2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (bwv543, Andre Fadel, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,172 guests, and 282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
SwissMS Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
torquenale - Life happens! I will put you back on the wagon May 15.

G
Gary001
Unregistered
Gary001
Unregistered
G
Forgive me for I have sinned... After finishing work last night, I watched The Hobbit part 2 and since it's 3 hours long, that was the night gone and no practice occurred frown

P
P
Hi,

Sorry for being so absent from the forum. I feel off the wagon majorly. I didn't practice from Jan. 5th- May 22nd. I did really fall of majorly. But I am happy to report that I am now 2 days in to being back on the wagon as of May 23rd and back to really using MOYD.

Last edited by Pianist@Heart; 05/24/20 03:56 PM.

[Linked Image]
SwissMS Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Gary001 - Darn those Hobbits! I will put you back on the wagon as of May 22.

Pianist@Heart - Welcome back! I will put you back on the wagon May 24.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I developed a severe case of allergic contact dermatitis on 14 May, went to Urgent Care and got put on 3 steroids including oral prednisone. In the worse of the itching and inflamation, I still practiced every day until 24 May when I had a major reaction to the high dosage of prednisone, and that knocked me out 24-25 May from practicing at all. My first down time since I started the 2020 MOYD on 1 January. cry Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow and be able to practice again.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
Oh how bad, I feel so sorry for you!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yvonne

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
SwissMS Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Tyrone Slothrop - Oh my goodness, that sounds awful! I hope you are doing better! I will add May 24-25 to your excused list.

Greetings, all!

I know this is a late start, but I'd like to join in on the pledge this year.

SwissMS Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Skullie - Welcome to MOYD! I will add you to our late starter's group.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I off the bandwagon until further notice.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
When it rains, it pours. Do to a continued bad drug reaction, I was again too sick to play piano yesterday evening, 27 May, but feel better today and am back on the bandwagon.

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
SwissMS Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Triryche - I hope everything is OK. I will remove you from our list. I will add you back as a late starter is you come back.

Tyrone Slothrop - It sounds like you are having a rough time of it> I will add May 27 to your excused list.

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Haven't posted since January, but wanted to say that so far in 2020, I've played or practiced on all but 3 days; from March 5, I've had a perfect record.

I started with a new teacher in October, after 2 years without one, & it's working out really well. In-person lessons have been cancelled since the beginning of the virus "distancing," but my teacher set up lessons on Zoom. I had my doubts, but decided I should at least try it & it's working out really well. It's not perfect - there've been a couple of technical glitches, & some things just aren't possible in a "virtual" lesson - but overall, I am SO GLAD she decided to try it.

Carol
(Started playing July 2008)

[Linked Image]
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I wasn't able to practice yesterday, May 31st, due to a continued bad reaction to the course of prednisone that I've been on, which is my 4th non-practicing day this year, all of these in this two week period when I've been sick. I'm back on the wagon today and am excited to have a piano lesson this morning, which I haven't had since I first got sick back on May 14th. Hopefully these trials are coming to an end as today is my last day of my course of prednisone.

[Linked Image]

SwissMS Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Tyrone Slothrop - You have really had a tough time of it! I will add May 31 to your list.

Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
I'm back on the wagon today and am excited to have a piano lesson this morning, which I haven't had since I first got sick back on May 14th.
An online lesson?

I wasn't able to practice yesterday, May 31st, due to a continued bad reaction to the course of prednisone that I've been on
My wife had an issue with the prednisone years ago. She lit up like a light bulb and felt her heart out of her chest. Bad times.

I hope you get better soon.

Jaime CLP-645
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I give up for 2020.
It's a bad time for me, and I can't afford an additional stress.
So far MOYD has been a useful stimulus for my playing, but not now.

Keep playing for me too!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Sol Finker
I'm back on the wagon today and am excited to have a piano lesson this morning, which I haven't had since I first got sick back on May 14th.
An online lesson?
Yes! I've never had an in-person piano lesson in my life! Ironically, I was all set up for life in COVID times before COVID appeared.

I wasn't able to practice yesterday, May 31st, due to a continued bad reaction to the course of prednisone that I've been on
My wife had an issue with the prednisone years ago. She lit up like a light bulb and felt her heart out of her chest. Bad times.
Prednisone is powerful stuff. About a week ago, I asked my doctor if I could stop taking it early and he said 'no', but my dosages reduced continually until yesterday's last dose. All the steroids can be strong. One of the other two I had to take, which is also now done with, could cause gangrene! I'm hoping all of the bad reaction thing is now a thing of the past.

I hope you get better soon.
Thanks!

[Linked Image]

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
I don't seem to be able to get past this allergic contact dermatitis thing, which took me down for so long. I had drug reactions before, but now that my course of prednisone had ended a few days ago, the worst has happened - the allergic contact dermatitis which was in abeyance during my 2 weeks of prednisone has now returned with a vengeance! cry So yes, I'm saying this here because I again was down and didn't play yesterday June 4th, which is not good since I have a piano lesson in 5 hours. I will be back on the wagon today. So it's been 5 days I've been not pianoing in 2020.

[Linked Image]

SwissMS Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Tyrone Slothrop - I will add June 4 to your list. Do you know what is causing the contact dermatitis? It sounds like you are still exposed to something you are sensitive to. I hope things settle down for you!

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission