2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (benkeys, brennbaer, AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 12 invisible), 1,938 guests, and 327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Mta88 Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M

Covid is here in Trinidad now so I decided to splurge on pianoteq 6.6 stage

Bought the Bechstein and Petrof models

They are just lovely. The feel is amazing. The sound is to my ears very realistic when compared to acoustics at least, not digitals or recordings of digitals. Of course this is very subjective this is just my opinion.

Here are some samples for those of you on the fence wrt to pianoteq

First one is from Final Fantasy X

Second one is from Mario 64

I listened to both and learnt them by ear, forgive any mistakes

I’ve come to the realization that pianoteq is much more realistic when using studio monitors rather than headphones. Again just my opinion.

Enjoy guys.

Will post some more samples if anyone is interested I’m a little bored atm

Cheers guys

Can’t wait for pianoteq 7

https://soundcloud.com/mark-ali/suteki-de-na-hp-bech

https://soundcloud.com/mark-ali/mario-64-water-bech-282

Korg D1:AKG K240 MKII:KRK Rokit 6 gen 3 Pair Studio Monitors::Pianoteq Bechstein, Petrof, Grotrian, Steinway B, Steinway D,:Garritan CFX:Ravenscroft:Modern U:Galaxy Vintage D, Galaxy Bluthner Baby Grand,
Acoustics:
KAYSERBURG UH 132 Royal Vertical:
1934 Danemann Upright:
E
EPW Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
E
Thanks for sharing. The Bechstein is on my list to get. I have Pianoteq 6 and I'm one of the crowd that likes it.

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
F
F
Same here. Have and love the Bechstein. Best of my Pianoteq grands, together with the Steingraeber and the Blüthner. Steinway B’s no dud either.

J
J
Nice! I'm really enjoying being able to run Pianoteq through the ES8 built in speakers. So convenient, just recently coming from a PX-130. The only issue is the bass is just not there at all compared to the internal piano sounds, and I think it is probably because the internal samples were probably tweaked to sound good on the small internal speakers. So I will need to do alot of EQ'ing with pianoteq to get it to sound full.

Have you heard Erutan's vocal cover of that FFX song you played?

Last edited by JoeThePro; 03/23/20 08:50 AM.
J
J
I like Pianoteq as well, particularly the Bechstein. Very nice!

Yamaha N1X, P-515.
Genelec 8331 monitors and 7350 sub.
VI’s: Garritan CFX, VSL Bösendorfer Upright, and VSL Blüthner 1895. Pianoteq.
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N
This sounds incredible. 👏

Pianoteq just blows my mind. Waiting for Pianoteq 7 on iOS before taking the plunge.

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Did you see that Pianoteq 6.7 was released a few days ago?

G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
I just see the title "Pianoteq 6.6 Bechstein audio Samples" and have to imagine some people hissing and making a cross with their fingers laugh

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
M
Mta88 Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
No I haven’t. Do u have a link by chance to share ?

Korg D1:AKG K240 MKII:KRK Rokit 6 gen 3 Pair Studio Monitors::Pianoteq Bechstein, Petrof, Grotrian, Steinway B, Steinway D,:Garritan CFX:Ravenscroft:Modern U:Galaxy Vintage D, Galaxy Bluthner Baby Grand,
Acoustics:
1934 Danemann Upright:
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
@Mta88: Long time no see, old friend. How have you been?

M
Mta88 Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
I used to be one of them I’ll be honest. But after playing a ton of acoustics I’ve come to realize that my brain was too accustomed to digitals and recordings of digitals.

Also pianoteq 6 made a big difference and the studio monitors vs headphones.

Acoustics:
1934 Danemann Upright:
M
Mta88 Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
firet message was reply for joe the pro

Second was for gombessa.

Sorry I forgot to click the quote thingy

Acoustics:
1934 Danemann Upright:
M
Mta88 Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
@Mta88: Long time no see, old friend. How have you been?

Heyyyyyy... I’ve been good.. really long time
How have you been

If you’re interested you can check out my Facebook posts on MTA Pharmacy . Been busy starting up the store for the past two years.
My obsession with piano led me to create a public piano here to give access for everyone.

Acoustic pianos are very uncommon here.

I was one of the lucky few to be exposed to one as a kid .

Acoustics:
1934 Danemann Upright:
M
Mta88 Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
https://soundcloud.com/mark-ali/fools-rush-in-bech-player

https://soundcloud.com/mark-ali/yann-tierson-amelie-bech

Here are some more samples of the Bechstein from Pianoteq.

Anyone else willing to share samples feel free. More the Merrier. smile

Acoustics:
1934 Danemann Upright:
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
I've just acquired a used Kawai VPC1 and I reluctantly resigned myself to having to slum it with PianoTeq (which I very rarely play because there's something difficult to define that I just couldn't get along with on all PianoTeq sounds).

I updated to 6.7 and thought, sod it, in homage to my grand piano I'll buy the new PT Bechstein model. I listened to all the available PT demos and thought it sounded the best to me. The Steingraber is second best to my ears.

The action on the VPC is extremely good and, surprisingly and very pleasingly, it does not have a squishy keybed - it's quite firm and positive - and I like it a lot.

Anyway it would be wrong to say I'm a PianoTeq convert as such - the models pretty much sound the same to my ears with some very distinctive elements that are common to ALL their piano sounds. The giveaway is a very metallic clanky sound in the bass when you give it a slap - they're all the same in that regard.

However, the only other thing I can say is that I'm enjoying PT a lot. Its traditional virtue of excellent playability coupled with undoubtedly improved sonics and sense of realism (to my ears at least) means that I don't actually feel like I'm slumming it at all. The basic Bechstein 'prelude' patch and the 'player position' please me a lot (despite a crazily overbearing and shrill top octave or so on the 'player position' patch). They don't sound anything like my Bechstein but they're nice pianos nonetheless and are a pleasure to play and, most of the time, to listen to.

I no longer hear that somewhat eerie, cold remoteness. It's good. I would give it a qualified recommendation and for those who already own some variant of PT (I only have Stage) I'd say have another go with it using the Bechstein model.

M
Mta88 Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
M
@Essbrace.

I’m so jealous lol

I’ve never had the opportunity to play a c Bechstein.

Maybe one day

I’m curious though how does the action of the c Bechstein compare with the vpc.

Acoustics:
1934 Danemann Upright:
J
J
Originally Posted by EssBrace
I've just acquired a used Kawai VPC1 and I reluctantly resigned myself to having to slum it with PianoTeq (which I very rarely play because there's something difficult to define that I just couldn't get along with on all PianoTeq sounds).

I updated to 6.7 and thought, sod it, in homage to my grand piano I'll buy the new PT Bechstein model. I listened to all the available PT demos and thought it sounded the best to me. The Steingraber is second best to my ears.

The action on the VPC is extremely good and, surprisingly and very pleasingly, it does not have a squishy keybed - it's quite firm and positive - and I like it a lot.

Anyway it would be wrong to say I'm a PianoTeq convert as such - the models pretty much sound the same to my ears with some very distinctive elements that are common to ALL their piano sounds. The giveaway is a very metallic clanky sound in the bass when you give it a slap - they're all the same in that regard.

However, the only other thing I can say is that I'm enjoying PT a lot. Its traditional virtue of excellent playability coupled with undoubtedly improved sonics and sense of realism (to my ears at least) means that I don't actually feel like I'm slumming it at all. The basic Bechstein 'prelude' patch and the 'player position' please me a lot (despite a crazily overbearing and shrill top octave or so on the 'player position' patch). They don't sound anything like my Bechstein but they're nice pianos nonetheless and are a pleasure to play and, most of the time, to listen to.

I no longer hear that somewhat eerie, cold remoteness. It's good. I would give it a qualified recommendation and for those who already own some variant of PT (I only have Stage) I'd say have another go with it using the Bechstein model.

Head over to the Modartt Pianoteq forums, there are plenty of threads about how to tweak the myriad of settings to get it to sound just right for you.

G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Mta88
I used to be one of them I’ll be honest. But after playing a ton of acoustics I’ve come to realize that my brain was too accustomed to digitals and recordings of digitals.

Also pianoteq 6 made a big difference and the studio monitors vs headphones.

Oh, I wasn't harshing on Pianoteq, just the notion from the title that it might be associated with "samples" smile

Great playing btw. I'm very jealous of those who can learn/play by ear, it's not something I've ever been able to pick up.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by JoeThePro
Head over to the Modartt Pianoteq forums, there are plenty of threads about how to tweak the myriad of settings to get it to sound just right for you.

Thanks, I'll give it a look. I assumed because I've only got 'Stage' that my options are pretty limited. I have spent some time tweaking it but really my favourite patch is Bechstein DG Player Position and I'd like to dial down the volume of the top octave or so. I don't think note-by-note editing is possible on 'Stage'.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by Mta88
@Essbrace.

I’m curious though how does the action of the c Bechstein compare with the vpc.

Well the Bechstein has a Renner action and is weighted at exactly 50g downweight on middle C. It's very smooth and satisfying. There's no doubt you're playing a good quality grand piano action.

The VPC1 feels good too. It feels a little bit heavier. The way the note triggers is a discernible difference, especially when playing softly. It's hard to describe exactly how I feel the difference manifests itself. The Bechstein is better of course but I'm enjoying the VPC1. It's certainly a very good partner for PianoTeq.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission