2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
60 members (Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 11 invisible), 1,849 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
OP Offline
L
Hi,

Does anyone have a favorite website they like to purchase music from (besides Amazon)?

Sarah
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
that will depend on which country you are in. Amazon Australia isn't the best, and I have found Bookdepository.com to be pretty good. However I believe they are based in the UK and so there may be delays in shipments.

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
F
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
F
University of Tennessee Sheet Music Collection
Lester S. Levy Sheet Music Collection
YorkSpace Repository
Library of Congress Notated Music

There's a few to keep anyone busy for a very long time and none of them will cost you a cent.

(There's a fair bit of crap in these collections but there's some mighty good stuff too. I recommend Albert Von Tilzer, his brother Harry Von Tilzer and Irving Berlin as a place to start.

If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country and Western!
Casio Celviano AP-650
K
K
Music Espresso is in Boston (looks like you're in New Hampshire); they're awesome!!

I'm kschwarz1116 on youtube

Unless I mention otherwise, I always like constructive feedback.
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
well if we are talking about for free, then you also have imslp.org for sheet music in the public domain

Surprisingly easy, barely an inconvenience.

Kawai K8 & Kawai Novus NV10

13x[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
S
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
S
I dont like too much Amazon just because most of the time the sheets have some flaws when they arrive. So i typically buy from specialized music on line stores. Most that i know are in europe or UK like Boosey. They can be sometimes more expensive (though not always) and the shipping is a little more costly but they arrive in perfect condition. I dont know the US market that well but I assume there are plenty of local online stores.

Blüthner model 6
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
For downloadable/PDF purchases - https://www.musicnotes.com

What I like:
- they remember all my purchases
- download PDFs directly in ForScore
- many arrangements from popular online artists

We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams.
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
If I lived in the US, I’d probably buy lots of stuff from sheetmusicplus.com. They seem to have everything I would want. I purchased a downloadable arrangement there once and was happy with it but haven’t purchased any hard copies yet because of the international shipping costs. Why pay for international shipping fees when I can buy locally for free shipping/pickup? But if I couldn’t find something locally (which I haven’t encountered yet) I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from sheetmusicplus.

Last edited by WeakLeftHand; 05/05/20 06:41 AM.

Kawai K500
S
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
PW Gold Subscriber
S
I tend to first check at http://www.thejuilliardstore.com/ online music store
Great quality, nicely packed and much faster than others. Plus I like supporting an actual brick and mortar store.

E
EPW Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
E
I still remember the Carl Fisher store in downtown Chicago. I really miss it. It was wonderful to browse the music in your hands. Oh well times change.
I have used musicnotes and recommend them too for downloadable music. Sheetmusicplus I have gotten plenty delivered over the years. What I like about Sheetmusicplus is that the music so far has always been in "New" condition. Amazon my wife brought a few times and the condition was not the best. Plus I like to support the more specialty online shops if at all possible.

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
J
Online Embarrased
J
I like sheetmusicplus.com, although shipping is typically 1-2 weeks and it's usually not free. They often have good sales (20% of certain types of music) so I usually keep an eye on my wishlist and stock up when things go on sale.

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
It depends on what I'm buying. I like musicnotes.com a lot, and if I'm wanting to buy sheet for a single piece, I tend to buy from them. If I'm buying a book of something, I start with sheetmusicplus.com because I want to patronize them as much as possible so they stay in business. I like that a lot of times music is rated for difficulty.

I do buy from Amazon as well, depending on what I'm looking for. I don't think it's accurate to say "Amazon scores have mistakes," it really depends on who published the score.

I also will buy sheets direct from a composer's website (e.g., Nevue, McLaughlin, Wesley, who else?)

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by EPW
I have used musicnotes and recommend them too for downloadable music. Sheetmusicplus I have gotten plenty delivered over the years. What I like about Sheetmusicplus is that the music so far has always been in "New" condition. Amazon my wife brought a few times and the condition was not the best. Plus I like to support the more specialty online shops if at all possible.

I have also had the problem of music books and other books arriving from Amazon in less than ideal condition. For me, it was because they ship books in paper/plastic bags instead of those nice protective cardboard book shippers. I hate that they do that!

Last edited by WeakLeftHand; 05/05/20 11:13 AM.

Kawai K500
J
Online Embarrased
J
Originally Posted by WeakLeftHand
I have also had the problem of music books and other books arriving from Amazon in less than ideal condition. For me, it was because they ship books in paper/plastic bags instead of those nice protective cardboard book shippers. I hate that they do that!

Grrrr me too, because they get folded in half to fit in the mailbox. mad

B
B
I'm surprised that Amazon USA are so lax with their packaging.

In the UK, I've bought lots of books from Amazon UK: hardcover, softcover, music volumes & books, slim or thick, and they've all been packaged in sturdy cardboard cartons, or even (if bulky and heavy, or multiple) in boxes packed securely with foam. All the books arrived pristine: no creases or wonky edges or corners.

If music be the food of love, play on!
T
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
T
I downloaded a few pieces from Virtual Sheet Music. They have a good selections of Classical pieces. However, I did find some errors in their scores. Probably they re-notate original pieces into computer scores and along the way made mistakes.

Schultz Music Publications has good selections of piano music.

500 Post Club Member
Online Content
500 Post Club Member
For online, downloadable music, I like http://www.noviscore.com/. They have different levels of a given piece and you can preview and listen to it before you buy it. There audio samples are top notch, not the cheap midi audio I've found elsewhere.

EP Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
FWIW pianostreet.com has a lot of classical music in pdf for download if you are a member.
If you're not in a hurry and shop their sales (and join their rebate club) Sheetmusicplus.com has good prices and cheap (often free, but slow) shipping.

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
There is also https://www.musicroom.com/ who are pretty good. Have used them a few times, but I have so much stuff that I rarely need to buy (or just download from IMSLP).

regards
Pete
L
OP Offline
L
wow...so many great suggestions. I will check them all out. Thank you!

Sarah
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission