2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Who's Online Now
33 members (AZNpiano, David B, caffree, chopinetto, DSC, bobrunyan, emenelton, Chrispy, 7 invisible), 439 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 68 of 73 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 72 73
Re: Other people do Piano Marvel?
Sarah65 #2973671 05/01/20 12:00 PM
J
J
Another bit of music that waits for you on level 5E smile I hope you will enjoy it and run there with your practice to play it one day smile Let's keep going... All of us smile

pianopracticechallenge.com
Piano Marvel discount code: jw (practice every day - result will come fast smile )
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Sarah65 #2973750 05/01/20 03:33 PM
W
W
Originally Posted by Sarah65
Originally Posted by TomInCinci
I'll eventually find it, but does anyone have the link to the description of how to enter a score and upload it to PM? I mean from scratch, software, version, things that don't work, etc.

I've been sick for over a month and I want to ease back in by learning something I like. I think I played piano at least a few minutes every day but only pieces I could play from memory, nothing that took any mental acuity.

All I know by experience is that Piano Marvel sometimes responds badly or incorrectly to following notations:
1. Tempo: make sure that all tempo changes are removed, also somewhere in the middle of the piece.
2. Pick up notes or rest in the 1st measure
3. Change of staff in the middle of a measure
4. The notation of trills and triplets
Before uploading always compare your * .musicxml file with the original, note by note and ornament and expression symbols.
Always create your midi from your musicxml file, because it must be exactly the same.

I just wanted to prove this wrong by creating a score with lots of tempo changes, triplets and key changes!

WalthervonStolzing #2974057 05/02/20 12:40 PM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by WalthervonStolzing
[quote=TomInCinci]I'll eventually find it, but does anyone have the link to the description of how to enter a score and upload it to PM? I mean from scratch, software, version, things that don't work, etc.

I've been sick for over a month and I want to ease back in by learning something I like. I think I played piano at least a few minutes every day but only pieces I could play from memory, nothing that took any mental acuity.

I just wanted to prove this wrong by creating a score with lots of tempo changes, triplets and key changes!
I have said, sometimes, and in the meantime, the software has been worked on and problems have been solved.

Piano Marvel level 4B and everything I like smile
Sarah65 #2974500 05/03/20 03:10 PM
T
T
Completed 'Heart and Soul' today.

I really enjoyed this one and I felt that I learned a lot. It taught me not to glue my fingers to the keys and to trust in my judgement of where a particular key is. It also taught me that I can play a lot quicker than I thought I could.

It took about 2 days of practice, slowly upping the speed. I got 100% in my first attempt in 'Access" mode. It then took me a few more goes to eliminate all the red notes.

Finally it took me another 30 minutes before I could play it with style smile

treefrog #2974671 05/04/20 05:19 AM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by treefrog
Completed 'Heart and Soul' today.

I really enjoyed this one and I felt that I learned a lot. It taught me not to glue my fingers to the keys and to trust in my judgement of where a particular key is. It also taught me that I can play a lot quicker than I thought I could.

It took about 2 days of practice, slowly upping the speed. I got 100% in my first attempt in 'Access" mode. It then took me a few more goes to eliminate all the red notes.

Finally it took me another 30 minutes before I could play it with style smile

Nice one smile I liked it too

TomInCinci #2976313 05/07/20 04:56 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by TomInCinci
I'll eventually find it, but does anyone have the link to the description of how to enter a score and upload it to PM? I mean from scratch, software, version, things that don't work, etc.

Here you are! There definetly more we can do but this should be a good start: http://pianomarvel.com/uploads/documentation

millsj1134 #2976474 05/08/20 04:47 AM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by millsj1134
[quote=TomInCinci]

Here you are! There definetly more we can do but this should be a good start: http://pianomarvel.com/uploads/documentation

That's a great document, all questions answered. There is something that has been bothering me about PM for a while, I know you are busy, but ... Every time I want to look up something, either for myself or to help someone, I have to search for a long time. Is it not possible to organize and centralize EVERYTHING from Piano Marvel, all instructional videos, all lesson videos, all the song of the week videos, all the webinars etc ... on 1 web address? If everything could be found in one place, it was easy for everyone, now everything is spread on the internet, such a shame that all that useful information is so difficult to find. wink

millsj1134 #2976581 05/08/20 11:08 AM
W
W
Originally Posted by millsj1134
[quote=TomInCinci]

Thanks! The “Re-pitch Tool” was pure gold! I thought my method was pretty fast, but with this new trick... the notes will be flying on to the page in no time.

The ability to upload your own score in PM is just a complete game changer. PM was good before that implementation, but now there is no competition at all.

Sarah65 #2977004 05/09/20 12:48 PM
T
T
Would it be helpful for you if I would make a slow motion video of the second movement of this Beethoven sonata?
Like a “lead and imitate” tutorial?
If you wish you could PM me.

I ask because I am building up some videos for beginning piano players.

Sarah65 #2977059 05/09/20 02:28 PM
T
T
I started on the infamous 'Irish Jig' tonight.

I’ve read some horror stories on here about this one :j

treefrog #2977451 05/10/20 01:17 PM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline

That was really a showstopper for me when I started that. Now about 2 years later, I sometimes come across that in the SASR test and I get above 90% and it seems easy. I mean by that, the hardest things to learn give you the greatest progress on the piano path. Good luck! (look at the video)

Toni Goldener #2977453 05/10/20 01:18 PM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Toni Goldener
Would it be helpful for you if I would make a slow motion video of the second movement of this Beethoven sonata?
Like a “lead and imitate” tutorial?
If you wish you could PM me.

I ask because I am building up some videos for beginning piano players.

wrong sub?

Sarah65 #2977576 05/10/20 05:55 PM
T
T

That was really a showstopper for me when I started that. Now about 2 years later, I sometimes come across that in the SASR test and I get above 90% and it seems easy. I mean by that, the hardest things to learn give you the greatest progress on the piano path. Good luck! (look at the video)

I watched the video and to my delight there were no shortcuts.

I think I must be a masochist because I love these pieces. I can do it in 30 seconds over the required time with 2 wrong notes but that’s just where I want to be because I know that I can get rid of those 2 wrong notes and won’t be happy until I can knock 40 seconds off of my time.

My fingers will eventually sort it out laugh

Sarah65 #2977587 05/10/20 06:20 PM
T
T
@Sarah65

I’d just like to say a thank you for starting this thread. If it hadn’t been for you I may never have found this app.

"You're on You own now!" starts in Level 4. They think that most of us don't get any further, so why bother. I think level 4-5-6 is not possible without teacher in real life.

Since you’re still here, I guess that it is possible.

treefrog #2977727 05/11/20 05:04 AM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
@Sarah65

I’d just like to say a thank you for starting this thread. If it hadn’t been for you I may never have found this app.

"You're on You own now!" starts in Level 4. They think that most of us don't get any further, so why bother. I think level 4-5-6 is not possible without teacher in real life.

Since you’re still here, I guess that it is possible.

Thank you Treefrog, that was really nice to read. My path in PM is quite messy. The first three levels I did like a pit bull, biting and never letting go. And then level 4B "which child is this" came a song that I absolutely do not like to hear, and in technique I wrestle with two hands together, scales and arpeggios, so no combos for me. I'm stuck at level 4 ... but ... there's so much to find in the library besides method and technique that I'm focusing on that now, hoping to attack level 4/5/6 later. Ninja scales (fun), rhythm exercises, Bach scholar, Mikrokosmos, SASR getting 100% on all exercises, the Alfred books and so much more. Whatever you do in PM, you keep learning. P.S.I have a photo of a tree frog as a background on my computer screen laugh

Sarah65 #2978755 05/13/20 06:25 PM
T
T
I’ve just hit one of my least favourite types of piece and that’s the ones where your hands overlap.
For instance, at one place you play a G Major chord with the left hand and need to play the same D with the right.

Is there a rule for what to do in these situations? I assume that the right hand takes precedence as if not then I see no reason for even showing it.

If so, does the thumb of the left hand hover above it just to prove that it could have played it if it needed to? smile

treefrog #2978861 05/14/20 04:19 AM
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
If they are really written at the same time, I don't see why you would play it twice. If not, you can choose with which hand you feel most comfortable ... and yes, the free thumb should float a bit.

Sarah65 #2982207 05/21/20 02:20 PM
V
V
I'm a bit confused how the levels work - is it just the 1A-6E? Because it says with a trial account I can only play level one, but I have completed 1A-1E and started on 2A without a problem.

English Literature student ~ 24 ~ Casio PX-870
Sarah65 #2982226 05/21/20 03:13 PM
J
J
Do you remember Arabia and that it gives a lot of struggle playing. At least to some of us. Well... there is another one on level 5E though in Library section marked as level 6. Maybe that is why it gives such a hard time, though enjoyable because once it will be played well it sounds beautiful - to me at least. This piece is called Memories. Below you can see me still struggling with it but had to record to get some advice what to work on and how from my fellow more experienced pianist.

So enjoy watching and I hope you will not experience that hard time like me with it. Note: there is piece on level 5C (Canon in C). I moved from it too quickly not really mastering left hand on that piece and I think it would pay out playing that 5E - Memories - piece of music. So, just sharing my thoughts here, where I did a bit of mistake and moved to next level too quickly.

pianopracticechallenge.com
Piano Marvel discount code: jw (practice every day - result will come fast smile )
Sarah65 #2982847 05/23/20 02:40 PM
S
S
I am getting Unexpected Errors when I try lo load some lessons in the Method Level 2 library. Other lessons load fine. Is anybody else getting that error?

Page 68 of 73 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 72 73

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Where Did The Buttons Go?!
----------------------
Our April 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
The Piano World During the Pandemic!
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Modern Alternatives to the Metronome
by navindra - 07/13/20 08:10 PM
Eleanor Sokoloff RIP
by pianoloverus - 07/13/20 04:15 PM
Winter NAMM 2021 - Proceed or Cancel?
by PianoManChuck - 07/13/20 03:55 PM
Roland A-88mk2 - clunky black keys?
by Karnevil - 07/13/20 01:53 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics200,237
Posts2,980,383
Members97,760
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission