2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
46 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, CharlesXX, 9 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
Originally Posted by LarryK
Originally Posted by BruceD
Originally Posted by j&j
[...] I wonder what the plants are doing under piano? Is that supposed to be a natural Dampp Chaser???
[...]

They probably keep the plants on the piano (Ouch!) and just dropped them on the floor for the photograph!

Cheers!

It's hard to believe he bought the thing new and would put plants on it. I can't find a shot of the top so I don't know.

Those plants under the piano are for acoustics, haven't you heard, that's the new, recommended approach. grin

You mean they have "Elephant Leaf plants" (a tropical plant with massive leaves, looked like elephant ears) These are very tall and would have covered up a piano completely !
You would never need a humidifier where they grew.
They may provide excellent accoustics though?

Last edited by Lady Bird; 02/20/20 07:06 PM. Reason: Extra word
A
A
I live in NJ, and I'm also looking for a piano, not a grand, but an upright. It really helps to just go try them out and get an idea of what you like. You have a lot of options in NYC, 58th Street has Faust Harrison and Beethoven Pianos, Altenburg Pianos in Elizabeth isn't far. Allegro pianos in CT, Forte Pianos in Paramus, NJ. There are lots within a short distance. Once you have an idea of what you like, you can figure out if the price you were given is a fair price for that piano. I went to Altenburg a few weeks ago and the owner was very nice. He let me try all the pianos, even ones that were way out of my price range. Some of them were really beautiful. The prices he gave me seemed very fair based on the SMP prices from Piano Buyer and a discount from that. I want to try a few more brands before I decide. But as a beginner, I can hear the differences in the sound, and the different actions pretty easily. More expensive pianos definitely sound better, some sound much better, but there are cheaper pianos that sound pretty good too. I think it's just finding the sweet spot on what you can afford/ want to spend versus the best sound/ action/ quality for that price range. Good luck! I think I'm going to go look at some Kawais this weekend and try not to drool on some Bosendorfers that I'll buy in my dreams! lol

Amy
Beginner
Kawai CA 79
C
C
There’s another SK3 on pianomart listed as NY,NY. It’s a 2017 - maybe good for OP to check and have something to compare to? It’s $41K so comparable (providing it’s within budget). Now I’m seriously reviewing my finances as this is the piano I really wanted to replace my existing Kawai.....

Gave up on exams - playing whatever I feel like
Working on:
Bach Partita #2- up to the Courante so far
Liszt Consolation #2
Piazzolla Milonga del Angel
P
OP Offline
P
Thank you for all of the input. I have also done some of my own research.
I have a sense of some models that I think would be appropriate. Once I have some time to check a few out in person, I'll go buy one.

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Do let us know what you end up choosing! smile

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission