2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
51 members (brdwyguy, David B, anotherscott, CraiginNZ, Bostonmoores, danno858, c++, Carey, BlakeOR, 7 invisible), 485 guests, and 430 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
OP Offline
G
I remember a year or two ago, I first saw a piano video featuring a "reactive visualizer", a video effect similar to Synthesia, but with much fancier visuals.

At first, I thought that it was a pretty, but somewhat silly gimmick. However, over the past year, I've noticed more and more piano Youtubers have started making all their new videos with this effect.

Apparently, it makes piano videos more appealing to non-musicians.

From what I've read, the reactive visualizer effect had to be created in Adobe After Effects, which could be time-consuming and bothersome.

Today, however, I discovered this new program that creates the reactive visualizer effect on-the-fly: https://www.visualmusicdesign.com/seemusic

It's a program/app that lets you add a video, audio, and MIDI file to the program and have it produce a finished video with the effect.

It can also render videos in realtime, allowing you to livestream piano concerts with the effect.

It's available for Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS.

I tried it out on Windows, and it worked quite well, although slightly buggy in some areas. The program is free to use, but it will place a watermark on the video unless you subscribe. Subscription plans range from one month to one year, with one year costing $19.99.

Here's a video demonstrating its features:

Last edited by Gabriel Hikaru; 04/10/20 03:41 PM.
O
O
Nice !

M
mwf Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Great advertising, when I tried to download it the other week I got a virus warning from several different anti virus software, I messaged the chap who does all this but he felt he didn't need to reply.

The thing with this programme is you need the led lighting applied which he doesn't mention funnily enough otherwise the videos won't look anywhere near as good as he's demoing them. Load of rubbish effects, not as good as Adobe Premier Pro anyway.

G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by mwf
Great advertising, when I tried to download it the other week I got a virus warning from several different anti virus software, I messaged the chap who does all this but he felt he didn't need to reply.

The thing with this programme is you need the led lighting applied which he doesn't mention funnily enough otherwise the videos won't look anywhere near as good as he's demoing them. Load of rubbish effects, not as good as Adobe Premier Pro anyway.

Really? I checked the URL with VirusTotal before trying the program and making this post.

Just to be sure, I uploaded the ZIP file to VirusTotal right now, which scanned it with 63 different virus scanners, and it found nothing wrong.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...e7e49d3b328f4e7a3356766014c2be/detection

Windows Defender SmartScreen gave me an alert when running the program for the first time, saying that it wasn't sure if the program was safe or not. I believe that the program simply doesn't have an up-to-date digital signature for Windows.

I got the same alert a couple days ago when updating Pianoteq. Pianoteq says the alert will go away once their digital signature is renewed.

Granted, just because VirusTotal says SeeMusic is safe, it doesn't mean the program is safe, so download at your own risk.

As for it not looking as good as Adobe Premier Pro, that's a matter of personal taste. I think it looks as good as the videos by Rosseau, one of the Youtuber's who gained a lot of popularity due to his reactive visualizer, although you are right about needing the LED light strip.

I simply decided to mention this program because I know a lot of pianists are interested in this visual effect, and using this program saves a lot of time and money for those of us who don't want to buy Adobe and spend time learning how to create the effect.

Again, no virus scanner is perfect, so download at your own risk.

Here's a video of someone on Youtube using SeeMusic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEpY5c3WTh0

G
OP Offline
G
Out of curiosity, I decided to upload just the file "SeeMusic.exe" to VirusTotal, and one of the scanners claimed that there is a Trojan in the file, although the other 71 scanners did not find anything.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...0535e2deeddedc5fe57c7618075550/detection

I have seen a few videos of people on Youtube using the program, but there's no guarantee that the program is safe.

Ah well, caveat emptor...

M
mwf Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Well the bloke who made see music is not interested in any viruses, just your money... And there's no way it's as good as rousseau or kassia for example sorry, no way near. This trend is just saturating YouTube with rubbish videos that make people seem like geniuses on the piano6to non musicians, it's sickening.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Virus Total is a useful resource. It's common to find a few of the engines complaining about a file.

In the link above: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...0535e2deeddedc5fe57c7618075550/detection
... only Antiy-AVL lights up. (I've never heard of those guys.)

I only worry when the top-name AV's register a complaint. I pay heed to these guys ...
  • Ad-Aware
  • Avast
  • AVG
  • Avira
  • Comodo
  • Kaspersky
  • Malwarebytes
  • McAfee
  • Microsoft
  • Sophos
  • Symantec
  • TrendMicro

... and not so much to any of the others.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Editing Solo Piano ???
by DigitalMusicProduc - 04/18/21 07:42 PM
Borgato speaks about piano craft
by VladK - 04/18/21 07:14 PM
Modernised classics.
by treefrog - 04/18/21 06:39 PM
Brahms Hungarian Dance #5
by Works1 - 04/18/21 05:57 PM
Recommendations on interesting YouTube lectures?
by ZigZagStory - 04/18/21 05:08 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,382
Posts3,083,924
Members101,234
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission