2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Who's Online Now
67 members (chopinetto, Carey, astrotoy, blueviewlaguna., apianostudent, Charles Cohen, 8ude, 19 invisible), 525 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Choosing between DP and hybrid-feedback after hands-on
podski #2983734 05/25/20 01:37 PM
Great review.
Thank you!

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. (falsely attributed to Plato)
Vlad,
Adult beginner
podski #2983751 05/25/20 01:53 PM
O
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by podski
2. Can you regulate the heaviness of pedal in Novus n10? It was much heavier than in a real grand piano in the one I tested

Yes, my NV10's pedal was very heavy too. Kawai sent a technician who had a new spring that could make it lighter. And the spring can be removed completely to make it very light. So, pedal heaviness shouldn't be a deal breaker.

3. Connecting N1 to Garritan CFX - can you play it through internal N1 speakers with a proper loudness (in my CLP230 the volume is too low if I play it directly out of my laptop). Proper loudness = similar to volume range of internal samples.

Yes, N1 has a line-in. So, you can connect your line-out from PC to N1 and play via N1's speakers. However, if you are planning to do this, I would highly recommend N1X over N1 - as N1X has a built-in sound card - so you can achieve this at a higher quality and with a single USB cable.

5. CA99 soundboard made me feel all of the sound comes from behind the piano, while even in upright you still feel that front of the piano is "singing to you". Even when I placed it 20 cm from the wall. It is probably due to the room acoustic, but I wonder - will this design make this instrument behavior vary much more on room acoustic than other instruments? May it be a defect of top speakers in this model? Has anyone had the same impression anywhere?

I don't know the answer to your CA99 question. But, if N1 and CA99 are in the same price range - N1 would be my personal choice.

- find out most important differences between n1 and n1x. Test the n1x. If I will feel difference a lot - gather money and wait/test the heck out of Novus n10 and n1x in the meantime. If not - go for n1.
There are significant differences between N1X and N1 - check out the moster N1X thread. Most people are very happy with the binural samples. Also, the built in sound card is an excellent feature if you plan to use VSTs.

- go for CA99, swallow the touchscreen, hope that I will get used to this tiny feeling of springiness. Or go for N1UX, swallow the fact that I will be the uprightpianoguy, I don't need to play fist repetitions, right? hm...
When you are spending this much money, don't swallow anything. If you are not going to be fully happy, why spend so much money?

- Wait for 785 out of curiosity and just postpone everything. Procrastination is a new trend smile

Man, I do overthink stuff... wink

Life is short - why wait? smile. And, when you are spending as much on Hybrid DPs as they cost, overthinking is not a bad thing, IMHO smile.

Good luck in your search.

Osho

Last edited by Osho; 05/25/20 02:00 PM.

Mason & Hamlin BB
Kawai Novus NV10 + VST. Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Pianoteq 6/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
podski #2983756 05/25/20 01:58 PM
P
podski Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thank you Osho for many interesting points! Will dig more through N1X thread. I would love to compare N1 and N1X side by side - will try to find out a place where I can.

johnstaf #2983764 05/25/20 02:18 PM
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by johnstaf
Originally Posted by Frédéric L
The noise gate can be enabled or disabled on the N1X. However, the N1X supports audio over USB, then no need to worry about the AUX IN noise gate.

I seem to remember someone saying that it can't be bypassed in the N1, but it could in the N2 and N3. I have no idea if that's true or not about the N1.

The N2/N3 manual signal this issue and propose to increase the level of the input device....

Yamaha CLP150, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Where Did The Buttons Go?!
----------------------
Our April 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
The Piano World During the Pandemic!
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Eleanor Sokoloff RIP
by pianoloverus - 07/13/20 04:15 PM
Winter NAMM 2021 - Proceed or Cancel?
by PianoManChuck - 07/13/20 03:55 PM
Roland A-88mk2 - clunky black keys?
by Karnevil - 07/13/20 01:53 PM
PianoLink International Amateur Competition
by SiFi - 07/13/20 01:17 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics200,234
Posts2,980,250
Members97,760
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission