2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
80 members (Adem, ambrozy, 3B43, accordeur, AndrewJCW, AndyP, 23 invisible), 702 guests, and 528 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 77 of 77 1 2 75 76 77
Re: Yamaha Clavinova CLP-700 Series
9190 #3067775 01/11/21 07:38 AM
T
T
Hello there!
Finally I have read all the topic pages (76 of them!).
And I must admit I enjoyed it very much wink
Thank you!

Have you noticed the terrible clicking/shuffling noise on CLP-745 from time to time? Almost negligible on CLP-735.
Is it a defect? Is it common? Is it related to the pedal or not? Maybe a style of playing?
That noise creates an unacceptable distraction to me.
Previously I met a couple of comments that CLP-745 has the sustain pedal with noise.
(for instance, here https://www.thomann.de/intl/by/yamaha_clp_745_r.htm)
Probably that is related, not sure.

CLP-745 owners and others, please comment.

(ad)
Sweetwater Gifts That Rock
thepianodream #3068420 01/12/21 02:13 PM
T
T
Originally Posted by thepianodream
Hello there!
Finally I have read all the topic pages (76 of them!).
And I must admit I enjoyed it very much wink
Thank you!

Have you noticed the terrible clicking/shuffling noise on CLP-745 from time to time? Almost negligible on CLP-735.
Is it a defect? Is it common? Is it related to the pedal or not? Maybe a style of playing?
That noise creates an unacceptable distraction to me.
Previously I met a couple of comments that CLP-745 has the sustain pedal with noise.
(for instance, here https://www.thomann.de/intl/by/yamaha_clp_745_r.htm)
Probably that is related, not sure.

CLP-745 owners and others, please comment.
I don't have any noise on mine...
My previous piano 625 had pedal noise it was squeaking noise though

Tiva #3068563 01/12/21 09:53 PM
C
C
[align:center][/align]I never noticed it before but my 745 pedals do make “clicking” type noises beyond the standard thump when pushing / releasing quickly ... not enough to really bother me though . If I am gradual with the pedals there is no noise, only sometimes on quick press or release.

Apart from the pedals all is OK though

Last edited by computron; 01/12/21 09:55 PM.
9190 #3068569 01/12/21 10:06 PM
C
C
Actually this YouTube video is simliar to what I have, although I'd say the problem is more intermittent and less annoying on mine than shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ZCH0wyaOw

The comments on the video say there is a big spring underneath the pedal you need to feel for and reposition. I haven't tried this (note - this is *not* the pedal height adjustment knob, I have that down to the floor) but if someone has success and can post a good description I can try as well.

The post says:

"Actually it is very simple to fix it. If you put your finger under pedal, you will find big spring there. I had this clicking issue only on one pedal (the one on the right side). The spring under this pedal was pushed a bit to side out from piano (closer to player). I just pushed it few milimetres back (closer to piano) with my finger and everything was ok. Please check the position of springs under "non clicking" pedals, I am sure you will find it wink."

9190 #3068572 01/12/21 10:20 PM
C
C
Ok I was skeptical but the "push the big spring underneath the pedal back" seems to have actually done the trick in my case. There is no disassembly or anything required, just a thumb and like 10 seconds of time.

9190 #3068610 01/13/21 03:18 AM
T
T
Thank you for clarifying the pedal issue on some Yamahas.
Hope that easy fix works for vast majority of cases.

Regarding the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oBNXBQU_WU
I have inspected it more carefully, especially section 0:50-0:55.
Sometimes the noise is coming out when his leg is not moving. Now I am pretty sure that the most of the noise on CLP-745 is coming from the keyboard action, not the pedal.

Last edited by thepianodream; 01/13/21 03:19 AM.
jeffcat #3068727 01/13/21 11:10 AM
C
C
Originally Posted by jeffcat
@ CentauriB

Can you measure the 785 weight at the very bottom of the key. If you run out of weights, you can add nickles they're about 5g each.

The minimum weight it takes to keep it all the way at the bottom.

I don't have enough Cents right now. I hate it if my wallet is swollen with worthless coins grin
If the key is pressed down very very slowly there is a very pronounced resistance at the letoff point. If you play the piano, very slowly or faster it doesn't matter, then this resistance is basically gone. I don't know how this works mechanically.

Last edited by CentauriB; 01/13/21 11:11 AM.
9190 #3068956 01/14/21 03:19 AM
M
Online Content
M
Here's another review of the CLP-735 (in German).

Kawai Novus NV10; Kawai MP11SE

Adult beginner
Hugh Sung, Popular Piano course (in progress)
9190 #3069194 01/14/21 09:10 PM
J
J
Anybody get their hands/ears on a CLP-795GP yet? I have only seen one review from an owner over on the piano guys store site.

Yamaha Arius YDP-S54
JimMundy #3069235 01/15/21 12:49 AM
P
P
I finally received mine after a really long wait. Its really awesome. The sound is incredible on the cfx. Feel free to pm me with any questions. I was in your shoes desperately trying to find any reviews online too.

Piano985 #3069455 01/15/21 01:38 PM
J
J
That’s awesome! So glad to hear you are pleased! Was it delivered in the factory box or did your dealer assemble and deliver? What part of the world are you in? I think I can tell that on here but I am relatively new.

Yamaha Arius YDP-S54
JimMundy #3069530 01/15/21 04:57 PM
P
P
It came in a box and was assembled by the dealer. Very simple assembly. One person did the assembly and we helped tilt it upright after the legs were attached. I was glad they delivered and assembled it but its not very technical if you had to do so yourself with the help from a friend.

To echo an earlier post...You literally think your headphones aren't working with the cfx sound because its so realistic. Cool technology. USA.

9190 #3069906 Yesterday at 03:29 PM
C
C
One of my (few) disappointments with the CLP 745 is that I felt the sound was a little bit muddy through the speakers. Today I realized that the default settings probably aren't very well tuned to the room, which is fairly large with medium tall ceilings and wood floors. The space provides a decent amount of natural reverb. Thus, using the "Piano Room" feature to turn off the reverb entirely seems to recover clarity in sound, and there is enough room reverb that the sound doesn't need simulated reverb coming through the speakers which in my opinion removes clarity.

Anyway - if you are in a larger space with wood floors, I suggest experimenting with how you like the speaker sound with the synthetic reverb turned off, you might prefer that. If only there were a way to automatically turn reverb on when using headphones and off when playing through speakers ... since I think it makes sense that ideal piano sound settings (not just reverb but also other sound parameters) will be different when playing in a real space through 745 speakers versus through your own set of headphones which has its own characteristics.

computron #3069990 Yesterday at 06:06 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by computron
Originally Posted by mareg
Has anyone had an issue with a section of keys "buzzing" in the CLP-745?

This seemed to happen recently with my instrument. One section of the keyboard (seems to be ~1 octave, maybe a bit less) rattles/buzzes when pressing the note. Other keys surrounding it don't have this problem. I don't remember this being the case when I first got the instrument ~2 weeks ago. And no, I didn't drop anything in the key bed!

I have a buzzing E4 key on my p-515. Only when playing on the built-in speakers. It is quite jarring and can trow me off sometimes. It is like the vibration of an haptic phone key press. It never vibrates with headphones so I've decided to live with the issue.

For me it was happening even with speakers off, and it was almost an octave ... anyway it seems to have mostly disappeared by itself (to the point where a repair person would probably call me crazy if I brought someone in) so onwards I guess ...

I did manage to record a video while there was still a problem, if others end up having the same issue I can upload.

Hum... that's very interesting. I tried a CLP-785 at a local store and the central octave had a quite annoying buzzing sound only in the right speaker, as if the amplifier was maxed out. I asked a member of the staff if it was a problem with that specific unit, but he said he couldn't hear it. I brought a friend with me and she noticed the problem before I said anything, so she wasn't biased. Could you please upload the video? I'm curious to hear if it's the same problem I noticed.

candamil #3070005 Yesterday at 06:36 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by candamil
Originally Posted by mareg
Has anyone had an issue with a section of keys "buzzing" in the CLP-745?

This seemed to happen recently with my instrument. One section of the keyboard (seems to be ~1 octave, maybe a bit less) rattles/buzzes when pressing the note. Other keys surrounding it don't have this problem. I don't remember this being the case when I first got the instrument ~2 weeks ago. And no, I didn't drop anything in the key bed!

I have a buzzing E4 key on my p-515. Only when playing on the built-in speakers. It is quite jarring and can trow me off sometimes. It is like the vibration of an haptic phone key press. It never vibrates with headphones so I've decided to live with the issue.

For me it was happening even with speakers off, and it was almost an octave ... anyway it seems to have mostly disappeared by itself (to the point where a repair person would probably call me crazy if I brought someone in) so onwards I guess ...

I did manage to record a video while there was still a problem, if others end up having the same issue I can upload.

Hum... that's very interesting. I tried a CLP-785 at a local store and the central octave had a quite annoying buzzing sound only in the right speaker, as if the amplifier was maxed out. I asked a member of the staff if it was a problem with that specific unit, but he said he couldn't hear it. I brought a friend with me and she noticed the problem before I said anything, so she wasn't biased. Could you please upload the video? I'm curious to hear if it's the same problem I noticed.

The buzzing I heard, I realized later, was the result of user error; without going into embarrassing specifics, the consequence of having small kids in the home. Zero fault of Yamaha or the unit. Anyway all is well now and it's completely gone. So at this point, the only deficiency of my unit was the pedal noise I mentioned a little earlier in the thread, which is gone after pushing the spring under the pedal. Overall I'm quite happy with the build quality.

9190 #3070007 Yesterday at 06:43 PM
M
Online Content
M
Almo music published a video of the 785 but to be quite honest I'm not even sure it is worth looking. He didn't even talk about the improved touch.

Yamaha P-515
Page 77 of 77 1 2 75 76 77

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
100,000!
---------------------
NEW! Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Has Anyone Installed a newer version of a Pianodisc?
by Brian Sweeney - 01/17/21 04:12 PM
Default BVoice After Power On
by John Mil - 01/17/21 04:10 PM
Short, piano gems from Spain
by iamandrew3 - 01/17/21 04:04 PM
Online jazz courses
by Gman209 - 01/17/21 03:40 PM
Default Voice After Power Up
by John Mil - 01/17/21 02:57 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics204,333
Posts3,048,046
Members100,100
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission