2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (20/20 Vision, 36251, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, 9 invisible), 1,447 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sam S Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MarieJ
Am I the only one who has ever spent ages polishing a piece, finally achieved a passable recording, breathed a deep sigh of relief - only to suddenly notice a glaring error, practised conscientiously right from the very beginning? cry

Oh yes, the infamous F natural/F flat controversy of 2019. I still don't know which one is right...

Sa,

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MarieJ
Am I the only one who has ever spent ages polishing a piece, finally achieved a passable recording, breathed a deep sigh of relief - only to suddenly notice a glaring error, practised conscientiously right from the very beginning? cry

I did that on a Satie Gymnopedie. Practiced for ever, finally recorded after numerous tries, put it up on Youtube and entered it in the recital and.... a wrong note played over and over. I thought it sounded right (Satie is a bit out in left field) but a listener with better ears than mine pointed it out right away.

Sam S Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
One week + one day left to get your submission in for recital #58! The recital will close for submissions at 6AM US Eastern time on May 15th.

All you need to participate in the recital is an mp3 recording of your playing - recording yourself is the hard part, submitting is easy.

Videos are optional, but we love to watch videos. Upload your video to youtube (or someplace similar) and provide the link when you submit your piece.

I got asked the other day by PM if you need to record yourself twice, once for the mp3 and once for the video. That would be double the pain! Make the video, then extract the audio as an mp3. There are many ways to do this - one way is with audacity. Audacity is a free program available for pcs and macs. It only edits audio, not video, but you can load a video file and export the audio as an mp3.

If you only have a smart phone or a tablet you can still participate. There are apps available to record mp3s, edit videos, and share audio.

If you still can't figure it out, at the upload stage of the submission process, there is an option to email the admin later. Email me or PM me on this site, and I will help you or find someone with the experience and knowledge to help you.

And you can always ask in the forum for help with the recording process.

I have also been asked why we require an mp3 for the recitals and not just a link to a video. Videos have a way of disappearing. By uploading an mp3, at least we have the audio.

Good luck!

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index

Gold Supporter until Sept. 05 2014
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
I just uploaded my video & my mp3! It took me half an hour of cursing, and it's a little slow, as usual, but it's not too bad either, so after a few skipped recitals, I'm in! What a relief laugh

W
WTM Offline
W
Just submitted some Schubert. Hope you like it.

Bechstein A114
Enjoying piano since May 2018
My Youtube
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
I just uploaded my Joplin. I'm with Sinophilia - after a few skipped recitals - whew! And, per usual, I've played it better at home laugh but it's not bad. I'm looking forward to keeping it in my repertoire and playing some all Joplin gigs at senior homes, if we can ever get back to playing in one - I'd be surprised if it's before the end of the year, tho frown Hope everyone's doing well in these strange times.

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
Sam S Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
That's great Cathy! It will be good to hear some Joplin...

Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
SamS -- A quick note to let you know that I've submitted a rendition of "Thoreau" to complement your "The Alcotts" in the last Quarterly. I will be interested to hear your thoughts regarding it (and other listeners, for that matter).

Sam S Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
That' s great Tim - looking forward to it!

5 days left to get your submissions in - don't be left out. Looks like we have 35 performances so far. Everything from Tim's Ives to Joplin, Mozart, Chopin, Schumann, show tunes, movie music, original compositions, an improv from Ted - a little bit of everything!

Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by Sam S
That's great Cathy! It will be good to hear some Joplin...

Sam

Thanks, Sam - it as least has some tinkly sound smile

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by sinophilia
I just uploaded my video & my mp3! It took me half an hour of cursing, and it's a little slow, as usual, but it's not too bad either, so after a few skipped recitals, I'm in! What a relief laugh
Dunno what Italian women sound like swearing (you might not be Italian of course) but British women do it beautifully . . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by peterws
Dunno what Italian women sound like swearing (you might not be Italian of course) but British women do it beautifully . . . .

You don't want to know... (I swear a lot) blush

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I managed to get a piece in this recital. For me this will be 8 years and to the month for participating; but the last 2 years have been hit and miss, as far as practicing and being motivated .
Anyway, I got my Marantz amplifier "fixed"[ you can almost call it tuned], to a degree- and it is pure sound that makes even a px 100 sound fine ..[to me].
Otherwise the piece I submitted , although easy is emotional. "The Sound of Silence" by Paul Simon.
I also posted a popular poem because I came across it in my educational/internet journeys, in the details .
I look forward to the recital.!

Sam S Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
One day left to join the fun. At about this time tomorrow morning - 6AM US Eastern time - I will close the recital, then take it "live".

Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
I just recorded and submitted short piece on a whim. I didn't plan to participate, still didn't work out better method of recording, but wanted to be part of this party anyway.

Originally Posted by Sam S
One day left to join the fun. At about this time tomorrow morning - 6AM US Eastern time - I will close the recital, then take it "live".

Sam
OOOH! Sounds like about 10am for UK . . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
The people including myself who already submitted their pieces, 1 more day to get feedback and appreciation of all the hard work we all put in.

A
A
I forgot about the recitals, I submitted my first piece in a few years! I also just got a new piano this week, so it'll take time for me to get use to playing a full size piano and not a 71 size:)

Last edited by Augustina; 05/14/20 02:52 PM.

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spot1530
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
I’m in at #50. And I’m not the last person! I do believe though that mine is the only Einaudi.

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
P
P
Submitted my lastest Bach. Hope I made it wink

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission