2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
38 members (accordeur, ambrozy, anotherscott, brdwyguy, 36251, c++, CharlesXX, Beansparrow, 10 invisible), 554 guests, and 544 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: My Kawai MP7SE has gone crazy
George Roos #2950682 02/23/20 06:44 PM
ok, I am officially SCARED.
I am (was?) about to buy me one of these, since they really appear to be excellent instruments.
BUT... I'm thinking twice, now.
This is not the only post I found on the web talking about the MP7SE key actIon problems and the fact that it is very sensitive to... apparently everything!
one says dust, one says humidity, another one that the keys get stuck, another shows some of the keys start clicking after a while and so on.
Darn! it's supposed to be a stage/portable piano! it can't fall apart every time it gets banged a little or somebody sneezes next to it!
Kawai!!! whattaheck did you do?!
How is it possible for such a beauty to have these issues?
To me it's like having fallen in love with a woman just to find out she's actually a harlot frown
Among other keyboards, I own a Yamaha P80; I kept it on a sailboat for 10 (TEN) years, it got slapped around like you wouldn't believe, got splashed with rain and sea water too, brought her to gigs in places surrounded by SNOW, then I loaded it on a plane (in a soft case filled and wrapped with any possible padded stuff) and sent it as a baggage, it got dropped by the airport delivery system and got smashed on the left side (the plastic got broken and the MIDI is no longer working) BUT, end of the story... IT STILL PLAYS LIKE A CHAMP! that thing is indestructible...
Now, IMHO, I believe that, when it comes to digital, Kawai has surpassed Yamaha and mostly every other brands, both in sound and action quality (though to me Yamaha is still the best price/quality ratio for acoustic pianos).
SO I am very perplexed to hear such issues can and do happen to these instruments...
I hoped I could have used it as my main piano but I can't imagine what would happen to that keyboard if I practiced scales and finger exercises three/four hours a day, then take it around for gigs...
I am really sad, lost & depressed... frown

Last edited by Ragtime2k; 02/23/20 06:52 PM.
(ad)
Sweetwater Gifts That Rock
Ragtime2k #2950802 02/24/20 01:22 AM
O
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by Ragtime2k
ok, I am officially SCARED.....This is not the only post I found on the web talking about the MP7SE ......I am really sad, lost & depressed... frown

Hi Ragtime2k,

Just wondering how many keyboards total have you read about having a problem? Is it more than the four described? With the internet people still talk like they are just talking with their friend or group of friends without considering the potential for everything to be perceived as more widespread than it warrants. This potential is built into the platform.

o0Ampy0o #2950873 02/24/20 07:19 AM
hi Ampy smile

what you say is very true, a post on the web can have an amplified effect compared to the reality of an issue.
But the fact stays since, apparently, this is not an isolated case and there are several people complaining about the same "fragile keyboard action" problem.
So I tend to believe it is a design flaw.
As I said, I would use it also to practice scales and fingers exercises and I'm kind of afraid that keybed wouldn't be able to withstand such a use.
I feel bad because I like that keyboard very much, along with all them "latest generation" Kawai DPs, and I was really ready to buy one, I mean like right now.
Thus... I'm thinking about it...

George Roos #2951241 02/25/20 02:40 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Hi everyone,

In this case the problem was a damaged mother board. It cost me US$ 800.00 totally installed here in Guatemala by MUSICAL who is the official distributor of Kawai in Guatemala. Musical simply disconnect the damaged mother board and install the new one and problem solved. Now my mp7se becomes a wonderful instrument. I work hardly on it and respond perfectly but to me buy this Stagepiano was a nightmare. I hope this experience becomes helpful for some one.

Thanks.

Thanks GOD for everything
George Roos #2951242 02/25/20 02:43 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Oh! by the way...I know ... Now I have no waranty...PARA LO QUE ME SIRVIÓ...

George Roos #2951279 02/25/20 06:50 AM
hola George smile

so in the end the problem was the MB, not the keyboard!

well... good to know, then, I feel much better now.

A faulty motherboard may happen in any electronics from any brands, sorry you got bad luck.

I don't understand why you had to pay for the replacement, though, if the warranty was still valid.
So what's that warranty for? That is a bit absurd.

George Roos #2951346 02/25/20 10:05 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Thats because I travel with my stage piano outside USA.

Ragtime2k #2951361 02/25/20 10:50 AM
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
ok, I am officially SCARED.
I am (was?) about to buy me one of these, since they really appear to be excellent instruments.
BUT... I'm thinking twice, now.
This is not the only post I found on the web talking about the MP7SE key actIon problems and the fact that it is very sensitive to... apparently everything!
one says dust, one says humidity, another one that the keys get stuck, another shows some of the keys start clicking after a while and so on.
Darn! it's supposed to be a stage/portable piano! it can't fall apart every time it gets banged a little or somebody sneezes next to it!
To me it's like having fallen in love with a woman just to find out she's actually a harlot frown
Among other keyboards, I own a Yamaha P80; I kept it on a sailboat for 10 (TEN) years, it got slapped around like you wouldn't believe, got splashed with rain and sea water too, brought her to gigs in places surrounded by SNOW, then I loaded it on a plane (in a soft case filled and wrapped with any possible padded stuff) and sent it as a baggage, it got dropped by the airport delivery system and got smashed on the left side (the plastic got broken and the MIDI is no longer working) BUT, end of the story... IT STILL PLAYS LIKE A CHAMP! that thing is indestructible...
Now, IMHO, I believe that, when it comes to digital, Kawai has surpassed Yamaha and mostly every other brands, both in sound and action quality (though to me Yamaha is still the best price/quality ratio for acoustic pianos).
SO I am very perplexed to hear such issues can and do happen to these instruments...
I hoped I could have used it as my main piano but I can't imagine what would happen to that keyboard if I practiced scales and finger exercises three/four hours a day, then take it around for gigs...
I am really sad, lost & depressed... frown

My MP7SE went crazy and Kawai DID send me a brand new MP7SE. No issues.

I highly suggest that before freaking out about something you have no idea, ask others and learn about their experiences with Kawai.

Kawai is behind its instruments.

I bought mine because it surpassed any keyboard I had played in my entire life, action-wise, sound-wise and design-wise.

Also, it's so disturbing to read someone's comment who doesn't own the keyboard complaining about this issue. Buy one first, then you're eligible to condemn everyone and everything but if you don't own one, keep your mouth shut.

Last edited by Abdol; 02/25/20 10:52 AM.

Kawai MP7SE, Yamaha MOTF XF6, Yamaha WX5, Yamaha Pacifica 112v
George Roos #2951373 02/25/20 11:21 AM
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by George Roos
In this case the problem was a damaged mother board. It cost me US$ 800.00 totally installed here in Guatemala by MUSICAL who is the official distributor of Kawai in Guatemala. Musical simply disconnect the damaged mother board and install the new one and problem solved. Now my mp7se becomes a wonderful instrument. I work hardly on it and respond perfectly but to me buy this Stagepiano was a nightmare. I hope this experience becomes helpful for some one.
That is terrible new George. Amazon is not a great platform when things go wrong. Importing electronics with no warranty is always a risky proposition.

I like the Yamaha Electone Stagea but that is only sold in a few countries (principally Asia & Latin America).

Abdol #2951381 02/25/20 11:40 AM
"Buy one first, then you're eligible to condemn everyone and everything but if you don't own one, keep your mouth shut"

Are you on drugs? So what are forums like this for if not to gather information about something BEFORE buying something and getting a lemon? what you said is a total NONSENSE

"it's so disturbing to read someone's comment who doesn't own the keyboard complaining about this issue"

what is really DISTURBING is to realize that in every forum, even one like this where people should enjoy talking about music, there is always some dimwitted guy ready to be rude and insulting such as you are

you don't decide who talks and who doesn't or the opinions and/or doubts they express.

if there is someone who should KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT, that is definitely YOU.

or TURN YOUR BRAIN ON BEFORE SPEAKING, that would keep you from saying nonsense as you do

Ragtime2k #2951387 02/25/20 11:50 AM
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
@Ragtime2k: I'm sorry to tell you ... but you've been trolled. There are filters for that.
"Buy one first, then you're eligible to condemn everyone and everything but if you don't own one, keep your mouth shut"
Are you on drugs? So what are forums like this for if not to gather information about something BEFORE buying something and getting a lemon? what you said is a total NONSENSE

"it's so disturbing to read someone's comment who doesn't own the keyboard complaining about this issue"

what is really DISTURBING is to realize that in every forum, even one like this where people should enjoy talking about music, there is always some dimwitted guy ready to be rude and insulting such as you are
you don't decide who talks and who doesn't or the opinions and/or doubts they express.
or TURN YOUR BRAIN ON BEFORE SPEAKING, that would keep you from saying nonsense as you do

MacMacMac #2951392 02/25/20 12:06 PM
I didn't expect to find trolls even in a forum about pianos... how weird can be the world (and people)

Thank you, though, I'll take your advice under consideration

George Roos #2951398 02/25/20 12:23 PM
G
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
G
FYI, you can click on a user's profile name, select "View Profile" and then "Ignore User."

It's not a perfect solution (I think you'll still see what they say if someone else quotes them) but better than nothing.

Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11 || Kawai NV-10
Ragtime2k #2951458 02/25/20 03:22 PM
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A

I didn't know it can hurt your feelings. You tell me who is on drugs: Someone who doesn't have the instrument and is freaking out or someone who owns the actual instrument?

Some may call me a troll, but in all fairness, I have never posted something against a valuable post.

They obviously have problems with/in understanding or defining the meaning of troll.

And I have never filtered/ignored etc anyone but it's a good option if you believe in positive vibes: #livinginabubble

Last edited by Abdol; 02/25/20 03:32 PM.

George Roos #2951468 02/25/20 03:56 PM
Have no doubts: the one on drugs is YOU, period.

And now I'm done talking to you.

Feel free to give vent to your stupidity.

MacMacMac #2951478 02/25/20 04:21 PM
O
O
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
And besides ... consider Apple's after-warranty support.

If a connector is broken, they tell you that you need a new mother board. $1000.
If a fuse is blown, they tell you that you need a new mother board. $1000.
If the battery has failed, they tell you that you need a new mother board. $1000.
If there are fingerprints on the keyboard, they tell you that you need a new mother board. $1000.

The Genius Bar is indeed a genius move ... for Apple's bottom-line.

My two penneth:

Had an issue with the keyboard on my MBP. Very odd behaviour, about three months after a minor spillage (like a few ml of liquid, and no more than a few ml, close to the ESC Kay). Also, volume control buttons wouldn’t work (even prior to the spill).

Genius Bar diagnosis - logic board (mother board).

No liking having my pants pulled down in public, I ordered an original apple keyboard for about £25. Disassembled the laptop, replaced the keyboard (100 screws holding it in place, so it’s a PITA). No more weird behaviour...

...but the volume controls still wouldn’t work. I shined a torch into the headphone jack - fluff and crud had built up in there, so gave it a quick spray with IPA, inserted my headphone jack into it.... twisted it round a few times, and took it out again. Boom - all working.

That was three years ago, and still going strong.

Logic board my @ss.

Learning to play. Consciously incompetent, which apparently is a good starting point. smirk
George Roos #2951489 02/25/20 04:48 PM
@Oscar: You've gone against the advice of the esteemed Genius Bar! How dare you?

Oh, right. They're not geniuses at all. They are (a) so very un-genius that they can't get a proper job and (b) mindless co-conspirators in the Apple den of crooks known as Dewey Cheatham and Howe.

George Roos #2951493 02/25/20 04:59 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
user> Excuse me, my device has a scratch on the cover, can you help me?
genius> Yes, it's the Logic Board. It will cost you $800.
user> But... It's a scratch!
user> Are you crazy??

Ragtime2k #2951494 02/25/20 04:59 PM
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Have no doubts: the one on drugs is YOU, period.

And now I'm done talking to you.

Feel free to give vent to your stupidity.

Thanks. I'm very glad you're done with me indeed. It's better to seek some help, tell the psychiatrist that you're scared of MP7SE has key-bed issues. They'll give you a proper sedative.

Ragtime2k #2951495 02/25/20 05:10 PM
S
S

How? By selling many units. People with issues take to the internet, people without issues play with content. Sell many units and inevitably some will have an issue and complain. Feel free to go to a store and sneeze, you'll see for yourself the unit will still work.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Our January 2021 Free Newsletter for piano lovers is here now...
---------------------
NEW! Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Replacement for Kawai MP11?
by Dan Clark - 01/22/21 09:04 PM
How to sound like Scriabin
by pianoloverus - 01/22/21 08:10 PM
Most realistic Piano VST?
by Rickdiculous - 01/22/21 06:13 PM
An exemplary piano quiz
by Withindale - 01/22/21 05:57 PM
First DP -- PC Connectivity Question
by Mikex3 - 01/22/21 03:09 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics204,471
Posts3,050,310
Members100,180
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission