2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (David B, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, dh371, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, 10 invisible), 1,199 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 108 of 237 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 236 237
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
@Theo: The quote that the dealer gives you doesn't matter. It's completely irrelevant.
So ... what does matter? The quote you give the dealer.
If you want to make a good deal, you have to make the deal yourself. No one will do it for you.

Also ... it matters not at all that this dealer is the only game in town.
There need be no competition among dealers. YOU are the competition.
The dealer has to work to get your money. Make him work.

Originally Posted by EddyN1x
What do you think of the piano sound 4? This is a bright Bösendorfer, but not as a 4-sampling recording. I actually find the sound very balanced over the speakers. For some pieces, in my opinion, this sound is even better than the CFX. What is your opinion?

I too am very fond of the bright Bösendorfer voice. I generally turn the brightness down to 2 and use it to practice with headphones and find it very responsive. Using it over the speakers is quite pleasant as the Bösendorfer Imperial can be boomy in the room I have the N1X in (it's rather empty at the moment).

Yamaha N1X
T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Tyrone Slothrop

Perhaps you should check the online options anyways. Also, you know you probably don't need to use "the only game in town". Also, there are likely other dealers that will deliver to you and even with the delivery fee, they might be cheaper, especially if they are outside of Wisconsin. Setting up some competition is good.

Yah, I was looking in the prices paid thread, and interested to see that folks have bought them from brick and mortar shops in very different locations who still delivered; I wonder what delivery services they used.

I'm also thinking about waiting until the summer when I have a more flexible schedule, and casting a wider net - maybe up to a few hours away - and then possibly just renting a van and talking a couple of friends into making a self-delivery road trip. smile

Oh, and BTW, I called the local salesperson back today and tried to barter, but they wouldn't budge an inch. Their reasoning is that since they don't have it in stock at the moment, it's a "special order" and they "have" to go with the Yamaha MSRP for those. I politely declined ...

Enthusiastic but mediocre amateur.
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Usually the dealer arranges delivery, even for longer-haul.

That said, a self-delivery trip might be good and will save you even more. You will very likely save money even if you end up renting a small Uhaul truck or trailer for your car.

You don't really need the friends for driving the item, or even moving the two boxes into your car/trailer/truck (since the dealer should help with getting it into your vehicle). But those friends could come in very handy when you get home and need help to get the boxes in the house and even help with piano assembly.

[Linked Image]
across the stone, deathless piano performances

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Success is 10% inspiration, and 90% perspiration." -by some other wise person
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T

Usually the dealer arranges delivery, even for longer-haul.That said, a self-delivery trip might be good and will save you even more. You will very likely save money even if you end up renting a small Uhaul truck or trailer for your car.

Yah, I wonder about that too. I'll need to look up the charge on a one-day van rental. It's been a while since I rented a moving vehicle - knock on wood ...

You don't really need the friends for driving the item, or even moving the two boxes into your car/trailer/truck (since the dealer should help with getting it into your vehicle). But those friends could come in very handy when you get home and need help to get the boxes in the house and even help with piano assembly.

Good point. I would definitely make sure an employee was available to help me load before driving down there myself!

T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by TheophilusCarter

Oh, and BTW, I called the local salesperson back today and tried to barter ...

"Barter"? What the heck, was I offering them chickens?! laugh I'm not sure what I meant to type there, but certainly not "barter" ...

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Are you typing on an iPhone? Mine is driving me crazy especially since I’m not a native English speaker and use some odd language constructs which the iPhone certainly thinks are not what I want to say and applies some ridiculous corrections 🤣

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by CyberGene
Are you typing on an iPhone? Mine is driving me crazy especially since I’m not a native English speaker and use some odd language constructs which the iPhone certainly thinks are not what I want to say and applies some ridiculous corrections 🤣

Um, yes, that's it ... Let's say that I was typing on an iPhone ... wink

5000 Post Club Member
Online Crying
5000 Post Club Member

"Barter"? What the heck, was I offering them chickens?! laugh I'm not sure what I meant to type there, but certainly not "barter" ...

I can see myself typing barter instead of haggle if I wasn't thinking.

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A

I'm guessing you tried to type "bargain" - but barter was very enjoyable.

In exchange for that piano I'll give you a horse, two pigs, and a partridge in a pear tree!

Merry Christmas everyone.

A
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
In exchange for that piano I'll give you a horse, two pigs, and a partridge in a pear tree!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Is the horse a hybrid?

B
B
I just ordered a N1X for 6990 €.
It will be delivered (free, 350 km) probably in january.
I played it with my headphone (Beyerdynamic 770) and it was perfect, very similar to a real acoustic piano.

PS
(Just for fun I played the piano of my dreams, a Steinway B 211 (Hamburg). crazy Magic. The Piano. 100 000 €. cry)

My pianos : Kawai ES8, Yamaha N1X
Headphone : Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 Ω
D
David B Online Content OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
D
Congrats on the purchase.

Now the wait begins. Hopefully it won't be very long.

God Bless,
David

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by BachToTheFuture

The N1X Owner's Club now up to 35: Euler1707, CyberGene, pianokat123, J5on, Amy C, Bro', jgbs, Tyrone Slothrop, David B, Chrispy, percy64, nax, Canticle80, kipdent, Haruki, RobertInFlorida, stewart715, StefVR (sold), JJHLH, Onyx, perezdaniel88, Adagios/Pabitel, wintyfresh, Aristede, srslysupersonic, kiwon0905, Csillag, EddyN1x, tntultra, Realisme, leiting, Zamenhof, OldTinho, betacentauri, Camass, BachToTheFuture. grin

[Linked Image]

"Discipline is more reliable than motivation." -by a contributor on Reddit r/piano
"Pianoteq manages to keep it all together yet simultaneously also go in all directions; like a quantum particle entangled with an unknown and spooky parallel universe simply waiting to be discovered." -by Pete14
N
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
N

The N1X Owner's Club now up to 35: Euler1707, CyberGene, pianokat123, J5on, Amy C, Bro', jgbs, Tyrone Slothrop, David B, Chrispy, percy64, nax, Canticle80, kipdent, Haruki, RobertInFlorida, stewart715, StefVR (sold), JJHLH, Onyx, perezdaniel88, Adagios/Pabitel, wintyfresh, Aristede, srslysupersonic, kiwon0905, Csillag, EddyN1x, tntultra, Realisme, leiting, Zamenhof, OldTinho, betacentauri, Camass, BachToTheFuture. grin

Dude you got other interesting statistics? smile

Roland LX708
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Nordomus

That's not how OCD works! wink

[Linked Image]

V
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
V

With OCD, you should also know the count of the competition on this forum (NV10 owners). Do you? (not necessarily the list, just a count) :-)

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
I’m also curious about the Novus count. From afar it seems like the Novus (count) is lagging behind. wink

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Volusiano
With OCD, you should also know the count of the competition on this forum (NV10 owners). Do you? (not necessarily the list, just a count) :-)

What? Competitors? They're teammates! Team Hybrid. 😎

Merry Christmas, everyone! 🎄

Originally Posted by Pete14
I’m also curious about the Novus count. From afar it seems like the Novus (count) is lagging behind. wink

They are way ahead!

[Linked Image]

Page 108 of 237 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 236 237

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission