2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
45 members (1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, 6 invisible), 1,198 guests, and 256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 64 of 101 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 100 101
enw10 #2925118 12/20/19 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by enw10
Originally Posted by Wish4 Thing
Should we have Faber-themed recitals among us "the faberites"? That would be cool cool

Great job, again! And I'd do a recital... assuming I can figure out how to record myself.

Thank you! I just use an app on my android phone called Easy Voice Recorder which has music/raw sound mode. At some point, I'll try to figure out how to place the phone at the right angle to record hand playing in video...

I'll need to re-do Carol of the Bells now grin

Have fun to all Faberites 2hearts

P
P
Oh, I would love to hear a recital! Don’t think I would be brave enough to do it, but it would sure be an inspiration for me!!! enw10, I would love to hear a duet by you and your daughter, that would be so special! Wish4Thing, You are so supportive, and your pieces are just getting better and better! tbonesays, Chili_Time, and dobro, you all have so much to offer, would love to hear from you too!

I just made a major jump ahead in my lessons, I am now learning sharps! I am also getting to the point where I can finally get through a piece without too many mistakes, and most important, very little tension, thanks to my teacher!!! Still a long way to go, but am moving forward!

Fran...

Yamaha Arius 164, Classic popular, Soft Rock, Studying In PIano Adventures AIO, Unit 11, Pianote Foundations
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
@pagirl, it’s great that you recognize and avoid that tension, I constantly try to stay clear of it. I even have a “tension” sign with the line thru it as a reminder on my music stand. Keep up that forward attitude.

Alesis Coda Pro
PianoVideoLessons.com Currently unit 4
Faber All In One -Level 2
Grateful Dead fan since 1987
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I hope to be back with the faberites here soon as I’ve went back to Alfreds 1 to refresh on some pieces there. I’m not putting any pressure on myself and just having fun. I hope everyone here has a great holiday and I wish you all well with your studies and progress.

Last edited by dobro; 12/22/19 10:29 PM.

Alesis Coda Pro
dobro #2925982 12/23/19 08:22 AM
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by dobro
I hope to be back with the faberites here soon as I’ve went back to Alfreds 1 to refresh on some pieces there. I’m not putting any pressure on myself and just having fun. I hope everyone here has a great holiday and I wish you all well with your studies and progress.

"Just having fun" is the key. Merry Christmas to you!

[Linked Image]
dobro #2926068 12/23/19 12:43 PM
P
P

I agree with Noble House, “Just have fun,” and it sure doesn’t hurt to go back and review. I try to do that even with pieces I’ve finished. Enjoy the Holidays, but give yourself plenty of ‘rest’ breaks🙂

Fran...

Yamaha Arius 164, Classic popular, Soft Rock, Studying In PIano Adventures AIO, Unit 11, Pianote Foundations
dobro #2926084 12/23/19 01:57 PM
C
C

Also agree on the fun.This is a hobby for me so enjoyment is the objective!

First Lesson Oct. 17, 2017. Now working on Faber Piano Adventures 3B Lesson, T&A, Performance, Theory and Faber FunTime Ragtime & Marches. Kawai MP11SE. My Sound Cloud Piano recordings
[Linked Image]
pagirl #2928023 12/29/19 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by pagirl
Oh, I would love to hear a recital! Don’t think I would be brave enough to do it, but it would sure be an inspiration for me!!! enw10, I would love to hear a duet by you and your daughter, that would be so special! Wish4Thing, You are so supportive, and your pieces are just getting better and better! tbonesays, Chili_Time, and dobro, you all have so much to offer, would love to hear from you too!

I just made a major jump ahead in my lessons, I am now learning sharps! I am also getting to the point where I can finally get through a piece without too many mistakes, and most important, very little tension, thanks to my teacher!!! Still a long way to go, but am moving forward!

Fran...

Just like dobro said, play in a relaxed manner because you are enjoying it. PA Girl, you are making great progress. I already test out my weekly lesson at open mic night at a local coffee house. A Faber themed recital would be fun, I think I used Audacity the last time I recorded for PW.

No time for NYRs, I'm off to Level 5.

Last edited by tbonesays; 12/29/19 08:14 PM. Reason: and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to Faber Folks

"Motivation is simple, you eliminate anyone who isn't motivated." - Lou Holtz.
Originally Posted by tbonesays

I seem to recall the OP of this thread said only 1% of the Faber students get to level 5. That's quite an achievement!

I'm taking it easy and slow too blush (on last song of unit 1 in lesson book 3A)

Happy new year and happy pianoing to all!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
@tbonesays, congratulations on your move to 5, I agree with @Wish4_Thing above in that it’s quite an achievement. Pretty soon you won’t even know us little beginners. Kidding aside, I applaud your discipline as we have at least an idea of what that takes.

Alesis Coda Pro
E
E
Congrats, tbonesays! I just started level 5, too smile I'm a little overwhelmed. I really hate the Jazz Reflection review piece... it's not difficult, but I absolutely hate the way it sounds. I've only felt that way about a couple of pieces so far ("Morning" in Adult AIO2 and "Tropical Island" in 3B). Then, in the performance book, I've got Allegro in A Major, which is fine... except I'm having a hard time getting the tempo above about 70%. Not off to a great start, but I'll see what my teacher says.

I heard a really beautiful song in a movie the other day and went online and found an easy arrangement of it. That's always been my goal: to be able to play beautiful music that I hear, so it felt really great to see that I'm actually getting there! I can't wait for the day when I can play the not-easy arrangements or even the original versions of beautiful songs I hear!

C
C
Originally Posted by tbonesays

Congrats!!!!

I don't think many people that begin piano make it to level 5 so you are a rare student. I did a quick check on Amazon just to get a feel for how many fewer level 5 books get sold. Here are the results.

Level 1 - Lesson Book: Piano Adventures #4 in Piano (Books) #1,114 in Books

Level 5 - Lesson Book: Piano Adventures #270 in Piano (Books) #61,231 in Books

First Lesson Oct. 17, 2017. Now working on Faber Piano Adventures 3B Lesson, T&A, Performance, Theory and Faber FunTime Ragtime & Marches. Kawai MP11SE. My Sound Cloud Piano recordings
[Linked Image]
Keep up the good work, enw10!

I just gave myself a pass on "Looking Glass River". One problem I have is that, the piece is marked Andante but bpm is 112-120, that's pretty fast for me...

Faber Lesson Book 4/Beyer Op.101/Czerny Op. 599

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
C
C
My new piano has a recording feature, so I played around with it this weekend. It took multiple (as in a lot) of play throughs to get one that was close to mistake free. Anyway this is the best out of many attempts on Snowflake Rag. Hope the link works. I'm still fgiring out soundcloud and recording and uploading.

I am in awe of people whio can play real Joplin Rags!

https://soundcloud.com/chili-time/snowflake-rag-faber-3a

Last edited by Chili_Time; 01/12/20 11:54 PM.

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I like that @Chili_Time, I’ve been redoing The Entertainer” from Alfreds 1 and this sounds somewhat like a juiced of version of that. The bass sounded good and solid, bridge, and ending clean and on point. Great job.

Alesis Coda Pro
Very nice, Chili_Time! I like the way you touch the keys since mine (Looking-Glass River) sounds like I'm hammering it... Thanks for sharing so I can learn from you!

P
P
Originally Posted by Chili_Time
My new piano has a recording feature, so I played around with it this weekend. It took multiple (as in a lot) of play throughs to get one that was close to mistake free. Anyway this is the best out of many attempts on Snowflake Rag. Hope the link works. I'm still fgiring out soundcloud and recording and uploading.

I am in awe of people whio can play real Joplin Rags!

https://soundcloud.com/chili-time/snowflake-rag-faber-3a

Wonderful recording, Chili-Time! So even and yet at a fast tempo, Not easy to do!

Fran...

P
P
Originally Posted by Wish4 Thing
Very nice, Chili_Time! I like the way you touch the keys since mine (Looking-Glass River) sounds like I'm hammering it... Thanks for sharing so I can learn from you!

You make me wish I was already at your level! Your song is lovely! I am just now addressing the problem of how to touch the keys without sounding like I’m hitting them too hard. My teacher helped me do this just a few days ago, and it really does help, just to touch press down gently, then let up, after the count. Hope I’ve got that right...So much to learn, but I’m loving it!

Fran...

C
C
Thank you all so much. You are all so very encouraging!

I wish I could play it like that every time but that was the best I could do out of about 30 takes some of which were total train wrecks. LOL My teacher has helped me so much from the beginning days.

The journey is the fun part, so enjoy it.

[Linked Image]
pagirl #2933318 01/13/20 02:33 PM
P
P
Need an edit! 😆 Press down gently! From the wrist!!! Don’t want to forget that!

Fran...

Page 64 of 101 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 100 101

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission