2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.9 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

Who's Online Now
29 registered members (dng, AZNpiano, 3am_stargazing, grd-dan, Dieci990, AB99, amyram, David B, 7 invisible), 393 guests, and 436 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 65 of 70 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 69 70
Re: Faber Graduates [Re: Wish4 Thing] #2933417 01/13/20 05:20 PM
dobro Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Wish4 Thing
Very nice, Chili_Time! I like the way you touch the keys since mine (Looking-Glass River) sounds like I'm hammering it... Thanks for sharing so I can learn from you!

I enjoyed this and sometimes I think we can be overly critical of ourselves. This particular tune sounds as if it benefits from playing a little hard and the notes in the walk up are even.

Alesis Coda Pro
PianoVideoLessons.com Currently unit 4
Faber All In One -Level 2
Grateful Dead fan since 1987
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Re: Faber Graduates [Re: pagirl] #2933518 01/13/20 10:32 PM
W
Wish4 Thing Offline
W
Originally Posted by pagirl
Press down gently! From the wrist!!! Don’t want to forget that!

Thank you for always being so supportive, Fran! I really could use the technique you shared here! I think I can touch keys gently with a slow tempo song, but lose fine control when it gets fast...

Hope to hear your recordings some day smile

Originally Posted by dobro
I enjoyed this and sometimes I think we can be overly critical of ourselves. This particular tune sounds as if it benefits from playing a little hard and the notes in the walk up are even.

My focus was to keep up with the tempo as evenly as possible and keep both hands on the same beat... Thank you for confirming that for me, dobro! I also welcome/appreciate any critics so I know where the problem could be and then try to fix it smile

I'm on Persian Market from 3A performance book, having fun with it grin

Re: Faber Graduates [Re: Wish4 Thing] #2933533 01/14/20 12:02 AM
W
Wish4 Thing Offline
W
I'm swinging with this tune while playing it, such a fun piece regardless of my weak scale playing wink

Persian Market

Thanks for listening!

Re: Faber Graduates [Re: Wish4 Thing] #2933644 01/14/20 10:06 AM
C
Chili_Time Offline
C
Originally Posted by Wish4 Thing
I'm swinging with this tune while playing it, such a fun piece regardless of my weak scale playing wink

Persian Market

Thanks for listening!

That was great! I still play this piece periodically because I just think it's a fun one to play. Your run up the scale near the end was very well done! It took me a while to get that scale run nailed down.

First Lesson Oct. 17, 2017. Currently in Faber Piano Adventures Book 3a. Yamaha P-115 for two years (good starter piano) and now a Kawai MP11SE (Fantastic piano!).
[Linked Image]
Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX] #2933684 01/14/20 11:37 AM
E
enw10 Offline
E
I'm loving all of these recordings! Keep them coming!!

I experimented with recording myself yesterday. I'll try to post something, but you know, we're our own worst critics, aren't we?

Re: Faber Graduates [Re: enw10] #2934096 01/15/20 08:15 AM
C
Chili_Time Offline
C
Originally Posted by enw10
I'm loving all of these recordings! Keep them coming!!

I experimented with recording myself yesterday. I'll try to post something, but you know, we're our own worst critics, aren't we?

Yes we are but I am very much enjoying listening to everyone's recordings. It's just a bunch of friends taking turns at the piano so jump in.

Last edited by Chili_Time; 01/15/20 08:16 AM.

First Lesson Oct. 17, 2017. Currently in Faber Piano Adventures Book 3a. Yamaha P-115 for two years (good starter piano) and now a Kawai MP11SE (Fantastic piano!).
[Linked Image]
Re: Faber Graduates [Re: Chili_Time] #2934134 01/15/20 09:14 AM
W
Wish4 Thing Offline
W
Originally Posted by Chili_Time
It's just a bunch of friends taking turns at the piano so jump in.

I'm loving this too! You all are my inspirations!

Re: Faber Graduates [Re: enw10] #2935387 01/17/20 03:16 PM
tbonesays Offline
Congrats, tbonesays! I just started level 5, too smile I'm a little overwhelmed. I really hate the Jazz Reflection review piece... it's not difficult, but I absolutely hate the way it sounds. I've only felt that way about a couple of pieces so far ("Morning" in Adult AIO2 and "Tropical Island" in 3B). Then, in the performance book, I've got Allegro in A Major, which is fine... except I'm having a hard time getting the tempo above about 70%. Not off to a great start, but I'll see what my teacher says.

I heard a really beautiful song in a movie the other day and went online and found an easy arrangement of it. That's always been my goal: to be able to play beautiful music that I hear, so it felt really great to see that I'm actually getting there! I can't wait for the day when I can play the not-easy arrangements or even the original versions of beautiful songs I hear!

I'm going to have to disagree with you on Jazz Reflection. I bypassed it at first having just complete the jazz trio at the end of Performance Book 4. But now I'm loving its tone. I've played a few 7th chords before but never a piece where that was the base chord for almost all of it.

Chili time: good job ragging that one out. I can see you worked hard on that tempo.

Wish4 Thing. I don't work them up the recommended tempo. oh and tiny mozarts on youtube? fuggedaboudit. But your Looking Glass went a lot faster than mine so I think your tempo is progressing at a laudatory rate. That Persian Market sounds fun and light as well.

"Motivation is simple, you eliminate anyone who isn't motivated." - Lou Holtz.
Re: Faber Graduates [Re: tbonesays] #2935409 01/17/20 03:52 PM
E
enw10 Offline
E
Originally Posted by tbonesays

I'm going to have to disagree with you on Jazz Reflection. I bypassed it at first having just complete the jazz trio at the end of Performance Book 4. But now I'm loving its tone. I've played a few 7th chords before but never a piece where that was the base chord for almost all of it.

Ohhh, now I DID like the blues trio in the level 4 performance book...especially Manhattan.

I don't get all of mine up to tempo either. My teacher never says anything about it, and when I say something she just tells me it's within an acceptable range smile She thinks that some of the tempo markings are too fast for the level.

Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX] #2935884 01/18/20 07:39 PM
W
Wish4 Thing Offline
W
Here I come again... crazy Carnival of Venice

tbonesays and enw10, thank you both for sharing your experience on tempo, very helpful!

hope to hear more recordings in this thread heart

Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX] #2936012 01/19/20 12:49 PM
P
pagirl Offline
P
Wish4_Thing: Carnival of Venice was great! I think it’s fantastic that all of you are uploading your recordings! It really gives me something to shoot for! I’m just not ready to do that yet. I am recording, but just in sections to analyze my playing for errors. I have yet to bring a piece up to tempo. I’m working on it though, and hope to upload one before too long. In the meantime, I am really enjoying yours, and it pushes me to work harder!!! Please keep them coming!

Fran...

Casio Privia 160, Classic popular, Soft Rock, Studying In PIano Adventures AIO, Unit 10
Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX] #2936074 01/19/20 11:03 PM
dobro Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I started back with level 2 today at chapter 3 and I’m still redoing the final pieces from Alfreds 1. Practice was great as things went smoothly. I have a dr appt tomorrow and hoping that I’ll know more about these hands.
I’ve been listening to, and keeping up with the progress that you all are making and I’m looking forward to getting back in line. I’d love to record something as well.

Fran, take your time and enjoy playing, I’ll be happy to hear anything whenever you feel ready.

Alesis Coda Pro
Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX] #2936239 01/20/20 10:41 AM
W
Wish4 Thing Offline
W
Fran, I'm sure you are enjoying the steady progress everyday!

dobro, welcome back ! I graduated myself from Alfred's AIO level 1, the last couple of pieces in Alfred were pretty challenging for me... I think your transition to Faber will be as smooth as the breeze. and good luck with your dr appt.

Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX] #2936684 01/21/20 11:22 AM
E
enw10 Offline
E
After messing with it for almost 2 hours, I think I got it! I think I get more nervous recording than I do playing for my teacher!! Anyway, not a Faber piece, but another one I'm working on. My teacher says I need to quit talking about my mistakes when I play, so I'll refrain, haha:
https://soundcloud.com/user-314436061/katawaredoki/s-eKoW5

Also, when I uploaded this, I found this recording I did in June 2018 from the AIO book 1! I clearly didn't spend 2 hours trying to get that one out of MIDI format wink
https://soundcloud.com/user-314436061/6-23-18-ice-skaters-pa-bk2/s-CmQYB

Last edited by enw10; 01/21/20 11:29 AM.
Re: Faber Graduates [Re: enw10] #2936729 01/21/20 01:05 PM
P
pagirl Offline
P
After messing with it for almost 2 hours, I think I got it! I think I get more nervous recording than I do playing for my teacher!! Anyway, not a Faber piece, but another one I'm working on. My teacher says I need to quit talking about my mistakes when I play, so I'll refrain, haha:
https://soundcloud.com/user-314436061/katawaredoki/s-eKoW5

Also, when I uploaded this, I found this recording I did in June 2018 from the AIO book 1! I clearly didn't spend 2 hours trying to get that one out of MIDI format wink
https://soundcloud.com/user-314436061/6-23-18-ice-skaters-pa-bk2/s-CmQYB

Oh, I knew you would be wonderful! Katawaredoki is so clear and precise!!! Ice Skaters is just plain fun! I really feel like I’m in the midst of people who love what they’re doing!!! So hoping some of this rubs off on me!!!

Fran...

Casio Privia 160, Classic popular, Soft Rock, Studying In PIano Adventures AIO, Unit 10
Re: Faber Graduates [Re: enw10] #2936868 01/21/20 07:14 PM
W
Wish4 Thing Offline
W

katawaredoki is so peaceful and elegant thumb I'm putting it on repeat!

I came from Alfred AIO 1, then Faber accelerated 2 and now Faber 3A. I'm tempted to go back to Faber AIO 1 for the Ice Skaters! felt like I missed some nice pieces smile

Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX] #2937014 01/22/20 08:25 AM
dobro Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
My hopes were a bit deflated with the dr visit as she explained it to be rheumatoid arthritis, and the cardio risk that is involved. They done blood work, I had extremely hi bp. There isn’t a magic shot that I hoped for and she says the bent/straight fingers are permanent damage. I’m to see another dr also. Etc.
The little devil has been on my shoulder asking what’s the use in sticking with music? I admit it to feeling like a lost cause at times but that’s just the same said devil I suppose. Im just going to stick with it and keep chipping away. After these couple of days in self pity I’m back to chapter 3 and re doing those final Alfreds songs. I’ll just adjust as necessary.

Alesis Coda Pro
Re: Faber Graduates [Re: dobro] #2937039 01/22/20 09:59 AM
Tyrone Slothrop Offline
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
My hopes were a bit deflated with the dr visit as she explained it to be rheumatoid arthritis, and the cardio risk that is involved. They done blood work, I had extremely hi bp. There isn’t a magic shot that I hoped for and she says the bent/straight fingers are permanent damage. I’m to see another dr also. Etc.
The little devil has been on my shoulder asking what’s the use in sticking with music? I admit it to feeling like a lost cause at times but that’s just the same said devil I suppose. Im just going to stick with it and keep chipping away. After these couple of days in self pity I’m back to chapter 3 and re doing those final Alfreds songs. I’ll just adjust as necessary.

Really sorry to hear this, dobro. Medicine can hold RA in check. There are early aggressive treatments. Is that too late for you?

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Re: Faber Graduates [Re: dobro] #2937055 01/22/20 11:21 AM
P
pagirl Offline
P

Dobro I’m so sorry to hear this! My Aunt had rheumatoid arthritis in her hands also. She played both the piano and organ. In fact she was the one who instilled my love of music. She also taught for years. I wasn’t old enough to understand all the pain and troubles she went through to stay with it, but I know she loved the music. Hopefully, the Drs will have some answers for you!!!

Re: Faber Graduates [Re: BrianDX] #2937076 01/22/20 11:53 AM
dobro Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
@Tyrone_Slothrop, she mentioned some steroid type meds and told me to take anti-inflammatory stuff for now until I go back on 2-14. I hope that I can stop, or slow the progress since I don’t have it as bad in the RH.

@pagirl, I’m glad to hear this about your aunt because it is exactly my hope that my love and dedication to music can get me thru the troubles. Perhaps it will provide additional motivation as well.

Alesis Coda Pro
Page 65 of 70 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 69 70

Moderated by  BB Player 

What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
Our January 2020 Newsletter Available Online Now...
Free Piano Newsletter
----------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq Free Trial
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawaik500 price
by Morgrob - 02/21/20 10:30 PM
When to practice with pedal?
by baudelairepianist - 02/21/20 09:12 PM
Pure 12th aural tuning sequence
by TimM_980 - 02/21/20 08:41 PM
YUYS5 TA2 vs GC1 TA2
by SNkeys - 02/21/20 07:33 PM
Kawai piano 35 yo
by Love4Music - 02/21/20 06:37 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics197,111
Posts2,928,476
Members96,066
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2019 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission