2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (David B, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, dh371, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, 10 invisible), 1,199 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
dmd Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
D
Right now .... until the end of June there is a deal for jazz piano instruction at .....

https://jazzedge.com/no-bull-piano-lessons/

In my opinion, there is nothing even close to this for quality instruction at that price.

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Don,

I seem to remember that you also tried out PianoWithJonny, how does this site compare to that?

Tom

Yamaha NU1X, Sennheiser HD 599 headphones, PianoTeq Studio Steinway Model D and Petrof instrument packs
D
dmd Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Peddler100
Don,

I seem to remember that you also tried out PianoWithJonny, how does this site compare to that?

Tom

Piano with Jonny is good, also.

Willie Myette just seems a bit more "authentic" in the jazz / blues world, to me anyway.

And ... he has a ton of material to choose from.

The best is for you to try them for a short time and see for yourself.

Many (if not most) of these sites are willing to give you a test period where they will fully refund your money if you are not happy.

Just let me add that this NO BULL PIANO deal is the best deal I have ever seen for quality jazz/blues on-line instruction. There is nothing available that even comes close to this. 10 bucks a month ... are you kidding me ? LOL ...

It ends at the end of this month (June).

Last edited by dmd; 06/28/20 09:17 AM.

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Thanks Don,

I am currently a Piano with Jonny Member but will give Jazz Edge a try though probably later so I will miss the current pricing special. Still at the regular price of $12.99 per month it looks to be a good deal. Have you looked at any of the Jazz Standards courses? What I am looking for is not how to play a specific standard but techniques or methods to develop my own arrangement from The Real book or any fake sheet for that matter. I see that there are some courses in the No Bull site but it looks like even more in the main site.

Tom

Yamaha NU1X, Sennheiser HD 599 headphones, PianoTeq Studio Steinway Model D and Petrof instrument packs
D
dmd Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
D
Thanks Don,

I am currently a Piano with Jonny Member but will give Jazz Edge a try though probably later so I will miss the current pricing special. Still at the regular price of $12.99 per month it looks to be a good deal. Have you looked at any of the Jazz Standards courses? What I am looking for is not how to play a specific standard but techniques or methods to develop my own arrangement from The Real book or any fake sheet for that matter. I see that there are some courses in the No Bull site but it looks like even more in the main site.

Tom

Yes, the main site (Jazzedge) will give you "more" of that sort of thing.

However, what is in the NO BULL PIANO site will take you a long way before anything more is needed.

I have looked it over very carefully and decided it is worth me switching from Jazzedge to NOBULL .... because the savings is significant.

I just can't get past the idea of getting that material for $10 / mo. It is unbelieveable to me.

Not to mention, you get monthly group on-line coaching sessions included for help if you need it.

Don

D
dmd Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
D
Thanks Don,

I am currently a Piano with Jonny Member but will give Jazz Edge a try though probably later ....

I am also a member of Piano with Jonny and if I can get the same deal when this one runs out, I might go for it.

He does have some material that I can benefit from.

Don

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
However, You do have to pay for a full year. The monthly fee is a little more. His concentration is the blues. I tried it for a month or two when I still had the full membership. I bought his Cocktail Piano course a couple of years ago. It is closer to what I like. It could be what you are looking for Tom, if you want to write your own arrangements. Willy teaches you to develop your own arrangement from a chart. Including substituting chords (reharmonizing). In all the lessons on standards I have taken from him, he likes to change the chords from the lead sheet to make it sound more interesting.

I bought it when it wasn't included in the PianowithWilly membership. Now you have to join the main site for $39 a month or $27 if you pay for a year. But, you will then get all his stuff.

He is good. But really, it's all about learning all 60 7th chords in different inversions with tensions. For me, it is difficult enough to learn to play the chords on the fly from the lead sheet. My ambition is to play without memorizing an arrangement. Not even my own arrangement.

Right now, I am working with Bill Rinehart's JazzPianoOnline. His focus for me is ALL of those chords. Practicing with lead sheets using the iReal app. I am impressed with his personal attention to how you are doing through email, and also how responsive he is to my emails. He also offers personal online lessons. Which I intend to try when I feel I've mastered all those chords!

Kawai NV10

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission