2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Petrof Pianos
Petrof Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Karsten Collection
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Who's Online Now
56 members (blueviewlaguna., achoo42, anotherscott, Boboulus, 36251, chopinetto, 10 invisible), 501 guests, and 324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Preludes Themed Recital 2020 - General Discussion Room
KevinM #2934736 01/16/20 11:31 AM
O
outo Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by KevinM
Originally Posted by outo
Originally Posted by KevinM
Anyone else have trouble listening to Tyrone's piece via the online streaming player. All others seems to work fine. Only the youtube video works.

It works for me. What kind of trouble do you have? No sound?

The loader never starts loading the track and so never starts to play it. No problem with any of the others. This is on macOS 10.14.6 and Safari.

I am using firefox (on PC) and it works fine. I thought it could be the track or file name, but there's nothing special in it...Sorry that I cannot help.

outo #2934744 01/16/20 11:41 AM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
Originally Posted by outo

I am using firefox (on PC) and it works fine. I thought it could be the track or file name, but there's nothing special in it...Sorry that I cannot help.

Thanks for responding outo. I was able to listen from the youtube link without a problem so I am not missing out. It is just odd.

Last edited by KevinM; 01/16/20 11:41 AM.
outo #2934805 01/16/20 01:26 PM
W
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
W
CMB 13, Thanks so much for listening to my piece and I agree, it needs a bit more tempo (although I don't like this one galloping too fast). Thank you for pointing me to the gain setting. It's been a while since I recorded on the Zoom Q3 and I was clueless as to how to increase the sound. Sorry about that.

[Linked Image]

Wise as in learner
Buff as in Colorado Buffalo
outo #2934806 01/16/20 01:28 PM
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Jordan Nylander
Second time I've heard Bach's WTC in C maj today. Very good.

I've also learned and recorded La fille aux cheveux de lin for a previous recital; what a beautiful piece! I've let it slip a little. I enjoyed hearing your rendition. You played it at a slower, more deliberate tempo than I've heard before. This gives it a slightly different feel. Less urgency, more of a relaxed feel. While I think I prefer it a little higher tempo, I enjoyed your interpretation. Thanks for sharing it.

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
outo #2934922 01/16/20 04:47 PM
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
PikaPianist, I can't stop listening to your piece, it's so beautiful, and wonderfully played, I can't remember when I last heard anything as lovely as this smile

[Linked Image]XXXVII-XXXVIII
I pray, that tomorrow I may strive to be a little better than I am today - and, on behalf of everybody else, I give thanks for headphones.
Jytte #2934944 01/16/20 05:54 PM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
Originally Posted by Jytte
PikaPianist, I can't stop listening to your piece, it's so beautiful, and wonderfully played, I can't remember when I last heard anything as lovely as this smile

PikePianist - It really is beautiful. Why would you want to hear that any faster. Just the right tempo.

outo #2934947 01/16/20 05:58 PM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
Pianist685

I love this piece, starts with such a melancholy feel, but there is something bright and uplifting in there as well.

outo #2934951 01/16/20 06:00 PM
K
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
K
Calavera

Wonderful. Such good control of the dynamics.

cmb13 #2935008 01/16/20 08:53 PM
D
D
Originally Posted by cmb13
Dumka,

Finally, some Chopin! I wasn’t familiar with this one but I can see why you like it. It’s very powerful, with rich chords and a melody that leads to each chord. Great. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks! I'm glad you appreciated the prelude. I remember seeing a discussion of Chopin's preludes on one of the forums (maybe Pianist Corner?), and this one was consistently voted as the least favorite, which made me kind of mad. I know I could have done more with it (I lost the melody in the right hand a bit when focusing on the trills in the left), but I didn't have much time to revive and record it.

outo #2935070 01/16/20 11:56 PM
P
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
P
Thank you KevinM, cmb13, and Mati for commenting on my Franck submission. It’s still a work in progress and I look forward to some day increasing the tempo.

I have listened to most of the submissions and am impressed with the dedication everyone is making to increase their pianistic skills. Thanks Outo for putting this recital together. Lots of Bach, Chopin and other composers represented here.

outo #2935242 01/17/20 11:12 AM
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Tim, excellent playing all around, thanks for introducing us to some music we might not know!

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
cmb13 #2935325 01/17/20 01:56 PM
J
J
Originally Posted by cmb13
Jordan Nylander
Second time I've heard Bach's WTC in C maj today. Very good.

I've also learned and recorded La fille aux cheveux de lin for a previous recital; what a beautiful piece! I've let it slip a little. I enjoyed hearing your rendition. You played it at a slower, more deliberate tempo than I've heard before. This gives it a slightly different feel. Less urgency, more of a relaxed feel. While I think I prefer it a little higher tempo, I enjoyed your interpretation. Thanks for sharing it.

Thank you!

I enjoyed preparing these pieces for my first time on this site for recitals.
I'm looking forward to preparing Beethoven for the next recital as well!

outo #2935341 01/17/20 02:25 PM
J
J
Calavera,

I enjoyed the Final Fantasy Prelude! Thanks for sharing

Sam S,

I recognized this song but I'm not sure from where. Great playing and nice song choice.

PikaPianist,

I really head the nostalgia in your interpretation. Nice job.

outo #2935392 01/17/20 04:25 PM
I jotted some of my comments below for those pieces I was able to listen to while I was at work yesterday and today (had it running in the background).

02. Jason Lenthe - Little Prelude in F Major, BWV 928 (to do)
- very even notes and playing, good job!

03. Snejana - Prelude in C Major

- love the tempo and the note accuracy is wonderful!

04. Tim Adrianson - Preludes, Op. 11, Nos. 3, 6, 9, 12, 15
05. Tim Adrianson - Preludes, Op. 103, Nos. 3, 4, 5
06. Tim Adrianson - Three Preludes for solo piano
11. Tim Adrianson - Six Preludes for Piano
12. Tim Adrianson - Preludes 3, 4 for Guitar (trans. Piano)
13. Tim Adrianson - Preludes #s 5, 6, 8
19. Tim Adrianson - Childhood Memory; Elegy
20. Tim Adrianson - Mysterious; Sprightly

I grouped all your submissions together as this recital should probably renamed “The Tim Adrianson Recital: Selected Works”. The playing is amazing and inspiring as always! I particularly enjoyed the sensitive and tender way you played the Preludes. I also was not familiar with these composers and they were a joy to listen to. The dark moodiness and melancholy natire of the Sprightly piece..it was a real joy. I will listen to some of these again as there was much to enjoy in every single piece.

08. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Prelude Op. 2 No. 2

This was played very beautifully and expressively. I could not hear technical glitches or anything that interrupted the flow.

09. Calavera - Prelude

I would love to hear this piece on an acoustic piano, the dynamics would sound incredible. The runs were well executed and even.

10. BSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Prelude In D Flat Major

The first 3 notes did sound a little harsh in tone (I am guilty of harsh playing so now I am always aware of this) but the rest of the piece was just wonderful and I could hear all your musical ideas. I liked the tempo and I could hear dynamic variations. Fantastic job!

14. Jason Lenthe - Little Prelude in E Major, BWV 937

I loved the brisk tempo and you didn’t miss a beat (or note from what I perceived!), was this piece played on the Harpsichord setting of the digital piano or a real Harpsichord? I liked the distinct sound.

16. Jordan Nylander - La fille aux cheveux de lin
I kept thinking about the rhythm, tempo, note values, intonation and dynamics in this piece- I felt the tempo could have been a little faster in some spots but the general idea was conveyed well.

17. Sam S - Prelude to a Fairy Tale
Good dynamics and I liked the slow decrescendos and ritardandos in this pieces. The parallel chords did come across just a tad loud/harsh but that may be an effect of the MP3 format. It is a cute piece!

18. facdo - Little Prelude in E Minor - BWV 941
Lovely short piece!
I am always impressed by your succinct articulated summaries of your own performances and interpretations. The fact that you memorized this is an accomplishment as Bach is so difficult to really execute from memory. I usually trip up somewhere and confuse a phrase with another one later or earlier in the piece.

As far as technical feedback: I agree w/ much of what you noted- esp where you perceive there were RH syncopations in lieu of a polyrhythm. It takes a sharp ear to distinguish the subtle difference in how the finger strikes the key to execute a proper accent on the right note, and overall play a passage with the correct 2:3 rhythm. I also struggle with this!

Great job!

21. Morodiene - Prelude in G Major BWV 860 (WTC 1)

You really went into this w/ a bouncy jaunty approach and I loved that a lot. A lot of Bach pieces are played very dry and this is definitely not dry. The tempo is impressive! I now want to learn this Prelude.

35. Morodiene - Prelude (of course) from Tombeau de Couperin

I find Ravel so difficult to play because of all the musical demands he imbues in his music, but you executed this to almost flawless perfection for overall effect. I really liked this and have listened to it 3x already. Sure there may be a missed note here or there but the articulation and dynamics are fantastic.

22. PikaPianist - Prelude Op. 10, No. 1 in Db major
Wow, I am impressed! This sounded professionally played. Quality of sound was excellent and the overall flow was beautiful. I’ve been watching your YouTube channel and your progress is evident. Great job!

23. barbaram - Three Little Preludes BWV 939, 940, 941
Thoughtfully and deliberately played.

25. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Prelude No 5 in D major (The Well Tempered Clavier, Book 1) (BWV 850)
Very nicely played!

28. facdo - Bachianas Brasileiras No.4 - I. Preludio
Thank you for sharing this composer's work, I was not familiar with this and I liked it.

29. lvojnovic - Prelude in e minor

One of the great things about developing your ear is realizing when a recording on playback sounds different than what you thought you were playing as you were performing. It is an eye opener, isn’t it? This piece has a lot of potential, I think you are getting there.

33. Jordan Nylander - Prelude in E major
I listened to this twice and then realized it was the same Prelude posted by dumka (# 38) below- both versions appear to be identical so I hate to be making distinctions between the 2 performances on purely technical aspects but I enjoyed both immensely and can’t really offer anything to fix or improve because this performance sounded flawless to me.

36. PianogrlNW - Prelude from Op. 18 Prelude, Fugue and Variation I am always amazed at your musicality and inability to play a wrong note. Great playing!

37. nardobrown - Shostakovich Prelude and Fugue No.24

I would love to hear this is on an acoustic. This is a challenging endeavor! I am not familiar with this particular prelude but I have a Shostakovich Preludes CD (Ledeyva as the pianist) which I can prob listen to and double check how closely this resembles that but given time constraints, I won’t do that and probably won’t need to because what I hear sounds absolutely lovely and expressive. There is a lot of complexity in this music, you executed nice flowing passages in fast tempo, and I feel you were able to capture and convey that convincingly.

38. dumka1 - Prelude in E major op. 28 no. 9

I listened to this twice because I was not familiar with this Prelude and love the inner harmony lines. I also have realized it was the same Prelude posted by Jordan Nylander (# 33) a- both versions appear to be identical so I hate to be making distinctions between the 2 performances on purely technical aspects but I enjoyed both immensely and can’t really offer anything to fix or improve because this performance sounded flawless to me.

39. Wisebuff (aka Karen) - Prelude 934
- I had to crank up the volume because it sounded low but from what I was able to hear, it sounded really lovely and a beautiful melody.

40. selfishplayer - prelude op.28 no.4
- LH notes too staccato and there are parts where it does sound awkward as you stated in the description. I would keep working on it to smooth it out even more but this is a good start.

41. Tyrone Slothrop - Little Prelude, BWV 939
- good effort, the RH sounded a bit struggling-like but you kept the flow and tempo which was great. Keep it up!

43. winterflower - BWV 861's prelude, in g minor
This had a strong quick stard but it mellowed out very nicely. Look forward to hearing it again!

~~~~~~~
My Practice/Progress YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNj0Yha5exOWuJMTezV3t8Q
AssociateX #2935509 01/17/20 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by AssociateX
I jotted some of my comments below for those pieces I was able to listen to while I was at work yesterday and today (had it running in the background).

02. Jason Lenthe - Little Prelude in F Major, BWV 928 (to do)
- very even notes and playing, good job!

14. Jason Lenthe - Little Prelude in E Major, BWV 937

I loved the brisk tempo and you didn’t miss a beat (or note from what I perceived!), was this piece played on the Harpsichord setting of the digital piano or a real Harpsichord? I liked the distinct sound.

Hi Liz,

Thank you for listening and commenting. Its very interesting that you wondered whether I played the E major prelude on a harpsichord setting or an actual harpsichord. It is actually an acoustic grand piano, a Cunningham Parlour Grand to be exact, which does have a somewhat distinct sound. I also played with fair amount of separation between the 16th notes for clarity which is something I've been working on with my teacher. It is perhaps a tad bit too staccatoish but maybe that's giving it a more percussive and more harpsichordish sound.

outo #2935662 01/18/20 11:20 AM
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Hi, folks! My thanks to all the contributors on this Themed Recital -- as usual, one can feel the effort expended to provide the best "take" on the varied submissions. Here are my short comments on each submission:

selfishplayer -- You had said you were an adult beginner, but this is definitely NOT a beginner Prelude! You had also indicated that this is a work in progress -- I agree, and would recommend two general things for improvement:

1. Slow it down, rather considerably -- right now, I consider your tempo to be slightly beyond even a "performance-ready" rendition. Right now, the tempo careens out of control at several points, and these fluctuations are unpleasant to listen to.
2. Pay more attention to the left hand -- right now, you're counting on the right hand ttoo much to "carry you through", but Bach simply demands more integration of both hands -- certainly in this Prelude. And it certainly would serve to address tempo irregularities.

Having said that, the musical flow was sometimes quite good, and as I say, this is not an easy piece to achieve that.

Jason Lenthe -- Not much to criticize on either of your Bach submissions, Jason -- tight as a drum rhythmically, and you have the guts not to rely on any pedal at all. A joy to listen to -- bravo!.

snejana -- I used to play this famous Prelude the same way you do: accenting the top note in each arpeggio -- but I've changed my mind about that. Fortunately, you have another rendition of the same piece by Jordan Nylander for comparison: he and I accent the root note of each arpeggio rather than the top note. That changes the "feel" of the musical line, but I think it better exhibits the character of the piece. Just a personal opinion. Otherwise, well done, except -- check out the ending; it's not as improvisatory as you played it.

seeker -- Your friend Mr. Bellak had a sophisticated sense of Jazz harmony and rhythm -- loved the virtuoso flourish at the end!

Pianist685 -- Even at 17, Scriabin had an acute sense of melodic flow. He was IMO the finest "Chopin wannabe" ever, in his early years. As usual, you presented it with full musical understanding.

calavero -- I'm not typically much of a fan of Games music, but I thought Uematsu provided a very logical, well proportioned Prelude. I especially liked the change in cadence in the final statement. And very nicely performed.

BSharp(C)yclist -- Again, a rock solid performance of a very pretty piece by Catherine Rollin, one of the many teacher-composers who operate in the piano education realm. Very enjoyable; very nice piano sound.

Jordan Nylander -- For the Bach, see notes for snejana above. In the Debussy, besides being very slow, I believe you are misreading some of the intended rhythmic movement at various junctures in the piece -- more specifically, some of the segments are going half as fast as they should go relative to the entire flow. To my ear, you clearly nailed all the sometimes quite subtle harmonies, meaning that the rhythmic irregularities cannot be attributed to improvisatory rubato. I mention this only because Debussy notated everything quite precisely, and it does him a disservice not to honor his directives "to the letter".

Sam S -- Ah, yes -- Denes Agay! I believe I owned his collection of pieces once upon a time, and knew that he contributed a couple of his own. Well, I'd say he was a Bartok "wannabe", without the spikes and thorns that Bartok provided, even in his educational pieces. For me, a very effective piece, very solidly presented, both technically and musically.

facdo -- For a relative beginner, you really have a good musical sensibility for the piano. You play Bach very "romantically" -- so do I; be prepared for criticism in that regard! I very much enjoyed the Villa Lobos Preludio to the Bachianas Brasileiras #4; i've played the whole Suite in the past, and I completely agree with your conception of how the piece should move. I hope you have occasion to listen to my rendition of the two Guitar Preludes transcribed for piano by Luis Brandao -- would love to hear from a "real Brasilian"!

Morodiene -- A very secure rendition of the G Major Prelude from WTC 2, in all ways. I personally play it somewhat faster, but your approach worked for me across the board.

Pika Pianist -- Now here's a perfect example of what I consider a "Rare Gem" -- a beautifully crafted melody, developed to perfection within a 2 minute timeframe -- loaded with charm. And as usual, presented to perfection, complete with the finishing flourish. Bravo!

More comments to follow, probably later today (7 inches of snow to shovel, first!)

outo #2935793 01/18/20 04:20 PM
Here some of my comments:
some of recordings to me are perfect , beyond my beginner level ability to give comments, just enjoyed listening to them. like Tim's huge collection ,21,22,24,25,26,30,32 and several more.
39.Wisebuff - Sound volume is a bit too low. But its a very beautiful playing. the piano sound is pretty good.and you played so elegantly.
29 ivojnovic - very good playing , well expressed emotionally, at 1:25 , you played quite smooth while I found it's a bit challenging for me. after listened to your version, I found my version is just not right,
34 AssocaiteX - Your progress is amazing. This recording is very well played with only a few minor mistakes near the end.But you just got it right overall. Compared to some of your previous recordings on YT like the Chopin valse op64n2 , it totally felt like 2 different players. Keep progress!

Tim's collection - Great performance , surely I will listen to them often . Can't imagine they're played on a Kawai baby grand 5'5, even smaller than my RX2 .but it sounds like from a much larger piano.Now I have no excuse to link my poor playing to piano's problem, just my skill poor.
And thank you for your feedback on my recording of eng suite 2 prel , I should really slow down especially in practice to spot and solve all potential problems but not rush for an unpleasant recording .

Currently working on:BWV1052 1st mov Bunch of WTCs Beethoven op.53 Bunch of Chopin's
myt
outo #2935819 01/18/20 05:24 PM
T
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Part 2 of the comments of the various submissions:

barbaram -- Very nice traversal of the Bach Preludes -- well proportioned; good sense of musical line.

Pathbreaker -- Beautifully expressive rendition of the Prelude from the 1st Partita -- the fun really begins after that!

Mateusz "Mati" Papernik -- Very clear, precise rendering of the Bach Prelude. Look forward to hearing more of you in the future.

Greta99 -- Again, a very solid, precise rendition of the Bach. Interesting to listen to the various Arens Preludes -- essentially an introduction to the simpler progressions of various contemporary pop and folk songs.

Ivojnovic -- A very solid rendition of the Chopin Prelude, although I would aim to shape the line of the elegant progressions in the left hand even more than you did, and perhaps smooth it out a little. It is such a mournful, beautiful statement!

Ganddalf -- Both Preludes are new to me, although the composers aren't. Blumenfeld is aiming for charm here, and I thought you captured that aspect very effectively. Bortkiewicz strikes me here as openly emulating early Rachmaninov, particularly his Elegy, with an elaborate rolling bass against a very pronounced and elegant melodic line. It's great to hear pieces like this from lesser known composers -- "forgotten", so to speak, but still consummately professional.

Jordan Nylander -- Solid and well-considered renditions of both pieces, similar to your earlier submissions. Hope to hear more from you in the future! You get a chance to compare your Chopin against another submitter, which I've always found intriguing

AssociateX -- A nicely expressive rendition of the F Minor WTC 2 Prelude -- which to me is important, because I admit to finding it a tad dull without the expressive touches. OK, a few, uh, creative rescues here and there, but overall very enjoyable.

Morodiene -- Once I got used to your choice of tempo, I found the Ravel very compelling on its own terms. Why not slow it down some to capture all the elegant figurations and the totally satisfying harmonic surprises? I've never been satisfied with my own efforts on this piece -- your rendition gave me some new insights (although I'll still play it faster!).

PianogrlNW -- A rich, completely realized rendition of the Franck Prelude -- I've never heard this piece before, but you certainly make me want to hear the Chorale and Variation!

nardobrown -- Again, I've never personally visited the Shostakovich P&F's, but I have noted that participants in the Amateur Competitions have occasionally programmed the last one. Well, I can now see why! I find the set just too dour by half, and certainly the Prelude here is sombre and somewhat tortured, but it certainly sets the tone for the powerful Fugue that concludes the set. Many thanks for including it!

dumka -- A very solid presentation of what I call the "Organ Hymn" Prelude within the Chopin set. To be frank, I've never found that Prelude to be terribly convincing -- it just needs, well, more development before the ending. But your rendition was well considered, throughout.

Wisebuff -- A very precise rendering of section "A" -- congratulations on negotiating the chromatic demands of section "B".
The quiet sound was quite interesting -- sort of like one was listening to a clavichord!

selfishplayer -- As i mentioned to Ivojnovic, the left hand is by far the most interesting feature of the piece, and should not IMO be presented merely as a 1-2-3-4 accompanying figure to the right hand melody. It needs to be shaped such that we hear a "song" of its own, somewhat countering and supporting the mournful statement in the right hand. It's an effective little "mini-drama", in other words.

Tyrone Slothrop -- Overall a nice, clean rendition of the Bach Prelude, although I believe that I disagree with you on the left hand ornaments -- yours I hear more as grace notes, whereas I suspect that they are mordents instead. But, nice effort -- keep at it!

winterflower -- On the B Minor WTC 1 Prelude, I hear more of a "walking bass" -- meaning almost a jaunty quality that never changes tempo from beginning to end, in spite of the changes that occur in the right hand. I find your approach to be a tad too morose in character. On the G minor, I see the trills as being more precisely integrated with the rhythmic movement of the entire Prelude; i.e., they are more than just ornaments in this context. I typically take them at double the speed of your rendition -- that might actually help in achieving a consistent flow, although I admit that it's technically difficult to balance that against the slower melodic line.

Finally, just an overall comment on my own submissions -- my intention was to provide samples from the enormous profusion of different 20th century perspectives (one even 21st!), none of which I regard as particularly challenging or forbidding to the ear. There is just an infinity of quality 20th century compositions that are virtually never heard, and I've in general made it my mission to bring a few of them to light. I do have to LIKE them, find them compelling -- I do not provide renditions for "academic interest" alone.

outo #2936156 01/20/20 06:32 AM
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
All of the recordings are very beautiful and perfectly played. I particularly liked the following preludes.

Prelude in Db major by Catherine Rollin (Bsharpcyclist/Dan) Although this is educational stuff and easy to play I find this piece very pleasing with those calm chord inversions and warm bass notes. It must be fun to play.

Prelude 10/1 by Lyadov (PikaPianist) What a most beautiful melody! Such a gem! I am playing your recording over and over.

Prelude by Richard Bellak (Seeker) Nicely catchy and modern, most interestingly in 5/4 time.

Prelude by Blumenfeld (Ganddalf) So beautiful, another real gem – could be something for the rare gems recital.

Prelude by Sergei Bortkiewicz (Ganddalf) Very touching.

Tim’s impressive collection of less-known20th century preludes is outstanding, but may I say most of those pieces are not really my kind of music... You will understand what I prefer when you look at the above list of preludes I like best.

outo #2936555 01/21/20 04:28 AM
G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
01. selfishplayer - English Suite no.2 Prelude
Many years ago, I worked on this prelude myself, but I was never able to play it fluently. I enjoyed your performance and was not at all annoyed by any “mistakes or snags”.

02. Jason Lenthe - Little Prelude in F Major, BWV 928
Your performance shows me that you have an eye for the small details of this composition. Your phrasing is excellent giving the right baroque character of the piece. Flawless playing.

03. Snejana - Prelude in C Major
I don’t like to speak about “favourite” composers or pieces, but Bach’s music is something I always return to. I like playing his pieces as well as listening to them. I think you have been successful in your work with this prelude and I enjoyed listening to your performance.

04. Tim Adrianson - Preludes, Op. 11, Nos. 3, 6, 9, 12, 15
I made my first acquaintance with this set of preludes a couple of years ago, and immediately fell in love with this music. I played a couple of them myself, but I have to face the fact that not all of them are within my capability range. I’m impressed by your performance and really enjoyed listening. Particularly I liked your interpretation of No.12.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Where Did The Buttons Go?!
----------------------
Our April 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
The Piano World During the Pandemic!
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Teacher Search
by CajunJ - 07/06/20 07:05 PM
N1X vs CA79
by pianissimo_ - 07/06/20 07:03 PM
Chickering Baldwin Samick - ID & Value?
by Stephen L. - 07/06/20 06:35 PM
Yamaha Csp-170 anyone own this
by Radioome - 07/06/20 05:49 PM
July Piano Bar 2020
by Tim Adrianson - 07/06/20 04:35 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics200,078
Posts2,977,612
Members97,686
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2020 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission