2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (Barly, bobrunyan, brennbaer, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 8 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2927979 12/29/19 06:52 PM
T
Tom97 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
What does it cost to play like the lady in the video? What did she have to sacrifice? Her childhood, life, soul?

Everything past 2:17 is just beyond my understanding (not that the stuff before that is not but this is just the peak).
She must be a concert pianist for sure. Unfortunately, there is no more information about her other than her artistic name.

Last edited by Tom97; 12/29/19 06:53 PM.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Probably all of the above....

[Linked Image]
S
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
PW Gold Subscriber
S
What does it cost to play like that? Did you consider this pianist may not have seen anything as a ‘cost’ but as a passion and a life’s pleasure ?

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
She practiced, lol.

Cunningham Studio grand; Yamaha CLP-645 Clavinova
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ebonykawai
She practiced, lol.

Such insight +1!!!! (Happy Holidays Lisa! 🎄)

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
First born child

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
F
F
To play like this requires a phenomenal memory. So many notes!

But if you have such a memory it only takes 12-20 years of instruction with 15-20 hours a week practice, 50 weeks every year. Let's average it out and say 15 thousand hours.

Playing like her is easy provided you have the time. Sadly few of us have the time. You don't need sacrifice, you need time.

Just do it. -- Nike
L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by Fidel

But if you have such a memory it only takes 12-20 years of instruction with 15-20 hours a week practice, 50 weeks every year. Let's average it out and say 15 thousand hours.

Playing like her is easy provided you have the time. Sadly few of us have the time. You don't need sacrifice, you need time.

As Hemingway said, time is what we have the least of.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop
Originally Posted by ebonykawai
She practiced, lol.

Such insight +1!!!! (Happy Holidays Lisa! 🎄)

And to you!! ❤️❤️❤️

Cunningham Studio grand; Yamaha CLP-645 Clavinova
Originally Posted by Tom97
What does it cost to play like the lady in the video? What did she have to sacrifice? Her childhood, life, soul?

Everything past 2:17 is just beyond my understanding (not that the stuff before that is not but this is just the peak).
She must be a concert pianist for sure. Unfortunately, there is no more information about her other than her artistic name.

The terribly annoying visual effects were giving me a headache. I couldn't even watch the whole video.

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

- Casio (Casiotone) CT-S300 - 2020
- Casio (Privia) PX-870BK - 2019
- Casio (Casiotone) CT-680 - 1990
- Yamaha (Portatone) PS-25 - 1983
- Yamaha (Portasound) PS-2 - 1980
She has a link to her Facebook and Instagram pages on that video’s description but I could only glean that she is Asian (Korean?)..which could mean she probably had years of lessons and may secretly have been one of those top conservatory students who go on to piano competitions but either burn out, quit,or go into other fields..if you log in to the Discord Pinano server you can hear a lot of great talented pianists practice 24/7..lol. The sheer number of highly trained classical pianists in the world is actually quite staggering, we just dont see or hear about them as many don’t publicize themselves on YT..

Last edited by AssociateX; 12/30/19 12:00 AM.

~~~~~~~
My Practice/Progress YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNj0Yha5exOWuJMTezV3t8Q
I think Kassia and Rousseau should play a duet together. crazy

W
W
I think what is mind boggling is how many people in the world out there who can all do this, and are not famous, and many have no record deals or nothing.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AssociateX
She has a link to her Facebook and Instagram pages on that video’s description but I could only glean that she is Asian (Korean?)..which could mean she probably had years of lessons and may secretly have been one of those top conservatory students who go on to piano competitions but either burn out, quit,or go into other fields..if you log in to the Discord Pinano server you can hear a lot of great talented pianists practice 24/7..lol. The sheer number of highly trained classical pianists in the world is actually quite staggering, we just dont see or hear about them as many don’t publicize themselves on YT..

I saw an early mention when she first stood up her Youtube channel that she was a conservatory graduate. But as you say, it may be that beyond being a grad, she might have been one of those top students.

Originally Posted by DutchTea
I think Kassia and Rousseau should play a duet together. crazy

I've been comparing Kassia to Rousseau and I think Kassia is the better pianist. Of course it's hard to compare since Kassia is one person but Rousseau is actually more than one pianist, something he has been admitting recently in his latest videos.

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
D
D
I was not one of those who "started-piano-at-4". But I'd say it took at least 6 years or more of formal training, if extremely talented. More than 9 is more accurate. I knew people who studied at my country's conservatory, these are the pieces played by college music students, from age 18 or more.

Last edited by DanL; 12/30/19 02:01 AM.

My YouTube channel
Yamaha U300. Roland FP30. Kawai ES110 (returned). Kohler & Campbell (practice room). Zoom H2n Handy Recorder.

I've been comparing Kassia to Rousseau and I think Kassia is the better pianist. Of course it's hard to compare since Kassia is one person but Rousseau is actually more than one pianist, something he has been admitting recently in his latest videos.

Yes, she is the better pianist. I watched her play something that she knew people would question the tempo for so she did another video proving she didn't speed it up. I thought that was smart of her to quiet any rumors before they began.

I haven't watched many of Rousseau's lately so didn't know about his admission. Looks like his subscriber base hasn't suffered, but I'm not sure what his totals have been recently.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Yes, she is the better pianist. I watched her play something that she knew people would question the tempo for so she did another video proving she didn't speed it up. I thought that was smart of her to quiet any rumors before they began.

People tend to have a 'me' perspective. "I can't go that fast, therefore she's faking it." For almost every one of her videos, some of the commenters claim the video was sped up. She's a young person with good reflexes. I think naysayers should watch another young person with good reflexes:

I haven't watched many of Rousseau's lately so didn't know about his admission.

See for example the title page of this one: (i.e., "performed by...")

Some viewers/commenters in past videos studied his hands and claimed that a few times when he didn't come clean, it wasn't the same person.

Looks like his subscriber base hasn't suffered, but I'm not sure what his totals have been recently.

He's crossed 2,300,000. Kassia has been doing well though. 164K in 5.5 months.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Fidel

Playing like her is easy provided you have the time. Sadly few of us have the time.You don't need sacrifice, you need time.
Memory for a short piece like this is definitely not an issue for any advanced pianist. Memorizing the notes to a piece is not like memorizing a sequence of random numbers.

I don't think any pianist could learn this even with terrific instruction and many years of practice for the same reason that any tennis player could not play like Federer as long as they had terrific instruction and endless time to practice. Not everyone has the same physical skills for tennis or for piano.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I don't know about the playing, but the videos are awful. I can't comment about the playing, because it is not clear that a real person is playing - or is it all cgi and mouse clicks?

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member
Silver Level
3000 Post Club Member

A lot of fun to watch the light thingy

Steinway A3
Boston 118 PE

YouTube

Working On
Chopin Nocturne E min
Bach Inventions

"You Can Never Have Too Many Dream Pianos" -Thad Carhart
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission