2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

Who's Online Now
36 registered members (Chernobieff Piano, AZNpiano, DannyS, AndyFielding, dkong99, Burkie, Emery Wang, EPW, 6 invisible), 493 guests, and 324 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Kawai - no more distributor in Italy #2952093 02/27/20 07:28 AM
Ragtime2k Offline OP
OP Offline
Testing Kawai digital pianos in Italy is less easy than one could think.

For instance, here in Rome, while a large assortment of models from other brands (Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Nord, Casio, Viscount, you name it...) can easily be found in all the major (and most minor) music stores, only few models (like one or two) from Kawai are readily available for testing and only a couple of stores have them, too.

As far as I know, the problem exist in the rest of Italy as well.

Most models can only be ordered, so one has to buy them for what they are on paper. (no store would order an instrument they don't already have unless you buy it first giving a down payment.)

On top of that, many models are not available at all, even if you order them online.

Apparently, this is due to the fact the Italian Kawai distributor has some kind of problem (someone said that he's dead, which IS a problem, when you think...)

So, apparently, Italy does not have a direct Kawai distributor, at the present time.

All I know from my usual music store is that they are getting in touch with a distributor from Spain to try and deal with them. This will take time, probably months, I've been told.

I would expect Kawai to find a solution to this issue.

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items, digital piano dolly, music theme party goods
Piano accessories and music gift items, digital piano dolly, music theme party goods, and more!
Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Ragtime2k] #2952097 02/27/20 07:48 AM
M
Martinez Offline
M
According to Kawai's website it used to be PIANOFORTE ITALIA S.R.L. in Milano, but their website seems to be gone. Why don't you order at Thomann? Free delivery to Italy for orders over 199 Euro (https://www.thomann.de/it/helpdesk_shipping.html) and 30-day money back (https://www.thomann.de/it/helpdesk_moneyback.html).

Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Ragtime2k] #2952099 02/27/20 07:50 AM
Kawai James Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hello Ragtime2k,

Kawai instruments were distributed throughout Italy by Furcht & C. from 1972 until the end of 2019.
From 2020, the distributor for Kawai instruments in Italy has changed to Pianofote Italia S.R.L.

For more information, please contact the distributor directly:

Pianoforte Italia S.R.L.
Vรญa Larga 8, 20122 Milano, Italy

Tel: +39-3925676011 / +39-3925676012
Mail: info@pianoforte.it
(website currently under construction)

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

"I agree that the User Manual is very good." - arc7urus, March 2019
Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Kawai James] #2952102 02/27/20 07:59 AM
M
Martinez Offline
M
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello Ragtime2k,

Kawai instruments were distributed throughout Italy by Furcht & C. from 1972 until the end of 2019.
From 2020, the distributor for Kawai instruments in Italy has changed to Pianofote Italia S.R.L.

For more information, please contact the distributor directly:

Pianofote Italia S.R.L.
Vรญa Larga 8, 20122 Milano, Italy

Tel: +39-3925676011 / +39-3925676012
Mail: info@pianoforte.it
(website currently under construction)

Kind regards,
James
x

Of course you know better! Sorry for my wrong assumption...

Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Ragtime2k] #2952115 02/27/20 08:48 AM
Ragtime2k Offline OP
OP Offline
hi Martinez and James smile

thanks for your reply.

I just called Pianoforte Italia and they confirmed the actual distributor is in Spain, so basically they are a sort of "bridge" between distributor and stores in Italy.

The gentleman told me they relieved the Kawai distribution since the 1st of January, thus there was actually a problem, which I mentioned in my post, with the previous distributor.

So it'll take some time to go back to "normality" but we're getting there...

The fact remains that only two stores in Rome deal with Kawai digital pianos (acoustic can be found anywhere, no problem) and for what I can tell by the phone calls I made, a similar situation can be found throughout Italy.

Let's hope things will improve with this "new" (..?) distributor.

I know a guy who had an MP7SE shipped from Germany...

Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Ragtime2k] #2952117 02/27/20 08:58 AM
CyberGene Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Could this be a Ndrangheta vs Yakuza situation. If you tell me there are Dexibell and Fatar/Studiologic products sold and not Kawai, it gets too suspicious!

My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Currently: Yamaha N1X, DIY hybrid controller -> Garritan CFX
Previously: NU1X, ES7, MP6, CA63, RD-700SX, CDP-100, FP-5, P90, SP-200
Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: CyberGene] #2952145 02/27/20 10:08 AM
G
Gombessa Offline
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by CyberGene
Could this be a Ndrangheta vs Yakuza situation. If you tell me there are Dexibell and Fatar/Studiologic products sold and not Kawai, it gets too suspicious!

But Yamaha, Roland and Casio are there.... Do you mean Kawai didn't pay enough protection money? smile.

Maybe what we need is for these gangs to "work it out" between themselves. I watched a documentary once about how local gangs divide up territory, and they seem to have a system worked out. Oddly, it involves a lot of singing, dancing and snapping of fingers, so maybe having a keyboard around would be helpful...

Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11 || Kawai NV-10
Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Gombessa] #2952152 02/27/20 10:21 AM
M
Martinez Offline
M
Originally Posted by Gombessa

But Yamaha, Roland and Casio are there.... Do you mean Kawai didn't pay enough protection money? smile.

Maybe what we need is for these gangs to "work it out" between themselves. I watched a documentary once about how local gangs divide up territory, and they seem to have a system worked out. Oddly, it involves a lot of singing, dancing and snapping of fingers, so maybe having a keyboard around would be helpful...

I think you meant "having a Kawai keyboard around" cool

Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Gombessa] #2952155 02/27/20 10:24 AM
Ragtime2k Offline OP
OP Offline

Maybe what we need is for these gangs to "work it out" between gangs

consider they told me the other guy is DEAD, but they didn't tell me "how", so...
HAS GOT to be it... wink

Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Ragtime2k] #2952156 02/27/20 10:26 AM
M
Martinez Offline
M
Originally Posted by Ragtime2k

Maybe what we need is for these gangs to "work it out" between gangs

consider they told me the other guy is DEAD, so...
HAS GOT to be it... wink

You're entering dangerous grounds here... Very brave for somebody living in Rome shocked

Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Ragtime2k] #2952159 02/27/20 10:31 AM
Ragtime2k Offline OP
OP Offline
They call me "Braveheart"...
you should see me running around shouting:
FREEDOOOM!!!
wink

Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Ragtime2k] #2952164 02/27/20 10:39 AM
CyberGene Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
FREEDOOOM!!!
wink

I thought the most dangerous thing to do right now in Italy was to cough in public places ๐Ÿ™€

My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Currently: Yamaha N1X, DIY hybrid controller -> Garritan CFX
Previously: NU1X, ES7, MP6, CA63, RD-700SX, CDP-100, FP-5, P90, SP-200
Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Ragtime2k] #2952168 02/27/20 10:47 AM
Ragtime2k Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought the most dangerous thing to do right now in Italy was to cough in public places ๐Ÿ™€

right you are: they can lynch you, for that...

Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: CyberGene] #2952209 02/27/20 12:07 PM
T
Tenor1 Offline
T
FREEDOOOM!!!
wink

My cousins leave near Venice and are very distressed over this situation and how itโ€™s being handled by the government.

Recorder Player/Singer
Back to playing piano
Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Tenor1] #2952241 02/27/20 01:16 PM
Ragtime2k Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Tenor1
My cousins leave near Venice and are very distressed over this situation and how itโ€™s being handled by the government.

The government is handling the situation quite well, imho.

Italian people always tend to blame on the government even if it rains or there is too much sun.

Nobody could handle this kind of issues better or differently.

Besides, this fact has been blown out of proportion by the media: it is a CHINESE problem, it is actually NOT a problem in Italy and, so far, it's sole purpose is to give a living to the journalists and a reason for propaganda to the politics.

There are measures of prevention in act but that doesn't mean there's an actual pandemics in Italy.

besides a pair of over 80 y.o. Chinese gents who died of "mixed causes", after THOUSANDS of screenings NOBODY is ACTUALLY positive to the virus, or maybe there are just a couple of suspect cases to be confirmed.

It's a good thing to keep the guard up but...

the medias make their living on terror and fear, that's their job and nobody can do anything about it. They steer not happy until they cause a general psychosis to make them to sell newspapers.

Some researchers from a specialized hospital in Rome have finally isolated the virus and gave the results internationally for others to cooperate in finding a cure or a vaccine for it. The problem is not in Italy, it is in other countries, which are very good at covering their situation...

but... we are quite off topic, aren't we?

let's go back to the yakuza... wink

Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Ragtime2k] #2952261 02/27/20 01:56 PM
Tyrone Slothrop Online Content
9000 Post Club Member
Online Content
9000 Post Club Member
besides a pair of over 80 y.o. Chinese gents who died of "mixed causes", after THOUSANDS of screenings NOBODY is ACTUALLY positive to the virus, or maybe there are just a couple of suspect cases to be confirmed.

Sorry to continue to be off-topic, but the Coronavirus tracker:
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
shows 528 CONFIRMED cases in Italy, with 14 deaths and 40 recovered. This is far different than 'nobody.'

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Ragtime2k] #2952269 02/27/20 02:30 PM
MacMacMac Offline
Don't be a doofus, Ragtime. Yes, the worst is in China ... for now. But all diseases can spread.
The 1918 influenza killed tens of millions. This could too ... if not contained.

Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Ragtime2k] #2952295 02/27/20 03:48 PM
Ragtime2k Offline OP
OP Offline
uhm...

maybe you guys watch the news on tv more often than I do... I was stuck on a few days ago news

anyway, it would seem they're all from one spot and that area has been contained.

I have to see what's happening in other European states.

anyway, The worse that can happen is to die, no big deal, after all...

So, how about buying a nice MP7SE?

Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: Ragtime2k] #2952298 02/27/20 03:55 PM
C
clothearednincompo Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
C
You might die...slowly! ๐Ÿ˜จ

Or you might end up quarantined for two weeks with people whom you really can't stand. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

And of course not (nearly) everybody actually dies from the Coronavirus. Yay... ๐Ÿ™„

Re: Kawai - no more distributor in Italy [Re: clothearednincompo] #2952299 02/27/20 04:00 PM
Ragtime2k Offline OP
OP Offline
well that'd be the worst scenario...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Piano World 

Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Musician's Hand Sanitizer available in our online store (and our Maple Street Music shop in Cornish Maine). Antibacterial, 62% ethyl alcohol. Hand Sanitizer for Musicians
Tons more music related products in our online store!
(ad)
Pianoforall
PianoForAll
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recent Recordings - Music Conservatories
by Rhapsodyinblue - 04/01/20 12:04 AM
Best teachers in the U.S., redo
by Radio1ogy - 03/31/20 11:52 PM
Advice re pin block on 1928 upright
by Bren - 03/31/20 08:14 PM
Please don't ever watch this movie
by ebonykawai - 03/31/20 07:26 PM
rubato
by kyekye90 - 03/31/20 07:26 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics197,830
Posts2,940,757
Members96,432
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission