2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
37 members (Abdol, Animisha, Bentsch, Beowulf, avss01, AndrewJCW, Adem, BachToTheFuture, 5 invisible), 518 guests, and 506 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Recital 57 --- General Discussion Room
AB Forum Recital #2949612 02/20/20 07:49 PM
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
01. SwissMS/Doris - Polonaise in G Minor
Well done! I keep obsessing about this - how could a seven-year-old even play this piece, much less compose it? Hard to believe. But anyway, I thought you played it superbly.

02. JJHLH - Gnossienne No 1
A remarkable performance for someone with only 11 months of experience! You did a good job of capturing the sense of mystery that this piece evokes. Well done!

03. peterws - WHAT shall I call it??
Great stuff, as always, Peter. My name for it: Mornings on Horseback. You do a superb job of developing melodies, imposing structure, fitting the pieces into an overall arc. I loved it!

04. Sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Impromptu in Eb Major Op 90 No 2
If ever there was proof that we should practice our scales, this is it! The man could really make great music out of the basic stuff, couldn't he? Superb performance, your technique is very impressive.

06. Peyton - A Sad Journey
Excellent composition, well named. I love those parallel and contrary motion lines. There is nothing better than when lyrical melodies combine to create gorgeous harmonies!

[08. Jazztpt - End of the summer
A beautiful melody, nicely developed, with a touch of sadness to it, for sure. Welcome back. We missed you! Here's hoping you recover and continue to participate here.

09. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Polonaise In G Minor, Op. Posth., B 1
Beautifully executed, Dan. Your technique seems perfect for Chopin - and that's saying a lot!!!

Ed

http://edsjazzpianopage.blogspot.com/

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
AB Forum Recital #2949715 02/21/20 05:10 AM
I
Ido Offline
I
35. initK - Von Fremden Landern Und Menschen Op 15.No 1 (Of foreign lands and people)
The sound quality is not so good, but somehow, I still enjoyed it very much.
I've heard dozens of recordings of this piece, and there's always something that prevents the piece from flowing the way it should. Your recording is an exception. You've done a great job with this!

37. Mosotti - Minuet in G
You've done a great job, very clean, very good tempo. Impressive.
Two things which are a matter of taste:
- I'd play the left hand a bit louder, sinces it's has a voice of its own
- I'd take a shorter break at 0:47 because it almost felt like the piece was over
Still, very good!

38. barbaram - Op 49 No 2 2nd Mvt Tempo di Menuetto
Joyful playing, I liked it

43. MarieJ - La Profondita del Buio
Beautifully played, great touch

44. Purrblast - Little Prelude in E minor (BWV 941)
Beautifully played. The voices are clear, and the tempo is great.

46. Sam S - "The Alcotts" from the Concord Sonata
This sounds like a very complex piece musically. You've done a great job with it!

Ido #2949724 02/21/20 06:05 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by Ido

37. Mosotti - Minuet in G
You've done a great job, very clean, very good tempo. Impressive.
Two things which are a matter of taste:
- I'd play the left hand a bit louder, sinces it's has a voice of its own
- I'd take a shorter break at 0:47 because it almost felt like the piece was over
Still, very good!

Thank you for your comments and advice smile

Yes, my teacher told me the exact same thing about the left hand, I just couldn't do it yet, my brain is not wired enough to follow multiple voices consistently lol

AB Forum Recital #2949833 02/21/20 01:18 PM
26. Serge88 - Mozart. Romance - Piano Concerto no 20 Lovingly played. Great job!

27. Greta99 - Rosemary's Waltz I have weak spot for waltzes and you found another one that is not overplayed (the other one that stood out for me was Rebikov, Feuille d'Automne where you captured the mood with perfect tempo). Rosemary waltz is a lot more complex piece being a jazz number, but as always, you delivered well. Thank you!
P.S. I'm hoping you will finish series of Labenske pieces.

28. Jason Lenthe - Motzart. Sonata in C Major (K545), 1st movement I think you did a very good job. I agree that to play cleanly, it's not a beginner piece. And it shows you have some stamina smile I enjoyed it!

29. Peter Hontaru - Elton John Your progress is very good for only 2 years, I would even go as far as to say that you should not rush it so much with exams etc. You are moving along very nicely. It's interesting to see live recording that is more like what recital would be. Wouldn't that be something for all to play in one big concert. Loved the song and you performance. Thank you!

30. AssociateX (Liz) - Clara Schumann. - Nocturne Op 6 # 2 Indeed very enjoyable listen. And I did like that piano sound! How wonderful o be practicing at such a place and taking lessons there. Good for you and thank you for sharing.

32. Piano_primo_1 - Bach. Menuet BWV Anhang 116 I like the style of your recording, but was afraid the keyboard would fall! Little rushed, but competent.

33. Handyman - Claude-Michel Schonberg & Alain Boublil. Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (from "Les Mis") This is special! Very very enjoyable. I was looking forward to listing to this submission and was not dissapointed.

34. ThomasPiano - James Arthur - Say You Won't Let Go I've really enjoyed the video. Great job on the song. Very successful interpretation.

36. KevinM - Mendelssohn. Song Without Words 19.6 Venetianisches Gondollied. This is beautiful and on my favorite list! I always wish it would be longer. Your playing is very musical, but sensible. Pedal is perfect and nothing is overdone. You have very good taste for music you are choosing to play, this is an art in itself. I'm always looking forward to your new recordings.

37. Mosotti - Minuet in G Classic! But I thought it was Bach and I think I have it in Bach's book. Great performance!

...I'm sorry for late comments, I'm a slowest snail in this pond. Still have fair number of pieces to listen and think about.

Last edited by initK; 02/21/20 01:22 PM.
AB Forum Recital #2949859 02/21/20 02:33 PM
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
01. SwissMS/Doris - Polonaise in G Minor What a sweet little piece. You play it with a suitably light touch. I love that piano, it sounds awesome.

02. JJHLH - Gnossienne No 1 Good job in less than a year. Sounds like you've learnt how to pedal as well. I like the still life painting.

03. peterws - WHAT shall I call it?? Love this. I like particularly the happy playful sounding outer parts. It brings to my mind children playing in a garden.

04. Sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Impromptu in Eb Major Op 90 No 2 Good job. Impressively clean and even passagework in the A sections.

05. Ido - Sonatina in F major, Op. 168 No. 1 Movement 3 Standing ovation smile Very impressive for three years playing. You catch the playful mood perfectly. The appoggiaturas are beautifully done.

06. Peyton - A Sad Journey I can hear the journey metaphor in the music. To me it sounds closer to reflective than sad. Either way it definitely reflects that sort of mood. difficult to play I would imagine.

08. Jazztpt - End of the summer Beautiful mellow chords. Very soothing. Love it.

09. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Polonaise In G Minor, Op. Posth., B 1Two performances of this piece, what a coincidence. I've never heard it before today. You play very well. I think you'll impress the RCM examiners.

10. facdo - Wintertime II - Op.68 No.39 Very musical interpretation. You play with imagination.

12. Ruth CM - Traumerei Very nice playing. You hold the tempo together really well.

18. PianogrlNW - Gnossienne No. 1 You nailed it this time. Lovely.

19. Claudemir Medeiros - Odeon Amazing to play this right through with no mistakes or hesitations after only three years. I'm impressed.

AB Forum Recital #2949922 02/21/20 06:17 PM
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
30 Associate X

A lovely piece reflecting maybe on Clara. Schumann went mad, I believe, after she died. makes you wonder . . . but you handle this music with panache. I enjoyed this. Ta for sharing; I'd never hear it otherwise. Females have been known to write some very nice music! smile

31 Winter Flower

Some interesting stuff in here. You're feeling around for moods of melancholy, or "if only I had my time again . ." Not the best reflection on life, I'm sure. Nor do I suggest you think this . . . smile
Worry not. It's the Merlot talking; it's excellent tonight!
I very much enjoyed your journey, but couldn't put a genre on it.

32 Piano Primo

Nearly there, man. but take it easy, more steadily; feel the song, the rhythm and work your way into it over time. Great sound.

33 Handyman

A hard piece, very reflective in the "was it all worth it?" scheme of things. Nicely done!

34 Thomas Piano

You've been listening to Adele too much . . . but in truth, such a lot of modern music is written following this pattern. I enjoyed it and imagine your spouse would be very appreciative! me and my missus totally ignore V day . . . we just like it that way!

35 Initk

A nice Schumann. I like playing these myself and do regularly. they have a pleasing feel to them, and you reflect this well.

36 KevinM

Excellent sounding piano, and you do it it justice. Nice, nice! Mendelssohn dies such melodious stuff which I just love . . . And I've not heard better.

37 Mosotti

Very nice work here for the time, your piano soun ded well too.

38 Barbaram

Good to hear a bit o' Beethoven, Very appealing stuff, and you're having fun playing this although it has it's complications!. Nice work here, I enjoyed it a lot.

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
AB Forum Recital #2949928 02/21/20 06:36 PM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
I think I might enjoy some of peterws’s Merlot. It seems to have worked wonders for him.

AB Forum Recital #2949930 02/21/20 06:50 PM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
5. Ido- My wife and I are here sitting on the couch drinking margarettas and greatly enjoying your playing. I'm not at all familiar with Diabelli's music but it was delightful. smile

7. Timmytab- Very nicely done. Did you do all three without stopping or were they all recorded at one sitting? Either way, really well played.

22. Gandolf- I think i'll give you my usual...WOW. Just wonderfully played.

24. snejana- Very interesting. I liked your interpretation (and recording quality) a lot.

Peyton #2949946 02/21/20 07:55 PM
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Peyton
[b]Did you do all three without stopping or were they all recorded at one sitting?

They were recorded seperately. It took at least a dozen takes to get a clean recording of Glukes genug smile

timmyab #2950029 02/22/20 02:02 AM
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by timmyab

03. peterws - WHAT shall I call it?? Love this. I like particularly the happy playful sounding outer parts. It brings to my mind children playing in a garden.

Perfect! Children at play. Kids run around, they fall out, they cry. Then it's all forgotten, off they go again. Like nothing happened . . .

"[Linked Image]"
AB Forum Recital #2950318 02/22/20 06:56 PM
R
R
26. Serge88 - Concerto No 20 K.466 - Romance(Abridged solo version) this was a lovely light piece and you set the mood beautifully

27. Greta99 - Rosemary's Waltz your rubato and touch in this piece was stunning. Thank you so much for sharing.

28. Jason Lenthe - Sonata in C Major (K545), 1st movement Very clear and concise playing and well suited for this period!

29. Peter Hontaru - Your Song I appreciated the pop song break from the classical! The syncopated rhythms were nicely done and you brought out the main melody very well

30. AssociateX (Liz) - Nocturne Op. 6 # 2 the phrasing and rubato was beautiful in this piece. How awesome that you're in the evening division classes at Julliard!

31. winterflower - February Noodle I have zero advice to add as I can't even improvise smile but can say from a listening from enjoyment perspective that I thought your phrasing and use of dynamics was very nicely done!

32. Piano_primo_1 - Menuet BWV Anhang 116 nicely done, thanks for submitting

33. Handyman - Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (from "Les Mis") you really brought out the emotions in this piece. I watched Les Mis once on Broadway and also really enjoyed it!

34. ThomasPiano - Say You Won't Let Go Beautiful version of this song for a lucky lady! I also quite enjoy learning to comp and play/sing pop songs as a nice break from the classical. Thank you for sharing.

35. initK - Von Fremden Landern Und Menschen Op 15.No 1 (Of foreign lands and people) I love this piece and had been meaning to learn it. I thought you played beautifully with great sensitivity to the styling and phrasing. Thank you for your submission and thanks also for your nice comments on my piece!

36. KevinM - Song Without Words 19.6 Venetianisches Gondollied the phrasing and voicing in this piece was done beautifully. Thanks for sharing and thank you for your comments on my piece.

37. Mosotti - Minuet in G nicely done articulation and ornaments in this piece. Did you add the ornaments yourself? I haven't heard this version before, it was lovely

38. barbaram - Op 49 No 2 2nd Mvt Tempo di Menuetto (to do) beautiful playing, clear and concisely styled. Thank you for sharing and for your comments on my piece

39. selfishplayer - Waltz op64 no2 C# minor nicely done, thanks for submitting

40. lvojnovic - Prelude in b minor you did a great job on this Chopin given your short experience! I myself prefer slow and clear playing over playing with more speed but losing the style and character, and I thought you played it very nicely. Hope you feel better

41. joangolfing - Gavotte in G minor BWV 822 cleanly played, great job on the trill

42. Sarvesh - Fusion and variation on Scherzo and Etude (to do)

43. MarieJ - La Profondita del Buio you conveyed a beautifully haunting mood, it was lovely. Thank you also for your comments on my piece.

44. Purrblast - Little Prelude in E minor (BWV 941) (to do) cleanly played and nice ritardando at the end

45. tt368 - What Child is This (Arr. Melody Bober) delicately played and enjoyable to listen to

46. Sam S - "The Alcotts" from the Concord Sonata a beautiful performance, you've put a lot of work into this! Great job. Thank you for listening to my piece

47. Harpon - Summertime nicely done, thanks for submitting

48. QuasiUnaFantasia - Chanson triste delicately played and a very nice mood conveyed. Great memory work.

AB Forum Recital #2950355 02/22/20 09:44 PM
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R

11. Calavera - Not Tomorrow
This piece develops so nicely, setting a foundation and building on it. Well played!

12. Ruth CM - Traumerei
A timeless classic, played very well. I liked it.

14. thepianoplayer416 - Sicilienne
I did not recognize the name, but as soon as it began I recognized the beautiful melody. Your execution was wonderful.

18. PianogrlNW - Gnossienne No. 1
Haunting, mysterious, Superb performance of this masterpiece!

21. PikaPianist - Piano Sonata No.12, III. Funeral March
A great masterpiece, played cleanly and with great expression. I loved it!

Ed

AB Forum Recital #2950530 02/23/20 12:11 PM
S
S
And a few more...

09. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Polonaise In G Minor, Op. Posth., B 1
Good work, Dan!

10. facdo - Wintertime II - Op.68 No.39
Very good work. But I would say your piano is more than just “a bit” out of tune. And if I’m being honest, it spoils my enjoyment of your recording. But as I said, I can still recognize the very good work you’ve put into this piece.

Pretty nice. But there’s too much pedaling for my taste. I don’t like hearing the various harmonies overlapping. I’m not sure if it’s a technical issue with your playing, or if it’s what the composer is asking for in the score. But either way, I don’t like the unclean sound. Otherwise I think you do a good job with the piece.

18. PianogrlNW - Gnossienne No. 1
Not an easy piece to play! Requires a steady beat in the left hand, while the right hand more freely does its thing, sometimes even meandering a bit. And I think you do an excellent job on all counts. Well done!

SMA55 #2950595 02/23/20 03:16 PM
ABF Recitals have become such an exicting part of my life. I can hardly wait for the next one. As always, fhanks to the people who commented on my performance. I appreciate the feedback.

Originally Posted by SMA55

Pretty nice. But there’s too much pedaling for my taste. I don’t like hearing the various harmonies overlapping. I’m not sure if it’s a technical issue with your playing, or if it’s what the composer is asking for in the score. But either way, I don’t like the unclean sound. Otherwise I think you do a good job with the piece.

I've listened to my recording again with your comment in mind. I can hear it and, worse, I can't unhear it now. The pedai is definitely too prominent, at least in some parts of the piece. I'm afraid that's neither the composer's nor the arranger's fault. II'll try not to overdo it with the pedalling the next time I play this. In this piece though, it can be tricky to take your foot off the pedal at the right time and avoid harming the continuity of the melody.

A few quick thoughts about some of the submissions.

2. JJHLH
Beautiful playing with perfect expression.

3. peterws
What a fun little piece! It sounds pleasantly light-hearted.

4. Sma55
As far as I can tell, you play this with great precision and musicality. I love the subtle changes in dynamics throughout the piece.

5. Ido
You do sound like you're having fun with this piece. And that's a job well done in my book.

6. Peyton
Great composition with a fitting title. Listening to this conjures up images of someone embarking on a long train journey and wistfully thinking about the things and people he/she's leaving behind.

8. Jazztpt
This could pretty much be the theme song for my state of mind when summer ends. Nice playing!

12. Ruth CM
Enjoyable and suitably dreamy performance. Impressively accurate too for a first take.

13. Ralph L.
Maybe the title is influencing my perception but this sounds filled with strong emotions.

17. Riddler (Ed)
Despite my passing interest in jazz, I'm not familiar with this piece. There are certainly worse ways to honour your wife! Thank you for sharing this and playing it so well.

18. PianogrlNW
Wonderful melancholy performance.

20. JoBert
Really fun and entertaining. Peter Jackson is a bit of an oddball, but at least the soundtrack for the LOTR and Hobbit films is pretty good. You display great dramatic and tone changes in this performance.

22. Ganddalf
Nice upbeat playing! Sounds accurate too.

24. Snejana
A competent and gentle performance. Thanks for adding to the variety of the submissions!

25. Griffin2417
Great playing. I like the sometimes subte changes in expression. Beautiful ending.

26. Serge88
It sounds flawless to me. Pefect little changes in dynamics.

27. Jason Lenthe
Nice, even playing throughout the performance.Impressive work!

29. Peter Hontaru
What a lovely performance of Elton John's hit. It's so full of musicality in all the right ways.

30. Associate X (Liz)
Impressive masery of the gentle expression and tempo in this performance.

34. ThomasPiano
A wonderful composition that instantly makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

35. initK
Nice delicate performance. I think your piano skills deserve better recording quality, but I still enjoyed this.

36. KevinM
Amazing! Since the November recital, I've found your performances to be consistently impressive in terms of technique/accuracy and enjoyable in terms of musicality. Mendelssohn really is a great fit for you, and I look forward to hearing your future submissions.You, sir, are a good artist.

38. barbaram
Sounds good. If you can play the other movement as well, your performance for the Beethoven recital should go swimmingly.

40. lvojnovic
Nice. I think the slow tempo suits the piece.

43. MarieJ
Thank you for submitting an Einaudi piece. Beautiful playing too. I can totally picture the man walking alone on the beach.

45. tt368
I've always been fond of the Greensleeves tune and you do it justice with this nice, gentle performance.

46. Sam S
Another interesting piece that helps bring variety into the recital. This is the kind of piece I'd have a hard time playing well, but you did a very good job.

AB Forum Recital #2950662 02/23/20 06:06 PM
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
39 Selfishplayer

My wife used to play this. It sent our little lad to sleep when he was sitting in his catapult - seat under the grand piano . . . .You don't sound dissimilar. This is hard, and ideally it should be lively, fast. But it sounds good as it stands, and you're certainly getting the speed up nicely when needed.

40 Ivojnovic

This coming on fine. I dunno how fast t goes, but you're playing it with accuracy and diplomacy. Nice.

41 Joangolfing

Very tuneful piece which I liked. It has some bits in it that are similar to what I wrote in mine. So I'm on good ground, and - so are you! Well done.

42 Sarvesh

9 months in and you're playing a grand! And your playing was grand, young fella. I heard the applause at the end . . smile Well done! You hve so much time to have so much fun on that piano! Well done!

43 MarieJ

I thought we'd get some Einaudi before long. So meditative, relaxing and those notes ring on for ever. Enjoyed.

44 Purrblast

Delightful, mellow, pleasant. Lovely sound on your Jo-anna.

45 tt368

An excellent take on Greensleeves. Credited to King Henry the VIII, he'd be proud. And let you live. I like the variations. Nicel;y done.

46 SamS

Love to hear about posthumous composers who never get recognised in their lifetime. We are a dying breed . . . Nice powerful playing Sam, but I can see why he didn't make it in his time. . .

47 harpoon

Summertime. Great effort here, You'll be flowing effortlessly soon with this.

48 Quasiunafantasia

Piano sounds lovely, and your work is relaxed with a pleasant feel to it. You're in a good place. Very nice thoughtful playing. A fitting piece to finish off this recital.

And it was a good recital. Love the variety on offer, music, instruments, Here's to the next one. Just finished a glass of cheap, excellent Sainsbury's House Cote de Rhone. I recommend this highly. Nice favour. Dunno about the nose, mine's blocked . . .

"[Linked Image]"
AB Forum Recital #2950732 02/23/20 09:30 PM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Thanks Peterws,
I like the motivational comments [and anyone else who commented ...Sam... and ...Marie] I sort of know my playing has sort of "gone retro" instead of ahead.. smile
When I practice more consistently, hopefully, I'll be the virtuoso I was meant to be LOL.
Besides, not meeting the goal is the motivation to practice, So I guess you never really "get there".

AB Forum Recital #2950793 02/24/20 12:48 AM

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member
Hello Everyone!
I've finally gotten to take the time to spend and give my full attention to all of this beautiful piano playing. I'm not one who is into a lot of comments, because I more enjoy listening! However, I want to let you all know how much I appreciate having an opportunity to enjoy what you have to share of your talent.

I'll be back with more later this week!

Carl (griffin2417)

11. Calavera - Not Tomorrow Very nicely performed, and enjoyable to listen to. Thanks!

12. Ruth CM - Traumerei A very nice job! Especially, with this being the first take. Thanks!

13. Ralph L. - lettre a ma mere Thanks very much Ralph L. It was relaxing and enjoyable.

14. thepianoplayer416 - Sicilienne Very nice! I've always enjoyed this piece. Yet, I've never had any background about it. Thanks for providing it in your notes.

15. earlofmar - Andantino Very nice, Earlofmar!! And so nice to reconnect with you again after all of these years. I can see why you passed the exam. It was a good performance.!

16. Ted Jones - Improvisation I've no skills or talents with either composition or improvisation. I marvel at those that do, however. Thanks for sharing this, Ted.

17. Riddler (Ed) - Wise One Thank you for this, Riddler. Coltrane is one of my favorite jazz artists.

18. PianogrlNW - Gnossienne No. 1 I love Satie! I'm hoping to record one of his pieces for an upcoming recital. Thanks for this performance, PianogrlNW! I love it!

19. Claudemir Medeiros - Odeon Very nice work, Claudemir Medeiros! You skills clearly come through! Thanks!

20. JoBert - The Hobbit - Theme Very nicely performed! Thanks!

21. PikaPianist - Piano Sonata No.12, III. Funeral March I can feel and hear your passion in this performance! That's what this so special. I can tell you truly care about it. Nice work! I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

22. Ganddalf - Gigue from French Suite no.6 Bach is one of my favorite composers. Thanks for this lovely performance, Ganddalf!

23. dumka1 - "Separation" I love this piece, Dumkal! Thanks for sharing it, and introducing me to a new piece of music!

24. Snejana - Celestial Cloud Very nice. Smejana! Thanks for introducing me to this music.

Carl

AB Forum Recital #2951018 02/24/20 01:26 PM
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R

24. Snejana - Celestial Cloud
A very appealing piece and excellent performance. To me, this piece is harmonically more interesting than most music that is called new age. I see what you mean about the appeal of the minimalism and repetition. Well done.

25. Griffin2417 - Prelude in C Sharp Minor
Wow, passionate playing if I ever heard it! I love the intensity and the drama of this piece. You approach it as i would, if i could play it - as something above and beyond, somethign cosmic, something ultimate. Great right-hand work on that middle section, it comes across very strong! Well done.

27. Greta99 - Rosemary's Waltz
What an interesting piece! It sure covers a lot of territory, harmonically, and seems to move with easy agility between keys or between minor and major. You make it sound easy but I'd bet it is more difficult than it sounds. Well done!

28. Jason Lenthe - Sonata in C Major (K545), 1st movement
Masterful! I liked the spirit of the whole performance, just right for the piece. BTW, the trills were impressive to me.

Ed

AB Forum Recital #2951397 02/25/20 12:17 PM
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
I'm a little bit late to the party but here's my comments,

38. barbaram - Op 49 No 2 2nd Mvt Tempo di Menuetto (to do)
Well played.

39. selfishplayer - Waltz op64 no2 C# minor (to do)
Nice piano and well played

40. lvojnovic - Prelude in b minor (to do)
It's good and I hope you feel better.

41. joangolfing - Gavotte in G minor BWV 822 (to do)
Smooth, great playing.

42. Sarvesh - Fusion and variation on Scherzo and Etude (to do)
Nicely done, keep up the playing.

43. MarieJ - La Profondita del Buio (to do)
Your piece is ready and very beautiful, I like it.

44. Purrblast - Little Prelude in E minor (BWV 941) (to do)
Almost two years ? Great playing.

45. tt368 - What Child is This (Arr. Melody Bober) (to do)
Nice interpretation of "what child is this".

46. Sam S - "The Alcotts" from the Concord Sonata (to do)
Good playing, I never heard of this composer.

47. Harpon - Summertime (to do)
Well played

48. QuasiUnaFantasia - Chanson triste (to do)
Nice performance !

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

AB Forum Recital #2951409 02/25/20 12:45 PM
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
26. Serge88 - Concerto No 20 K.466 - Romance(Abridged solo version) (to do)
Keep practising and one day you will be good.

27. Greta99 - Rosemary's Waltz (to do)
You played with a very nice touch.

28. Jason Lenthe - Sonata in C Major (K545), 1st movement (to do)
I like it ! One day, I should learn that piece.

29. Peter Hontaru - Your Song (to do)
It's one of my favorite from Elton. Nice interpretation.

30. AssociateX (Liz) - Nocturne Op. 6 # 2 (to do)
Beautifully and sensitively played. And thanks for your helpful comments on my performance.

31. winterflower - February Noodle (to do)
What style ? I don't know, it could be music for a movie. Another nice composition

32. Piano_primo_1 - Menuet BWV Anhang 116 (to do)
Good playing

33. Handyman - Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (from "Les Mis") (to do)
Well done, I love it.

34. ThomasPiano - Say You Won't Let Go (to do)
Very nice composition.

35. initK - Von Fremden Landern Und Menschen Op 15.No 1 (Of foreign lands and people) (to do)
Nice playing and sound is good.

36. KevinM - Song Without Words 19.6 Venetianisches Gondollied (to do)
You did an excellent job with this Mendelssohn

37. Mosotti - Minuet in G (to do)
Nice playing, I thought Bach was the composer.

“To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts - such is the duty of the artist.”
- Robert Schumann

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
100,000!
---------------------
NEW! Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Introductions to the great composers
by Animisha - 01/19/21 02:43 AM
NAMM 2021 Keyboards & Digital Pianos
by Osho - 01/18/21 08:57 PM
Advice on Grey Market Yamahas - Melbourne, Vic
by Tim_Au - 01/18/21 08:08 PM
Faulty Anytime in Kawai GE-30 AT
by Lempriere - 01/18/21 07:39 PM
Can I sell Garritan CFX?
by Tigris90 - 01/18/21 07:27 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics204,373
Posts3,048,769
Members100,115
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission