2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
47 members (Cheeeeee, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 6 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 65 of 108 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 107 108
M
M
Originally Posted by akc42
Originally Posted by mclayson
For anybody interested in PM, there appears to be a 20% discount code (along with others in this thread which might still be viable)
for annual membership that means 20% off of $110.99 (which equates to $89).

I joined using Josh Wrights code, but when I did discount was only available with the monthly subscription. I purchase yearly (which is still better than a discounted monthly)

I can confirm. After trying a discount code there was no option to see final price before committing to payment and the annual subscription was not discounted. Confirmed after contacting support. That was a slight shock because the exchange rate for dollars where I live if extremely adverse.

Then I saw a 15% discount for ANNUAL membership as a Valentine promotion so it is always worth checking (this time on their Facebook page) for intermittent discounts if you haven't yet pulled the trigger.

P
P
I was trying it out but I got a little frustrated by Peter Peter. I finished all of level 1A and 1B in a day each and Peter Peter was so much harder. I finally just tried out different ways to do the fist thing which I did not want to do and got to 99% so I can probably make 100%. I think I might sign up eventually but it is a lot of money for now. I did not realize there was a discount that it looks like I missed.

Pianonewbie27 - did you watch the video?

[Linked Image]

Alfred's Adult All-in-One, Book 1/2
Piano Marvel 4D

T
T
Originally Posted by Pianonewbie27
I was trying it out but I got a little frustrated by Peter Peter. I finished all of level 1A and 1B in a day each and Peter Peter was so much harder. I finally just tried out different ways to do the fist thing which I did not want to do and got to 99% so I can probably make 100%. I think I might sign up eventually but it is a lot of money for now. I did not realize there was a discount that it looks like I missed.

Have a break from it, let your brain digest it and I bet you do it first time in your next session.

I found that you have to be very relaxed, light and gentle in order to do that clenched fist technique.

Don’t let it put you off. After this one, the exercises return to normality. I think they only put it in in order to force people to discover the help videos.

Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

Welcome to PW, Pianonewbie27. There are embedded videos for almost every method lesson. If you don't watch the videos, you might struggle on Peter Peter as it is intended to be played using an atypical technique.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
P
P
Originally Posted by treefrog

Have a break from it, let your brain digest it and I bet you do it first time in your next session.

I found that you have to be very relaxed, light and gentle in order to do that clenched fist technique.

Don’t let it put you off. After this one, the exercises return to normality. I think they only put it in in order to force people to discover the help videos.

This is what I needed to do. I took a break from it and was able to do it pretty quickly the next time even the fast version that came after.

D
D
I've heard a lot about this BachScholar thing, how good it is for sightreading training and should I try it after finishing method and technique (which will take quite a while it seems - I'm on Method 5C currently) or earlier?

Casio PX-160 (Previous), Yamaha CLP-645 (Current), Philips SHP9500
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Darkwasp
I've heard a lot about this BachScholar thing, how good it is for sightreading training and should I try it after finishing method and technique (which will take quite a while it seems - I'm on Method 5C currently) or earlier?

Bachscholar is difficult, but a nice challenge, and you really learn how to read sight. You can try it any time wink

Piano Marvel level 4E and everything I like smile
M
M
Hey everyone, we have a brand new iPad update out that we released yesterday! Please check it out if you haven't as it includes some great new features! Here's a video that shows some of the big features in the update! 😁 https://www.facebook.com/PianoMarvel/videos/1483134348528088/

T
T
Originally Posted by millsj1134
Hey everyone, we have a brand new iPad update out that we released yesterday! Please check it out if you haven't as it includes some great new features! Here's a video that shows some of the big features in the update! 😁 https://www.facebook.com/PianoMarvel/videos/1483134348528088/

Cool.

Looking forward to trying out the new features tomorrow.

Keep up the good work.

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
How isn’t this an ‘advertisement’ by the author and isn’t band like I have seen others have been band on this page? There seems to be multiple standards? Very curious and addressing it to those who have actively eliminated certain users? Thanks.

Last edited by Pianoperformance; 03/06/20 04:48 PM.
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Pianoperformance
How isn’t this an ‘advertisement’ by the author and isn’t band like I have seen others have been band on this page? There seems to be multiple standards? Very curious and addressing it to those who have actively eliminated certain users? Thanks.

I do not sell Piano Marvel, do I? I only use it, just like thousands of people here talk about Alfred's books, in adult beginners forum. I don't understand your comment ...

Last edited by Sarah65; 03/08/20 05:21 PM.

It also wasn't worded to entice non-subscribers to purchase a subscription, but to notify existing subscribers (as most on this thread are) of an update which they might be interested in but not otherwise know about.

[Linked Image]

Alfred's Adult All-in-One, Book 1/2
Piano Marvel 4D

S
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
S

Maybe you should read the forum rules: they prohibit SELF-PROMOTION
http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/268928.html

I can’t see how this post would fit the definition; but if you do, use the ‘report’ button

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member

This sort of product announcement is something done by an employee of a keyboard manufacturer on the Digital forum without any complaints. Here, the one doing it is also an employee and not the owner.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
J
J
And another step forward... Keep going... In the section 5E there are few great pieces to learn. Though as program PM continues to get there you need to do what is before. My experience with PM tells me that all previous exercises both Method and Technique develop in you skills you require to actually learn those later occurring pieces much easily. You can before of course... why to struggle though. So, my next step was The Star Spangled Banner (5E - Method) using Pipe Organ sound in my piano. I share it here with you and only tell more that after that there are 4 nice pieces I work on already that give LOADS OF FUN. Keep going!!! Have fun smile

Ps. 'HarmonySmurf' great job with your Arabia smile I love it smile

pianopracticechallenge.com
Piano Marvel discount code: jw (practice every day - result will come fast smile )
Sarah65 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Jaro
And another step forward... Keep going... In the section 5E there are few great pieces to learn. Though as program PM continues to get there you need to do what is before. My experience with PM tells me that all previous exercises both Method and Technique develop in you skills you require to actually learn those later occurring pieces much easily. You can before of course... why to struggle though. So, my next step was The Star Spangled Banner (5E - Method) using Pipe Organ sound in my piano. I share it here with you and only tell more that after that there are 4 nice pieces I work on already that give LOADS OF FUN. Keep going!!! Have fun smile

Ps. 'HarmonySmurf' great job with your Arabia smile I love it smile

Beautifull as always ! Nice organ. When I am tired of practicing, I sometimes put my piano on a different instrument, so you can continue without getting boring. laugh

J
J
Originally Posted by Sarah65
Beautifull as always ! Nice organ. When I am tired of practicing, I sometimes put my piano on a different instrument, so you can continue without getting boring. laugh

So true. I just discovered that approach, though stubbornly I was using only piano features on my piano so far. That changes now smile

pianopracticechallenge.com
Piano Marvel discount code: jw (practice every day - result will come fast smile )
H
H
thanks Jaro!

currently on the 4A books on Piano Marvel
T
T
I’m just starting 3A which means that in the near future I'll be on 3B which means that I’ll be tackling the infamous 'Arabia'.

Part of me is intrigued, part of me is excited, part of me is pensive and another part is terrified smile

Page 65 of 108 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 107 108

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission