2. Can you regulate the heaviness of pedal in Novus n10? It was much heavier than in a real grand piano in the one I tested
Yes, my NV10's pedal was very heavy too. Kawai sent a technician who had a new spring that could make it lighter. And the spring can be removed completely to make it very light. So, pedal heaviness shouldn't be a deal breaker.
3. Connecting N1 to Garritan CFX - can you play it through internal N1 speakers with a proper loudness (in my CLP230 the volume is too low if I play it directly out of my laptop). Proper loudness = similar to volume range of internal samples.
Yes, N1 has a line-in. So, you can connect your line-out from PC to N1 and play via N1's speakers. However, if you are planning to do this, I would highly recommend N1X over N1 - as N1X has a built-in sound card - so you can achieve this at a higher quality and with a single USB cable.
5. CA99 soundboard made me feel all of the sound comes from behind the piano, while even in upright you still feel that front of the piano is "singing to you". Even when I placed it 20 cm from the wall. It is probably due to the room acoustic, but I wonder - will this design make this instrument behavior vary much more on room acoustic than other instruments? May it be a defect of top speakers in this model? Has anyone had the same impression anywhere?
I don't know the answer to your CA99 question. But, if N1 and CA99 are in the same price range - N1 would be my personal choice.
- find out most important differences between n1 and n1x. Test the n1x. If I will feel difference a lot - gather money and wait/test the heck out of Novus n10 and n1x in the meantime. If not - go for n1.
There are significant differences between N1X and N1 - check out the moster N1X thread. Most people are very happy with the binural samples. Also, the built in sound card is an excellent feature if you plan to use VSTs.
- go for CA99, swallow the touchscreen, hope that I will get used to this tiny feeling of springiness. Or go for N1UX, swallow the fact that I will be the uprightpianoguy, I don't need to play fist repetitions, right? hm...
When you are spending this much money, don't swallow anything. If you are not going to be fully happy, why spend so much money?
- Wait for 785 out of curiosity and just postpone everything. Procrastination is a new trend
Man, I do overthink stuff...
Life is short - why wait?
. And, when you are spending as much on Hybrid DPs as they cost, overthinking is not a bad thing, IMHO
Good luck in your search.