticipated. I'll try to get it done for the next ABF recital.

Finally got my act together and managed to record my piece. I was originally going to just submit 1 Scarlatti piece but I have been working on 2 pieces (K159 and K466). I managed to get a decent recording of K159 which is now uploaded, but I just listened to my earlier recording of K466 (I have about 12 versions of this piece on my phone taken sporadically over the last 4 months) and I noticed some more spots which could use refinement....So I will try to get another recording of it before the 15th but if I dont, I guess I will have to go w/ that recording..We shall see!!

~~~~~~~
My Practice/Progress YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNj0Yha5exOWuJMTezV3t8Q
Sam S Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Tomorrow is my final chance to record K1 before the deadline. It always seems to take more time than I have!

Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
Sam S Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
One day left! About this time tomorrow I will close the recital and take it "live"...

Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
D
D
So, I had the ambitious plans to learn and record a new sonata (K43) and also to relearn and record a more up-to-date version of K466 (which I had submitted to a regular quarterly recital in May 2018). K43 turned out to be trickier than I expected, with some very fast runs, and having house guests (my beloved parents) for 10 days in late June didn't help my practice routine. Besides, things have been crazy at work, trying to plan for the fall semester at the university. I've made good progress on K43, but it's nowhere close to the level when it can be recorded. And I still think my older version of K466 is better than what I would have recorded now in a hurry. So, I just submitted the old version of K466. Liz/Associate X, we seem to have similar tastes (I was also learning Tchaikovsky's "June" about at the same time as you :)).

Last edited by dumka1; 07/14/20 03:15 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,189
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission